A Jerk named Haruto | Hajeong...

By itsbaejinjja

T R E A S U R E Watanabe Haruto - Park Jeongwoo wherein Park Jeongwoo is a son of a maid working for the "... More

Introduction
[1] The "Kangs"
[2] Monarchical Table
[3] Hungry Kangs
[4] Busan
[5] Iksan
Changes
[6] First Day
New mashikyu au
[7] A little unwell
[8] Equivalent exchange
[9] Rules
[10] Unofficially official
[11] Slave n' Master
[12] Play Dumb
[13] The bitchy code
[14] Chasing Pavements
✾ Special Chapter [Mashikyu]
✾ Special Chapter [Typical Kangs]
[15] Connected Locks
[16] Your lips on mine
[17] Salt n' Sugar
[18] Comfort Zone
[19] Dauntless
[20] Stars over us
[21] Couples of Troubles
[22] Couples of Troubles 2
[23] Rainy Cuddles
[24] The Absence of his Presence
[25] Untold phrase
[26] Lie to me
[27] Way back home
[28] Cold boundaries
[29] Warmly Cold
✾ Special Chapter
[30] Marry me?
[31] Venture
[32] Dumb and Dumber
[33] Boundless
[35] Hidden
[36] Tables turned
[37] Unwrapping the secrets
[38] Reasons why
[39] Home
[40] Sacrifice
Epilogue

[34] If I stay

4K 269 195
By itsbaejinjja

                          ➷ Third Person

The classy ambiance and calming instrumental music welcomed the two males as they went inside the sophisticated venue. Bunch of unfamiliar faces made the sun-kissed Korean nervous, everyone looks extravagant and reserved. Contrary to the calming music, his heart beats faster and louder.

A dazzling chandelier dangling in the middle of the venue. From table clothing and interior, everything is covered with black and white— making it look more elegant. Even the catered food are not familiar to Jeongwoo. Everything feels foreign but he tried to ignore it, encouraging himself that it's okay as long as he's with Haruto.

"Mom." The tall Japanese muttered, nonchalant.

The aforementioned woman smiled. Gracefully nodding towards his son while sending light glares to the Korean. "I told you to escort Akiyah, didn't i?"

"I don't want to." Haruto answered blankly. Kang Ah Ria forced out a smile, feeling irritated and impatient.

"Suit yourself, let's see how everything will work later."

With that, the woman left. Haruto gave an assuring smile to Jeongwoo while they tried to find his cousins who arrived earlier than them. Jeongwoo only smiled as he watch Haruto greet back some guest who obviously looks like business inclined people.

Slowly realizing that they really belong to two different worlds but Haruto is enough for him. He knows he's making the right choice by choosing to be with Haruto. The older has always been enough for Jeongwoo and he hope the older thinks and feels the same.

Jeongwoo's lips curve into a smile upon the sight of Ong Seongwu waving at him. He greeted the older back by bowing politely towards his direction. Ignoring the grinning female Japanese behind.

"Woo, can you wait for me here? Uncle Daniel is calling me. I'll be quick."

With a small nod, Jeongwoo smiled. "Go ahead, i'll be right here."

His eyes explore the beauty of the venue. Inhaling the cold breeze of the air conditioner while his hands clasped together to ease the coldness. Munching his lips in slight nervousness, only if he can bring Yeongue with him then maybe he won't feel too nervous.

Even the servers looks decent. One of the waiters bowed to him and placed a drink in front of him- probably some cocktail drink. Jeongwoo gently lift up the glass and inhaled the strong scent of the drink.

"It's a vodka." He whispered to himself. As if he has a choice, Jeongwoo hold his breath and take a sip of the strong beverage.

The effect immediately kicks on his throat and stomach. Too hot. He flinch a little when a familiar figure greeted him with a wide smile.

"Long time no see Jeongwoo hyung." The mahogany haired guy greeted. Jeongwoo greeted him back, examining the younger's features. He looks completely different, more formal and matured.

"Why are you here?" Jeongwoo blurted out. Junghwan stared at him for a second before realizing what he just said.

With an awkward smile, Jeongwoo waved his hand and scratch his nape. "I mean, its a victory party of the Kangs. I wonder what brings you here?"

"Oh, actually—"

"Junghwan! I've been looking for you." A certain female Japanese interrupted their conversation. Jeongwoo shifted his gaze from Junghwan to Akiyah, his eyes full of confusion.

"Y-you know each other?" muttered the confused Jeongwoo. Akiyah grinned.

"Well...."

Even before Akiyah could continue her words, Junghwan bowed to him and drag the female Japanese along.

What on earth is going on? They know each other? Then it means—

"Sorry for taking so long." Haruto stated, the sun-kissed Korean smiled and set aside his thoughts.

Kang Daniel who went up to the mini stage established, together with his fiancè, drawing the attention of everyone. The event is about to start.

Everyone set their eyes on him. "I would like to start this wonderful night by greeting everyone a pleasant evening." the man started off.

