Frozen Solitude

By Shell-Shell4

Jackson Overland Pitchiner, popularly called Jack Frost, is the son of The Nightmare King. He was born on t... More

Prologue: The Nightmare Prince
VK Day
Tragedy of The Nightmare King
Twinetender
Say I Can Stay...Please
Jack Frost Is NOT Amused
Bibbity-Bobbity-Boo-Hoo!
Roommates with Royalty
Remedial Goodness 101
Tourney Trouble
Hey, Wind! Put Me Down!
Carlos, My BFF Once More!
Welcome To The Family Part 1
Welcome To The Family Part 2
I'M NEVER COMING BACK!
The North Mountain
A Castle Made of Ice
A Heart-to-Heart Over Cocoa
The Wait Is Over
Unexplainable Instinct
The Invasion In Auradon
The Truth Hurts
The Enchantress: Mother Nature
Arendelle Withdraws
My Winter Prince
I Will Be Ready
Corona Makes a Choice
Can't Afford To Lose
New Recruits
Mission Assignment
Son of the Enchantress
Cold Fury
Crossing the Line
Into The Unknown
Frozen Heart
What Do I Know About Love?
The Tables are Turned Twice
To Be A Royal
Allies Outside Auradon
Peace Is Over, Prepare For War
First Battle
One Must Become Two
A Wedding, a Coronation, and a Quest
A Message for Auradon
The Enchanted Forest
All is Found
The Dragon Chief Meets the Beast King
Where the North Wind meets the Sea
We are Northuldra
Tragic Truth
What was Stolen, will be Returned
It's NOT Your Fault
Crossing into Atohallan
Show Yourself
Going Too Far
No Good Deed
Nothing Left to Lose
Nightlight
Soulmates
The Dark Fae Rise
Do You Hear the People Sing?
The Next Right Thing
List of Songs
Reborn
This Changes Everything
Standing Divided as One
The End Becomes the Beginning

Two Losses in One Night

8.6K 190 57
By Shell-Shell4

              Author's Note: This edit was made by my good friend and fellow author crossoverLIFE19. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! 🤗

              "KOZY!" My mother's shrill scream echoed through every room. 

             With every shriek came a pain so strong, it slowly tore my heart apart. I had to watch as she thrashed on the bed with a grasp on Daddy's hand. We'd been expecting my baby brother or sister for months. At that moment, however, the jitters that kept me awake for nights on end was from more than excitement. From my view on the stairs, Daddy looked scared. His eyes were wide and shook almost as much as his hands, and I could see his chest heave with every breath. The notion made me tighten my grip on the railing, and I became still as stone. I waited as time passed, only one thought in mind. Daddy's never been scared before. 

              "Hang on, Seraphina, deep breaths!" Daddy ordered, his knuckles white as he gripped at Mother's hand. His other hand, the one unoccupied during the chaos, ran through her sweat-drenched locks.

           I held back a whimper as Mommy screamed again. Tears began to blur my vision, and I squeezed my eyes shut. Mommy's always been strong; an enchantress known for being as fierce and unpredictable as the weather. I remembered every time she hadn't hesitated to punch someone right in the face. She always did that - especially when people claimed that she 'coddled' me. She used to wipe the sneers right off of their chapped lips. She was the one that taught me that love isn't weak. She said love is as strong as the very forces of nature - just like her. Just as a smile began to reach my memories, Mommy screamed again. I flinched back as my body almost tipped over the edge of the stairs.

           "Courage, Angel, courage," Daddy reminded as he leaned down to lay his forehead against Mommy's head. 

          Mommy released another scream - then nothing. For a moment everything finally settled. Mommy's tortured screams slowed to a gentle wheeze, her breaths anything but steady. I waited for something to happen with bated breath. Then, within seconds, a loud wail sounded throughout the room. I snapped up, stood from my perch and leaned over the stairs to get a better look. A grin took over as I looked down upon my new family. Daddy lifted a little bundle towards the light, where a little baby squirmed within his hold.

           "It's a girl," He announced. 

           The news took a minute to set in, but as the little girl's gaze turned toward me, my grin grew wider. I'm finally a big brother! I almost fell off the stairs as I watched Daddy bring the little baby to Mommy. My grin wavered, however, as I caught sight of Mommy. Her smile was weak, wavering every moment that time passed by. The worst was the tears that slowly streamed down her cheeks and the depleted color in her - once lively - orbs.Beneath a dream (where Mommy's exhaustion caused the faded light), I knew something was wrong. 

             "She's beautiful," Mommy whispered, hardly louder than a simple breath. 

             Daddy smiled and delivered a chaste kiss to my baby sister's head; "Our Emily Jane." 

