Edogon

By LadyDestinysTragedy

Dune Quinn was brought to the future because of a prophecy that claimed he would be the one that would finall... More

Edogon Ch.1
Edogon Ch.2
Edogon Ch.3
Edogon Ch.4
Edogon Ch.5
Edogon Ch.6
Edogon Ch.8
Edogon Ch.9
Edogon Ch.10
Edogon Ch.11
Edogon Ch.12
Edogon Ch.13
Edogon Ch.14
Edogon Ch.15
Edogon Ch.16
Edogon Ch.17
Edogon Ch.18
Edogon Ch.19
Edogon Ch.20
Edogon Ch.21

Edogon Ch.7

88 2 0
By LadyDestinysTragedy

Just Wondering, Do We Have Any Stark Fans Out There? They Poor Bloke Is Only Liked By My Friend Yundi!

========================================================

Chapter Seven: Games

Avery Nickels Reporting for Duty

I couldn’t believe the words that came out of my mouth and right in front of Dune Quinn too. A few days ago I would have never believed that Stark Welt would ever ask me out because we were on separate ends of the love spectrum, we were at the bottom and now all thanks to Herelsia we had figured out that both of us truly liked each other and we were going out. Should it be a blessing or a disaster, only time could tell.

But I couldn’t help but notice how Stark after hearing my answer immdetly turned his attention onto Dune and gave him this smile like had won some game and had the right to brag and claim victory. This worried me; my practical side told me I should run away while I still could without getting hurt by my side that was in love with Stark told me it was nothing but a guy thing. Dune smiled back at Stark though, his eyes claiming that the game was on. My heart felt like it was pounding at a million beats per second, why on earth did I ever have to meet Dune Quinn?

“Come Avery let’s head back to the dorms for the night.” Stark said, grabbing my arm and helping me out of my chair, not that I needed any help. Stark picked up my tray for me and carried it for me to the disposal and the disposed of it for me and then came back to take me by the hand and led me off to the new recruits dorm area.

I followed silently beside Stark through the long corridors and up the stairs to the dorms; I was well aware of his hand on mine but couldn’t find any words to speak simply because I was a bit confused. So instead of wasting time trying to think of things to say I looked at the detailing of the ship and the people who passed by me as well as anything else that could take my mind off of Stark and Dune’s smiles that had spoke so many unsaid words. I knew I shouldn’t worry about it because Dune had probably provoked Stark but it still bugged me. Was it right to say that the man I had once pretended to hate but actually loved confused me, and the man who disgusted also confused me? Wouldn’t it make more sense if I somewhat understood the man I loved and the one I despised confused me? That made more sense to me, so why did they both confuse me?

But I stopped thinking when I remembered, I was Stark’s girlfriend. I was the girlfriend of the man I loved and had once thought would never accept me because I had once thought he hated me. Herelsia was to thank for that. Without her we probably would have continued for the rest of our lives pretending to hate each other until it was too late and we were with other people that we truly didn’t love, regretting that we had never said anything to each other about our love. That also got me thinking, was there other people out there with special powers that we didn’t know about, if so where did they hide, or did they even hide? And if they did hide, why didn’t Herelsia hide too? Why would she have revealed herself and her powers to people who would probably take them and use them against her or claim she was a witch? Wasn’t she worried at all—

“Here we are your dorm.” Stark suddenly said, drawing me out of my thought process. I looked in front of me to see my door there. Well at least this uncomfortable silence could end now and I could spend the night thinking about how I would talk to Stark tomorrow when we had weapons association together. Ugh which reminded me; I had hand to hand combat with Dune.

“Yeah, well I guess goodnight.” I said, about to press my thumb into the pad, but Stark took my hand and pressed me up against the door.

“Aren’t you forgetting something?” Stark asked sounding somewhat breathy; it kinda turned me on to be honest. I smiled up at Stark, so he was the type to kiss on the first day of dating; well he liked to move fast.

“Honestly Stark we just started dating, not to mention we only found out our true feelings today, don’t you think this is going a little fast?” I asked while trying to wriggle my way out of his hold, but Stark wouldn’t let me move. I didn’t know if I should be turned on by his wanting to kiss me or scared.

“Come on Avery, we’ve liked each other for a very long time haven’t we? So what’s wrong with kissing, we’ve been waiting to connect like this for some time.” Stark whispered. Was it wrong that I found his words so incredibly right?

“Okay,” I breathed, wondering how his lips would feel against mine. Stark as quick as a snake moved in to kiss me and I could tell I hadn’t been his first as he gently urged me to open my lips with the tip of his tongue. Obeying I did so and let Stark slip his tongue into my mouth and roll around with mine as my mind went completely blank. To be honest this was the first time ever that I had French kissed. The only kissing I had done before was just a deep kiss on the lips with no tongue action what so ever. Who knew tongue could be so great?

