BTS IMAGINES

By Mariapabo

❝the power of imagination makes us infinite.❞ This is one of those books to read when you can't sleep at nigh... More

Jungkook - Somebody else
Yoongi - crush
Jungkook - i'm here
Jimin - tough day
Yoongi as your brother
Taehyung - Tease (pt.1)
Jungkook - new student (pt.1)
Jungkook - new student (pt.2)
Taehyung - Tease (pt. 2)
Jimin - i'll hug you
Bts - first encounter
Yoongi - paperboy
Hoseok - gone
jungkook - highschool (pt. 1)
Yoongi - Valentine's Day
Jin - ex
Jungkook - highschool (pt. 2)
Jimin - memories
Jin - amusement park
Jungkook - highschool (Finale)
Namjoon - cold hearted
Jungkook - highschool (alternative ending)
Hoseok - different
Jungkook - boyfriend
Taehyung - fond
Namjoon - brother series
Yoongi - regret
sm - jungkook
Jimin - complete
Jungkook - suprise
Sm - taehyung
Jin - partner
Hoseok - neighbor
LIT
Jungkook - suprise (pt. 2)
Taehyung - guilt
Namjoon - shopping
Jimin - umbrella
Jungkook - hidden feelings
sm - hoseok
Jin - nightmare
Yoongi - apologize
Bts - past life (pt. 1)
Taehyung - hurt
Bts - past life (pt. 2)
Jimin - sick
Jin - enemy
Bts - past life (pt. 3)
Jungkook - left out
Yoongi - tree
Jungkook - Christmas special
Namjoon - cheer up
Hoseok - friend
Taehyung - look alike
Jimin - cinderella
sm - jin
Taehyung - pretty
Jungkook - drink
Bts - past life (pt. 4)
Yoongi - secret
sm - taehyung
Hoseok - brother series
Bts - past life (pt. 4.5)
Jungkook - tomboy
Taehyung - graduation
Namjoon - stay
Namjoon - baby
Jimin - gift
Bts - past life (pt. 5)
sm - jimin
Yoongi - why me?
:)
Jin - movie
Taehyung - grateful
Hoseok - care
Jungkook - bestfriend
Namjoon - dear moon
Bts - past life (pt. 6)
Yoongi - brother series
Jimin - shoelace

Bts - past life (pt. 7)

659 16 4
By Mariapabo

Please look at the end of the chapter for a note :)

_______

Swinging her sword with one hard blow, the wooden dummy broke into pieces on the ground. Minju was breathing heavily.

"I think that's enough." She stated, feeling her body ache. She's been practicing in the palace garden for about six hours now. Her face and clothes were covered in dirt, something a princess shouldn't be presented on.

The weather was perfect outside and the sun was out, together with the freezing air. "I should head back." She mumbled to herself, walking through the garden. She used her sword to help her walk, for her body could no longer carry her weight.

"Well hello lovely!"

Coming to a halt, the princess stood frozen of the sight in front of her. Out of instinct, she hid behind a random bush beside her. Taehyung was on his knees, talking to a pink tulip with a smile on his face.

She watched him secretly. Well isn't this déjà vu. She thought, finding this scene familiar.

"You must be lonely, being the only tulip in this area." Taehyung pouted, sad. The tulip stood against all the other flowers but none of them were the same kind as it. "Where are your parents?"

Minju scoffed behind the bush. She knew he would just feel bad for the lonely flower. She didn't know why she cared so much about the situation. "I knew it—"

"You're a special flower!" Taehyung exclaimed with a smile. "That's why you're the only tulip here. You're the most beautiful tulip I've seen!" The prince rested his face against his palm. "You may be lonely, but that's what makes you so special, yeah?"

She just stared at the scene with a blank face but her eyes told otherwise. Without realizing it, she stood up.

"Huh? Minju?"

Having a major epiphany, minjus eyes widened as she felt herself nearly fall. She used her sword as a support again and scolded herself for being caught. Exquisite job minju! She put her sarcastic thought away, and acted cool.

"What?" She tried her best to coldly reply.

Taehyung noticed how tired she looked as his mouth hanged open, but couldn't think of anything to say. "What are you doing here?" He asked, trying to have a conversation. He wanted to talk to her. Well especially because it's been a while since they talked.

Minju looked away. "I was just heading back inside."

"Oh..." Taehyung looked away as well. The silence was killing the both of them. They both had many things to say, but they just didn't know how to start.

"My...my apologies for being so rude to you the last time we talked." Minju looked at him. "I am positive that you were hurt." Her face wasn't evident with any emotion, Taehyung came to learn that it was how the princess was all the time.

"It's okay. I wasn't that hurt. I understand." Taehyung smiled. He motion his hand towards himself. An action telling the princess to come closer. "Come here."

Hesitating, Minju slowly walked to the prince. She was in confusion and didn't know what to do. She stopped when she was in front of him. With eyes following his every move, the princess watched as he took out something from his pocket making her grow curious.

A piece of cloth was in his hands as he started wiping the dirt off her face.

Her eyes widened. Not because she was angry, that was a feeling that wasn't present in the moment. Her stomach felt like it was turning. She's never felt this feeling before.

"You practice too hard." He whispered, his touch soft and full of care. "Don't overwork yourself."

She just stared at him.

When he was done, he stepped back and took a good look on her face. He grinned. "You still look pretty no matter what..." He mumbled.

Nevertheless, the princess heard it. "Excuse me?"

He ignored her and leaned down, picking up the pink tulip from the soil. He held it in front of her. "Here." He offered, a smile never leaving his face.

