The Forced Marriage With The...

By Mystery_Angel6

Daniel Rodriguez. Who would say that the once caring and fun loving playboy would turn into a heartless man... More

Chapter 1. The Cross Connection
Chapter 2. Falling into the trap
Chapter 3. The Prince's Sister
Chapter 4. The Marriage
Chapter 5. Married
Chapter 6. The sight of heaven?
Chapter 7. Nightmare
Chapter 8. Comfort
Chapter 9. Mess?
Chapter 10. Hurt
Chapter 11. Abomination
Chapter 12. His Darkness
Chapter 13. Aftermath
Chapter 14. The Piano Room
Chapter 15. Bitter-Sweet Memories
Chapter 16. Breakfast together
Chapter 17. Having Fun
Chapter 18. Plotting
Chapter 19. Funeral
Chapter 20. Step-Sister
Chapter 21. Saving A Damsel In Distress
Chapter 22. Jealousy
Chapter 23. The Kiss
Chapter 24. Why did you do that?
Chapter 25. Kiana's Condition
Chapter 27. The Truce
Chapter 28. The Heartbreak
Chapter 29. Goodbye, Daniel.
Chapter 30. "I know better than you."
Chapter 31. Anthony's Past
Chapter 32. Graveyard Visit
Chapter 33. Anthony's Secret
Chapter 34. Stupid Mate Bond
Chapter 35. Accidently Hearing The Truth
Chapter 36. Invitation
Chapter 37. Letting off the Hook
Chapter 38. Marked
Chapter 39. Can't keep my hands off you
Chapter 40. What really happened.
Chapter 41. Scheming Kiana
Chapter 42. You love her, don't you?
Chapter 43. Ari, you can't leave me.
Chapter 44. The Change
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Characters
Anthony's Story! (Completed)

Chapter 26. You're most precious to me

42.7K 1.5K 270
By Mystery_Angel6

Ariana's POV

I stared at the view of the castle's beautiful garden in front of me as my hands rested on the railing of the balcony. Cool breeze blew my hair to my face but I didn't bother tucking it behind.

The whole day had passed just like that and it was already night time while my mind was in despair. My heart hurt on even thinking of saying harsh words to Daniel.

There's no person in the world who I hate more than Kiana right now. How could she ask me to do something like that? If I don't agree to her, it will be Daniel who will suffer. And I don't want that. It's better I suffer than him.

While I was busy in my thoughts, I didn't notice the person approaching me coming to stand beside me. It wasn't until he spoke did I realise he was here.

"What are you thinking about so attentively, Ari?" Daniel's hand gently tucked a wayward strand of my hair behind my ear.

I turned my head to look at him. He was standing beside me with his one hand resting on the railing while his other hand was playing with a lock of my hair twirling them around his index finger. There was a small smile playing on his lips as he stared at me with warm eyes.

I felt my heart flutter just looking at him. I didn't see him the whole day since morning and I dare not say I didn't miss him. It was only for this short time span and I missed him terribly. What will happen when I leave him?

The fact caused a tug at my heart and I averted my gazes away from him back to the view of the garden, "I was just looking at the view. You have a beautiful garden in your castle."

"Really? It's good to hear that you like it. Did you know I decorated and planted all the plants in the garden myself?" Daniel's voice was merry as if he felt really proud of planting them.

I looked at him from the corner of my eyes and there he was, still staring me with a huge smile on his face.

"Beautiful," he whispered which I caught without a problem due to my werewolf ears.

"It is," I smiled agreeing with his words. He's talking about the garden, right?

"I didn't mean the garden, Ari," Daniel tucked the strand of hair wrapped around his finger behind my ear.

My cheeks heated up when I realised he was referring to me and from the corner of my eyes, I saw his smile widening.

Whats up with him? He's flirting with me and he also looks genuinely happy.

"You look happy," I pointed out looking back at the garden.

"That's because I am," he chirped merrily.

I felt my heart at ease by seeing him in such a good mood which is very rare.

"Is there a reason for your happiness?" I asked curiously.

"Ofcourse, there is. I finally found a way to keep someone close to me."

My brows furrowed a bit. Why do I have a feeling that he's talking about me? But then, Why would he? It's not like he has feelings for me....

".....From what I've observed in these few days, I realised Danny has some kind of feelings for you...."

Kiana's words snaped in my head making me involuntarily turn my head and look at Daniel. He was staring back at me with the same warm and loving gaze.

My heartbeat accelerated automatically. No. Daniel can't possibly have any feelings for me....But then, Daniel isn't the type of person who would kiss anybody just for the sake of fun....

If it's true then does that mean-

"By the way, turn here," Daniel cut my train of thoughts as he placed his hands on both of my shoulders turning me to the side so that I'm facing him.

He took his hands of my shoulders and unclasped the silver chain wound around his neck.

