Frozen Solitude

By Shell-Shell4

Jackson Overland Pitchiner, popularly called Jack Frost, is the son of The Nightmare King. He was born on t... More

Prologue: The Nightmare Prince
VK Day
Tragedy of The Nightmare King
Twinetender
Say I Can Stay...Please
Jack Frost Is NOT Amused
Bibbity-Bobbity-Boo-Hoo!
Roommates with Royalty
Remedial Goodness 101
Tourney Trouble
Hey, Wind! Put Me Down!
Carlos, My BFF Once More!
Welcome To The Family Part 1
Two Losses in One Night
I'M NEVER COMING BACK!
The North Mountain
A Castle Made of Ice
A Heart-to-Heart Over Cocoa
The Wait Is Over
Unexplainable Instinct
The Invasion In Auradon
The Truth Hurts
The Enchantress: Mother Nature
Arendelle Withdraws
My Winter Prince
I Will Be Ready
Corona Makes a Choice
Can't Afford To Lose
New Recruits
Mission Assignment
Son of the Enchantress
Cold Fury
Crossing the Line
Into The Unknown
Frozen Heart
What Do I Know About Love?
The Tables are Turned Twice
To Be A Royal
Allies Outside Auradon
Peace Is Over, Prepare For War
First Battle
One Must Become Two
A Wedding, a Coronation, and a Quest
A Message for Auradon
The Enchanted Forest
All is Found
The Dragon Chief Meets the Beast King
Where the North Wind meets the Sea
We are Northuldra
Tragic Truth
What was Stolen, will be Returned
It's NOT Your Fault
Crossing into Atohallan
Show Yourself
Going Too Far
No Good Deed
Nothing Left to Lose
Nightlight
Soulmates
The Dark Fae Rise
Do You Hear the People Sing?
The Next Right Thing
List of Songs
Reborn
This Changes Everything
Standing Divided as One
The End Becomes the Beginning

Welcome To The Family Part 2

8.8K 197 62
By Shell-Shell4

Author's Note: This chapter was revised by crossoverLIFE19. 😊

         Everything crowds beyond the comfort limit, and I'm holding back from hiding in one of the darkest corners and curling into a ball. Everyone who passes me either looks like a threat or feels like they'd rather be insulting me than looking at me. The only other VK is Mal, the one I'm most certain hates my guts. She hovers over Ben's family, and the reminder makes me grimace. Every family of royalty probably lingers somewhere in this overgrown garden, and I don't even get to see my dad - unlike what they promised. 

          "Hey, are you okay?" Ben lays a gentle hand on my shoulder, but I still jump away. 

         Looking at the prince briefly, I try to see the sincerity to his words. I know he's one to care for everyone that lands in his kingdom, but my nerves have frayed through the day. A moment later, I finally utter, "I'm gonna find out soon." I look away from him, holding my staff to my chest as I force my feet to stay glued to the ground. 

           Moments before I see Ben moving to walk away, Fairy Godmother scurries up to one of the stage managers and snatches a microphone. 

           "Bibbity-Bobbity-Boo! Everyone, please welcome King Nicholas St. North Overland!" 

          The words send a chill to my spine, and I hold my staff even tighter. Looking ahead, the only guest that stands out is the one I least expect - or want, for that matter. Nice, Dad. You failed to warn me that Grandpoppy is bigger than a Russian soldier. The man walks around with a large grin, dressed in a winter coat and boots in mid-summer, little elves sitting on his shoulders and mocking everyone. So, his sanity is hanging on a thin thread too... That's a dangerous combo. Worst of all, tied to his hips are long sabers, glinting in the sun as he grins down at the crowd.

          "Just call me North!" He booms, with loud, belly shaking laughter.                          "OHOHOHOHOHO!"

              "Now everyone, welcome her majesty, Queen Toothiana and her husband, Chief E. Aster Bunnymund! And their little girl, Princess Sophie!"

           This feathered lady comes in squeaking and giggling. Her back is adorned with wings and, as she flits around with a beaming grin, rainbows almost seem to stream off of her. I can not see any familial resemblance, and the shock barely has time to register before someone else is walking towards FG.

            A little girl flies in, giggling almost louder than her mom as she twirls in circles. Her long, messy blonde hair whips around her face, and her big green eyes glint in thesunlight, the playful gleam brightening her smile. Her cheer almost makes me smile, no matter her connection to my family's past. I think I could get along with her.

           The next participant wipes the smile from my face. Neither Mom nor Dad liked him; the arrogant bunny that helped ban my parents to the Isle. His appearance makes my stomach tighten in a never-ending knot. Ready to sprint, yet ready to fight, I move my staff in front of me and widen my stance.

         "The Grand Crown Prince Sanderson Pitchiner, and his son, little Lord Jamie Bennet Pitchiner." 

         The last name rings into my ears like church bells during dawn. My dad's brother, the man that practically forced my parents on the path of villainy. My scowl grows, and I know anyone near me can hear the growl that ripped through my throat. A small man with blonde hair, dressed in gold. He looks the exact opposite of my dad.But the soft rustle of sand as he moves reminds me of Dad's NightMares. This is what my dad's father preferred. 

             I clench my staff tighter.

         The only thing keeping me from marching out of sight at the very moment is the next guest. Shock locks me to the floor as sadness starts to grip my knees. Jamie, my cousin, son of my loathed Uncle Sanderson...he looks like someone I only saw once...

              Emily Jane...my baby sister.

❄❄❄❄❄❄

Author's Note: Emily was a baby, so her age in picture above is inaccurate, but when she was born she had brown hair and those brown eyes. Next chapter is  a flashback of how Jack and Pitch lost Seraphina and Emily Jane. Prepare the tissues.

Hope you all enjoyed this. Please comment, vote, and share this chapter. Thank you! 🤗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 353 36
Pitch Black has raised Jack Frost since he came out from the pond, has cared for Elsa Snow since her death of an ice dagger thrown at her, and made s...
397 35 16
We know the Guardians. Nicholas St. North, the Spirit of Christmas known as Santa Clause; E. Aster Bunnymund, the Spirit of Easter known as the Easte...
74.2K 1.8K 11
Before Jack Frost and even before the 4 Legendary Guardians & Pitch, there was the first guardian made my Manny; her name, Angela. She fought the boo...
1.3K 68 11
Pitch black's main goal was always to make Jack Frost his ally , and to turn him against the guardians , but what if an incident changed all of that...