Mask Parade || BTS X READER

By blingchick

[REWRITING]"Sometimes it's not the people who change, it's the mask that falls off." (Y/N) has unluckily enc... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Pride
Chapter 2: Lust
Chapter 3: Gluttony and Wrath
Chapter 4: Greed
Chapter 5: Sloth
Chapter 6: Something Sweet
Chapter 7: Lecherous Beast
Chapter 8: A Growing Friendship
Chapter 9: Envy
Chapter 10: Leap
Chapter 11: Teach Me
Chapter 12: Threatning Remarks
Chapter 13: Venom
Chapter 14: Beauty and The Beast
Chapter 15: Let The Devil Loose
Chapter 16: All You Need Is Me
Chapter 18: Harmless Addiction
Chapter 19: The Boy Who Cried Wolf
Chapter 20: Brat
Chapter 21: Man I Never Knew
Chapter 22: Unravel
Chapter 23: Perfidy
Chapter 24: Baby Doll
Chapter 25: Fallen Mask
Chapter 26: Incapacitate
Chapter 27: Who's The Real Monster
Chapter 28: Blamed Victim
Chapter 29: Take Flight
Chapter 30: Adrenaline
Chapter 31: Illusion
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: PLEASE READ

Chapter 17: Little Kitten

32.8K 1.4K 1.7K
By blingchick

June 15, 2019 5:00 P.M
Saturday

It had been one hell of a rough day.

After a frenetic morning and afternoon avoiding the boys, (Y/N) could fully sink into her wonderful, soft bed. Even though it's her day off, it is Saturday after all, the boys were persistent.

With their odd attempts of accidentally "bumping" into her way to requesting for her presence because they were in "need" of help— they failed to discern the fatigue looks of her body. Baggy eyes, slow and arduous movements, thinning cheeks and limbs were overlooked.

(Y/N) expands her lungs then condensed them in a long, tired sigh. She drank in the silence through every pore, soothed by its meditative quality. Each time a worrying though emerged (Y/N) mentally pushed it away, too worn out to deal with it now. When her anxieties had finally leached into the void, (Y/N) moved her aching limbs up the bed. Then she lay there wrapped in her duvet, cocooned by the thick protective buffer of the absolute quiet.

She spoke too soon.

There is someone right next to her... snoring.

"What the heck?! When did you come in my room??"

"When you were having a mental breakdown," he responded quietly.

'Which mental breakdown? You gotta be more specific than that, Yoongi.' (Y/N) subconsciously darted her lower lip out as she half-jokingly rolls her eyes.

"Hey you, little shit." Yoongi remarks, pointing his heavy hand towards (Y/N). "Stop being cute."

Surprised of Yoongi's unusual comment, her eyes and mouth open wide in a frozen expression in response. "W-what?"

"I said you look cute. Only when you're not having a mental breakdown cause that makes you look ugly." Oh he's trying to sound genuine and cheer her up but he's failing miserably.

He sits up from the bed, looking at her with hazy eyes. Yoongi blinked his eyes once and on the second time, he crashes back down to (Y/N)'s bed, pulling her down with him. The female stared at him in disbelief the second Yoongi wraps his hands around her waist.

There was something warm, something that felt right. Without a though, (Y/N) let her body sag and muscles loose. Yoongi gave her respect... in his own special way... and cherished her. In this embrace, (Y/N) felt her worries loose their keen sting and her optimism raise its head from the dirt. No matter how much she wanted to stay in his arms, (Y/N)'s taunting words from the day before kept on coming back.

'Don't talk or interact with—'

Yet that thought disappeared. (Y/N) felt Yoongi brush her hair back with his sculpted fingers. His mannerisms were similar to Jungkook... Jungko—

'(Y/N), I love you.'

Her throat ran dry and sore; every lungful of hot air robs moisture from her body. There is a pain at the back of her head that threatens to grow into a powerful migraine. The glass that caged her agonizing memories started to crack. A crack smaller than a sand pebble but it keeps expanding and expanding.

"Yoongi," (Y/N) forcefully snatches herself away. "What do you want? Why are you here again when I said you shouldn't enter my room without my—"

"I want you to sleep with me. I like having your presence when I'm sleeping, you smell nice."

"You should be sleeping in your own room and not mine." (Y/N) claims while crossing her arms, questioning his real intentions in the process. "I don't want to sound rude but I wouldn't sleep with you. I mean... I don't know much about you, it's like sleeping next to stranger that might not have good intentions."