I stared at the beautiful pendant with a blue charm stone attached to the silver chain as Daniel held it in his hand. Before I could fathom what he was doing, he put his hands that held the chain around my neck and hooked the chain's lock letting it rest on my neck.

Daniel's fingers trailed across my neck where the chain settled as he ran his thumb up and down my neck gently. The action causing my skin to tingle at his touch and my breath to turn a bit shallower.

"You have such a soft skin, Ari. Makes me want sink my fangs in them," Daniel murmured before retrieving his hand back and shaking his head vigorously muttering something akin to 'I can't do that to her'.

What is he talking about?

Daniel finally looked at me when he saw me staring at him with a confused look. Giving me an apologetic smile,

"The necklace looks much better on you. The charm stone is to protect you from any harm. Don't take it off, okay?" he coaxed gently with a sweet smile.

I looked at him in disbelief. So it actually was a real charm stone? Why is he giving it to me? Isn't it very precious?

"I-I can't keep it. Aren't the charm stones almost extinct? If this is a real one, why are giving it to me? You should keep it for yourself. It will protect you. It's precious. I don't deserve-"

Daniel cut my ramble off by placing his index finger on my lips hushing me, "Shhh...there, sweetheart."

The endearment made my heart do flip flops as I stared at him wide eyed, my mouth sealing shut.

Daniel took his finger from my lips but instead of moving back, he held my face tenderly. His thumb caressed my cheek as his eyes peered into mine.

"You're the most precious thing to me, Ari," he said leaning his face closer to mine.

Oh my...

I can't breath. This man had a way with his words. Why does he have to have such a sweet tongue? My poor heartbeat can't slow down and I feel dizzy. He's moving closer and closer and closer.... Is he going to kiss me again?

But why do feel like the ground is shaking beneath me and why does his face seem a little blur? Wait, I'm actually feeling dizzy! Daniel's face looks doubled and the world around me seems completely blur. What is going on?

Before I could gather what's wrong, I felt my conciousness slipping away and I involuntarily fell on top of Daniel.

I could hear him calling my name frantically but before I could reply to him, the world around me turned black as I lost conciousness.

.
.
.

Daniel's POV

"Ariana!"

I hurriedly caught Ari's limp body that fell on me as she passed out. Her soft body in my arms was lit on fire. My hand reached out to touch her forehead and just like I thought, it was scalding hot.

I had sensed the heat earlier but I thought I was just assuming things. Damn! If only I was a little alert.

I quickly carried Ariana in my arms and headed towards my room hurriedly.

"Martha! Call the doctor this instant!" I instructed the maid who was passing by in the hallway. She looked at me and then at Ari who was still in my arms with a surprised expression.

"What are you staring at?! Go call the doctor!" I snapped not caring about my tone. She flinched visibly before nodding and scurrying away probably to call the doctor.

I spotted Ariel making her way towards me with a worried look on her face. Instead of attending her, I continued striding towards my room.

I was least bothered about anyone right now. All I cared was about Ariana who was burning with fever as she remained unconcious in my arms. My princess was sick and I didn't even realise it! I feel so worthless of myself right now.

Once in the room, I gently and carefully laid Ari on the bed. I didn't have it in me to leave her side and call for a doctor but I have to. For her sake.

Placing a kiss on her forehead, I dashed out of the room in a hurry.

"Where's the damn doctor?!" I asked the maid named Martha.

"Your high- high-ness...the-doc-tor..." the maid was stuttering so much that it was getting on my nerves. I was already panicked enough by looking at Ari's pale face and this woman was not making it easy.

"You can go, Martha. I'll inform him about the doctor." Ariel said walking towards me. The maid looked at Ariel as if she was a life saver before walking away.

"Calm down, Danny. The doctor is on his way. He'll be here in a few minutes. What happened to Ariana?" Ariel thankfully replied as she placed a hand on my shoulder.

I looked at my sister helplessly, "I don't know. We were talking and suddenly she passed out and when I checked her temperature, she was burning. I just...I should have realised it earlier. It's all my fault."

"It's not your fault, Danny. Don't worry, Ariana will be fine. It might just be a minor fever, okay? So calm down," she squeezed my shoulder asurringly.

I nodded my head before something snapped in my head. How the heck did I forget it?! I left Ari alone in our room!

"Send the doctor to check Ari the moment he's here, okay? I'll go stay with Ari. She's all alone in the room," I said in rush before walking past Ariel to my room.

"Danny, wait a minute," Ariel's voice made me halt on my steps.

I turned to look at her. What does she want? I have to get back to Ari asap...

"You love her, don't you?" Ariel asked making me freeze on the spot.

I knew very well that she was speaking about Ariana but I didn't say anything and just stared at her without a word before averting my eyes away from my sister who could say what I'm thinking about by just looking at me. Afterall, she knew me more than anyone.

