Star Light

By GeekyChick0223

When Europa Gilbert gets the call that Jenna Sommers, her maternal aunt, had died from Sheriff Forbes, she ru... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter One: Welcome Home
Chapter Two: Settling In
Chapter Three: Big Bad Wolf
Chapter Four: Self Defense Class Works
Chapter Five: Gloria's Bar
Chapter Six: Suicide Is Not Easy
Chapter Seven: The Jig is Up
Chapter Eight: Cheeky Little Hybrid
Chapter Nine: Story Time, McDonald's
Chapter Ten: Forced Fear
Chapter Eleven: A Bloody Love Story
Chapter Twelve: The Sacrifice Play
Chapter Thirteen: Adulting to do
Chapter Fourteen: Europa Has Moved and Changed Her Name to Tiffany
Chapter Fifteen: Conspiring in the Classroom
Chapter Sixteen: Girls Night Out
Chapter Seventeen: Story Time, Originals
Chapter Eighteen: Reasoning Out of Compulsion
Chapter Nineteen: Witchy Shock Therapy
Chapter Twenty: Bye Bekah
Chapter Twenty-One: Here's Jeremy!
Chapter Twenty-Two: He's Terrifying Because I Trust Him
Chapter Twenty-Three: Psychopaths, the Lot of You
Chapter Twenty-Four: Like I'm Gonna Lose You
Chapter Twenty-Five: Tiffany's
Chapter Twenty-Six: Magical Brain Condition
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Plotting Against a Psychopath
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Romance Revenge
Chapter Thirty: Jealousy and Mother of the Year
Thirty-One: Too Far
Thirty-Two: Taken
Thirty-Three: Unlikely Alliance
Thirty-Four: Rescue
Thirty-Five: The Sheriff's Office
Thirty-Six: Two Ricks'
Thirty-Seven: Vulnerability
Thirty-Eight: Plot Under Plot Under Plot
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Dream or Reality?
Chapter Forty: Wanted, Dead or Alive
Chapter Forty-One: M.I.A
Chapter Forty-Two: Transition
Chapter Forty-Three: Fenrir
Chapter Forty-Four: Goodnight, Saigon
Sequel

Chapter Twenty-Eight: Keeping Up With the Supernaturals

24.6K 788 352
By GeekyChick0223

A/N: I'm on hour 16 of being awake right now after performing for the entire freshman class twice. Love the college marching band. But I figured, I won't be miserable tomorrow morning if you all read and leave comments, so here you go!

When I got home, I expected to be able to have time to plot against Crazy Rick, but instead, I found Damon and Stefan waiting for me. "No," I told them immediately as I walked into my house, setting my things down on the counter. 

"Oh, come on Big Gilbert," My eyes narrowed at the nickname. Did he want my help? "Klaus loves you and we are negotiating tonight. You being there could help Elena." 

I stared between the brothers. Stefan looked like he didn't care what happened, which was pretty typical for him, Damon looked at me with puppy dog eyes. "Fine, but if I agree to this, then I speak on Elena's behalf." 

"Deal." 

Thankfully, Damon drove us to Klaus' manor. I had no desire to be in a car that Stefan was driving ever again. I was seated in the back seat, still in my work clothes. What I need was to figure out what was going on with Rick, not be dealing with some stupid dinner in which Stefan and Damon fought over my sister. 

Who neither of them deserved. Stefan just tried to kill her, Damon kept hurting her. 

To be fair, Elena wasn't a saint either so maybe one of them did deserve her after all. But I still didn't like it. 

We pulled to a stop and all of us got out of the car, walking to the front door. "So, we're meeting Klaus and the older brother, Elijah, tonight?" I asked curiously. 

Damon hummed in affirmation and knocked on the door. The door opened and I smiled upon seeing I wasn't the only one in a suit. This must be Elijah. "Niklaus, our guests have arrived." 

I grinned at the full name, I was so going to use that on Klaus at a later date. "Hello, we haven't met, I'm Europa, Elena's older sister." 

"Elijah, an absolute pleasure to meet you, Europa. My brother speaks highly of you." Elijah said with a smile, kissing the back of my hand. 

Klaus chose that time to make an appearance, grinning at me, "Europa! Good to see you alive and well," I inclined my head with a polite smile, acknowledging the sentiment, "Damon. Stefan. Elijah tells me, you seek an audience. Very bold. Let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilized men, and woman, shall we?"

"It's better to indulge him," Elijah informed us with a somewhat bored glance shot at Klaus. 