Yoongi sat up from his position, his eyes wide open. "My name is Min Yoongi, I'm 26 years old. I was born on March 9, 1993 into a poor family with my brother, who is now deceased and so as the rest of my family. I was orphaned at a young age, but I went through and became one of the most successful people in South Korea," Yoongi pulls out a card from his pocket. "All of my other information are here. If you need questions to be solved, I'm always the man who can give you answers to anything. I mean anything."

'Anything?' (Y/N) furrowed her eyebrows.

Uttering no more words to the male, (Y/N) sauntered to her night-stand. Yoongi maneuvers his head to side to get a glimpse of what (Y/N) is cradling in between her fingers. It was a small black bottle. The contents weren't visible, but based on the weight of the object, there was still some liquid floating about.

"What is that?" Yoongi's face twisted to a frown.

"I'm only telling you this because you've known Jungkook the longest and I'm hoping you could help me because it relates back to him..." (Y/N) fidgeted with the bottle before handing it to the black headed boy. "I saw this in the kitchen after Jungkook collapsed. The lid was open and half of the contents inside of it was used."

Yoongi nods, listening intently to her explanation. The male opened the bottle, expecting a strong odor to emit from the substance. But this thing that he's holding... Yoongi knows what it is because he had used it before.

"(Y/N)— (Y/N) t-this is poison," Yoongi stutters as he slowly pull away the substance near his nose.

"D-Did someone try to poison him?!? Why would they do that to Jungk—" then it finally hit her. Everything came to a sense. "He— Jung-Jungkoo—"

"I have to tell the boys that someone is trying to assassinate him! This is dangerous. If you have this vial, your life must also be in danger!!" The urgency in his voice, his bustling movements, and lively-killer eyes caused (Y/N) to jump up from her bed. In a natural instinct, she grasped Yoongi's wrists with pressure as he was about to exit the room.

"Yoongi don't," (Y/N) deadpans. "Don't tell anyone."

"Why?! Someone tried to kill him!" 'Was it her? No it can't be her. If it was her then she wouldn't have shown me this. No one in their right mind would confess to assassinating!' "Tell me why or I might think you could've done it yourself."

"Be-Because."

He waited for answer.

Silence gnawed at their insides as it hung in air like the suspended moment before a falling bottle shatters on the ground. (Y/N) just has to say it. That's it. Everything is set, but somehow she can't. It's creeping up into her insides and it hurts. It hurts just thinking how Jungkook could do that. She cared for him for days, thinking that she was doing some good, but no. It was all a lie.

Her friendship with Jungkook is a lie.

"He used that poison to himself."

"What?" Yoongi gasps out of disbelief. "Y-you're not making any sense."

"When I saw this I had some doubts," (Y/N) began with shaky breaths. "In the corner of my eyes, before I rushed to help him, I saw this same bottle right next to his ingredients... I didn't want to make assumptions that someone did poison him but..."

The female clenches her fists as she recalls her memories of him and the boy. "Someone told me that Jungkook never cut himself before while cooking and it's true. I know that it's true. It's really true. When he got sick— I was so worried Yoongi. He wasn't waking up, I didn't know what to do!" (Y/N) crashes to her knees as she cried. "I thought that he was sick, that he needed my help. When he woke up... he said something... now I just found out that he just poisoned himself for me to take care for him?! It makes me sick to my stomach that someone would do that just for me! Yoongi— What if— if he's already willing to hurt himself for me— he might do something more damaging?? What happens if he tries to kill himself?!? I don't want to be reason Yoongi! I don't want to be!"

(Y/N)'s upper body and shoulders convulses with every sob that forces their way out of her mouth. Chest rising and falling as she gasps for a breath, tears streamed unchecked down her cheeks as she screams at the very top of her lungs, desperate for help.

The burden.

And pressure...

It's destroying her.

The thought of living as a person who caused someone's death frightened (Y/N).

Yoongi didn't know what to do. Should he keep hugging her? Should he maybe do some other physical contact? No... instead, he watches the girl cry in the middle of the room with her head held down.

"You good?" Yoongi mentally slapped himself in the head. 'You good? Really? That's the best you could do??'

"Okay I'm just going to be upfront. I don't know how to console. I'm not good with words nor body language. You could already see that I'm shit with this, but I do know what you're going through." Yoongi bit his tongue for a second upon realizing the words he spoke off expressed his emotions, one way or the other. Shrugging, he decided to continue because why the heck not. "The pain... torture... stress... all of this was because of someone. Do you know why I choose to sleep all day? The reason is that I don't want to get involved with the boys' businesses anymore... because the last time that I did... I almost lost my ability to walk."

