Along Came Nya (Ninjago fanfi...

By lightningearth

Jay Gordon is the son of Ninjago's most famous movie star. His life is going nowhere until he meets Nya Smith... More

Chapter One - 18
Chapter Two - I remember you
Chapter Three - Promises
Chapter Four - Our project
Chapter Five - Not so bad
Chapter Six - Newbies
Chapter Seven - More than friends?
Chapter Eight - Work out your feelings
Chapter Ten - Want to kiss ya
Chapter Eleven - Warm Goodbyes
Chapter Twelve - Hilda Returns
Chapter Thirteen - Ex-man of the house
Chapter Fourteen - Broken Hearts
Chapter Fifteen - The truth hurts
Chapter Sixteen - New Roommate
Chapter Seventeen - Back to normal

Chapter Nine - I'll call you

1.5K 52 39
By lightningearth

"On the way to work, Cliff Gordon got into a major car crash alongside a newly wedded couple. All three are in Hospital heir wounds are being treated there. No news as to what exactly happened just yet but we'll keep you informed." The news reporter explained.

Jay sighed. "No wonder he wasn't calling me like he had promised."

"Well that explains it then, doesn't it?" Lloyd suggested.

Jay nodded.

"Why are we still here?! Why aren't we at the hospital?!" Cole exclaimed.

"Because they won't let us see him. If I tell them I'm his son, they wouldn't believe me. They'd think I'm some crazy super fan." Jay replied.

"True..." Cole frowned.

"So do we just sit here doing nothing and hope for the best or--?" Zane wondered.

"No we can't do that." Jay said.

"Then what do we do?" Lloyd asked.

Jay huffed and grabbed the house keys off of the coffee table. "Come on, let's go." 

"Where?" Cole questioned.

"The hospital." Jay told him and left the room. 

"I thought you said they wouldn't let us in." Cole frowned.

"I changed my mind." Jay called out to them. "Now come quickly, we don't have all day."

Lloyd, Zane and Cole followed Jay outside of the house. They wandered half way down the path but Jay stopped, dead. He turned around and pointed at Cole.

"You three go to the hospital and make sure my dad is okay. I'll get there as soon as I can." Jay told them and then started walking again.

"Where are you going?!" Cole exclaimed.

"I have something important to do." Jay shouted back as he sprinted out of the gate and down the road.

Cole rolled his eyes and turned to the boys beside him. "Let's go."

Lloyd, Zane and Cole arrived at Ninjago Hospital within 20 minutes and wandered up to the receptionist at the main desk.

"How may I help you young boys today on this lovely warm evening?" She asked with a smile.

"Cliff Gordon." Cole stated, placing his hands on the desk.

"I'm sorry, what?" She frowned in confusement.

"Is he here?" Cole asked.

The woman looked down at her computer and typed something in using her computer.

"Yes, why?" She wondered.

"Could you possibly tell us what room he is in? We want to visit him, you know, to see if he's okay." Lloyd took over.

The woman laughed. "I'm sorry, I can't let you do that. Cliff is a very famous man and I'm sure if he wanted to meet some of his fans, he'd do so when he gets home. I hope you have a lovely rest of your day." 

"No, you don't get it! We're friends with his son, Jay Gordon." Cole added.

"You're friends with Jay Gordon?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I'm his best friend!" Cole exclaimed.

"Do you have proof?" She asked.

"Yes! I have pictures of us on my phone." Cole reached in his pocket and frowned. He then checked all his other pockets and sighed.

"You left it at Jay's house, didn't you?" Lloyd wondered. Cole nodded.

"I'm sorry but without proof, you can't see Cliff." She told him.

Cole looked the woman in the eye and sighed. "Are you a doctor?"

She thought for a minute. "Well no."

"And have you seen Cliff?" Cole wondered.

"Yes." 

"Are you friends with him?" He asked.

"No."

"Are you friends with his son?" 

"No."

"Then without proof, you can't see him either." Cole told her with a smirk.

"Sir, I don't think you understand what I do here." She sighed. "My job is to help the patients."

"But you're a receptionist, you don't need to help the patients. That's the doctor's job." Cole crossed his arms.

"Unless you have any other need to be here, sir, I think it would be best for you to leave." She huffed.

"Oh you have no idea who you are messing with." Cole snapped.

Lloyd grabbed Cole's arm. "It isn't worth it, Cole, let's go."

"I hope you have an absolutely fantastic day you son of a--" Cole began harshly.

"Now is not the time for that, Cole!" Zane shouted as the two boys dragged him out.

Cole glared at the receptionist as he was being taken away by his friends. 

"I'll be back. And I will prove you wrong. I will see Cliff Gordon, just you wait." He threatened.

The woman nodded. "Have a lovely rest of your day, sir." 

The three boys exited the building and sat on a bench outside. Cole tried to calm down.

"She has no idea what she is talking about. She shouldn't even be a receptionist if she can't do her job properly." He snarled.

