HIS GREATEST BETRAYAL

By Nyanya_Writes

To her , it was his ultimate betrayal but to him , it was her redemption. ... More

All rights reserved
PROLOGUE
BOOK ONE : HOW IT BEGAN
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
BOOK TWO: THE ENCOUNTER
Chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
BOOK THREE : SCARS OF THE PAST
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Epilogue
Author's Note
NEW BOOK ALERT!

Chapter 10

4.8K 149 26
By Nyanya_Writes

We all sat at the breakfast table that morning . Ferracco was sitting across me. Every time our eyes met , he would flash me a small smile. I noticed that his smiles didn't quite reach his eyes.

I could sense his nervousness. I wondered if l had somehow offended him by asking about his family. I knew it was a sensitive topic for him. It wasn't easy for a twelve year old to witness his aunt being ran over by a car.

I suddenly wished our relationship wasn't a secret so that l could hold his hand and offer him some comfort. It was only fair l did that considering how he comforted me when l lost my parents.

Claudius was seated next to Ferracco and he kept throwing disgusted looks his way. He wanted him gone as soon as possible.

I tried to ignore him but l found out that l couldn't. I set down my fork and knife on my plate feeling angry. Ferracco was my guest and he was welcome to stay at the mansion for as long as he wanted. Claudius had no right to make him feel bad about it.

Suddenly feeling bold , l placed my hand on top of Ferracco's on the dining table. I met his shocked eyes. I knew that we had agreed to keep our relationship a secret for now but l couldn't stand to watch Claudius's dirty glares.

Everyone on the table stopped eating and stared at our joined hands in shock. I saw Claudius clench his jaw in anger. Lola and Amira stared at me puzzled. My eyes moved back to Ferracco. He was silently begging me with his eyes to stop whatever l was going to do but l ignored him and brought back my eyes to the other three.

"Ferracco and l are lovers and we plan on getting married," l suddenly announced in a bold voice.

The silence that followed was like that of the grave yard. Then Lola choked on the water she was sipping. Four pairs of eyes stared at me shocked.

" You can't be serious!," Lola yelled at me.

I knew that she felt betrayed. We have always told each other stuff even the embarrassing ones. Claudius's steel grey eyes narrowed at me. Amira looked unsure as she silently stared from me to Ferracco.

Claudius threw down his napkin in a fit of rage. He glared at Ferracco then back to me.

"What the hell is this madness about?," he snapped at me.

I felt even more angrier at his insult. Claudius never cursed at me.

"You don't get to use that tone with me , Claudius!," l snapped back at him.

He let out a mocking laughter.

"This is not you , Jane. You are usually more sensible than this. What did he do to you , uhh? Tell me!"

My face was now red with anger. I have never felt more humiliated in my life. I remained silent while clenching my hands in anger. Claudius was our family lawyer but he was also like my elder brother. I didn't want to say anything in a fit of rage that will only end up ruining our friendship .

I knew that he was only looking out for me but it was a little overboard. When l remained silent , Claudius turned to Amira.

"Are you going to allow this?," he asked Amira but she remained quiet staring down into her plate with a sad expression.

Claudius ran frustrated fingers through his brown hair.

"For Goodness's sake , they just met. You are supposed to be her mother. Dammit! Talk some sense into her!," he exploded before pushing back his chair noisily and stormed out of the dining room.

I looked up at Ferracco. He was staring at me with cold and empty eyes. Well! I couldn't blame him. I had just revealed our secret in front of my family without his consent and ended up creating a scene and him being openly insulted.

It was terrible!

I felt bad. Really bad!

"Jane , l would like to talk to you. In private," Amira told me before getting up and heading for her room.

I took in a huge gulp of air , feeling nervous. Amira was very protective of me ever since l was a baby. I knew that l was going to have a hard time convincing her that Ferracco was perfect for me and that he could be trusted.

To her , he was still a stranger. I gazed at Ferracco apologetically, squeezing his hand before following Aunt Amira.

                                             ****

" l am worried about you, Jane. You barely know the guy and yet you are announcing a wedding!"

Amira sounded worried and concerned. I felt bad for dropping such a bombshell on her. Maybe l should have listened to Ferracco and kept it a secret until they knew him better.

I sat besides her on the bed and took her hands into mine giving her an easy smile.

"Aunt , l have never been so sure of anything in my life. We love each other and l trust him. We want to get married and live together," l tried to convince her.

She gave me an assessing glance before turning away.

"But the two of you just met. Honey , marriage is not a joke. It's a lifetime commitment. You are still young and.."