I could stand here pressed up against the door all night in Stark’s hold but sadly I knew I had to go because tomorrow I had to get up really early for my first official day at work with the military.

“Stark we have to get up early tomorrow.” I muttered as Stark moved down my jaw line to my neck. Stark didn’t stop at all as he gently kissed my neck. Great he better not form a hickie there. I so wasn’t going to be in the mood to cover up hickies with make up in the morning.

“Relax Avery.” Stark muttered, I pushed on his shoulders.

“Come on Stark I’m tired we can continue this tomorrow.” I said, Stark sighed and finally pulled away.

“Alright then tomorrow we shall, night my sweet.” Stark whispered as he brushed away my bangs that went to the right side of my head so he could kiss my forehead. What had I done to deserve such a sweet man? I watched as Stark walked down a few doors until he was in the boy’s area and waved goodnight to me before disappearing into his room. Biting my lip I pressed my thumb into the pad and entered my own room for the night.

~

“Hey you lazy ass wake up. I have to get to the medical ward and you’re needed outside to get aquatinted with where all the weapons are.” What sounded like Herelsia was yelling into my ear. Annoyed I turned onto my side and shooed them away. “Damn you...” I knew for sure it was Herelsia then because she grabbed my ear, pinching it with her nails and I could feel her breath on my ear. “Look I know you’re tired from you’re little: Oh I could stay in Stark’s arms all night, but alas I have to wake up tomorrow. Thing but WAKE THE FUCK UP!” That caught my attention, springing out of the bed I stared wide eyed at Herelsia.

“How much exactly did you hear from my mind last night?” I asked. Herelsia snorted and crossed her arms across her dark red combat suit covered chest.

“I heard much more than I would have liked to hear let’s just say that. Man you two are so disgusting all lovey and dovey and shit. No wonder why Dune wanted to throw up yesterday when you guys started holding hands.” Herelsia said as she walked back over to her side of the room and picked up a bag. Wait Dune had wanted to puke after we started holding hands? Were we really that lovey dovey? I didn’t think so... “Oh please.” Herelsia muttered. God I should really remember that she could read minds and think some place where she isn’t around. “I can hear you!”

“Right, sorry Herelsia!” I cried as I flipped off my covers and pushed the button that raised my bed out of the ground before getting out of my bed. Instead of going up and into the ceiling like we did at the academy, we went underground here which I found way better since the ground was colder and I tended to get too hot at the academy at night.

Herelsia muttered some more words to herself, very much sounding like swears as I undressed from my nightwear and into my combat suit. After I was dressed I headed off to our bathroom to do my hair up into a pony tail and brush my teeth, I brushed them extra good and even brushed my tongue until everything tasted minty. When all that was done I headed back out to our room and grabbed my laser gun along with my blue ray gun sitting on the counter and strapped them in onto my suit. A good military officer was always prepared.

“Alright let’s head out for the morning.” I said while opening the door, Herelsia grunted in response and stepped out the door as soon as it opened, I went to follow her out but crashed into someone instead.

“Oh sorry ‘bout that didn’t know you were coming out next.” Stark said as he grabbed a hold of my arms to stop me from falling over.

“No that’s okay.” I said while finally getting a hold of my balance I looked up at Stark to see his eyes sparkling. He was so cute! Oh sorry, I meant to say hot.

“I just came to pick you up since you know; we work in same department first thing in the morning.” Stark explained as I stepped out of my room and watched the door close automatically behind me.

“Yeah I get it and thanks, this ship is so big I might get lost and it’d be better to get lost with someone rather than being lost alone.” I said. Stark laughed and grabbed a hold of my hand and started leading me away from the dorms.

“Don’t worry I know the way around the Edogon so I’ll get us there without getting lost.” I smiled such a smart and caring boyfriend. I really didn’t deserve him.

~

“Glad to see you guys made it, now we can get you started with where the weapons are and what every single one does.” The lady before us with black hair and a cross of black and white skin told us as she walked around the main control room which is also where the captain worked just behind us in his chair watching over everyone and outside as he made sure no one was attacking us.

“Um excuse me but I don’t believe we meet you yesterday at the meeting.” I told the lady. She turned around to face me and smiled.

“Ah that’s right I was too busy to head down to the Swot room to introduce myself. I am Sylina Vocon weapons master. Be glad you got onto the weapons dock, because this room right here with the technology people, trackers, first officer and captain is where all the fun goes down when an attack happens.” Sylina told us as she sat down at one of the chairs placed before a hologram computer that had all these controls on the screen. I wanted to squeal with excitement at the fact that I was in the room where all the action went down, well I should have expected that with the word weapons as one of my positions because the weapons was what was needed when under attack. Sitting down beside Sylina and Stark sitting down beside me I looked around the room. Sadly Dune was on the technical staff making him in the same room with me, which sucked because I didn’t want to see his face as much as I already did.

