Photographs (Luke Hemmings)

By Procrashtonates

When her world gets shaken up, Bailey, her family, and her new amazing group of friends have to adapt their l... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
SEQUEL
No update- just words!
Long Time No Talk!

Chapter 29

7.7K 174 97
By Procrashtonates

I heard my alarm clock go off and I groaned.

It was the first day of my senior year. I luckily had almost all of my credits so I was eligible to start school at 9am rather than the horrendous 7am.

I pulled myself out of bed and made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I had been out of the hospital for about 3 weeks. My family and everyone around me were keeping a close eye on my health, but lately I felt great. I felt like nothing ever happened, but the thought of my brain tumor was still stowed away in the back of my mind. I knew that eventually I would start to feel bad all over again, but I was hoping that would come later rather than sooner.

After I was ready I pulled on my shoes, swung my backpack onto one shoulder, and made my way into the living room. Within minutes, Luke was pulling up in front of my house. I made my way out the door and over to Luke's car, keeping my head down the entire time.

"Hi," I said quietly once I got in the car, showing Luke I was still tired.

"Hey," he said kissing my cheek before pulling out of my driveway.

"I see you're on time today. Actually... you're early!" I exclaimed to tease Luke.

"Only because I knew if we weren't at least on time, you wouldn't be very happy with me," he said with a slight smile.

"You know me so well," I smiled at him.

It was true, the first day I wanted to at least be on time. I actually wanted to be early to meet up with Casey.

After we parked, I pulled open the door to the school and let out a silent sigh. I was excited because it was senior year but I wasn't excited about school in general.

I spotted Casey standing by our usual spot near the door. She was typing on her phone as I approached her.

"Hey," I said walking up to her. Luke laced his fingers with mine as we began to walk the familiar hallways.

"What's your first class?" I asked.

"Psychology" she said, and I told her I had world history. It worked well because our classes were across from each other.

We all walked towards our classes making small talk. I looked around at all the people walking in the halls. Some were wearing their sports uniforms and some frantically running around looking for their next class; freshman.

Luke and I dropped off Casey at Psychology before making our way across the hall and to my class.

"I'll see you after class," he said kissing my cheek.

"Have fun in math," I smiled before walking into the room and taking a seat.

-

The bell sounded, signaling the end of the day. I was glad because it felt as if 2pm couldn't come any faster. The day had dragged on forever.

"Are you feeling okay? No headaches?" Luke asked right as I met him in the hallway.

"I'm alright," I assured him as we walked to his car.

The doctors told me I could get headaches easily for a little while, especially when I had to focus for long periods of time. Luke was always super worried about my health, he always asked how I was feeling.

The first day was just listening to teachers ramble on about the class and rules, it wasn't very mentally demanding.

Casey was already standing next to Luke's car. We had planned to hang out at my house while Ashton and Luke had hockey practice.

We pulled into my driveway and Luke turned to me, "I'm going to pick you guys up to come hangout at Ashton's at 4:30 right?" he asked.

Luke, Calum, Michael, and Ashton had been playing around on their instruments since I got out of the hospital. They decided to make a band just for the hell of it. The funny thing was, they were actually pretty good. Casey and I always hung out with the boys at Ashtons while they messed around, trying to cover different songs.

"Of course, have a good practice," I said quickly kissing him before climbing out of the car.

I put the key in the lock and pulled open the front door to my house before throwing my backpack onto the couch.

"Are you hungry?" I asked Casey while making my way into the kitchen.

"Starving," she said sitting down on my couch. I figured that, we were always hungry after school.

"Chicken nuggets? They're dinosaur shaped!" I yelled to her.

"Yep only because they're dinosaurs," she said and I could hear her laugh.

I put our nuggets in the oven and set a timer before joining Casey on the couch. I turned on the last Big Brother episode we had missed from the previous night. We were discussing our favorites on the show and the people we wanted to leave when the oven beeped.

I went into the kitchen, putting an equal amount of nuggets on each plate.

"FOOD," I yelled, and Casey came running in.

I laughed because she wasn't the sporty type, but if food was involved, she would run miles. I grabbed two gatorades from my refrigerator and handed one to her.

After watching Big Brother, we both shared the stories of our first day back at school. Neither were very eventful, but we got to discuss all the people we were stuck with in our classes.

"How are you feeling?" Casey asked once it got quiet.

"Good," I said shrugging. I felt as if I had been asked that question a million times since I got out of the hospital.

"No not just good, tell me more." Casey said. She was very motherly and always wanted to know the details.

"I mean, I feel physically good but I feel like my days are numbered and it doesn't feel fair. I'm just trying to be positive about it because I'm lucky I got a second chance to extend my time with you," I said looking down at my food. I was too awkward to look people in the eyes when I became soft.