"I should go back to Ariana. Ask the doctor to come to my room once he's here." With that, I turned around and quickly dashed towards my room thus running from Ariel's further interrogation.

.
.
.

Author's POV

A smile grew on Ariel's lips which turned into a huge grin as she watched her brother dodging her question and running away.

"You do love her," Ariel murmured knowing very well that her brother could hear her with such good hearing but Daniel just pretended like he didn't hear and walked ahead on his way.

Ariel chuckled lightly looking at her brother.

'It's been so long since he ran away like that,' she thought to herself.

Now she understood why Daniel had been so adamant on finding a way to keep Ariana here for longer. Her brother was in love with the woman and he most certainly didn't want to lose her.

Ariel's momentary happiness died down and her smile dropped as she recollected what would happen tomorrow. Tomorrow was the day Anthony would accept the truce in the court and tomorrow will be the day Ariana would leave.

Although, they had a plan to keep her here for some time more, it was still based on what Ariana wished for. If Ariana herself didn't want to stay here then she could not do anything.

She just hoped everything went as planned and Ariana would accept to stay here. Ariel couldn't bare to see her brother hurt again.

Kiana who just witnessed the scene between Daniel and Ariel with her own eyes clenched her jaw in anger and her fists balled tightly on her sides.

The thing she feared the most actually happened. It wasn't only Ariana who was in love with Daniel but even Daniel was in love with Ariana.

Kiana was so angry that she felt like hitting someone but instead of a person she got the wall who received the full wrath of her anger and jealousy.

She had to do something! She had to get the bitch out of the frame!

In her pent up anger, Kiana dialed a number on her phone which was picked up on the second ring.

"How have I got the pleasure to be called by the gorgeous herself late at night? Does she need company in bed? I would be glad to do so-"

Anthony's seductive voice came from the other line who was cut by a fuming Kiana, "Shut the hell up, Anthony! And listen, no matter what, you're going to take Ariana with you tomorrow by hook or by crook. You get it?!"

"Someone sounds really worked up. I wonder if I could help mend some anger down?"

"Stop freaking joking around, Anthony. You take Ariana away no matter what!"

"As you wish, gorgeous. But in return, you need to do me a favour," Anthony said her with mirth laced in his voice.

"What do you want me to do?"

.....

After a few minutes passed, Kiana had a troubled expression on her face as she registered what 'favour' Anthony had asked her.

"I can't do that! It's quite risky. If Daniel finds out, I'll be done for," Kiana replied frantically.

"Come on, gorgeous. Who better than you knows to portray it as an accident? Don't think I don't know the real reason of Duncan's accident slash murder. Besides, Forgot the other part of the deal? I take Ariana back and you do as I say in return," he reminded.

A cold sweat ran down Kiana's forehead. Did this man know about the real reason of Duncan's death? She had always made sure no one knew about it.

But then, so what if she killed her own husband and portrayed it as an accident? It still wasn't her fault. She was tired of feeling small in front of others. Although Duncan was a respectable nobleman with a lot of wealth, he still couldn't match Daniel's title which she had pushed away due to her stupidness. Once she realised her mistake, Kiana wanted nothing more than to get rid of her husband who posed as an obstacle on her path to get back with Daniel.

Kiana was about to decline Anthony's request but when she saw Daniel's worried expression as he lead the doctor to check on Ariana, she couldn't hold back her anger.

"Okay, fine! I'll do it. There's still time for that. First, you take Ariana back tomorrow anyhow."

"Done Deal!"

The moment she heard those words, she cut the call.

Just you wait and see Ariana. By the time Daniel realises his feelings for you, you'll be long gone.

.
.
.

Daniel's POV

"She caught fever due to not having food the entire day. Werewolves are very sensitive towards their diet. Although starving won't kill them but it would surely cause them to fall sick. Apart from that, she's okay. I have prescribed a few medicines and have given her an injection right now. She'll be waking up any time soon. Once she does, feed her something and then give her the medicines. She'll be fine after that," the doctor listed out after checking up on Ari.

"Is that all?" I inquired with a dangerous look on my face.

If he missed even a single detail related to Ari's health, he was done for.

The man quivered slightly under my scrutinising gaze, "Y-Yes, your highness."

"Danny," Ariel warned me to stay calm. Afterall, the doctor's here to help Ari and I shouldn't act on impulses but what should I do? I'm freaking worried about my princess. She looks so deathly pale.

"Thank you for visiting on such a short notice, doctor Sun. Come, I'll walk you out." Ariel said politely to the man with a gentle smile being the caring queen to her peasants.

Once Ariel was out with the doctor, I took the wet towel off Ari's forehead. Cami who was sitting next to Ari on the bed looked at me.

"Dan, why is Ari so hot?" Cami asked in her little voice after checking on Ari's temperature.

