A New Sensation - Book 1

By SheWolfSarita

"Oh, so you're part of this kidnapping posse too? I am not a possession! I have a life that I was abruptly pl... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16 - Mature
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24 - Mature
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40 - Mature
41
42
43
44
45 - Mature
46
47

31

1.4K 68 3
By SheWolfSarita

I am back!  Sorry everyone.  It was a challenging trip I had to take and every time I wrote this chapter I kept killing off characters.   Clearly was channelling some energy there!   So, got myself settled, back in the game and feeling better to write.  Let me know in the comments what you think. xxx

——   As a catch up for those following the story as I write it.   Anton outed Roxy.  Remus an old eccentric vampire who likes to collect rare things is now looking for Roxy.   Issac has asked Roxy to be his mate. —

I can hear my pulse booming in my head.  My blood is boiling.  My chest has tightened making it harder to breath, and I am overwhelmed with a flurry of emotions, I am unsure if they are mine, my wolfs or Marcus.  

The overriding emotion though.   Anger.

These past few months have been challenging to say the least.  A serious adjustment.  And since I joined this world, my mundane normal life has taken a serious turn for more violence and risk.  And frankly.  No.  I do not like it.  That flipping wolf Anton.  Who the hell does he think he is?!  And this damn vampire called Remus has everyone in a panic.  Why do they let him get away with it?  What gives him the right?  This will not fly at all if they out themselves to the human world.

And Issac.  

His mate?  He asked me to be his mate?  Thats more permanent than a human marriage!   My wolf is howling with joy - I don't understand her.  I on the other hand am freaking the hell out.  It's too quick.  It's too soon.  In all my life of imagining how this moment would be.   This is not how I thought it would pan out.  I don't know what to think.  This week has been nice.  But.  Mates?

"I am your's Roxy.  Even if you refuse now.  I am and always will be yours."

This is too soon.  Too much.  Stupid Anton.  Stupid vampires and wolves.  Damnit.  Now, I think I have commitment issues? I probably do.  The idea of being tied down to someone scares the crap out of me.  Even if he does make my soul sing. That metaphorical snake that has been wrapping itself around me is squeezing tighter and tighter.  My chest is struggling to move, my breath is fast and shallow.

I look over at Anton.  He looks smug.  

That jerk!

"You.  You self centred, egotistical, thoughtless stupid wolf!"   Oh that got me a good growl out of him.  He needs to be taken down a notch or two.

"What kind of Alpha are you?  You're wolves depend on you to be fair and just, keeping them safe and cared for.  This is the opposite.  You are a power hungry ass, and I would rather spend my time with this Remus fella than another second near something as rotten as you."

Antons wolf is close, he snarls at me and is clearly not happy with the insults or what I personally think is truth.  He's prowling slowly toward me, his fist clenched so tight his knuckles are white.   I don't care.  This stupid wolf just put my daughter at risk, and that won't fly with me.  Ever.

"I am not sure what you were thinking when you orcastrated this, but how can your pack depend on you, if you are so self centred and power hungry?"

That did it.  He lunged at me, his fist coming toward my face.  Before I could react, because believe me, I damn well was going to.  Asshole.   Marcus pushed me to the side and started throwing punch after punch at Anton.  It was brutal as they rolled around the kitchen, snarling and growling at each other.  Issac started circling the duo, ready for his piece of Anton.   And this is when Andrew practically threw me out of the kitchen, running into the gardens.

I pull Andrew to a stop.  My whole mind racing, and I start to feel panicked. 

"My daughter.  He knows about her. If he knows, Remus might.  I need to go back.  I need to get her.  Andrew, I need to go back to her."

Andrews eyes glazed over linking someone, while I paced in front of him.  Well this turned into a mess rather quickly.  I am not sure whether to run, hide, or find this damn Vampire and confront him.  Seriously.  Why on earth is everyone scared of him and why have they let him get away with it?  I can feel myself flipping between my wolf wanting to fight, and take out anyone that dares to threaten us and Kate.  And then my human side, wanting to run, hide and stay away from anything that threatens my kids safety.

"I have our lead warrior making arrangements now to up security and patrols.  No one will sneeze without us knowing within our territory."

"Andrew.  I need to go back. This situation.  This life.  Its not safe.  I need to take her away."

"You can't do that.  You know the rules.  You will be a rouge and any Alpha getting wind of you on their land without permission makes you a target.  You will have no one to protect you.  And your wolf has the potential to go violent without the pack interaction.  We will figure this out."

Before I can dwell on the situation, and start to argue with Andrew, I hear two sinister chuckles coming towards us from the treeline.  My wolf growls in my mind, her hackles up.  Vampires.  And their whole vibe is sinister.  Andrew moves in front of me snarling at them.

"Easy wolf.  We have no argument with you.  We just wanted to have a chat with your lady friend over here."

I can feel my wolf coming closer.  Something is not right.  I look around towards the house, and see three more coming toward us.

"And what is it you wanted to talk about?"

Andrew and I are back to back now, my fingers are throbbing, begging to let my claws out.  I feel threatened and enclosed, and frankly.  Frightened.  "Issac."

