Never Alone • a BTS fantasy ff

By Mochi-Mochi_Cheeks

A BTS fantasy AU set in a fairytale world ... In which seven supernatural creatures decide to help a determin... More

Never alone
Chapter 1 • How it all began
Chapter 2 • Eyvenor
Chapter 3 • The rule
Chapter 4 • Firestones
Chapter 5 • Master of the dark
Chapter 6 • Hypnotized
Chapter 7 • Joonie
Chapter 8 • A silent 'yet'
Chapter 9 • Map of the East
Chapter 10 • Not a morning person
Chapter 11 • The town of the possessed
Chapter 13 • Differences of the Gods
Chapter 14 • Jimin's past
Chapter 15 • The Man Made of Porcelain
Chapter 16 • The Attack of the Scarecrows
Chapter 17 • Healing
Chapter 18 • The Soul-keeper
Chapter 19 • Stormy past
Chapter 20 • Jellybeans
Chapter 21 • Prince on the white horse
Chapter 22 • The Soul-center
Chapter 23 • Passed souls
Chapter 24 • Brother's tale
Chapter 25 • Magical tea
Chapter 26 • The New Plan
Chapter 27 • Freshfloaters
Chapter 28 • The demon's past
Chapter 29 • The Moon's friend
Chapter 30 • A Doll's Potion
Chapter 31 • Bird's nest
Chapter 32 • Sweet home Alabama
Chapter 33 • Wings
Chapter 34 • Birthday cake
Chapter 35 • Might-eater
Chapter 36 • Never alone
Thank you!<3

Chapter 12 • God's minion

4.2K 313 143
By Mochi-Mochi_Cheeks

Never in her life would Eunha have guessed that she would personally experience the meeting of two by-nature-decided archenemies. Yet as she looked at Taehyung's face, how his sharp eyebrows were deeply furrowed in an irritated frown, mouth pulled in a venomous scowl as his jaw clenched in anger, it gave the girl an idea of who her saviour was.
The warm light contrasting with the man's shadows and air filled with an immensely powerful energy, reassured her that she was right as well.

This was a confrontation between angel and demon.

"Was that a threat, sunshine? I thought the Gods' minions weren't allowed to threaten others?"
Taehyung spit out the nickname with as much sarcasm as he could muster to make sure that everyone knew he had no respect for the stranger.

"It was merely a question. If you think of it as a threat, however, then that must mean you feel intimidated?" His tone was light. Eunha could tell by his intonation that he was casually provoking the demon, or at least tried to.

Taehyung let out a dry chuckle, tense figure that was towering over the girl moving aside as he glanced over his shoulder to look at the angel.
"You don't intimidate me, you make me feel sad."

He showed them a sly grin. "Sad as everyone can clearly see that your existence is a failure."

Now that Taehyung had moved out of her line of sight, Eunha could finally see the angel, and man; his looks fit the title perfectly.
Even though the creature was irritated at the moment, he still looked extremely beautiful. His eyebrows tugged in a soft frown as his warm brown eyes glared at the demon fiercely. His lips were pulled in a thin line, but the girl could imagine them in a happy smile that brightened the world around him. His hair was light brown, almost appearing blond, and looked silky soft.
To exaggerate his supernatural origin, the man displayed a pair of pure white, feathery wings behind him, a bright light emerging from them as he spread them proudly.

Unlike the other creatures had done, the angel didn't seem to intimidate Eunha despite his power. In contrary, she almost felt comfortable and calm in his presence.

"Let her go, demon."
The man held up his hand, a ball of golden light and cloudy smoke appearing above his palm.
His slim yet well-formed figure stepped forwards in warning; he was being serious.

Taehyung let out an amused laugh before glaring at the angel smugly. He as well walked forwards. "And why would I do that?"

"Because I'm telling you to."

Eunha played with her fingers nervously. She wasn't sure what to do. Yes, Taehyung had threatened to kill her and trapped her against a tree, but she also knew it was because she told him she wasn't scared of him. He was just protecting his brand.

Then there was also the fact that he had helped her by introducing Namjoon. She knew more about the kidnapper and had an idea of how to find her mother now.
She kind of felt like she had to take his side in this.

Though the thought of jumping between the two powerful beings ready to fight each other, didn't sound very appealing either. One small accident could obliterate her entire existence.

Then there was also the thing called natural instincts. Standing up for a demon who fed on her emotions, to an angel who's job was to keep humanity from being absolutely destroyed didn't feel like a logic thing to do.

So as the inner-conflict happened, Eunha stayed put in her place with a shook expression on her face.

Luckily someone else stepped in before the enemies decided to kill each other.
Long live Namjoon.
"What is going on here? Who are you?"