“Meteor.” Captain Kurt suddenly yelled, Sylina looked at me and then motioned for me to watch, she pressed a button on the hologram computer and a laser shot out from the ship and hit the meteor, creating it to explode.

“Why’d we have to shot the meteor?” I asked, meteors rarely did damage to our ships these days since they were made out of such tough material.

“Captain Kurt doesn’t want to take a chance with anything. He’s a very cautious man but a very good captain. We haven’t lost a fight yet with him instructing us.” Sylina explained as she pressed another button that read: put laser gun away.

“I see.” I said, Sylina smiled and flicked showed me some more buttons, explaining thoroughly what everyone of them did and made me take notes so if I ever forgot I could quickly look at the notes and remember what I needed to know. Stark pretty much already knew all the controls, as he had told me earlier he was already aquatinted with this ship. So he just left everything to be taught to me and went off to talk to the monitor people.

“He seems like a nice young man.” Sylina said as I wrote down another instruction, I looked up to stare at Stark.

“Mm he is.” I said. Sylina smirked.

“Too bad I’m five years older than him, or I’d go after him.” Sylina said. I almost whacked her over the head but instead I stuck to verbal retort.

“He’s my boyfriend.” I told Sylina, she turned to look at me and her smirk dissolved.

“Sorry I didn’t know. Well you can know he’s safe and I’ll even tell the other girls to keep their paws off of him.” Sylina said, I laughed at her comment and finished off writing the last of my instructions.

“Thanks but I don’t think that’ll be needed Stark’s a loyal man.”

~

Dread. The part I dreaded of my day of that would come for the rest of my life had come. The time had come where I left Stark and headed off to work with Dune. Again I found myself asking, why couldn’t Stark have replaced Dune as the second hand to hand combat officer? Sighing I gave Stark a hug and he kissed my forehead.

“I’ll see you again when super time comes around.” Stark told me, gently caressing my cheek with his thumb. Holding his hand on my face with my own I closed my eyes.

“Okay I’ll see you then.” I whispered. Yup that was right, I had spent all morning until breakfast time with Stark and now I would spend the rest of my morning, afternoon and then some of my evening with Dune. Stupid damn time tables. I wouldn’t even be able to eat lunch with Stark because he would be needed where he was, and besides the mechanics area had a built in cafeteria since they were always too busy to come up to the Gorge room to get their food.

“Hey Dune make sure she gets there safe okay, I’m counting on you.” Stark said, my heart froze, no I could get there by myself. Stark why did you have to say that? Dune will you please say no, no!

“Sure thing Stark.” Dune said as he came up behind me and grabbed me by the forearm. “Come on Avery, before we’re late for work. I heard Turner Craft despite how hot he is and how all the ladies have a thing for him just like they do with the doctor, Turner cannot stand people who are late for work.” Dune told me as he pulled me away from Stark. Curses you had to open that gorgeous mouth of yours and say that didn’t you Stark. Watching as Stark waved goodbye to me and slowly disappeared when we turned a corner I finally made Dune let go of me. If he hadn’t disgusted me with his whole entire player skills I could like Dune as a friend.

“Please refrain from touching me.” I said while dusting off the spot that Dune had touched ick player germs. I saw Dune laugh out of the corner of my eye.

“Come on Avery you don’t have to be so immature about me touching you.” Dune scoffed. I stuck my tongue out at him and sped up my pace so I could be walking ahead of him.

“Just keep your distance from me and I’ll be fine.” I said. I hear Dune laugh again but he said nothing further on the subject. And I was glad for that because I didn’t want to hear his voice until I needed to hear it. Dune just disgusted me too much for me to want to talk to him. So as we continued our walk to the elevator I was quite glad for the silence. As I tapped my finger on my legs while the elevator shot to the roof I thought about Stark’s smile, it was slim and daring just like his personality. How could I have ever had pretended to hate him for so long? If only I had confessed earlier and had not been such a chicken I could have had this life so long ago. Smiling like a fool the elevator came to a halt and the doors opened to reveal a flat piece of roofing with black railings all around the square area.

“You just made it.” Turner said as he walked towards us uncrossing his arms as we stepped out of the elevator and onto the open deck area. “Don’t worry about the air, you’ll soon enough get used to it, until then make sure to drink a lot of liquids.” Turner explained as I felt my breathing become harder, jeez stupid space air.

“Is there only the three of us in the hand to hand combat area?” I asked as I walked with Turner to around the middle of the open deck area.