Daniel's speech goes on but Jeongwoo is occupied by his own thoughts. Akiyah and Junghwan knowing each other is like an unsolved mystery to Jeongwoo. Bunch of 'how' and 'when' questions keep running on his mind.

Wondering how come he didn't know and how come no one has ever told him about it. Jeongwoo's thoughts are interrupted because of the media who came inside the venue, completely startling some of the visitors. But Daniel looks more startled as if he was not expecting a media inside the event.

"I didn't know they invited some media." Jeongwoo heard the tall Japanese beside him whispered. The Korean feels a negative vibe but he choose to ignore it and focus on Daniel's speech.

After the delivered speech, everyone continued having fun and socializing with one another. Jeongwoo felt lost, all the business and foreign terms is making him dizzy. At some point he's regretting his decision of coming to the party. Too late for regrets. He thought.

"Why are you here alone?" Yedam who came out all of a sudden, ask.

Jeongwoo only smiled as an answer.

Haruto excused himself to discuss some matters. with Seongwu and Akiyah regarding the business merging.

"I see, but you don't look okay. Is it uncomfortable?" Ask the foxy eyed Korean and Jeongwoo nod as an answer. "Yeah."

Yedam chuckled as he leaned back on his seat. Nodding as if he can empathize Jeongwoo's feelings. "He's too mean to leave you alone. I'll stay with you for awhile."

"No, its alright hyung. I'm okay."

The foxy eyed stare at him for a second before standing up and shifting his gaze to Kim Doyoung, standing near the entrance. "If you insist. I'll go ahead then, please enjoy the night."

Jeongwoo smiled and bowed politely to the older. His arms folding on top of the table as he rest his chin on his palm.

Suddenly, a representative of the company from Transylvania went in front and give his speech of gratitude to the Kangs. Even members of the Kang family gave their short speech to welcome and thank everyone. The formal merging will be after all the fun and refreshment.

He's left with nothing to do but play with his fingers under the table as he entertain himself by looking around like a lost puppy. "Emo hours huh?"

"Mashi hyung!" Jeongwoo exclaimed in enthusiasm. The older ruffles his hair and took the seat next to him.

"Where's haruto?"

"He's in a short discussion with Seongwu-hyung and Akiyah."

"I see. Do you wanna dance? The upbeat song would be such a waste if you'll just sit here like an emo kid."

"Hyung you know i don't dance."

"Oh come on, Jeongwoo. Let's go. No complains!"

With that, the Japanese male drag him into the dancefloor. Provoking him to dance by showing some silly and overly aggressive dance.

Jeongwoo scratch his nape in embarrassment but when the older playfully glared at him, he was left with no choice but to obey and imitate what the older did. "There you go. You kinda got the moves, woo."

"Y-yeah i guess so."

Thanks to the older, he felt a little lighter and he loosened up a bit. Forgetting his insecurities and worries for awhile.

As they're enjoying the moment, the mood suddenly change because the music shifted from an exciting one to a slow instrumental music. "Aww, why do they have to change the music when we are already enjoying it. I should go now, woo. I'm going to look for Junkyu and beat his ass out for leaving me alone."

Jeongwoo chuckled with the older's statement. "Alright hyung. Thank you and see you around!"

"Don't mention it. Yeah, I'll be around when you need me. See you."

He smiled genuinely and wave his hand as he watch the older walk into the crowd to look for his fiancé. When he is about to go back to his seat, he felt a strong hand grab his waist.

Jeongwoo was ready to fight and complain but immediately halt when he saw the tall Japanese smiling fondly at him. "Shall we dance?"

With a faint blush of crimson red on his cheeks, Jeongwoo nodded slowly. Haruto gently drag him in the middle and pulled his body closer to his.

The feeling of extreme happiness on his chest is too much for him to handle. They took their time quietly admiring and staring at each other as they dance slowly. Haruto pulled him into a hug, resting his chin over Jeongwoo's crown— ignoring a few glances and judging stares from the visitors and media personnel.

"Hey."

"Hmm?"

"You know—"

The music suddenly stop and disco lights was temporarily turned off. Haruto narrowed his eyes upon his mom who's currently making her way towards the stage. Jeongwoo tilt his head in confusion but the taller just gave his hand a light squeeze as if saying that he too, doesn't know what's going on.

"Seems like everybody is enjoying the night and having too much fun. I think this is the perfect opportunity to announce the most important matter tonight."

Haruto sighed deeply, he's really nervous about the merging and quietly praying that everything goes smoothly. And the latter seemed to notice how nervous he is. Jeongwoo nudge his side a little and gave him a reassuring smile.

His smile is really contagious. Haruto thought.

"These past few weeks everyone in our family has been very busy, especially those who put their hands on the merging. Tonight, we would like to share a couple of news to everybody as we consider each one of you as part of our lives. This is not only to confirm the successful merging......"

A round of applause echoed inside the venue, along with whisper and cheers of congratulations and compliments.