She looked at him puzzled. Confusion was obvious in her features. It surprised her really, she had no control over the situation. It was as if the prince casted some spell into her. Minju didn't like how she felt so vulnerable in the moment. "What?"

"It reminds me of you." The prince said, mentioning the flower. "Special... and beautiful."

The princess hated to admit that she felt her heart soften. The new feeling made her extremely confused. She took the flower from his hands and looked at him. "Your actions... are appreciated." She thanked awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

"It's freezing today." Taehyung faced her. "I suggest you wear your winter attire."

________

"Really?" You questioned in surprise, curiosity taking over you. "You really challenged that eunjoo girl to a bread eating contest?"

Jimin let out a laugh, finding it funny at how curious you looked. "Yeah! She accidentally made too much so we just ate them all." The prince bursted out in a laughing fit remembering yesterday's contest.

"Well who won?" Hoseok asked, taking part in the conversation as well. You three walked amongst the palace, heading towards the stables.

Both of you eyed Jimin as he thought hard. "Neither of us, actually." He shrugged. "Now looking back at it, we just ate a lot of bread and laughed at how we looked." The boy said, smiling to himself. It was indeed a splendid time with his new friend. Well, it's been a few weeks, but Jimin enjoyed her company a lot.

Seeing that smile, your eyes automatically turned to Hoseok who was already doing the same thing to you, smirks plastered on both of your faces in a teasing matter. Best friend things.

"What?" Jimin innocently questioned and stopped walking, seeing his brother and his best friend giving each other playful looks.

You and Hoseok stopped walking as well as a poker expression was placed on both of your faces after knowing that Jimin wasn't getting the hint. "Oh nothing." Hoseok huffed in disappointment.

With a confused Jimin and a frustrated Hoseok, you noticed a lonely figure in the corner of your eye making you turn to face them. After realizing who that person was, your eyes lit up as you let out a wave, trying to gain their attention.

"Yoongi!" You called before running towards his direction. Both of the princes beside you looked at you with wide eyes.

"Y/n you can't do that!" Jimin tried calling you back but it was no use. He knew his brother well. No one bothered to start up a conversation with the 2nd prince. He was always a loner. A person who would rather be by himself. And if anyone approached him, it wouldn't end well.

"We need to stop her!" Hoseok told his brother beside him, though he knew you couldn't be stopped. He could only hope his older brother wouldn't be so hard on you.

Hearing someone call for him, Yoongi looked around, a puzzled look on his face. He turned his body around only for his eyes to widen.

You could hear Hoseok and Jimin gasp from the distance, heck— even a mile away. They were too shocked to process what you just did.

Yoongi forgot the feeling of being hugged. The feeling of warmth he felt. Hugs were given to a person to feel cherished. To feel like they were needed. A feeling he doesn't come in contact with often. The prince would lie if he said his heart didn't ache a bit.

Not from sadness, no.

But from happiness, and relief.

Head resting on Yoongi's chest, you could feel the boy tense in your touch. He wasn't much of a hugger so he basically just stood there having no clue what to do.

The hug lasted for about a few seconds before you pulled away, a smile on your face. "What're you up to today?" You had questioned. "Hoseok, Jimin, and I are heading to the stables to practice horseback riding. Would you like to join?" No answer came out of his mouth as he just looked at you with shock in his eyes.

No one had ever talked to him so casually before.

"Y/n!"

Hoseok yelled as he and Jimin ran towards the both of you in panic. Puzzled onto why they looked so scared, you just stared as Hoseok's back faced you, standing in between you and Yoongi.

"My apologies brother." Hoseok bowed towards him. "Y/n's a bit different after she lost her memories, yeah?" He reasoned out.

Hearing someone else's voice, Yoongi's eyes shifted away from where you stood. He looked at Hoseok, his eyes turning back to it's blank state. "No worries." Yoongi finally spoke. "The princess was actually asking me if I wanted to join you three at the stables."

Hoseok and Jimin both turned towards you in surprise. "You did?" They questioned you in unison. You nodded in response from behind, Hoseok blocking your vision of Yoongi in front of you.

It seems like the two brothers didn't know how to respond to that. They already knew that the second prince was going to decline. It was just a matter of telling you that he was going to say no. However, before one of them could speak—

"I would love to join." Yoongi smiled. He smiled.

Hoseok looked at his brother, completely off-guard. His eyes shifted towards Jimin, who was giving him the same expression. Then he looked at you, who wasn't fazed by the situation at all.

"Great!" Your booming voice cut off Hoseok's thoughts.

_______

Jungkook longingly stared at the sunset. Pink and orange hues bursting out in the sky as the sun screamed bright yellow. The palace field sure displayed that well. The sun was leaving, for the moon to arise.

He remembered it then. Remembered watching the sunsets with ara. Remembered all the secret kisses they would give each other before they had to go pretend again. Those moments were just like the sun right now.

Those moments were temporary. They left him.

No matter how much he tried. The heart squeezing pain in his chest just never seemed to go away.

He felt so overwhelmed, yet empty at the same time. He would spend his nights crying, praying for the pain to stop. Getting flashbacks of what he did to his brother, Jungkook only sighed.

He thought putting out his anger would ease the pain. He thought screaming to the world and blaming no one else but himself would ease the pain.

But it didn't. It made the pain even worse. Suffocating even.

It made him feel like he was drowning. The constant feeling of wanting to breathe. Wanting just the tiniest bit of relief, the relief of knowing that you're going to be okay.

He didn't know if he was going to be okay. So instead of trying to find a way out of the deep ocean of his feelings, he brought others to drown with him.

