Difference

By garicksons

A story of teenager Adonis, living with post traumatic stress disorder, as well as a world of other issues in... More

Disclaimer
1. I like your shoes
2. Teen Connection Club
3. Skylar & Braheim
4. Guitar Playing
5. American Oven
6. The R Word
7. Facetime
8. Christmas Eve
9. Merry Chrithmath
10. Bad, but Fun.
11. CN Tower
12. Dread Head
13. Email
14. Bitch
15. Creative Writing
16. Keith
17. Party
18. Pineapples
19. Pills
20. Six Years Ago
21. I like you
22. Abstinence
23. Breathe
24. Micheal
PSA: dont do this
25. Ice Cubes *TW*
26. Cookies
27. Frozen
backstory
28. Her
29. Ali-bi
30. Freaky
31. Sneak
32. Bruise
33. Loud
35. Argument.
36. Back Home
37. Comfortable
38. Sidechick
39. Fight
40. Grow
41. Dinnertime
42. Advice
43. Drinks
44. Emotions
45. Sick
46. Abrasive
47. Meeting.
48. Family
49. ♡ Valentine ♡
50. ♡ Valentine pt 2 ♡
51. NYC (Final)
Epilogue: 5 years later
New Books
Q&A
Happy Fall ;)

34. Swishers

22.1K 1.5K 1.2K
By garicksons

I'm happy that last chapter was well received. I was nervous to post it.

Adonis»

"You get the first one." Farrah said, placing my grilled cheese in front of me. It didn't look like my mom's grilled cheeses...but that's a good thing. She'd made a few of them, but she still wasn't eating.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs from the basement, before Eden and Adam entered the kitchen.

"I smell something...we coming to make sure everything is okay up here." Eden said.

"Everything is fine. You want a grilled cheese?" She asked him.

"If there's enough,...for my fr- boyfriend and I." Eden said. I noticed Adam smile, before covering his face.

"There's enough for everyone." Farrah said, handing both of them plates.

"Appreciate it. Aye..we gon give y'all your couple time and shit, but we hitting a party tonight. You two are welcome."

"Oh. Maybe." She said.

"Cool, give it a thought. Adam let's go downstairs..I'd hate to intrude on their lil moment."

They returned downstairs, leaving Farrah and I in the kitchen.

Finally, she grabbed a plate of her own and sat with me at the table.

"You want to go to that party?"

"I don't know if parties are for me..."

"I know, I know. I just figured maybe it would be different if we were there together."

"I guess it would. What do people even do at parties?" I asked her.

"Dance, drink, smoke, whatever you're into." She shrugged.

"Is that what you do at parties?"

"I don't go to many. I'll dance, I've smoked a few times."

"Oh..is it fun?"

"It's okay." She chuckled. "Why, did you wanna get high tonight?"

"Did somebody say get high??" Eden said, coming back upstairs.

"Uh..."

"I wasn't snooping, I forgot my phone. But aye, y'all tryna get high?"

"I don't know.." Farrah said looking at me.

"Why not?" I shrugged.

"Aye, whatever y'all decide to do...there's weed in my drawer. Don't smoke all my shit unless you gonna pay me." He laughed, grabbing his phone and heading back downstairs.

Farrah and I looked at each other for a moment.

"We don't have to go to the party if you don't want."

"I don't think I do."

"I understand, we can just stay in tonight. I have no problem being alone here with you." She smiled.

"Yeah.."

"And it sounds to me like you were really down to get high." She laughed.

"Maybe."

"Alright Adonis, since you're so bold. We can smoke later..for now I just wanna chill. Watch movie or something."

"Every time you say watch a movie, we never really watch a movie." I said to her.

"Is that a problem?"

"Definitely not."

"Good. Cause I was thinking...well..we'll talk about it later." She chuckled.

-

Eden »

It was getting late, so Adam and I got dressed for the party.

"Does this belt go with this shirt?" I asked Adam, looking in the mirror.

"Nigga the party is gonna be dark. Who cares? Is your brother coming?"

"Nah probably not. Him and Farrah will most likely be upstairs doing god knows what."