"That's because she didn't eat anything, Cam," I replied to her question as I gently stroked Ari's flushed cheeks.

"So, is Ari sad?" Cami continued speaking in her childish voice looking at my actions intently.

"Why do you say so?"

"You said Ari is sick because she didnt eat. So, I thought Ari is sad. Because I don't eat when I'm sad." Cami was staring at Ariana's face and then back at me with her big blue round eyes.

"Really? Then how do you become happy again?" I asked curiously looking up at the little girl.

Little Cami smiled widely showing off her teeth, "Mommy hugs and kisses me. And then, I feel happy again," she chirped, "You also give Ari hugs and kisses then she will also be happy again."

I nodded my head, "Okay."

After that, Cami left the room to have dinner. A tray of food was sent to my room for Ariana while I sat next to Ari's unconscious form staring at her beautiful face.

'Silly girl, Who said you to starve yourself?'

I thought as I stretched my hand and brushed away the hair obstructing the view of her face. Leaning down to her face, I gently placed my lips on hers.

I felt Ari stir in her sleep making me move back out of instinct. Soon after, she slowly fluttered her eyes open.

"Hey," I smiled at her.

"I actually fainted?" Ari looked at me with a confused look trying to sit up. I helped her up and placed a pillow behind her back.

"Yes and how can you not eat anything the whole day? You should take care of your health. Do you know how worried I was? I'm going to feed you food myself now," I lectured her with a stern look on my face.

A smile formed on Ari's face which turned into a wide smile as she looked at me with a funny look.

"What's so funny?" I acted strict even though my resolute was melting looking at her beautiful smile.

"You sounded like a mother hen scolding her chick. I thought it was funny," Ari chuckled before covering her mouth with her hand as she saw me narrowing my eyes.

"That's not funny. Anyways, open your mouth," I bought the spoon to her mouth after picking up the bowl from the food tray and scooping a good amount of soup in the spoon.

"I can eat by myself," she tried taking the spoon from my hand.

I gave her a hard look and said in a firm voice, "Be obedient, Ari. Open your mouth."

She looked at me and then the spoon in my hand before opening her mouth and obediently drinking the soup.

A smile tugged on my lips, "That's my girl."

Ari's eyes widened visibly and my own smile widened but I acted like I didn't just say that and continued feeding her.

Once she was done drinking the soup, I wiped her mouth with the napkin and fed her the medicine. All the while, all she did was stare at me without a word.

"Now it's time to sleep." I helped her lay down and covered her with the duvet.

"Daniel?"

"Yes, Darling."

Her cheeks turned a bright pink when I called her 'Darling' which she tried to hide but her fair skin did little to help her.

"Why are so caring towards me?" Her eyes held a kind of awareness which seemed a little strange to me.

"Isn't it obvious?" I rubbed her cheeks gently loving the feel of the soft skin on my thumb.

"But-"

"Shhh. Sleep now, Princess. You need to rest." I hushed her leaving no room for a talk.

After a while, Ari eventually fell asleep. I walked over to the other side of the bed, laid next to Ari and wound an arm around her waist pulling her closer to me before eventually falling asleep myself engulfed by her sweet lilac scent.

In the morning, the first thing I saw was my wife's beautiful face bringing a bright smile on my face.

How I love to wake up with her face in the morning.

"Good Morning, Princess." I chirped happily with a wide smile the moment Ari opened her eyelids letting me see those beautiful turquoise eyes of hers.

"Good Morning," she said simultaneously with a smile of her own.

My arms were basically still wrapped around her but she didn't seem to mind it. Slight improvement there.

Just when I was about to lean in to peck her lips, there was a knock on the door followed by the maid's voice,

"Alpha Anthony is here, your highness."

I felt Ari stiffen beside me and so did I. Just when Ari and I were making improvements, the wrecked Alpha just had to ruin it.

I just hope everything goes as planned and Ari agrees to stay here.

_________

How's the chapter?

What favour do you think Anthony asked from Kiana?

And is there any comic lover here? Tell me about your favourite comic.

Next chapter will be hopefully updated on Sunday or Monday (whenever I finish writing)

Hope you liked the chapter ^_^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32K 755 51
Book One in the Mafia's Flower series THIS IS A DARK ROMANCE MEANT FOR MATURE AUDIENCES TRIGGERS ARE LISTED ON THE FIRST PAGE As the daughter of a Do...
179K 11.1K 36
Alera lost her mother early in life and was raised by a strict king for a father and the many nursemaids who crossed themselves before touching her...
19.3K 953 32
Book 6 -: Royal Monsters Series ─━━━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━━━─ Born as a Mafia Princess, raised by a hard-hearted brother , I've never seen happiness for real...
12.8K 458 71
Grace Andris, a gorgeous girl, but a mere villager. What will happen to her as she's gifted as a mistress to Prince Daniel Maguire, the only, kind he...