"I didn't come here to eat, Klaus. Fact, I didn't want to come here at all. But I was told I had to cause you would hear us out." Stefan grumbled angrily. 

I looked at him in disbelief. This little shit didn't get to say anything about not wanting to be somewhere after he kidnapped me and nearly drove me off a bridge. "Well, we can sit and eat or I can reach down your throats and pull out your insides. You still have to pay for nearly killing Europa. The choice is yours." 

Everyone shared nervous glances, an awkward silence falling. Clearing my throat, I forced a smile on my face. "Well, I am famished." I walked for a seat, which happened to be next to Klaus. He pulled the chair out for me, which I was sure to thank him for, and pushed it back in. 

A waitress pours us all some wine and I immediately start to eat, enjoying the meal. "Thank you, love," Klaus says to the waitress. I glanced over at him, pausing my chewing momentarily before continuing. "You lost your appetite," Klaus said to Stefan, who wasn't eating. 

Damon glanced at his brother with a sharp glare, "Eat. I thought we agreed that we would leave the grumpy Stefan at home." 

"That's the spirit. Isn't it nice? Five of us dining together? Such a treat. Is this what you had in mind when you pulled the dagger from my brother?" Klaus asked Damon snidely. 

Oh dear lord, this was going to be another episode of Keeping Up With the Supernaturals. Damn it. And to think I could be plotting against a serial killer right now. Christmas passed me up this year. 

"Well, I know how he felt about you, so I figured the more, the merrier." Replied Damon with a playful wink at Elijah, who didn't look at all amused by anyone here. 

Shrugging, Klaus looked at his brother with a smile before looking back at Damon smugly. "Well, Elijah and I have had our share of quarrels over the century. But we always make it through."

"Kind of like you and Rebekah, right?" Stefan asked. I stiffened and looked down, pushing my food about sadly, "Where is she, by the way? Last I checked she was still daggered because you were afraid to face her." 

Narrowing his eyes, Klaus smirked at Damon, "If you're referring to the fact that Rebekah knows I killed our mother, I've already come clean to Elijah." 

I was missing Serial Killer plotting for this? "Hey, Stef, remember when you killed dad? Might want to dial down the judgment until dessert." Damon admonished his brother. 

Scowling, Stefan looked at Damon angrily, "We're here to make a deal, Damon. Doesn't mean we need to kiss his ass for seven courses,"

"I'm just saying we have a long evening ahead of us. Pace yourself." 

At that, my eyes narrowed. They were plotting something. 

Everyone was plotting something these days. 

"So, Europa, what do you do for work that you wear a suit?" Elijah asked, redirecting the conversation. 

Looking up, I smiled happily, "I'm a designer for NASA. I work on designing the rockets and stuff like that." 

At my answer, Elijah looked impressed, "Incredible, how old are you, if I may be so bold, you don't look above the age of thirty." 

I didn't end up answering the question, Klaus beat me to it. "She's twenty-two. Working on her doctorate right now, aren't you love?" 

"Yeah, up at MIT. I've taken a break so I can take care of Jeremy and Elena for the time being. As their guardian." 

The room went silent. "I'm sorry for your loss," Elijah said awkwardly as we all recalled why I was my siblings' guardian in the first place. 

I cleared my throat and shrugged, "It's fine. Wouldn't be the first time I lost a parental figure. What did everyone do today?" 

"Plot," Klaus answered. 

Stefan and Damon shrugged, "Hid a coffin." 

"Freshened up after being in a coffin." 

Why did I ask that question? 

Klaus saved me and turned the conversation to Stefan, "Stefan. Where is the lovely Elena tonight?" 

Stefan's face went blank and he looked at his brother, "I don't know. Ask Damon." 

Elijah and I had similar faces of confusion. I mean, I get why Damon would know more than Stefan, but I feel like there's more to it than that. Klaus laughed at his brother's confused look, "I'm sorry, you've missed so much. Ah, trouble in paradise." 

"What happened with Elena and Damon?" I asked, carefully reigning in the protective big sister.

When neither Salvatore answered me, Klaus grinned, "They kissed, Darling." 

Before I could react, Stefan glared at Klaus, "One more word about Elena and this dinner's over."

Looking around awkwardly but furiously avoiding my gaze, Damon chuckled nervously. "You know what, probably best just to keep Elena in the do-not-discuss pile." 

"You're probably right," Klaus said with a chuckle. 