"Shit, I'm tryna be down here doing god knows what-"

"Adam- let's go ahead and leave out." I said, spraying myself with cologne and heading up the steps.

"Can we actually walk in together this time, or you gonna be weird about it?" Adam said following me upstairs.

"Adam, you already know what I'm going to say to that."

"I just was thinking you were getting more comfortable. You called me your boyfriend upstairs...you've never called me that."

"That's because I felt comfortable. At a party..I don't think I'd feel as comfortable."

"I figured that." He sighed.

"One day. I promise you Adam."

He rolled his eyes.

I decided to leave it alone for now, and grab my car keys.

"Adonis! We're leaving!"

Silence.

"Don!"

"What?!" I heard him yell from upstairs.

"Come downstairs and lock the door!"

"Uhh I'm busy..!"

"Nigga just come down for a second to lock the door!"

"I'm doing something!"

I looked at Adam, and he shrugged.

"Lemme find my key, Adonis is being weird."

-

Adonis »

Within minutes of Farrah and I getting upstairs to watch a movie, she was on her knees in front of me.

Just when we were getting close to finishing, I heard Eden yelling from downstairs. Usually I'd just run down and lock the door, but this time...I had priorities.

By the time he left, our escapades had come to a satisfying end.

"You could've said you were in the shower or something." Farrah chuckled, climbing into the bed with me.

"I couldn't think straight. Do you think I made it obvious?"

"Not necessarily. But he knows somethings up."

"Oh well." I shrugged.

"If you don't care then I don't." She laughed.

It was a lot to say that Farrah is one of the  best things that has happened to me..but I really do feel that. Before being with her hardly anything made me happy, I didn't like talking, and hated being touched. She makes me feel comfortable with the world.

It was more than us being physical with each other, it was her pushing me out of my comfort zone just enough to enjoy myself, and not too much to the point where I'm overwhelmed.

"Farrah."

"Yeah?"

"I'm..happy we're together."

"I am too. Even though to be honest..I would've never seen us together. Considering how shy you were."

"I didn't either. I never thought a girl like you would even look in my direction. I thought you liked Eden."

"Well for a while I did..."

Wait, what?

"You did? You liked Eden?"

"Well just for a little. That was before I got to know you Don." She said, grabbing my hand.

"But...remember when I asked you? I asked you if you were friends with me because you liked him. You said no Farrah."

"That's not the reason I became friends with you." She said sitting up. "I only liked him for a while, it's not a big deal."

"Farrah I just-"

I was cut off by her kissing me.

"Relax. It's not like that."

There was something slightly upsetting about learning that Farrah indeed did have a crush on Eden when we became friends. No matter how much she assured me that's not why she started talking to me...there was some doubt in the back of my mind.

"You're mad. I can tell." She mumbled.

"I'm not."

"I like you a lot. I'm not interested in Eden in the slightest."

"I know Farrah."

"So don't be mad." She said frowning. "I'll be right back."

She climbed out of bed and walked out of my room.

She soon returned with a few things in her hand, one being a small baggie, a lighter, and another plastic package I didn't recognize.

"What's that?" I asked as she sat on my bed.

"Swishers." She said nonchalantly.

"For?"

"Us to smoke. Didn't you want to do that?"

"Oh..yeah.."

"If you don't want to that's cool."

Whats the worst that could happen? Eden gets high all the time. He just eats snacks and goes to sleep.

"Let's do it."

a/n:
short chapter cause I been busy! the next will be out soon.

this chapter was obviously transitional/filler type stuff. still hope you enjoyed

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

breathe By nnooks

Teen Fiction

1.5K 96 11
A story about a girl and her world that revolves around the concept of love despite her fear of it.
293K 15.2K 24
typical highschool love story
282 27 30
COMPLETED- Angela has suffered from mental depression and disorientation ever since her mum died, she is constantly abandoned and nobody is ever ther...
1.6M 24.4K 76
Love. As 'beautiful' as love can be it hurts and bleeds. If you're unlucky you may even love the very person you know you can't have. The best friend...