"But you and Uncle Roberto met in Puerto Rico and within a month you were pleading vows to each other. You loved each other for twenty five years," l argued.

Amira smiled sadly at the memory of her husband. A few tears escaped her eyes and she wiped them away with the back of her hand. She squeezed my hands again.

"It's because we met when we were a bit older and we were so sure of what we wanted with our lives. We both wanted children and that made it easier. The two of you are both young . What if you realise that you weren't meant for each other and decide to divorce but already have kids. That would be years wasted and l am sure you wouldn't want to put your kids through emotional stress of being dragged to one custody court to another."

By the time she finished her long speech , tears were already overflowing my face. She didn't understand. Why can't anyone understand that l can only marry him and no one else. I wanted to do it as soon as possible before l lost him. I just couldn't lose him. God knows l have lost enough people in my life already.

" l lost my parents. I... can't... lose him too," my voice chocked on the words as more tears spilled down my cheeks.

Amira stared at me with eyes clouded with fear and worry.

"Honestly, l don't trust Ferracco, child."

" Please give us your blessing, aunt. You are the only family l have left. I can't go through this wedding without your approval," l whispered over the lump in my throat.

I was now openly crying. Aunt Amira hugged me tightly and wept along with me. After some minutes , she released me and dried my tears with her hand,smiling widely.

"I can see that you truly love me. I only want you to be happy .You have my blessing , child," she whispered.

"Thank you. You don't know how much it means to me," l said in a teary voice , pulling her into one more hug.

Our precious moment was interrupted when the door suddenly burst open and two grim faces walked in. Lola stopped in front of me and folded her arms.

"Can anyone explain to me what the hell is going on?" she demanded in a sharp voice.

Lola was furious that l had kept my affair with Ferracco a secret. It was my first time to keep a secret from her. She was like my human diary and l felt bad for lying to her.

I stood up and walked towards her. I pulled her into a tight hug despite her resistance. She finally relaxed and let out a frustrated sigh hugging me back.

"I am sorry , Lola," l whispered to her.

She let out an unladylike snort before saying,

" l thought we were sisters. Why did you have to hide something big like that from me?"

There was real concern in her voice. A huge grin broke out on my face. She sounded like a big sister.

"I won't do that again," l promised her.

She held me at arm's length and her lips curled into a mischievous grin. I knew that smile.

Goodness! What is she planning?

"You remember a promise we made in our eighth grade when one keeps a secret?," she asked me.

I groaned and slapped my forehead. Her smirk only increased.

"That's right, Miss Castio. You have to go shopping with me," Lola said with a proud look on her face.

God! How l hate shopping!

Shopping with Lola was terrible. It meant a day of being dragged from one designer shop to another. Every time l go shopping with her , l would return with sore feet.

Yeah! The girl was a total fashion sucker.

Lola slapped my arm playfully and grinned.

"I am wondering. How did someone like you catch a hunk like Ferracco. Damn! That guys is smoking hot. I bet l ..."

"Mind your language , young lady," Amira said in a stern voice but her eyes were smiling.

Then Claudius stepped further into the room. I felt my earlier happiness deflate. I was so sure that he was here to tell me a million reasons of why l couldn't be with Ferracco.

Claudius hated Ferracco so much that one could think they were so mortal enemies in some past life or something.

"What about his family? Do you know anything about him? ," Claudius asked me in a scowling voice.

Aunt Amira and Lola turned their eyes on me for answers. I swallowed over the sudden lump in my throat.

"Ferracco has no family. He grew up in an orphanage. He works in Brasilia as an architect," l said in a small voice.

" And you believe that crap! ", he boomed.

"Claudius!" Amira called in a strict voice and Claudius seemed to calm down a bit before adding again quietly.

" You are an heiress of Castio industry, a biggest, famous construction company in the continent. I bet he is after your money , Jane," he argued again.

I noticed the concern in his voice but l didn't need that right now. I loved and trusted Ferracco . It was simple as that. No arguments!

" You will have to respect my decisions, Claudius. I trust Ferracco."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 486 21
Let's once again indulge in the world of Serilda for one last time. Let the pain be there Let the hope come Let the love flourish Let the truth come...
63.4K 922 35
(LOWERCASE INTENDED!) [18+] • his butterfly / may. 2022 - sep. 2022 ✅ "please don't hurt me again." i cried out as he stared at me with a hint of sad...
66.4K 1.5K 33
After years of ups and down, Ryan William is left all alone even though he's surround by a lot of people. Choosing his love over the girl everyone th...
391K 12.1K 50
Mattia My Angel flew away. I broke her so she risked death to escape The years are long without her and my little sweet pea One phone call changes...