Edogon Ch.7

Just Wondering, Do We Have Any Stark Fans Out There? They Poor Bloke Is Only Liked By My Friend Yundi!

========================================================

Chapter Seven: Games

Avery Nickels Reporting for Duty

I couldn’t believe the words that came out of my mouth and right in front of Dune Quinn too. A few days ago I would have never believed that Stark Welt would ever ask me out because we were on separate ends of the love spectrum, we were at the bottom and now all thanks to Herelsia we had figured out that both of us truly liked each other and we were going out. Should it be a blessing or a disaster, only time could tell.

But I couldn’t help but notice how Stark after hearing my answer immdetly turned his attention onto Dune and gave him this smile like had won some game and had the right to brag and claim victory. This worried me; my practical side told me I should run away while I still could without getting hurt by my side that was in love with Stark told me it was nothing but a guy thing. Dune smiled back at Stark though, his eyes claiming that the game was on. My heart felt like it was pounding at a million beats per second, why on earth did I ever have to meet Dune Quinn?

“Come Avery let’s head back to the dorms for the night.” Stark said, grabbing my arm and helping me out of my chair, not that I needed any help. Stark picked up my tray for me and carried it for me to the disposal and the disposed of it for me and then came back to take me by the hand and led me off to the new recruits dorm area.

I followed silently beside Stark through the long corridors and up the stairs to the dorms; I was well aware of his hand on mine but couldn’t find any words to speak simply because I was a bit confused. So instead of wasting time trying to think of things to say I looked at the detailing of the ship and the people who passed by me as well as anything else that could take my mind off of Stark and Dune’s smiles that had spoke so many unsaid words. I knew I shouldn’t worry about it because Dune had probably provoked Stark but it still bugged me. Was it right to say that the man I had once pretended to hate but actually loved confused me, and the man who disgusted also confused me? Wouldn’t it make more sense if I somewhat understood the man I loved and the one I despised confused me? That made more sense to me, so why did they both confuse me?

But I stopped thinking when I remembered, I was Stark’s girlfriend. I was the girlfriend of the man I loved and had once thought would never accept me because I had once thought he hated me. Herelsia was to thank for that. Without her we probably would have continued for the rest of our lives pretending to hate each other until it was too late and we were with other people that we truly didn’t love, regretting that we had never said anything to each other about our love. That also got me thinking, was there other people out there with special powers that we didn’t know about, if so where did they hide, or did they even hide? And if they did hide, why didn’t Herelsia hide too? Why would she have revealed herself and her powers to people who would probably take them and use them against her or claim she was a witch? Wasn’t she worried at all—

“Here we are your dorm.” Stark suddenly said, drawing me out of my thought process. I looked in front of me to see my door there. Well at least this uncomfortable silence could end now and I could spend the night thinking about how I would talk to Stark tomorrow when we had weapons association together. Ugh which reminded me; I had hand to hand combat with Dune.

“Yeah, well I guess goodnight.” I said, about to press my thumb into the pad, but Stark took my hand and pressed me up against the door.

“Aren’t you forgetting something?” Stark asked sounding somewhat breathy; it kinda turned me on to be honest. I smiled up at Stark, so he was the type to kiss on the first day of dating; well he liked to move fast.