The image wouldn't leave his head. Him punching his brother out of rage. He was still angry, but not as much as before.

But then Jungkook thought, what did Seokjin hyung even do?

He wasn't there for you when you needed him. That's what he did. A part of him answered. The continuous anger that never seemed to stop. Never seemed to stop wanting revenge.

He never cared for you. Ignored ara's death. Refused to tell father—

Oh.

That's why.

"He wanted to protect me." Jungkook uttered, eyes slowly growing wide in realization. "He knew... what dad would do to me."

He felt the pain in his heart again.

Even if he did care about you, that's no excuse to the fact that he did nothing to help ara. The angry side of him argued. Jungkook felt a surge of rage once again, clenching his fists.

But what did you do Jungkook? You did nothing but sorrow after her death. Another side of him spoke. A softer voice, almost sounding sad.

The prince felt himself deflate. Felt himself agreeing with his other side. He was doing it again, blaming others.

Laughters echoed in the field, catching Jungkook's attention. The princes eyes wondered around, trying to look for the source of all the laughters.

The princes eyes widened when he spotted you, Jimin, Hoseok, and Yoongi racing horses. His eyes widened even more when he found out that the laugh was from Yoongi.

"Your horse is peeing Jimin!" Yoongi exclaimed in the distance with a big smile. It seems that you and Hoseok could not stop laughing as you watched Jimin embarrassingly sit on his horse, the animal urinating.

Jimin screamed out of embarrassment, causing the others to laugh even more, if possible.

"Well that's a rare sight."

Jungkook turned to his left, awkwardly clearing his throat when he realized it was his brother Seokjin a few feet away from him. He hasn't spoken to him since their fight.

"Yeah.." the younger scratched the back of his neck, not knowing what to say. "It isn't everyday that you see Yoongi hyung smiling, right?"

Seokjin slowly walked towards him until he was right beside him. His older brother stared ahead at the group, who didn't seem to noticed them. "Right. It felt like yesterday when we first met him."

Jungkook remembered meeting Yoongi for the first time when they were kids. The king introducing his new brother to everyone. He was excited really. But Yoongi was always hard to communicate with. Heck— he couldn't even remember the last time he had a decent conversation with the second prince.

Silence enveloped the two princes. Nothing but the laughters of the royals in the background and the sunset that was almost gone.

"I'm sorry." His brother suddenly apologized beside him. "I know how much Ara means to you and I want you to know I did it because—"

"You wanted to protect me." Jungkook finished for him, facing the older. "If dad found out he would've done something horrible to me right? For breaking the rules?" He had a small smile on his face, almost like he was reassuring his brother that it was okay.

Seokjin didn't say anything, like he was waiting for him to continue.

"Even if you did tell dad, there's nothing he could do to bring her back to life." The younger let out a breathless chuckle. Jungkook noticed that slowly, a few stars started to appear in the pink sky. "I blamed you for doing nothing, when I didn't do anything myself."

"Don't say that." His brother argued. "What could you do? It isn't your fault Jungkook. It's mine." There was sadness in his voice. Jungkook observed how his eyebrows were furrowed, an action his brother would always do when he was deeply concerned.

It went silent again. And maybe, this was the tiniest bit of relief that Jungkook needed.

"Remember when we found you swinging on the grand chandelier when you were five? You kept screaming that you could fly." Seokjin suddenly spoke. A small laugh leaving his lips.

This made the latter smile. "I really did feel like I could fly." He laughed with his brother. "Remember when you finished Namjoon hyung's birthday cake all by yourself? You made him cry."

The sun was almost gone now, the barest hint of light shown. It was finally saying goodbye.

"Of course. And I don't regret that one bit." Seokjin proudly stated. "Except for the huge stomach pain after. I threw up that cake for days." This made the both of them laugh. The tension in the air long gone as it filled with laughters and nostalgia.

Maybe like the sun, Jungkook had to say goodbye.

And maybe like the laughter he was feeling right now with his brother, he was going to be okay.

He could feel himself being pulled out of the ocean, finally able to breathe. This was what he needed.

The pain in his heart was slowly leaving, and Jungkook knew, that he was going to be okay.

_______

You watched Hoseok and Jimin ride their horses a few meters away from you.

"Let's race Jimin-ah." Hoseok stated, a look of pure determination in his face that honestly looked funny instead of intimidating. "Loser has to help with cleaning horse poo for a week."

This made Jimin's eyebrows rise as he scoffed playfully, a cocky smile on his face. "Oh you're on, hyung."

After a very intense (not so intense) countdown made by Hoseok, you watched in awe as the two princes raced, the both of them looking very set on winning. Their figures moved farther and farther away. You sat on top of your horse, staring at the playful race. The sun had fully set as the sky filled with oh, so beautiful stars.

"Do you even know how to ride a horse properly?"

You squeaked, jumped at the sudden voice. You turned around to see Yoongi on top of his horse holly.

Oh. It was just the two of you now.

Not bothering to wait for a reply, the 2nd prince got off his horse and walked towards you. Holly remained well-behaved and stood his ground, watching his owner walk towards you and your horse. It made you wonder about the bond Yoongi and holly shared. It was almost as if they both understood each other, without a word even being said.

Yoongi was beside you now. "You don't know how to ride a horse, do you?" He made eyes contact with you, his gaze intimidating you.

Despite the cold weather, you felt your cheeks heat up in embarrassment. It was unknowingly true. You've never rode a horse before, so you mainly hoped that either Hoseok or Jimin would help you out (which never happened) so instead you were basically just sitting on top of your horse the entire time. If your horse made the smallest movement, you would freak out, not knowing how to stop it.