            Mommy's eyes connected with mine, and I lowered back to the stairs with a sheepish grin. Like always, she sent me a welcoming smile and beckoned me down with a slow wave. I hadn't hesitated when I rushed down the stairs and jumped over steps. I yelped as I almost sent myself to a tumble near the bottom. I skipped until I was next to Daddy to peer at Emily. She was so small - barely big enough to take up Daddy's entire arm as he held her to his chest. A little wisp of brown hair laid on her head, and her hazel eyes sparkled as she looked back at Mommy. I grin at the similarities she held to Mommy, even as young as a few minutes. She was going to grow into a beautiful girl, and it was my job to protect her from the boys.

              Daddy suddenly thrusted Emily into my arms. 

              "Seraphina!" He cried, shaking Mommy's shoulder. 

              "What's wrong?" I asked as I brought Emily closer to my chest - just like Daddy had done. It was awkward; even with her small size as she was almost diagonal in my grasp. 

             Daddy never answered, he just called Mommy's name in a desperate yell. Mommy didn't respond, and my gut twisted as the moments flashed by. Time was slow and it held my heart in its grasp before Daddy collapsed across the bed with a loud sob. He wrapped his arms around Mommy and brought her frozen body to his own. 

            Just then, Emily went silent - her cries gone abruptly. I glanced down, my eyes full of tears as Daddy's sobs grew louder. Emily was still, her eyes as glazed as Mommy's, and she turned ice-cold. 

           "Daddy?" I called out, my gaze glued to my baby sister. "How come Emily won't wake up?" 

           In seconds, Daddy was at my side and took Emily away from me. We stood in silence for very quick minutes, before Daddy laid her next to Mommy. 

          "This is all Auradon's fault!" Daddy screamed, and I jumped as he directed a glare to the heavens. 

          "What happened?" I asked, a hiccup tore through my sore throat as more tears fell. 

            Daddy hadn't responded for what seemed like forever, and a steel glove slowly wrapped around my little heart. Until, finally, Daddy kneeled before me and brought his hands to my shoulder as he said, "Jack, Mommy and Emily are gone. They've gone somewhere happier for them - where magic can help them." 

           That night, and many more to come, Daddy and I hadn't gotten any sleep.We had a funeral at the back of our home for our missing family. Just me and him to look down at the beautiful tombstones for Mommy and Emily. Mommy's stone laid on the large, empty wall within our new cave. Her eyes were closed and her smile adorned her peaceful face. She was beautiful, but it didn't do justice. Even with Mommy's favorite gown(one in which fanned out like a cloud and draped down her arms like leaves) and all the seasons behind her. No matter, it fit her memory perfectly. Because, no matter what, Mommy was the Enchantress of Nature and she deserved the best. So, with shaking hands, I traced the words we left in her favor.

                                        HERE LIES SERAPHINA PITCHINER: 

                                   YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN - NEVER

              Daddy also made one for Emily. Her's was far more simple, but it didn't matter. Emily didn't have aspects of her to remember, besides the blooming similarities and beauty hid beneath her small frame. Using the few hours we had with her, we made her tomb beneath Mommy's memorial. I put a glass flower from the marketplace atop her grave as well. It was perfect as it curled around Emily's framed photo. The glass shimmered like the winter ice, and little beads decorated the spindling vines. A fully bloomed, shimmering rose to represent the life she could have (should have) had, and little buds to represent the life she did have. Just like Mommy, we left words engraved on her stone in her memory.

                                       HERE LIES EMILY JANE PITCHINER: 

                         TOO PRECIOUS TO LIVE IN THIS CRUEL WORLD

          It was a long time before Daddy smiled again. For the first few years, I was afraid he never would. But Dad, despite everything, was still the best Dad anyone could dream to have. Especially somewhere as horrid as the Isle.

(End of Memory)

❄❄❄❄❄❄

Author's Note: So...I hope you all didn't cry too hard. That is how Seraphina and Emily Jane died. So you can see why Jack may not be crazy about meeting the people who abandoned them on the Isle. I hope you all enjoyed it!  Please comment, vote, and share this chapter. Thank you!

Also I'd like to recommend checking out the fanfic "Heir of Berk" a HTTYD fanfic by one of my fellow wattpad writer friends, Jennifer Tjandrajana. 🤗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.5K 1.8K 11
Before Jack Frost and even before the 4 Legendary Guardians & Pitch, there was the first guardian made my Manny; her name, Angela. She fought the boo...
8.7K 345 23
Merida,The Princess of Clan Dunbroch,was just sleeping in her bedroom when she met The Spirit of Winter,Jack Frost.She thought he was just her figmen...
927 80 15
Pitch is back with one thing on his mind: Revenge. And his anger will be taken out on a certain Frost who had ruined everything for him. He knows hur...
22.3K 413 25
Nina grew up on The Isle of the Lost along with many other kids, although many things were different about her. For one thing, she is the only person...