"Yeah." I nodded instantly. I really did not want my sister discussed by a bunch of men over one hundred years old. 

Of course, Klaus listens to no one but Klaus and finds a way to talk about Elena without talking about Elena. "It's just the allure of the Petrova doppelgänger, still so strong. What do you say, brother? Should we tell them about Tatia?" 

looking at his brother, Elijah sighed, "Now why should we discuss matters long since resolved?"

"Well, given their shared affection for both Elena and Katerina, I think our guests might be curious to learn about the originator of the Petrova line," Klaus said with a grin. 

Confused and knowing there was an obvious story, I smiled at Elijah, "Well, we're not going anywhere Elijah. Please, do tell."

Klaus stiffened. Yeah, he totally forgot I was there and was now regretting his decision to talk about Tatia. 

"When our family first settled here, there was a girl named Tatia. She was an exquisite beauty. Every boy of age desired to be her suitor, even though she'd had a child by another man. And none loved her more than Niklaus." 

At that, I looked at Klaus in shock. I don't know why I was jealous of a girl long dead, especially since Klaus and I weren't really a thing. Or maybe we were. What were we anyway? Oh god, I sound like a teenager. 

"I'd say there was one who loved her at least as much." Klaus deflected back to Elijah, he shifted in his seat.

"Wait a minute. So you both loved the same girl?" Asked Stefan, intrigued by the parallels in the story already. 

Why was this basically an episode of How I Met Your Mother?

"Our mother was a very powerful witch. She sought to end our feud over Tatia and so she took her. Klaus and I would later learn that it was Tatia's blood that we consumed in the wine on the night where our mother performed the spell which turned us into vampires. Tatia wouldn't make a decision between the two of us, so for a time Niklaus and I...grew estranged. Harsh words were traded, we even came to blows, didn't we, brother?"

Now I wasn't looking at anyone, just silently eating my meal. Why did stupid Damon have to bring me? I should have stayed home and plotted. Taking down a serial killer sounded like much more fun. 

"But in the end, we realized the sacred bond of family," Klaus said. I felt his gaze on me but I refused to meet his gaze. 

"Family above all." Elijah toasted. 

We all raised our glasses, cheers to that. "Family above all." 

"So, why don't we move this evening along and discuss the terms of this proposal?" Elijah asked. 

Damon smirked, "That's very simple. Klaus gets his coffin back, in exchange, he and the Original extended family leave Mystic Falls forever. Me, Stefan, and Elena live happily ever after. No grudges." 

I made a face at that. I may not like Elena being Klaus' blood bag, but from what I gathered the two of them fighting over her was almost just as dangerous. In fact, I'm pretty sure more people died there. 

"The deal sounds fair, brother."

"I don't think you understand. Elena's doppelgänger blood ensures that I will always have more hybrids to fight those that oppose me. I will never leave her behind." Klaus said, getting up to pace. 

I scowled. I didn't like either proposal.

"Let's say I do leave her here, under your protection, what then? How long before one of you turns her into a vampire? Or worse, how long before she dies caught between your feuding? You see, each one of you truly believes that you're the one that can protect her, and that is simply a delusion. Gentlemen, the worst thing for Elena Gilbert is...the two of you." 

Well, I may not like Klaus' end goal, but he had a good point there. I chuckled and took a drink of my wine, glaring into the cup. 

"I'm gonna get some air," Damon said. 

Elijah followed Damon out, leaving just Stefan, Klaus, and I. Almost just like Chicago. 

I missed Becka. 

"All this talk has made me thirsty," Klaus said, motioning a waitress over to him. "What do you say Stefan? Can I interest you in a little after-dinner drink?" 

"Do you pay them or are they just there?" I asked curiously, tilting my head. 

Looking over at me, Klaus grinned, "Generously, and with a large Christmas bonus."

Klaus fed and didn't stop until the girl was dead. I had to look away. It had been a little bit since I had seen someone feed until death, I forgot how sickening it was. "Delicious. Aged to perfection."

"Well, I guess the only reason you agreed to this evening, Klaus, is to drive a wedge between me and my brother," Stefan said angrily. 

I shook my head at Stefan. He really got nothing from the story about Tatia. "Oh no, you're doing that well enough on your own. Because of Elena, you're gonna lose your brother and you'll only have yourself to blame." Klaus pointed out. 

When Damon and Elijah entered, the older Salvatore looked at the Original fanged puppy. "What do you say, Klaus? It's time for you to put something on the table. We've made our offer, now you counter." 