Already aware the answer, Yoongi sighed. "It can be dangerous riding a horse and not having the knowledge on how to ride it, princess. You could have gotten hurt."

You don't know why, but you could feel yourself shiver. Butterflies? No y/n. It's just cold out, that's why. You have no idea what's gotten into you lately. Even the smallest action, the smallest hint of care Yoongi would do to you affected you so much.

And you couldn't figure out if it was in a good way or a bad way.

It was almost as if your throat was clogged, because not a single word left your mouth. "Oh.." was all you could utter.

Suddenly, you felt a pair of hands hold yours. Your cheeks reddened even more (if that was even possible) when you saw Yoongi holding either one of your hands and guiding it to the horse's rein.

His hands are cold.

"And yours are warm." The boy replied.

You shrieked, in a fit of embarrassment. Did I actually just say that out loud?

You immediately started rambling, heat rushing up to your cheeks by the second. "Your hands aren't that cold! I mean that's a good thing since it means you aren't freezing— but still! You should really wear more layers of clothing because you could get frost bite—"

You stopped talking.

He's... laughing?

Innocent, wholesome, butterflies were some of the words best to describe your situation right now. There was something about his laugh that made you feel all sorts of things. Sorts of things you couldn't quite put your finger on.

Yoongi continued to laugh, his hands no longer holding yours.

"I-I'm sorry..?" You confusingly stated out. Not knowing what to do.

"No it's just.." the prince spoke in between his laughter. "You're cute." He expressed, not aware of what he just said due to his fit of laughters.

Your eyes widened, a small smile crawling it's way up to your face. "I am?" You asked. Your voice was tiny, feeling flustered with his sudden confession.

Yoongi stopped laughing. He looked to the ground when his face came to a look of realization. He had a bitter look on his face and he almost looked ashamed. He covered his mouth, a look of regret evident on his features.

Your stomach dropped.

"I didn't—" Yoongi didn't know what to say.

Silence.

But then, you remembered your talk with him that night. That night when he admitted he felt unwanted. That night when it all made sense to you onto why he was acting the way he was. He's been shutting everyone out all his life. You knew that he was scared of letting his walls down. He was just afraid.

"Yoongi," you spoke suddenly. A warm, gentle smile on your face. "it's okay."

This caught the boy off guard as his head whipped to your direction. He stared at you with a look you couldn't really decipher. Was it shock? Sadness? Assured?

Despite his stare, you continued to give him a look of warmth. Your eyes telling him that you understand.

There was something so different, almost irritating about you that Yoongi couldn't ignore. He hated how you make him feel. It wasn't there when he first met you. He's spent days, weeks frustrated trying to figure out when exactly was it when he started seeing you so differently. But maybe, like a plant, this feeling inside of him was just slowly growing without him knowing and it's grown so much to the point he's overwhelmed.

And so, he does what he does best when he's overwhelmed. Shut people out.

But no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't help but want to see your obnoxious smile again. Couldn't help but want to give you dumb pastries when you're sad again. Couldn't help but want to return your dumb hairpin that you lost again. To see you looking at him with that stupid look of warmth that made him feel so—

so in love.

Yoongi paused.

I'm in love with her?

Yet despite the times where he would unintentionally shut you out, you never left. You were patient with him.

And it was at that very second, when Yoongi realized how he truly felt about you.

You noticed how he wasn't responding, so you spoke. "I guess we better head back, it's getting dark."

It seems as if Yoongi's brain had stopped working. He had so much to say, yet not a single word, a single utter, made it's way out of his mouth.

Yeah, you are cute.

________

Namjoon, freshly out of his relaxing bath, was walking through the corridors of the palace. Humming a catchy tune while drying his hair with a towel. It was lights out, not a single candle lit. Everyone in the palace was asleep.

He's barely seen any of his siblings today. He's been running errands all day. Yeah— Seokjin was the oldest. But ever since he was little, it was him that did all the duties. Namjoon wasn't complaining though. He would love to be king one day, to lead.

Namjoon's brows furrowed in confusion when he spotted Myungju. Just by looking at his body language, it didn't take a genius to figure out that the boy was trying to be secretive, constantly looking around and attempting to hush his movements.

Huh? Namjoon noticed that Myungju was holding a bag. It looked awfully full, items rustling non-stop as the suspicious boy tried faltering his movements to cause less noise.

The fourth prince cleared his throat a little too loudly, catching the guards attention.

Myungju froze, but almost immediately regained his stance and turned around. His expression calm. "Your highness." A ninety-degree bow, and a professional smile.

"Would you inform me onto why you're roaming the palace corridors that only the royals and royal guests may place their foot in?" The prince's voice was stern.

Their surroundings were dead quiet. So quiet that you could hear even the smallest of pins drop.

Still remained in his bow, the guard answered. "I received an urgent task to deliver some supplies and decorations from the storage room. My apologies for taking the short cut your highness. It will not happen again." He stood up right. Namjoon saw how his expressions as blank, finding it hard to read him.

"Supplies and decorations for what may I ask?"

This made the guard breathlessly chuckle. Namjoon did not like that.

"Have you forgotten your highness? The king's birthday is due in only a few days. The biggest celebration of the entire year." Myungju stated, arrogance in his aura. "Perhaps you have been too occupied with your duties to recall your own father's birthday, am I wrong?"

Namjoon remembered when father praised Myungju. Talking about some random guard like he was his own son. This made him clench his fists. He had always been the type to keep his emotions to himself. No matter how stressed, sad, or angry he was, he would never take it out on someone else. But this Myungju guy is making it a little hard for him.