Yoongi whisks the duvet to show his disfigured ankles. Jagged bones pops in places where they shouldn't be and countless of stitches scattered at every inch of his skin. "Jimin... he did this to me. But that was before... we became a family. He was assigned to kill Seokjin and I was assigned to save Seokjin. We were both on the opposite ends so when he caught me, he tortured and broke me until I was rescued..."

"I... was not same after that day." A low growl laced his last few words as he hauls his fingers towards her tear-stained cheeks. Using his thumb, Yoongi gently rub her tears away. "The pain was unbearable like a snake biting you in the same place repeatedly. In my eyes there wasn't any hope in the world... it's as if a knife was dragged across my heart slowly, and I had to see it. I begged death to come and take me in its vicious arms because it was more bearable than that pain."

"Those nights still comes and haunts me. Not sometimes, but all of the time. Every time I get reminded of it, it feels like someone stuck a thousand pins into me. And when I do get out of my room to socialize with the boys, I feel like I'm alienated. Everyone has their own work but me. Well I used to have my own work, but now... I'm the one who clutches and tugs furiously at his hair out of exasperation."

"You're not alone (Y/N)... you're truly not..." Yoongi finished, wiping his own tears with his own hands. "I wanted you to— no... I needed you to stay as our assistant and assistant only because I wanted to save someone from being in the same fate as me. Stuck in a single place, unable to move."

"I'm sorry I didn't listen to you," (Y/N) hiccups like a child.

"It's okay little kitten. Come here." Yoongi motions her to his arms and to his joy, she did so.

He didn't want to admit it... he really didn't but Yoongi's glad that she didn't stay just his assistant. Because he would never understand how long it takes to fall in love.

Could it be seconds?

Months?

Years?

In his comprehension, it's like asking someone how long it takes to fall asleep. Some people are gone as soon as their heads hit the pillow. And others lie awake for hours and it's only when their brain stops churning for a while that sleep sneaks in and drags them.

His whole existence plummeting itself at the idea of her was not planned. They were suppose to be an employer and an employee, just him and her and nothing in between. But their stars aligned and a great force pulled him closer. Holding her body gave him a sense that he could now fall asleep without having nightmares trailing behind his back whenever he sleeps.

"Thank you for this Yoongi," (Y/N) smiles sweetly at him. "But you should leave, I was specifically told not to talk to anyon—"

"What? (Y/N) is there something else you're not telling me?" His smile turned upside down. Yoongi thought that they both formed a sense of trust with each other, but he was wrong. (Y/N) is still closed, still far from his reach.

He needed to change that.

"N-No. It's nothing. You should leave."

"I'm not leaving till you answer my question."

"What are you going to do huh? Kiss me??" She scoffs jokingly until Yoongi pinned her body against the bed.

"Are you daring me too?" His lips formed a sly smirk. His tone was amused, which irritated (Y/N) even more.

"No."

"Relax princess, I'm not going to kiss you..." He laughed at (Y/N)'s obvious discomfort. She gulped the lump on her throat, but she felt a rush of relief down her system. "Not until you ask to me anyways."

"Yoongi. Please."

"Not until you tell me little kitten." The male chuckled as he got off (Y/N) and laid next to her. He let his body sink comfortably to her comforter, deciding to let go of this topic now so he could catch up on his sleep. "Now lay down next to me..."

"No—EEK!"

"Too loud my kitten," he silenced her by placing his index finger against her lips. "Ahh silence... much better. Though, I'd prefer you to scream my name once in a whil—"

"Don't ruin the moment and don't call me kitten!"

"Well that's unfurtunate."

"I would've slapped you right now if you weren't constricting my limbs. But that is a clawver pun I must say."

"We're done. Go to sleep."

"You started it," she pouted.

"And I'm ending it. Sleep. Now."

(Y/N) chuckles. Then she noticed something. She glanced at the slight opened door. She was sure that she closed the door earlier...

The female shrugged and brushed off her thoughts. 'Must be my mind playing with me, I thought I saw someone.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Kiss √ By peach

Fanfiction

372K 16.4K 61
❝she leaves behind a red kiss.❞ in which a cold-hearted murderer finds herself involved with the biggest gang in seoul. ━━━━━━ @peachies ✓ highest r...
69.1K 2.6K 61
He's her target. She's his first love (WARNING: INTENSE SEXUAL CONTENT). ~~~ When Y/n L/n, a spy for one of the biggest mafias in New York City, gets...
112K 5.1K 34
It's not fairytale stories where happy ending in the end..... it's yandere stories where only evil win.... Trust me you gonna find extraordinary stor...
562K 16.5K 38
When a new girl to the school doesn't fall for the bad boy Jimin straight away he makes it his mission to make her fall in love with him, but does hi...