"Calm down, she was just trying to do her job, okay? If she let anyone in to see Cliff, something back could happen to him, like a stalker or something. She's trying to protect him because he is so famous. Now try showing her a little respect." Lloyd told him.

"Sorry Mr Bossy." Cole joked.

"Let's just hope that Jay is getting on better than we are." Zane stated.

He knew he shouldn't be doing this but he had to talk to her whether she wanted him to or not. He couldn't keep his feelings locked away anymore. And to him, it didn't matter if she liked him back or if she hated him or not. He had to get those feelings out and maybe it would help him feel better somehow. He was expecting her to reject him, obviously, but it was his mission to tell her how he felt even if he had to tackle her to the ground. 

As he approached the Blacksmith's Shop, the nerves began to kick in. He was never this nervous at school that day. It had only been a few hours since he had seen her but since she walked away before he could tell her, he felt like now would be a good time... maybe.

Plus, he knew that the shop wouldn't be busy. 

He took a deep breath and headed into the shop. Nya was at the counter counting money from the tip jar. They had a lot more than he imagined. She didn't notice him walk in but she did however know there was a customer in the shop. 

"Hi, welcome to Four Weapons. I hope you are having a great day so far. I'm Nya and I will be serving you toda--" She looked up and spotted Jay.

"Nice place you have here. I'm surprised you haven't had any customers." Jay peered around at his surroundings then looked back at Nya with a friendly smile.

"I told you not to come here." She snarled as she put the coins back in the jar.

"And you thought I was going to listen to you?" Jay raised an eyebrow.

"Well, yes." She sighed.

It was silent for a few minutes.

"You haven't kicked me out yet, though." Jay smirked.

"Get out." She glared.

"What?!" Jay exclaimed. "Come on, I haven't even been here five minutes. You haven't given me chance to buy anything!"

"We both know that isn't why you are here." She folded her arms.

Jay sighed. "Look, I came to see if you wanted help, okay? I know how stressful it must be to run a shop all by yourself and I--" 

"One, I'm not doing it by myself. Skylor is helping me. And two, have you ever worked in a shop before?" Nya asked.

"No..." 

"Then how do you know if it's stressful? I bet you've never even had to do chores let alone have a proper job." Nya rolled her eyes.

"I was hoping that maybe you'd wanna help me out with that? Could you possibly get me a job here?" Jay wondered.

"Get you a job here?!" She laughed. "Not gonna happen."

"Why not?" Jay frowned.

"I'm not having you work here. I know what you are up to, Jay, and I'm not falling for it." She told him.

"Okay, then what am I up to?" He raised an eyebrow.

"You're trying to get more recognition at school so you can become more popular. That's what all the guys want and I ain't falling for it." She explained.

"That's a lie. Come on, why won't you really give me a job?" Jay teased.

"Because you're family has it all. Money, happiness, food, clothes. My family don't have that. We barely have enough for my education." She snapped.

"My family isn't all cupcakes and rainbows either, Nya." Jay argued. "I never get to see my dad. I'm pretty home alone all the time and I never knew who my mother was. My father refuses to tell me who she is. Yes, we may have money but that doesn't make us happy. Not even the slightest."

Nya was left speechless.

"The only thing I know about my mother is that she was just like me. That's all anyone has ever told me. My father may be a famous movie star but that doesn't mean I get everything that I want. It doesn't mean that at all. And no thanks to a long journey to his dream job, he got into a car crash and is now in the hospital. And I'm here, trying to fix a friendship when I could be at the hospital with my father instead. Plus, I have no idea if he is okay. What if I lose him too? What will happen to me then?"

"I'm sorry, I had no idea." Nya said softly.

"At least you have a brother, someone who is always there to take care of you, and a job to earn your own money. I have nothing but a big house, a few friends and a famous father who I don't get to spend time with because he's always busy." Jay snapped. "But a job wasn't the real reason I came here."

"Why did you come here then?" Nya frowned.

"I came to see if you were okay after earlier. You seemed upset so I just wanted to see what was wrong. Plus, I wanted to tell you something but I guess it doesn't matter anymore. You aren't the person I thought you were." Jay replied and stormed out of the shop.

"Jay." She called out.

"I'll see you around, Nya." He shouted back.

Nya sighed and rested her head on the counter. Skylor came running down the stairs, panicked.

"Who was that?" Skylor wondered.

Nya raised her head. "Jay."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 51 12
The Ninja hurriedly search for Master Wu as Lloyd tries his best to sort out his feelings for Nya. Can the team survive as the Sons of Garmadon arise...
21.7K 516 11
Lloyd has never really had a full positive day at school. He would get bullied for many thing such as being the son of Lord Garmadon. The destroyer o...
11.3K 523 15
It's a tale as old as... well, before time had a name! Nya is tired of her provincial life, working day and night as a blacksmith alongside her brot...
24.2K 874 26
{Book 5 of the "I Never Knew" AU} {Completed! :D } "𝐖𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐬 𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡 𝐢𝐧..." What does it mean to fall in love? H...