He stepped into the scene, Jimin trailing behind him as both observed the different figures.
The demon who was fuming with anger, wings spread behind him intimidatingly as he glared at the man in front of him in fury.
The stranger, that they immediately recognized as an angel, was looking back at Taehyung with the same kind of emotion. Though his face was blank and cold as stone, which in Jimin's opinion made him more scary as he seemed unreadable, his eyes were absolute fire.

Namjoon raised his eyebrows at the thick atmosphere that filled the air, before glancing at Eunha. He almost snorted as he saw her face; she was obviously struggling to decide what to do.
Jimin on the other hand didn't try to contain his laughter, he let it out loudly, figure flailing around like a deflating balloon figure as he slapped a tree next to him.

The sudden explosion of amusement seemed to attract everyone's attention as they all watched how the elf composed himself, hands in the air as a silent apology.

The angel took in the figures, eyebrows slightly raising in surprise as he wondered how these different creatures had found each other. He then focused his attention on the vampire, realizing he had asked him a question.

He studied the man for a second, he stood tall and calmly. An almost leader-like aura radiating off of him as he waited for a response. The vampire wasn't out to cause trouble, the angel could tell, he just wanted to know what was going on.

The stranger took a step back from the demon, his furious demeanor melting into a what kinder expression.
"My name is Hoseok. We got some warnings that an innocent human was surrounded by dangerous company; I'm here to keep her safe."

After his introduction, Hoseok turned to look at the short girl, a warm smile spreading on his face as he held out his hand towards her, "Eunha, isn't it? Are you okay?"

Wow. She was right. His smile could literally make the filthiest piece of trash shine brightly.
He mesmerized her with his looks and energy, yet she didn't feel ugly or less next to him. He was the kind of attractive that complimented others as well.

An involuntary blush appeared on the girl's face as she glanced down at his outstretched hand
Right, he had asked her something.
"I-I'm fine, don't worry."

She took a soft breath, in need of some air as the angel had taken all of it away with his smile.
As if in trance, Eunha reached out to take the stranger's hand in hers, not caring that she just met the creature. She wanted to feel his warm skin, fingers brushing against each other, creating an explosion of tingles and happiness. She had read in a book once that just the presence of an angel could make a human giddy with joy, so she wondered what skin on skin contact would do to her. Before she could put her small hand in his, however, someone grabbed her wrist, pulling her away.

"Of course she's fine, I wasn't actually hurting her." Taehyung spoke in a deep voice, the blame clear in his voice as he questioned the angel's stupidity. Did he really think that he would torture Eunha? He had tagged along to keep her safe, not to kill her.

"You sure about that?" Hoseok mumbled dangerously as he pointed at the girl. She let out an almost inaudible whimper as she tried to twist her wrist out of the demon's tight hold. He was being a little too rough and the pained expression on her face gave it away.

Taehyung loosened his grip, but did not yet let go of her, just to piss off the angel a bit more.
"I'm warning you, demon. Leave Eunha alone right now or I will have to take some serious measurements."

"I would like to see you try, sunshine."
The two enemies stood close to one another as their staring contest continued with a round two. Their bodies were surrounded by their powers; Taehyung had black electricity and dark smoke circling around him, while Hoseok was engulfed in golden light beams and cloudy white.
They were the perfect contrast.

Unlike earlier, Eunha decided that she had to break the two apart and clear up some misunderstandings the angel seemed to have. She didn't want anyone to get hurt and all the threats were taking up a lot of time. The four had a place to be, preferably as fast as possible.

"Okay stop it." She stepped closer to the two, hand reaching out to push them apart. Namjoon noticed this and appeared next to the girl, hands gripping her shoulders as he pulled her away.

Just as Eunha wanted to protest, the man interrupted her. "Great that you want to separate them, but you shouldn't touch them when their magic is out like that. It's too dangerous, you'll most-likely die on instant and we don't want that, now do we baby girl?"

She scowled at the nickname, but didn't say anything about it as Namjoon had just casually saved her life. She was an absolute idiot for thinking she could push them apart when she could literally see the lightning wrapping around their bodies.
She still had to stop them some way though.

"Hoseok?" Her soft voice caught the man's attention as he turned to look at the short girl in confusion.

"I really appreciate that you're here to save me, but I'm fine, honestly. Taehyung was only trying to intimidate me so that he could feed, and it was also kind of my fault for stating I didn't think he was scary. I mean, he's a demon, of course he's going to want to prove wrong when someone's insulting him like that."

The angel reluctantly pulled away from the demon, "Taehyung? You're on first name basis?"
Eunha ignored the smug smile Taehyung threw her way and nodded her head. Taehyung hadn't exactly been calling her by her name, none of the men had, but she guessed nicknames counted as well.

"They are helping me. I've lost my mum to a supernatural creature and am on my way to find her. Things happened and now we're here."