"I'm just finishing up here."  I could hear him almost give me a wolf laugh.  I think he may have enjoyed his tango with that ass.

"Outside with Andrew.  Five vampires, want to talk.  I don't think it's friendly.  Send Marcus quick."   He growls over the link. Before I can ask my next question, Marcus has zipped behind the three closing in on Andrew and I.  His anger rolling off of him, sending shivers down my spine through our link.  God I hope he's never angry at me like that.

"Boys what's going on?  We are here to negotiate and work with the wolves, not cause trouble."

One of them turns around and snorts at Marcus.  "Remus just wants to talk to her Marcus.  No harm no foul."   I raise my eyebrow.  Thats not the vibe I am getting.  This flipping vampire I am yet to meet is becoming a thorn in my side fast.    

The two by the trees hiss at Andrew, earning a deep snarl from me.  Marcus sniggers at the three in front of him.  I take it they must be young, because I can feel the arrogance in their fighting stances.  Sloppy, and not focused on everyone.  I don't want to fight.  My wolf disagrees, pawing at my mind to let her out.  She has her eyes on the taller stockier one on the left who keeps licking his lips when we lock eyes.  I do not get the vibe this particular vampire wants to 'talk'.   In fact, I get cold shivers down my spine looking at him.  Not good vibes at all.

"Well then, he could have sent an invitation, come to the meeting.   This is not the most friendly of ways to introduce himself.   I think I will pass on the chat thanks guys."

The one on the right smirks at my comment, and takes Marcus by surprise, turning around and lunging at him.  The one of the right who has been eyeballing me steps forward, my wolf itching to take him on.  Andrew is fighting with the two behind me in an instant, growling and hissing at each other at they strike.

The vampire eyeballing me, and the one in the middle grins.  "Come on little wolf.  I won't bite.   Hard."

As Marcus grabs him by the throat, and before I know what I am doing, I shift and dart toward the tree line.  I run faster, pushing myself harder than I ever have before.  My paws are skimming the surface, tree branches are whipping by my face.  The faster I go, the more zen my thinking becomes.  My wolf taking over, as if she knows the forest by heart. I know its the cowards way out, but crap I don't know what I am doing.  My wolf is pretty pissed, but understands.  She pushes us harder and faster. I don't know where she is taking me, but away from them is a good option.

After what feels like ages, but probably only thirty minuets, I slow down.  I need to link Issac, regroup and gather my thoughts. The trees are so close together, that hardly any moonlight shines through.  The floor is soft and moist from the damp leaves.  I sniff the air trying to locate any sign of human life nearby or a river for a drink, and I catch a scent.  It's musky, with lemon.  That's odd?

I let out a yelp as I am tackled to the ground from the left.  I tumble with my attacker, rolling on the ground, trying to bite whatever I can, scratching my hind legs up going for anything soft.  I bite the soft tissue under the arm connecting to his chest. 

"Damnit Wolf.  Shift"

Hell no!  I snarl and snap at my attacker.  I only know he's a vampire, because I got a glance at his glowing eyes, which are terrifying.  Who the hell is this, and so far away from anyone or anything.  Oh god.  So am I.  Away from anyone that can help.  This vampire is strong, and though I have got him good with gashes through his stomach, he manages to lift me up against a tree, his hand around my throat.  His glowing amber eyes boar into mine.  They remind me of a camp fire, contained, warm yet dangerous.

"SHIFT. NOW."

Gulping, I do as he wishes.  He's strong, angry, and at least not killing me in this moment.  My wolf wants to wash him with power which frankly in my panic I forgot I could do.  But I am afraid if he finds out what I am, history will repeat itself and he will kill me on the spot.

I shift while he still pins me to the tree.  Looking up I am startled by what I see.  His amber eyes compliment his sun kissed skin.  Thick dark eyebrows, with straight strong lines outlining his face.  Striking, and defined.  Shoulder length blonde hair.  He's six foot.  Long legs, and long torso.  Well built but not overly buff.    

I squirm against him, his hands still around my throat.  My fingers are still claws and I grab onto his arms to try pull him off me.

"Uh uh uh.  You put up a good fight.  But I went through a lot of trouble waiting to catch you alone."

"Well, you caught me.  What do you want vampire?"

"Oooh you make the word vampire sound so delicious.  Easy little one.  I just wanted to talk.   Introduce myself."

"Okay then.  Talk.  Who are you?"

His eyes glow with a beautiful gold.  A smirk reaches up to his eyes as he looks at me.  I want to smack that smirk off his face.

"Remus."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 2 1
PUBLISHED ON AMAZON!!!------------- ------------------------------------------------- ebook and paperback! ILY ALL !!💞💞💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕 "Is the big...
547K 15.5K 37
"What do you want now?" she said gritting her teeth as he got closer and closer by every second. "I want nothing else but you Angel..."he whispered...
412 49 23
Drifting through the days with her group of friends, Sammy only cared about escaping it all with the help of casual sex, drugs, and alcohol until she...
3.1M 138K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...