Nevertheless, the prince controlled himself. After a sharp inhale, he replied. "You are right, I am extremely busy. So much so that I've almost forgotten my dads birthday." He empathized, looking at the guard straight in the eye. Practically glaring at him. "But what's important is that I remember now, is it not?"

The latter stared at him, looking impressed. "It is, your highness."

"May I see what's in the bag?" Namjoon questioned. He didn't know why exactly he felt the need to ask. He was told that it was just supplies and decorations after all. But he just had this gut feeling, that something was wrong.

Myungju raised his eyebrow, almost in a challenging way. "Of course, your highness." Dropping the bag to the ground, the guard kneeled down and opened up the sack to reveal it's contents. Namjoon eyed the items with a suspicious look.

It was just decorations.

"See prince?" Myungju looked up at him, a cocky smirk on his face. "Nothing to see here."

However, something caught Namjoon's eye.

"What are those swords for?" The prince asked, noticing the swords placed under the decorations. As if they were hidden. 

Namjoon's words had no effect on him, for his calm and cocky aura remained. "Sword dancing." The guard answered. "There will be multiple performances for the king. And one of them will be sword dancing."

Studying the items on the ground, Namjoon took note on how everything had a theme color of red. Well, it was father's favorite color and red would be the theme every single year leading up to now. Even the sword handles were a customized color of red.

And that's when he saw it.

Just barely visible, laying under all the red swords, was a single black sword. It could have been for the main performer to stand out. But there was something mentally itching Namjoon. Something in the back of his head telling him, warning him, to keep that small detail of information in mind.

"Very well." He sighed. "You may go now."

Gathering all the items, Myungju closed the bag. "Yes, your highness." A ninety degree bow once again. Coming up from his bow, his eyes met Namjoon's.

The prince was giving him a look. Almost as if he was telling him I know you're up to something.

Myungju did nothing but smirk.

_______

One, two, three, four.

Eyes screwed shut, Minju tried her best to control her breathing. Yet, not matter how hard she tried, air couldn't make it's way inside her lungs. Her chest started to hurt from the inability to breathe.

"Breathe my minju-ah, mommy's right here."

Her hands covered her ears as she harshly pulled her hair, hands shaking. The blood pounded in her ears, wanting nothing but to make it stop. It was one of those nights.

Five, six, seven.

The princess was all huddled up in the corner of her her pitch-black bedroom. She couldn't think. Her mind screaming at her with a cacophony of thoughts, of memories. She didn't even notice she was crying.

"Minju is scared of the dark isn't she? Poor thing."

She was dizzy. It was getting harder and harder to breathe.

Eight.

"Don't worry Minju! Just count to ten, and mommy will be there to save the day!"

The girl was shaking uncontrollably as she whimpered. Her forehead was covered in cold sweat, trying her best to ground herself.

Nine.

"Really mommy? You'll save me?"

She pulled her hair harder.

"Of course, Minju. I'll always be there for you."

Then she saw it. Felt it even. The tsunami of dread, the inability to speak, the vulnerability. Her stomach dropping and figure frozen at the sight of her parents, dead in front of her. The horrific sight of them getting killed. Minju was so young. Blood. Blood everywhere.

Ten.

"Shut up!" Minju finally let out a scream.

Like a switch, everything stopped.

No more thoughts, no more flashbacks.

And at the same time, a knock was heard on her door. The girl flinched at the noise, still shaking. Who would be knocking on her door in the middle of the night?

Not fully taking in the situation, Minju tried her best to stand up. Her legs were terribly aching due to the intense training she gives herself everyday. Still the princess was able to just barely walk to the door with trembling legs.

Using the door as leverage, Minju opened the sliding door. She expected the person on the other side to be a palace maid. Maybe to return her freshly washed clothes? It was lights out though, no maids were allowed inside in this hour. Maybe it was—

Minju froze, eyes widening.

It seems as if the person in front of her froze as well, mirroring her. Well, except for the hand mid-air, a sign to show that they were about to knock again. They both stared at each other for a good ten seconds. That's when Minju processed how she looked like right now.

Dressed in her sleep wear, the princesses eyes were incredible sore. Hair messy (quite resembling a birds nest), and hands covered in the usual wounds and bruises. She looked both mentally and physically exhausted, which she was. She would never let herself be seen like this. She looked weak and helpless. And she would never want to present herself as weak and helpless.

Especially not in front of Taehyung.

"I uh—" Taehyung started, bringing his hand towards his neck to scratch it awkwardly. "I heard someone crying and wanted to check up on them. I didn't expect it to be you, I'm sorry for disturbing you."

Minju didn't know what to say as she just looked at him. Usually by now, she would've slammed the door on his face. Shutting him out for seeing her like this. But why wasn't she?

"I know I'm the last person you want to talk to right now," He continued, his eyes meeting hers. "But why are you crying?"

Her breath hitched.

It's been a while since she's been checked up on.

She felt a pang on her chest, her heart aching. There was something about Taehyung that made Minju feel so alive. He made her forget about all the bad things she's done, made her see new perspectives. He made her feel like she wasn't a bad person.

Even though that's all she's ever felt about herself.

Minju felt it again. Vulnerability. But—

Perhaps being vulnerable is alright? No Minju.

Maybe just once, she could take the risk. Just once, she was allowed to relish in someone else's warmth. Just for once, she could ask for someone's help. Just for once, even for a second, she could try to trust someone again.

Taehyung noticed how long it was taking for her to answer. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked—"

The prince startled as he felt a head lean on his shoulder. Looking down, Minju's face was hidden in between his neck and shoulder area, quietly letting out sobs as her tears flowed from her eyes freely.