Jeongwoo immediately pulled Haruto into a warm and tight hug. "You made it. I'm so proud of you, haru. You did well." he whispered softly.

The older sighed in relief and return the hug with the same intensity. Haruto was really nervous about it, he knows that tonight's event is a victory party but he's still nervous about it for a few days and even earlier when they arrived at the venue. He needed those words to confirm that all is well.

"......thank you, thank you. As i was saying, this is not only to confirm the successful merging but also to announce something that will surely make our night even more wonderful."

Haruto look around and saw Yoonbin mouthed a question. Asking if there's more announcement that should be made. He shrugged his shoulders in confusion. He has no idea at all.

"Tonight is the special night for my son Haruto...." his mother started with a big smile plastered on her face.

"Huh? F-for me?" Haruto whispered. All eyes is on him, even the cameras is directed to him. Jeongwoo squeeze his hand a little harder. A mix of confusion and fear creeping on his chest.

"Right, son?" Ah Ria confirms but when she failed to get an answer from the confused Japanese she naturally shove it away with a laugh.

Haruto was startled when Yoshinori placed a hand above his shoulder. "I don't feel good about this. Don't you think we should stop her?" the older stated that made haruto even more puzzled.

"Because tonight is—"

"Noona please. If this is what im thinking, just stop—"

The audience is confused as well, watching the male Kang interrupt his sister's speech in front of everyone. Ah Ria lightly glared at Daniel from the side. Gently shoving his hand away from trying to steal the mic.

"....Haruto and Akiyah's night. Their long-awaited engagement party."

Everyone inside the venue is astounded by the sudden announcement. Gasp and circle of whisper became even more louder. What makes the audience confused is the man standing beside the tall Japanese.

Haruto saw the change of Jeongwoo's expression as the cameras are focused on him. He immediately let go of his hands with an intention of protecting Jeongwoo from the crowd and judging eyes of the press. But the latter's eyes tells him otherwise, that made him realize how fcked up the situation is.

In split seconds, the gasp and whisper turned into a big hand of applause. Yoshinori from the side, shake his head and ruffle his hair in frustration.

"May we request for my son Haruto to please come up here and join his lovely fiancé on stage."

Haruto never wanted to follow his mother's command but he found himself walking towards the stage and standing beside Akiyah who's just as confused as him.

The audience cheered for them. Throwing compliments on how they look good together and how the merging of two families would be an advantage to both side.

"It has been a long discussion between the Kangs and the Matsunagas. We are proud and delighted to announce that soon enough our family will be extended."

Akiyah's father happily agreed to what the woman said and took the microphone— Expressing his speech of gratitude towards the Kang family. He talk about a few more things that made the audience who's obviously not aware of the real deal, show enthusiasm towards the two.

"Look haru, i know you don't trust me but i swear i don't know anything about this—"

Akiyah tried to explain by whispering as quiet as possible but the Japanese immediately cut her off. "I know. I know. Let's just talk about this later."

All of their attention is caught when someone from the audience shouted,"Maybe they can seal the engagement with a kiss!" 

Everyone, aside from the Kangs, seems to agree on what the man said. They started cheering and tapping the side of the spoon against the wine glass. As if signaling the two to do the act.

With one last glance, Haruto gave his full attention to Jeongwoo. His eyes never leave the latter. Trying to read every emotion evident on his eyes. And for a second, he regrets ignoring the pain that clearly reflected.

"Haruto we—"

And he leaned down close to the female Japanese, pulling her by the waist as their lips collided.

Jeongwoo knew for sure that something shattered inside him.

Mashiho gently grab his wrist but the he politely pull it back and gave the older a weary smile. "Hyung thank you so much for tonight but i have to go."

"Jeongw—"

"Please, I really have to go."

Because i don't think there's still something left for me if i choose stay.

❑❐❏❑❐❏❑❐❏❑❐❏❑❐❏❑❐❏❑❐❏

Note : And im baaaaaack! Finally! I'm not sure if there's anyone who's still reading this one even after my long hiatus from writing. But yeah, i decided to continue and end this one hopefully this summer. Also, Despite the whole Covid19 situation. I'm hoping and praying that everyone is doing fine. Stay safe everyone and i love y'all! 💘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80K 4.1K 21
Haruto just loved being alone. He was happiest when there was no one to annoy him. Being a eldest heir of Watanabe family he enjoyed all the luxury o...
20.8K 1.4K 54
SYPNOSIS: Park Jeongwoo, a hopeless and mentally unstable young man who was trying to explore the things he likes as well as the things that would br...
59.3K 2.5K 18
Y/N was a fake nerd at school but decided to change her personality and her looks to her past self back just because.. "Why are you so cold? Now i un...
11.2K 612 16
"we're bro's but you seriously need to pay the rent." "who tf?" fanfic where jeongwoo accidentally texted the wrong number. 【#TREASURE ; 하루토 & 박정우】  ...