Life of the Party ✔️||Hitoshi...

By Cookie_Monster_427

"Why did you pick me up?" I asked again, Shinso pulled the car over somewhere I didn't recognize. We were in... More

~Playlist~
~Prologue~
~Chapter 1~
~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 4~
~Chapter 5~
~Chapter 6~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~
~Chapter 10~
~Chapter 11~
~Chapter 12~
~Chapter 13~
~Chapter 14~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 16~
~Chapter 17~
~Chapter 18~
~Chapter 19~
I Got Bored
~Chapter 20~
~Chapter 21~
~Chapter 22~
~Chapter 23~
~Chapter 24~
~Chapter 25~
~Chapter 26~
~Chapter 27~
~Chapter 28~
~Chapter 29~
~Chapter 30~
~Chapter 31~
~Chapter 32~
~Chapter 33~
~Chapter 34~
~Epilogue~
Other Books

~Chapter 9~

11.8K 517 406
By Cookie_Monster_427

I arrived at the roller rink after my mom offered to drop me off. Something she never does, she really must feel bad for me.

When I walk in I text Shinso that I was there. Almost immediately he replied to look to my left.

I do and find that he was already sitting on the bench outside of the rink. "Hey," I greet. I give him a genuine smile, it had been a week or two since I've last seen him.

"Hi, where's the pass?" He asked and I dig in my pocket before handing it to him.

"Are you excited for the sports festival?" My attempt of trying to start a conversation is obvious but he doesn't seem to mind.

"Yeah," he responded, "If I do good enough I could get moved into the hero course instead of general education."

I nod, "It's still gotta be pretty cool going to UA. I've never had much interest in becoming a hero but I still think they're amazing."

Shinso shrugs, "I guess they are."

We made it to the counter where we grab our roller blades and hand in our passes. After giving each one to the man we start putting on the blades.

There are a a lot of other people out there, after all it's a Saturday afternoon. I scanned the crowd for people I knew and many faces from school popped out. I just hope they don't want to talk.

Usually I'm down for a good conversation, even if it is with a stranger, but today I need a mental break. Maybe Shinso was a good choice, it's not like he'll be pestering me about Reo like Hideyo might be.

"Are you good at roller blading?" Shinso's voice cut through my thoughts and my head snapped towards him.

"I don't know, I haven't gone in a while but I have fairly decent balance," I replied, "What about you?"

"I've never roller skated before," he says and shakily stands up. Once he gets his balance he skates across the carpet in a first attempt and does pretty good. He doesn't wobble or shake, it looks like he's been skating at least a few times before but I'll take his word for it.

"Really?" I ask I start to get to my feet. I use the bench to balance myself and I almost fall a few times, "You seem pretty decent to me."

"I did one thing and it was on the carpet," he pointed out, "I'm sure hard wood will be very different."

I glanced over there just in time to see this girl fall on her but, "Yeah, but in a way it's easier. Less effort to get going."

"Then let's go try it out," Shinso said, making his was over to the roller rink. He stumbles a tad when he gets onto the wood but it's hardly noticeable.

I on the other hand grab onto the wall for dear life after loosing my footing completely. "I think out of the two of us you're better," I said as I use my arms to pull myself back onto my feet.

"I mean I can ice skate fairly decent," he commented and I realized how horrible I'm going to look compared to him.

"Yeah well that'll make a difference won't it?" I asked. I wobble a little when I first push off but it get progressively easier. I think I'm doing pretty good when this one kid came zooming past and knocked me over. However he managed to keep going despite running into me even if he stumbled just a tad. "Little bitch." I mutter.

I looked up when I heard Shinso chuckling.

"What?" I asked as I struggled to get footing to get myself up. I began to consider butt scooting across the floor and to the wall.

"Nothing, just reminds me of a show I used to watch," he commented.

"What show?" I gave him an unimpressed look, prepared for it to be a dumb answer.

"Wipe Out," he answered and I go to kick his leg but he's too far out of reach. "Resorting to violence," he observed.

"No, just stretching my legs," I replied.

Shinso rolled his eyes, "So are you just going to sit on the floor or stand up?"

"I'm dusting," I replied after hesitating for a moment. The whole time I had been trying at least a little to get back to my feet but nothing had seemed to be working.

"Yeah I bet you are," he agreed sarcastically. He offered me a hand, "Clearly you can't do this on your own."

I scoffed, "That's a rude assumption."