Taehyung's arms wrapped around her fragile figure without a second thought. He immediately took note on how she trembled uncontrollably and how cold she was. This made him hold her tighter, hand coming up to caress her hair while the other held her waist. The prince rested his nose on top of her head.

"It's alright.." He comforted, stroking her hair. "I'm right here."

For some odd reason, Minju just couldn't stop crying. Almost like she was letting out all the pain she's endured for years.

She thought it felt nice, being embraced like this.

It felt nice, being embraced by Taehyung.

"I—" The girl tried her best to speak. At this point she didn't care. This is Taehyung we're talking about, she knew he wouldn't judge her. "I don't know what to do, Taehyung."

The prince's brows furrowed in confusion, keeping her close to him. "What do you mean? Did something happen?" He asked, concern and care evident in his voice. If anything bad happened to her, he would always be there to help.

As her tears continued to fall (staining his clothes) Minju shook her head. "No... it's just—" she sobbed.

"I'm a bad person."

It was just a whisper. A little mumble. But Taehyung heard it, and it his expression immediately softened.

"Minju, look at me." He called, breaking the hug and holding her by her sides. It seems that the only thing the princess was capable of doing was to stare. Because that's all she ever did. Stare. She never did anything about everything. Just like when she found her parents dead. Minju did nothing. Nothing, but stare.

And that frustrated her. So, so much.

Taehyung's never seen her like this. She would always keep up a strong front. But seeing her like this, lifeless eyes, tear stained cheeks, Minju looked so exhausted.

And Taehyung wanted nothing but to make her smile, kiss the tears away, and make her feel better.

When their eyes met, they both knew there was so much they wanted to explain to each other. And if they did it slowly, with time, they could.

"You are not, and never will be, a bad person." The prince assured, certain with what he was saying. "We may not know each other that well, but I know that you wouldn't do anything to hurt others. You wouldn't hurt me right?"

Taehyung examined her expression. It looked like she was contemplating something. Almost as if she wanted to say something so badly.

But nothing came out of her mouth.

"I would never." The princess ended up saying. "I care about you a lot Taehyung, please remember that. If I do anything that hurt you, I am so deeply sorry."

Taehyung didn't know why she was telling him this. It did make him feel enlightened that she said she cared about him. But there was something off about the last sentence.

The prince smiled. Minju couldn't help but grin back. Ah, there's the smile I've been waiting for. Taehyung thought. "I care about you a lot as well Minju." He hugged her once again. Minju didn't hesitate to lean into the touch this time. "I'll always be there for you."

And that made Minju almost, almost, tell him that she was Myungju's sister.

_______

You had recently heard that it would be father's birthday in about two days? You weren't quite sure what Jimin told you. Well, reminded you, but since you lost your memories, he let it slide.

The air was freezing as you decided to take a morning walk alone. Ever since Ara's death, you refused to get another personal maid. Telling father that you could handle yourself. Besides, no one could replace Ara.

The scent of nature always calmed you. You smiled in delight, watching the cherry blossoms sway in the chilly wind. You were walking around the outskirts of the palace where no one really visited. You had discovered this place only recently, and today was the perfect morning to explore it.

It was nice really, being able to take a breather like this alone. Well, you did run away once. But you were really stressed then.

Strolling down the path, you admired the delicate pink flowers on the cherry blossoms in silence.

Not far in the distance, you spotted a large gazebo. The first thing that caught your eye was the incredibly detailed roof. Curved shingles layered on top of one another as they were the color black. The roof's soffit displayed a light shade of green whilst the rather thick pillars remained red. The structure looked old, for the colors on the gazebo were faded.

That wasn't the only thing that caught your eye though.

Yoongi, was seated on the floor at the center of the gazebo. It looked like the was painting something, his expression tranquil.

You didn't know if you wanted to approach him. The prince looked calm, and you didn't want to disturb that. Besides, he prefers being alone doesn't he?

Deciding to leave the prince alone, you turned around. Ready to make your way back—

"Princess?"

Coming to a halt, you felt your heart jump at the voice.

"What are you doing here?"

Turning around slowly, your eyes met Yoongi's curious ones. He had stopped painting and instead gazed at you. You could only peer back, his gaze making you nervous.

Fiddling your fingers, you let out a tense chuckle. "Morning walk." You answered with an awkward grin. You looked to the ground, the sudden inability to look at him in the eye.

Yet his eyes never left you. Those two orbs holding a certain emotion that you didn't understand at the time.

"The sky is rather cloudy today." A tilt of his head. "But I, too, prefer gloomy weather over the sunny ones."

With a smile, you nodded in agreement.

You hesitated before you spoke. "What are you doing?" You questioned, the materials surrounding Yoongi catching your attention.

The prince motioned you to come towards him. With cautious movements, you climbed the few steps up, slightly lifting your hanbok to make sure you don't fall.

Finally being able to take a look at all the items displayed on the floor of the gazebo, your mouth gaped in awe. Various of different pigments— paints you could say, were placed in tiny plates. Beside them unveiled a row of all the different types of paint brushes, organized from the biggest to smallest. On the prince's other side, multiple canvases for his scroll paintings stood on top one another. You spotted one canvas facing down.

"So," you started, plopping down beside him. The prince didn't seem to mind. "What were you painting?"

The prince remained expressionless but you swear for a second he was caught off guard.

"It was nothing." Yoongi shrugged it off, picking up a new thin canvas and placing it down in front of him. He unconsciously placed the upside down canvas beside him, almost as if he didn't want you to see it's contents.