"Okay. I offer Elena's future happiness. You see, what she needs right now is to be rid of you lot. And to fall in love with a human, maybe that nice football player, you know the blond one?" Klaus pointed out. 

He kinda had a point. Elena would never be happy with the Salvatores because they were vampires. She wouldn't ever want to be one. 

"Matt Donovan? Really?" 

"I actually kinda support the idea. I know her better than everyone here. She has always wanted to be a mom, she couldn't be truly happy as a vampire and neither of you could give her children. Elena with a human isn't a bad idea." I said from where I sat, swirling my wine in my glass.

Klaus smiled, his hand resting on my shoulder, allowing me to relax. "Yeah, why not? They'll marry, live a long and fruitful life, and pop out a perfect family."

"And continue the Petrova bloodline. Every few hundred years, you'll have a new doppelgänger to drain and never run out of hybrids, right Klaus?" Stefan asked with narrowed eyes. 

I huffed and set my drink down. If my sister was not a doppelganger, life would be so easier. "Consider it a small return on my investment in her well-being. See, after you hand me back the coffin, I'll ensure her safety for the rest of her natural life. You know it's what's best for her." 

Walking towards Stefan, Klaus smirked, "So, what do you say Stefan, hmm? Do we have a deal?" 

For a moment, my jaw dropped as I thought Stefan would actually do what's best for Elena and not for the Salvatores. Damon did too but his reaction was more negative. "What are you doing?"

"Nice try, Klaus. But no deal." 

In an instant, Klaus had Stefan on the ground and his arm in the fireplace. I shot out of my seat in shock, my hand going to my mouth and nose as the smell of burning flesh filled the room. "What are you doing?" Damon asked in shock. Both of us shared a concerned glance, "Stop!" Damon ordered. 

"Now, bring me my coffin before I burn him alive." Well, that's one way to get what you want.

Nodding, Damon backed out of the room, "I'll get it."

Klaus looked at his brother, "Go with him, brother. You keep him honest. And when you return, I will make good on my promise to you and I will hand over our family." 

Klaus and Stefan were talking but I wasn't listening as I nervously twiddled my thumbs, working out math equations in my head just to keep from thinking about the situation I landed in. Thats when Damon and Elijah came back with a waitress who was holding a silver plate. "Elijah...why haven't you left?" Klaus asked, suddenly suspicous. 

"Where are you manners, brother? We forgot dessert." Elijah said with a smile. On the silver platter were two small daggers. Meaning Rebekah was awake almost definitely! 

I grinned happily at the thought of seeing Bekah again when Klaus spoke up, killing my grin. "What have you done?"

"What have you done? You see, I've learned not to trust your vulgar promises, Klaus. We're doing this on my terms now." 

A young man enters the room. He had an easy smile and mischief laid in his eyes. "Kol." Klaus said in shock. 

Kol wore clothes that probably dated back around a hundred years ago. Meaning, he was in a box for a long time. "Long time, brother." 

Another man entered the room and stabbed Klaus through the hand. This man had even older clothes looking around seven to eight hundred years old if I had to hazard a guess. "Finn, don't!" 

That's when I saw Bekah and I grinned, "Rebekah!" Klaus said in shocked fear. 

Like the Queen she is, Rebekah stabbed him with a dagger, "This is for our mother." After she pulled the dagger out, she turned to me and grinned. "Europa!" She said happily, hugging me tightly. 

"Bekah!" I said, hugging her back, "I would have taken the dagger out, but I didn't actually know where in the house you were and I was dying yesterday. It's been busy, we should meet up and talk about it." I told her softly. 

Grinning, the blonde nodded, "Absolutely Darling." 

Elijah spoke up from where he was. "You're free to go. This is family business." He told Stefan, Damon, and I. 

I worriedly looked at Klaus, who gave me a small nod before I hugged Bekah again and left the house. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92K 2.6K 44
𝐋𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞, A girl turned weapon, obtaining an insatiable desire of knowledge. Desperate to hold the worlds secrets in the palm of...
16.9K 576 45
One kiss changed everything. After defeating Dahlia thanks to the devious minds of Jessica Gilbert and Klaus Mikaelson, Jessica was excited to finall...
73.8K 1.9K 45
Jessica Gilbert was normal.... if you looked past the fact that she was a tribrid but that was easy since only a handful of people knew. Her life cha...
216K 6.8K 38
Despite knowing what she was in for, she made a choice to help the Crescent Wolf Pack, believing that it could bring the prosperity and peace they'd...