This was all hard on me, but I was trying to look on the bright side. I also felt like no one could possibly understand. They all had a life to live for a long time, where as I didn't. I couldn't put into words how jealous I was that my days were numbered and they had a lot to look forward to. I just wanted to be distracted from it all.

I looked at Casey who was nodding understandingly and before she had the chance to speak my phone began to ring. I looked down to see Luke's name on my screen. I clicked the answer button while looking at the clock realizing the afternoon had flew by, it was already 4:30.

"Hey," I smiled putting my phone up to my ear.

"Hey are you guys ready?" Luke asked.

"Yep."

"I should be there soon," he said and we exchanged our goodbyes before my phone beeped to signal the call had ended.

Five minutes later, Luke pulled into my driveway. Casey and I made our way out the door and into his car.

"Hi," Casey and I said in unison, which happened often. We both lightly chuckled.

"How was practice?" I asked meeting Luke's eyes. Just seeing him made me smile.

"Tiring, we did a lot of drills," he said as he began to back out of my driveway placing one hand behind my seat as he looked backwards.

"How was your afternoon?" he asked looking at me and then Casey in the rear view mirror.

"Pretty good, we had dinosaur chicken nuggets," I said proudly. I probably sounded like a little kid, but I didn't care.

"You didn't save me any?" he pouted looking over at me.

"They were too good!" I said with a small laugh. He was so adorable. He began to make fake crying sounds which made me roll my eyes.

"You're such a diva," I said laughing.

"What?!" Luke asked sassily which only made me laugh harder.

We pulled into a 7-11 parking lot and Luke looked over at me, "Want anything?" he said reaching for the door handle.

"I'm good thanks," I smiled.

"Good. You weren't gonna get anything anyway since you didn't save me any chicken nuggets."

"You're never gonna let me live that down are you?" I asked with a smile tugging at my lips.

"Nope, need anything Casey?" he asked looking at her. She shook her head no and thanked him as he began to walk towards the entrance.

Luke walked out only a few minutes later, with a hot dog and a Dr. Pepper in hand. I watched him walk towards the car, with his raybans covering his eyes.

He pulled open the door and asked me to hold his soda and hot dog while he got into the car.

I took them in my hands, setting the hotdog on my lap and taking a sip of his soda.

"Who said you could have any?" Luke asked trying to keep a straight face. I could see the smile trying to form its way onto his face so I took another sip which made him laugh.

"I did," I said with a smile of my own. He shook his head and pulled out of the parking lot making his way to Ashton's house.

Casey and I sat on the couch as the boys played around on their instruments. They were currently trying to pull a song together.

"Are you feeling okay, Bailey?" Luke asked once they all stopped playing. I nodded because the loud sounds didn't have an effect on me.

"Did you guys ever come up with a name?" I asked. I knew they weren't aiming to be a serious band, but I still thought they needed to name themselves something.

"We made a list, but they're all pretty bad," Ashton laughed.

"Michael had one in mind though," Luke said looking at Michael.

"Say it," Calum said pushing him.

"Now that i'm thinking about saying it out loud, it sounds pretty fucking awful." Michael said with a laugh.

"What is it?" I laughed.

"Just say it," Casey pushed.

"Uh.. 5 seconds of Summer," he said and I bit my lip to stifle my laugh.

"It's interesting," I said not wanting to offend him. Casey was laughing silently trying to not look at me.

"It's not like we're gonna go far anyways," Michael said.

"Never say never," I said still trying to not laugh.

"Whatever Bailey." Michael said and I rolled my eyes.

After a little over an hour, Ashton stood up from his drum kit and checked his phone.

"I better get Casey home for dinner before 6," he said making his way over to her. She stood up straightening out her shirt.

"Yeah we better go too," Luke said pulling his guitar off of him. I nodded and stood up as well.

We exchanged our goodbyes with Michael, Ashton, and Calum before telling Casey we would meet her tomorrow morning before class at the same spot we did today.

As we made our way towards Luke's car, I locked my fingers with his and gave him a smile.

Due to being at school and around our friends, we didn't display much public affection so I was happy when we got the chance to be alone.

We climbed into his car, and I leaned over and kissed him softly before we took off.

-

A/N

I don't know what to say here besides I want a luke hemmings

bye

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 177 30
Love comes in many forms
1.3K 43 20
Prologue I'm just a sixteen year old girl in high school. Some people say I have the life in high school,I say I don't. But I guess being popular is...
40.6K 670 47
Hard times don't just get better
184K 5.6K 33
❝Did you just take a photo of me?❞ ❝Shit.❞ all rights reserved. idea/concept by @paper-planes