Little Miss Secret

Por jodimarlene

Seth Wood. A boy who left behind the only world he had ever known because he though it was in everyone's best... Más

Haircut
Harper Rose
Pinky Promise
Green Eyes
Ice Cream & Jealousy
Granddaughters?
Hope
Dallas. Not Texas.
Still A Mother
Finally A Family?
Moving Day
The Apology
Certified Babysitter
What if?
Happily Ever After?
Wedding Bells
Drunken Slumber
Lillian Hamilton
Oh Baby!
Guilty
Ily
Date Night
x2
Negative
Precautions
Leo
Safety First
Get Out
Amanda
Big Sister
Maid of Honor
Play Date
Baby Camille
No Matter What
The Results
Surprise!
Epilogue
MY NEW BOOK!
I need your help! (My Youtube)
LITTLE MISS TEENAGER! SEQUEL IS NOW OUT!
A new book?

Picture Perfect

16.8K 371 24
Por jodimarlene

I woke up to the sun shining through the blinds. I rolled over and yawned. Seth's arms were still draped around me. I sat up quickly in the realization of what had happened last night.

"Oh god." I put my face in my hands. How could I do this to Dallas? How could I do this to myself?

Seth stirred in his sleep. I pushed his arm off of me and grabbed my phone. I went across the hall and slipped on my work clothes. I tried to push all the events that had happened the last night out of my mind.

I checked the time. 8:40.

I ran back over to Seth's room while putting my hair up. I shook him awake.

"Seth...Seth."

"Huh?" His eyes fluttered open.

"You're getting Harper today. From my mom? At 10:00."

"Uh-huh." He rolled over.

"Okay. I'm leaving."

He mumbled something. I couldn't bother figuring out what he had said. I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my work stuff. 

The ride there was quiet. The only thing I could hear was the regret and shame in my head. I really don't know what happened, what got in to me. Nothing made sense. 

I pulled into my parking spot and raced into the office. I went straight to Mr. Hudson's office and knocked. He called out for me to come in.

"I'm sorry." I said out of breath, "I didn't mean to be late. Just a lot happening in my life right now." 

I kinda lied...but kinda not. 

"Don't worry about it Violet," he chuckled "It's only 9:02."

"Thank you." I said under my breath. I left his office and went to check my schedule. I had an appointment for family photos at 9:30. I went over to the photography room to make sure everything was in place. I changed the backdrop to the one that the family had requested. I checked the camera and lenses. By the time I had finished doing everything the family was in the waiting room. 

"Good morning!" I said cheerfully, "You must be Mr. and Mrs. Richards."

"Oh please," The mother stood up from where she was seated, "Call me Sherri!"

She stuck out her hand and I grasped her chocolate skin in my hand. 

"This is my husband, Lane." I shook his hand.

"And my children! Reese, Trey, and Aniyah."

The three kids stood in front of me. The eldest girl looked to be in her early teen years. I shot her a grin. Trey had his headphones in his ears. The youngest little girl hid behind her mother's leg, a thumb in her mouth. She was probably only 5. 

I led the family into the photo room and asked them to stand on the backdrop. I posed them and took a few pictures. I repeated the process of posing them and snapping pictures. I took some of just the kids, and then just the parents. After about an hour, we finished. 

I said my goodbyes to the family and they headed to the front to pay. I cleaned up the small mess I had made of the room. I took the SD card out of the camera  and headed back to my tiny office. I sat down at my computer and inserted the card. I opened the pictures. 

The family smiled back on me on the screen. The pictures were lovely! I even got Aniyah to smile in a few of them. They looked so happy. So out together and beautiful. 

After I was finished taking the photos, the happy family walked to the front desk to pay. I cleaned up the small mess I had made and got the SD card out of the camera. I went back into my office and inserted the SD card into my computer. The smiling family stared back at me from the screen. I chose some of my favorites and edited them a tiny bit. I began making a portfolio for the client. As I got to the end of the clients photos a familiar face popped up on my screen. 

The picture I had taken of Seth, Harper, & Matthew stared at me. I grinned at Harper's cheesy smile, Seth's scared face, & Matthew's sleeping eyes. 

The photo reminded me. Seth's birthday is in the next weeks. I placed an order for a big canvas of the photo. 

As I stared at the photo I was reminded,

Seth is Harper's father, and that's all he should be to me. 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

30.8K 6.3K 53
Darkness isn't just when you can't find the torch. It isn't only when there's no electricity and the moon's nowhere to be found. Darkness is a feeli...
87K 1K 30
Follow the unexpected journey of Jennifer, a teenager raising a baby without his father. She never knew who the father was due to her having drunken...
950 169 32
It's been a week since Dad died. People won't stop reminding us about it. Every day someone new stops by with home cooked meals and empty handed con...
33.1K 880 70
"Turning away won't help you Violet! I love you and I know you do the same. Stop denying your feelings for god's sake." He said, repeatedly. "Why are...