You didn't really care, and instead watched him pick up a brush. He dipped the paint brush in a dollop of pink paint, then proceeded to skillfully paint across the canvas.

"I didn't know you could paint." You had spoke all of a sudden amidst the silence.

The boy let out a nonchalant shrug. "It's just a hobby of mine." As he continues to paint, you realized he was painting the scenery before you. The delicate cherry blossoms, the cloudy sky, and the flower-covered paths all coming together. "I like being here and painting helps me relax. This is actually my secret place you know."

Your eyes widened, your frame instantly feeling so small. So you were invading his privacy. "I'm so sorry— I shouldn't have gone here. You're fond of spending time alone aren't you?"

Not taking his eyes off the canvas, the prince replied. "Yeah I do," he nodded in agreement. "But I quite enjoy your company, so you can stay."

Oh.

You had stiffened up, feeling hot even though you wore multiple layers of clothing. Stomach filling up with butterflies, and a heart that couldn't contain itself.

Together with nervous laughter, you spoke. "I actually can paint, too." Trying your best to hide your blushing fit, you had said the first thing that came to mind.

Yoongi stopped all of a sudden. Perhaps it was because of the cold weather, but his cheeks grew a tint of red. This made you look at him, wondering if the Yoongi was really blushing or not.

"Do you.." he spoke softly, hesitation evident in his voice. His head slowly turned to look at you. "Maybe want to paint with me?"

You stared at him, mouth gaped open. This all felt like a dream somehow.

A looming feeling took over you. One that you couldn't describe. You were surrounded by your favorite things, yet why were you getting a sense of agony? You questioned if this was even real.

Though with the lack of light in the gazebo and the clouds covered sun, Yoongi's eyes were sparkling.

There were stars in his eyes.

You amiably smiled, nervousness from earlier long gone as you gazed at the prince. Maybe something inside you knew that you had to treasure this moment. Because moments like these, moments with Yoongi, made you feel safe. "I would love to." You answered.

That smile. Yoongi thought, slowly losing himself as he wondered how pretty your smile was.

He wanted to capture that sweet puzzling beauty of your smile.

After handing you a blank canvas, the boy watched as you picked up a small paintbrush. You eyed the canvas in front of you, hand on chin as you were so focused on brainstorming ideas.

After not being able to think of anything, you turned to Yoongi, who was peacefully painting beside you. "What should I paint?" You asked.

The prince halted his movements and thought for a second. "Whatever comes to your mind." He expressed, mind focusing back on his painting.

Without a second thought, you spoke. "You."

You froze, fully taking in what you just said. It seemed that Yoongi stiffened as well, his eyes wide.

With frantic and exaggerated hand movements (out of embarrassment) you tried your best to explain."I-I didn't mean it like that! It's because y-you're right beside me and I couldn't think of anything else!"

This is so embarrassing, oh my god.

"No worries." Yoongi assured. The prince chuckled, his eyes smiling. "You can paint me."

He seems a lot more comfortable than last time. You thought, eyeing the smiling boy. Unlike before, he was not longer afraid to show signs of joy.

Nodding, you started to paint with the prince focused on his painting as well. You began by preparing the paint, mixing multiple colors to create a new one. You were concentrated, determined to make this painting the best one you've made yet. Your mind was at ease, making effortless strokes on the canvas.

After a quiet moment, you caught the faint smell of trees together with dusty wood, a calm energy embraced the atmosphere.

You don't think you've felt nearly as calm as you do now since you got here. You were always worried, stressed, pressured. You've ran away, had breakdowns, screamed your frustrations out to the universe—

But right now, right in this moment, you felt at peace.

You and Yoongi sit side by side, the faint noises of birds chirping and leaves ruffling accommodating you two. Cool, gentle winds brush your hair, tousle Yoongi's, and flutter the cherry blossoms.

The both you painted in absolute silence (regardless of the sounds of nature), with the cherry blossoms in front of you, and the large lake behind you, carrying the mountains that went above cloud level.

After many minutes of silence, "Darn mist." The prince mumbled, cursing ahead of him.

You followed his gaze, to see your surroundings beginning to cover with mist. Hiding the scenery partly, giving Yoongi the inability to paint.

"There is a lake behind us, no wonder it's fogging up." You emphasized. Turning around, you watched the lake slowly surround with mist, the multiple boats by the shore slowly getting covered.

Huh? As you continued to examine the lake, you discovered there wasn't a dock. Those boats couldn't have been for the fishermen.

Yoongi slumped, catching your attention and dismissing your thoughts. You saw the slightest pout on his lips. "But I was nearly done."

Trying your best to hide your smile, you resumed your painting. "I mean, it would've been easier if you painted me." You shrugged, half joking and half serious.

"No."

You turned to the unexpressive prince in shock. "No?" With a playful grin, you questioned.

He pressed his lips together, shaking his head. "No."

"Wow." You exaggerated, dramatically placing your hand to where your heart was. Your facial expression shifted into one of pain. "It hurts Yoongi. It hurts so bad." You jokingly wailed, the atmosphere light-hearted.

The prince did nothing but roll his eyes, with slow smile working it's way across his face and into his eyes.

Yoongi's ears perked up when he heard you gasp. His expression immediately hardened, alert and ready to fight. His first thought was keeping you safe. So when his eyes shifted to you—

"It's snowing!"

With curiosity and slight confusion taking over his brain, the prince turned to where you were looking. Light and soft droplets of snow descended from the clouds, tiny white crystals easy to depict compared to the growing darkness in the gazebo.

You sat on your knees now, not even noticing you changed your sitting position due to your overwhelming excitement. "It's actually snowing!"