"Don't be so full of it, we were out here for two minutes before you fell," Shinso leaned down and snatched my hand anyway.

I plant both feet on the ground, a little unsure about how we were going to manage this. Whenever Hideyo pulled me up she always used the ground as leverage, how would Shinso do that without falling?

It turned out I was just worried for nothing because Shinso didn't need to use the ground as leverage. He was able to pull me up just fine only using his arms. "Thanks," I said when I was back on my feet.

Shinso dropped my hand, "Yeah, now let's try and get at least one lap around before you mess up again," he said.

Shinso rolled away almost expertly and I watched for a moment before following. I wasn't able to catch up, not until he stopped and waited for me.

"You take forever you know that?" Shinso asked as I finally made it to him.

"Too bad, either get over it or teach me," I replied, I was expecting him to scoff or roll his eyes but his response caught me off guard.

"Fine, I'll teach you, just try and focus," he narrowed his eyes slightly, "I don't usually have much patience."

I raised my hands in mock defense, "I'll do my best."

Shinso started, "I don't really know what I do, but I know you're doing it wrong."

"That's helpful," I said sarcastically.

"Just try and push off from the ground instead of trying to walk normally," He instructed.

I did this and it worked better, I definitely needed more practice but I preferred it over my previous methods. "I think I'm getting the hang of this," I push off the ground once more and crash into the wall due to not being able to turn fast enough.

Shinso skated over smoothly, "You were saying?"

"I did just fine with balance, I just... didn't turn," I replied in an arrogant tone.

"So you forgot how to turn?" Shinso mocked.

"I was doing it just fine before, I just got carried away," I defended, my arrogant tone left my voice and I held onto the wall for balance as I struggled to stand.

"Whatever you say," Shinso said sarcastically.

"Any other professional tips?" I asked giving him an obviously forced smile.

"Don't fall and turning is very necessary," he instructed before rolling away elegantly. Why does he have so much balance? It's not fair.

I whined internally as I struggled to follow. I wobbled every few movements and fell at one point. This time instead of helping me up Shinso just chuckled lightly and judged me from a distance.

It took a few minutes for me to finally get to where Shinso was waiting. It was clear he found my feeble attempts at roller blading very amusing.

He didn't say anything right away, instead he tried to hide his small grin, "That was below my expectations."

"Really?" I asked, I didn't believe him, he seemed to have exceptionally low expectations for everyone.

"Yeah, you did really bad," he said simply.

"I blame your teaching more than I blame myself," I replied immediately.

"Maybe it's my teaching that's defective, maybe it's you," he retorted.

"Maybe neither is defective and it's just the skates," I offer as some sort of peace offering.

"That just sounds like an excuse," he said, before crossing his arms.

"It's not," I defend, why did I think trying to stop the argument was going to get either of us anywhere. It's not like it was hurting anything anyways.

I went to roll away so my word would seem more final. I was expecting a lot of wobbling from being unbalanced but I didn't think one small movement would make my feet roll out from underneath me.

I prepared for impact, this time I wasn't falling on my butt so it would hurt a bit more. I tensed my body but the impact never came. Instead I felt a strong grip on my bicep and it took me a moment to realize it was Shinso.

So I'm going to make some changes. (Not to this book so don't worry too much.) I'm not very proud of my Kirishima Fanfics so I'm deleting them. But then the next fanfics I'll do are Sero and Kirishima.

When I finish the Kaminari book I'll start the Kirishima one and then when I finish this fanfic or when I'm close to the end I'm going to start on the Sero one.

I'll keep the Kirishima fanfics up until September 1st so if you want to read it you have almost a month to read it.

If you guys don't like that I'm deleting I'm sorry, take screenshots or something. I just don't think they're very good. Both the books went way too fast and have really dumb plots. (Well I think so at least)

Thanks for reading this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 2.9K 60
I was 19. He was 22. It was meant to be a fling. But it turned out to be much more. After all, a fling is temporary , a baby is forever.
70K 1.6K 15
(previously known as fight for family) In which a girl must do anything and everything in her power to protect her children from an evil witch that t...
408K 10.1K 125
Y/N is the daughter of the villain Dabi, and is determined to move past her father's expectations. She runs away from her abusive father, and finds...
97.3K 2.7K 21
Y/n grew up with a quirk that wasn't that good. She was in class 1-C, she knew that she wouldn't get into the Hero Course. Ever since Middle school s...