Hoseok glanced at the others in doubt, "Wait, what do you mean: 'lost my mum'? And why are they helping you? They're not the type of beings to deliberately want to help humans?"

Eunha glanced at Jimin and Namjoon, who shrugged while the other motioned for her to just tell the whole story. And so she did.
After letting out a deep sigh she started with the night of her mother's disappearance, the note, the bird-signature, her trip to Eyvenor, Jimin's lie, the fight with the monster, Taehyung saving them and tagging along, them going to Namjoon, and now their journey to the east.
Hoseok listened to her every word, occasionally interrupting her with sounds of surprise, dislike or approval.

"Wait, why would Namjoon agree to help you? He's Taehyung's friend, but you're a stranger."
As the story had taken a long time to tell, the five had sat down on the ground, forming what could be described as a unique circle.

Eunha nodded her head carefully, swallowing to moisten her dry throat. "We made a deal."
The angel frowned at her suspiciously, "What kind of deal..."

"I'll help her in exchange for her blood. Once a day for as long as this journey will take."
Namjoon wore a charming grin on his face, eyes peering down at the girl who was purposely not making eye-contact. It made him grin only wider.

Hoseok let out a disapproving sound, "It's not very safe for a human to walk around with the supernatural as their company, especially not the ones that see you as their prey. Making such deal with a vampire, I'm quite disappointed, Eunha."

Said girl frowned. She had just met the angel and already he made her feel bad by scolding her. Was that fair? She did not even have much of a choice.
In his eyes it must have been different though. It was his job to protect humans, he had been assigned to help her hence why he knew her name, and now she told him she had made a contract with a vampire that he could feed on her blood.
Maybe it wasn't her smartest move, but she was pleased with her side of the deal.

"Well, I did it for my mum. Like you just said, it's dangerous for a human to be accompanied by the supernatural. She was kidnapped by a gone-evil god. At least now I have a bigger chance to find and save her." She defended herself, trying to explain to the angel what her motive was. Luckily he seemed to understand her.

"Okay. I get it. It's not very smart, but it's a selfless act to save your loved one."
Their conversation fell silent after that. Eunha glanced at Jimin next to her who had mindlessly been playing with his sleeves. When the two made eye-contact he pointed at his wrist as if showing the time.
The girl nodded in understanding, they had to go.

"Alright. I understand that you want to leave, but I'm not trusting them to look after you. They're predators, and the elf won't be able to protect you if they lose control around you."
Hoseok waved his hand in Namjoon and Taehyung's direction, showing her it was them he did not fully trust.

"You see it as your job to find your mother, I respect that, but I've been given the job to protect you from evil. I will not let you face these dangerous hardships alone."
A kind smile stretched on his face as he glanced at the others, eyes lastly resting on Eunha.
She was looking at him unsure, not exactly knowing where he was going, but kind of getting an idea.

"I'm not just talking about the demon and vampire, because from what I can tell, they are being sincere. It's the thought of you bunch facing the godlike figure yourselves that worries me. It would be like suicide; you need more help if you want to make this work."
Hoseok stood up, wings proudly stretched behind him as he smiled in determination.

"It might still not be enough, but at least we will have a bigger chance. I'm joining you guys."

~~
Ladies and gents and non-binary people, the great Hobi has arrived!
With him joining the gang there might be a bit more positivity ;)

Also, I realized that my life is a lie. I always thought I was 169 cm tall (I believe that's 5 feet 6.5 inches or something, not sure though). But today I measured my height and apparently I'm between 165 and 166 cm (it's like 5 feet 5 inches right?)
So yeah, more proof for my friends to call me shorty, smh. (the joy of having tall friends)

-BTW, I know there are people out there way shorter or taller than me, just want to clarify that there is nothing wrong with your height! You are beautiful regardless of how tall or short or 'normal' heightened you are! <3<3

Anyways, I've realized I have a soft spot for Namjoon... like he seems like such a wonderful human being and he looks really cool on stage (off stage as well), but can also be adorable, and like uughhhh.

So, how's your day been? :)

Thank you so much for reading this chapter!
I'm gonna go now, the A/N is getting way too long !
Peace out! >o--(^-^)--o<

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

558K 30.7K 47
"Taehyung, you can't touch that girl!" Tae cocked his head to the side, studying your adamant figure, that was blocking him from the sleeping girl. "...
64.2K 2.6K 23
Kim Taehyung is looking for a job to do since he got fired on his last job. Until he got a phone call from the Jeon family that they need a babysitte...
299K 21.5K 36
The Crown Prince of the Fire Fae is looking for a bride, and to find one, he'll invite the most eligible ladies to compete for his hand. Maren, a hu...
37 0 4
A long time ago there used to be peace among all species. But things suddenly changed after a vicious attack wiped out many people. Lives were torn a...