Yet the prince paid no mind to it, for the fascinated look on your face stole all of his attention.

You couldn't even remember the last time you saw snow. Wasn't it a few years ago? You weren't quite sure. But you really loved it every time it snowed. Snowflakes softly landed on the ground, giving it a fresh coat. The cherry blossoms slowly covered, branches and flowers layering up with the snow fall. You watched in amazement, totally immersed in the scene before you. It was indeed beautiful. Your eyes visibly lit up. "Look Yoongi! The snow is already piling up!"

But Yoongi wasn't even looking. He was too busy staring at you beside him.

You wished you hadn't turned to catch his gaze when you were met with silence, because the affection Yoongi's eyes displayed was something you weren't ready for.

At that moment, it felt like time had stopped.

Two souls staring into one another, with neither of them wanting to pull away. It was as if your eyes held the world in them. And Yoongi wanted nothing but to join in with you.

Yoongi trusted you. More than he would like to admit.

Your hair was slightly ruffled due to the wind, bare-faced, and eyes staring deep into his. You looked absolutely beautiful.

You almost found it shocking how you didn't immediately turn away after meeting eyes with Yoongi. You expected to go to your usual blushing fit, embarrassed and the inability to look at him in the eye—

But this was different. He was always nonchalant, found it difficult to express his feelings. But right now, his eyes held in so much, so much emotion. Yet you couldn't figure out a single one.

You tried to read him, eyes searching for anything in those brown orbs. His eyes were telling you something, but you couldn't figure out what it was.

And that's when you realized, that you always tried to read him. No matter how long it would take, you wanted to figure him out. Because you knew that Yoongi was a good person inside. The two of you did have a rough start, and you will admit you didn't have the best first impression of him either. He was rude, avoided everyone, would always glare—

Even so, you came to learn that he wasn't like that at all.

And you also came to learn, how you truly felt about Yoongi.

I'm in love with him, aren't I?

With the soft sounds of snow reaching the ground, it felt like an eternity before Yoongi had broke the eye contact. His eyes looking at the ground and mouth forming a fake cough. 

You had awkwardly looked away as well, looking anywhere except the boy beside you.

But then, a scoff. "It's that even me?"

Yoongi referred to your painting. It was as if all the tension from earlier was gone as your cheeks heated up. "I-it isn't even done yet!" You covered the canvas with your hands. Your small hands barely hiding anything in the semi large canvas.

The boy put his hands up on his chin in a teasing manner. "I didn't know I had such bushy eyebrows."

"I-I said it isn't done yet!"

He hummed in understanding, which made you even more embarrassed.

"Just you wait." You huffed. "I'm going to make this so realistic that you'll have to paint me in return as a thank you."

From the corner of your eye you saw him pick up a blank canvas, quickly painting something.

You watch him in confusion only to see him hold up the canvas with the funniest sketch. It was messy, but you saw the smallest traits of yourself. From your hairpin, to the angry look in your face.

You bursted out laughing.

Yoongi had started laughing as well. It was the type of laughter that made you feel giddy. The type of laughter where your stomach started to hurt.

"That could be a meme." You blurted out, giggling.

In between his laughter, Yoongi asked in confusion. "Meme?"

"Yeah." You answered, pointing at the painting of you, the eyebrows furrowed in anger. "It's like, when someone eats the last bite of food."

You saw Yoongi's eyes light up in realization. "Oh I get it! A meme." He turned his painting over to himself, staring at it. "Would you mind teaching me more of this meme?"

Despite the freezing weather, you felt warm.

"Of course." You grinned, picking up a blank canvas.

It was then when you felt something shift between you and Yoongi. You didn't quite know what it was, but you did know everything was different now.

Unlike anything you've ever known.

________

Hi guys. I'm aware of how long it's been. And I will start this message by saying that I am deeply, genuinely sorry. For the people who send me messages, checking up on me, I sincerely thank you all so so much.

First of all, I am back because I plan on finishing the past life series. At the moment I don't think I will post more imagines unless I feel like it. I have many drafts and I'll try to finish them for y'all.

Second of all, yes I'm still an army. My love for bts will never change :)

Writing had always been my escape. I found it as a way where I could express myself, to have fun. I'm so grateful that there are actual people out there who read my work. Honestly looking back I have no idea why I stopped writing. But I do know why I didn't continue. I avoided it because I was growing up you know? I think I just needed time. A break. And so, I did.

But as you all know, the corona virus hit and my mental state wasn't the best. Now, I will not use mental health as an excuse for leaving you all. This book was starting to look like a memory for me. Like it was something I used to do.

After not updating for 2 years, I didn't think anyone would care. But seeing all your guy's messages and comments really made me think otherwise. And for that, I just wanted to say thank you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Doesn't matter if you're an old reader of mine or a new one, thank you for reading this book.

I'm not usually the type to be serious. As you all know I'm quite sarcastic but I really feel like I owe everyone an apology.

I love you all so much and thank you for being with me :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

598 39 21
Missing BANGTAN ? Read these imagines to feel a bit good ! :) . . ✧˖°🌷📎⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ . . This book includes : A bit smuts Fluffs Snapchats Angst And...
13.4K 199 35
Collection of Imagines... Suga fans unite!
1.7M 40.6K 200
Status: COMPLETED Rating: 14+ (due to mildly suggestive scenes) DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14 ‼️DO NOT STEAL/REPOST MY IMAGINES‼️ All fo...
4.6K 55 15
These are x member (and solo) oneshots of Suga/Yoongi! This book includes smut, angst and fluff. This book is completed!