“No, but you guys are the newest recruits and need to get used to the air more. .There are about ten others in the hand to hand combat group. Almost everyone on the Edogon has some experience in hand to hand combat in case it is ever needed. But if we were needed for a mission where hand to hand combat was required, we would be the first people to be picked before the others.” Turner told me as Dune looked around our surroundings, sucking in the space air.

“Oh I see, well then do we just practice here until supper time comes around?” I asked while clapping my hands together and finally taking a deeper look at my scenery, the lookout station was joined together with the open deck and I could see two people talking admiralty into their headphones as they spun their chairs from one area to another checking out the computers.

“That is correct, now I must leave you guys for I have a meeting with the other hand to hand combat officers, so please get on your way with training.” Turner said as he turned away from me and swiftly, with a fast pace walked away from us and disappeared behind the elevator’s doors. Oh great now I free and all alone with, Dune. Glorious, charming and player Dune Quinn, well this was going to be one god fun filled day. Almost as if he had heard my thoughts Dune turned around to face me, grinning.

“Well then shall we get to practice?” Dune asked me. I scoffed but didn’t complain, after all this was a part of my job.

“Yeah, yeah.” I said, getting into my attacking position, I already knew I was gonna lay a high knee on him and then proceed to a leg sweep before I finished him off with a combination of a heart punch, palm strike, spear and finally ending the fight with a fist drop. It would be the perfect set to make Dune bruised and wounded.

Running towards Dune, just before I collided with him I brought up my knee and kneed him right in the gut, thus completing the high knee. Getting down low I swept out one leg in a quick motion and swung my free leg at Dune’s legs, I watched him stumble but hold his ground. Well the leg sweep had failed. Then again with the strength of my leg sweep and Dune’s body weight I’d probably never be able to get him down onto the ground like that.

I got up ready to perform my heart punch, but before I could do anything Dune grabbed my arms and twisted them behind my back as he brought me down so I was bending backwards before he brought my body down onto his knee. The impact surged throughout my body as my ribcage screamed in pain but I ignored it as he pulled me back up to lift me up above his head and position my head on his right shoulder and my knees on his left. Attempting to bring my knees up to strike him in the head, Dune tumbled down, causing my body to hit the ground and then his. He released me and rolled away before standing up again, ready for my next attack. Wincing I stood up straight and got ready again. The heart punch would not fail this time!

Dune attacked first this time, trying to strike me with a punch. Stopping his hand I grabbed Dune by his left arm and I raised it up over my head, folding it behind my neck I delivered a full-fledged punch to his ribcage—know he knew how it felt to be hit there, hard—Dune bit his lip but didn’t wince as he twisted around—mind you I was still holding his left arm behind my neck—and flicking his head back against mine, I felt my head bob forward as my hand automatically let go of his left arm because of the surging pain in my head from Dune’s attack. Oh so he was the kind that played dirty was he? Well I guess it wasn’t that surprising since he was a player. But now it was on, well if he was gonna play dirty, bring on the dirty fighting.

Taking Dune’s shoulder blade I pulled on it until he showed some sign on emotion and then threw on the ground, before he had the chance to get up I sat down on his groin and started punching him repeatedly in the face. Funnily this helped with my anger about him, it seemed like everything just...disappeared.

“Avery are you trying to break my nose?” Dune asked as he grabbed my fists and held them; I opened my eyes, breathing hard to find my face just inches from his. GAH! Why were our faces so close to one another... I pulled back at once, NO Avery what were you thinking?! You had your gorgeous Stark, why were you even thinking of kissing that devil... that hot daring devil—AVERY!—Ugh he was a disgusting pig that toyed with girls emotions and feelings, just get up and leave, get up and leave...

“Whatever I’m thirsty.” I said, getting up. Dune grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down until I was looking him square in the eye, and he just stared at me like that for a few seconds more before he released me.

“Yeah me too.” He said pushing me off of him lightly before getting up and walking away to the bench where water bottles were stashed... was it just me or was my heart pounding too fast for my liking? Get a hold of yourself Avery Nickels! Get a hold of yourself...

===========================================================================

Oh Come Off Your Mighty High Horse Avery, We All Know You Know That Dune's Got It Going On.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 5.1K 60
*COMPLETED* *EDITING ON PROCESS* "can you not be so horny for godsakes! I'm your bestfriend... remember?" I said throwing a fit, obviously panicking...
129K 3.2K 32
Football / Soccer COMPLETED AND BEING EDITED This is how it all started: "I dare you Skye Chance to join the boys Soccer team in disguise as a boy...
3.5K 665 51
A dystopian young adult novel involving romance, secret experiments on human subjects, and a group of teenagers' will to survive. Reader Comments: "...
6.9M 208K 78
Mari Hansen ran away from home at 15 not being able to stand her radically religious family anymore and was desperate to be nothing like them which l...