HIDDEN โ”€ marvel

By solobarnes

"Did you find that life you wanted?" "I did. And it was beautiful." โ”€ BOOK 2 of the FALLEN WARRIORS SERIES โ”€... More

SUMMARY
PART I: BLACK PANTHER
I. Very Wise
II. Two Similar Souls
III. The Assassin, The Genius, & The King
IV. The "Catch Up" List
V. A Pure Soul
VI. King T'Challa
VII. Prove Me Wrong
VIII. New Toys
IX. The Young Lion
X. South Korea
XI. Doing What's Right
XII. Killmonger
XIII. Escape
XIV. Walks Through The Forest
XV. Jabariland
XVI. The Black Panthers
XVII. For The Future
XVIII. A Better Wakanda
XIX. California
XX. The Chosen One
XXI. The Graves
XXII. New Positions
XXIII. Brainstorming
XXIV. Ferris Bueller
XXV. Taking A Chance
XXVI. White Wolf
PART II: INFINITY WAR
XXVII. A Time For Healing
XXVIII. I Dreamt Of You
XXIX. Where's The Fight?
XXX. The Battle of Wakanda
XXXI: Thanos
XXXII. The Snap
PART III: ENDGAME
XXXIII. Aftermath
XXXIV. First Trip To Space?
XXXV. Five Years Later
XXXVI. Olivia Barnes
XXXVII. Star Spangled Man
XXXVIII. The Older Sibling
XXXIX. Hope
XL. Big Brains
XLI. It Worked
XLII. The Time Heist
XLIII. May 21st, 1942
XLIV. The Way You Look Tonight
XLV. Bring Them Back
XLVI. What Happened?
XLVII. The Battle Of The Universe
XLIX. The Ultimate Sacrafice
L. Whole Again
LI. The Morning After
LII. Part Of The Journey Is The End
LIII. A Beautiful Life
NEXT SEQUEL: SHIFTER
NEXT SEQUEL: SOLDIER
ONE SHOT BOOK: HEROES
NEXT SEQUEL: FALLEN
NEXT SEQUEL: LEGACY
LAST SEQUEL: EVERMORE
TALES FROM FALLEN WARRIORS

XLVIII. The Gauntlet

2K 111 40
By solobarnes

Chapter Forty-Eight
Soroya

As the canons fire down onto the battlefield, I watch in terror as our army gets blown to bits. One blast comes near Alex, who shifts into a mouse just in time and hides under a piece of wreckage.

Some of the sorcerers put up protective shields above us, but blasts still slip through. One flies down towards Bucky, so I grab hold of him and shove him out of the way. When the blasts hits the ground we both get flown back, making me fall on top of him on the ground. I let out a couple of coughs, trying to get the dirt out of my lungs. I touch Bucky's face gently. "Are you okay?" I ask quietly, still trying to breath.

He nods, brushing a strand of my hair back. "You?"

I push myself off of him, extending my hand out to him and helping him back onto his feet. "I'll be fine once this is all over."

More of the beasts come storming towards us, thankfully some of them get blown to hell by the canon blasts. The ones that slip through the cracks get to deal with my teeth and claws as I shift back into a tiger. Bucky smiles at me proudly, before aiming his gun up and shooting at the beasts by my side.

The sorcerers shields are beginning to fail, making more and more blasts rain down on us. I scan the crowd again, finding that the spider boy still has the Gauntlet. This would be a good thing if not for the canon blasts completely surrounding him. I try to run towards him, but a blast sends me flying backwards. I hear Bucky scream my name, but then he too is blown backwards. I have no idea where Alex is, and I try to make myself get up, make myself move, but my limbs protest in pain.

All of the sudden, the canon fire stops. I force my head up to look at them. I see they're aiming at something else, firing to an unknown object in the sky.

"What the hell is this?" I hear Sam ask.

A glowing yellow ball appears from the clouds and crashes right into Thanos's ship; like its a knife cutting through paper. One by one the canons explode and the engines begin to fail. Out of the exploding ship flies Carol, splitting them entire ship practically in half.

"Carol! Damn is it good to see you!" I yell into the coms, watching as the ship falls into the water.

"Danvers," Steve says in the com channel. "We need an assist here."

The gauntlet. We need to get to the gauntlet. I force my limbs to move, force them to allow me to shift. Letting out a pained moan I shift into a bird, flying a little slowly over to where the young boy is. I see Carol fly over also, starring down at the boy amusingly.

I look around and see other heroes, other women, gathering around Carol and the young boy. I shift back into my human form, close enough to hear him comment: "I don't know how you're going to get through all that."

Amongst the women I see Okoye and Shuri. My heart soars at the sight of two of my best friends. Especially Shuri, who looks as strong as ever, who I have missed very much.

All of us gather around Carol, with Wanda replying to the boy; "Don't worry."

"She's got help." Okoye finishes.

Carol looks around at all of us, sharing a smile and nod with me, before focusing on the incoming hoard of aliens all trying to get the gauntlet. Pepper, in an iron man suit, flies down to join the party, as well as Nebula and her sister. All of us exchange a look of pride and strength, before running towards the army of creatures, trying to buy Carol some time to get the stones to the van. Wanda and Pepper send blasts at the creatures, a woman on a flying horse slices through one of the flying worms, and the others begun slicing through the ground troops.

I shift into a bird and fly up towards one of the flying worms. Once I'm above it, I shift into a human, landing on the creature's back. I yell to the flying horse woman; "Throw me a spear!"

She nods her head to me and chucks her spear. When I catch it, I dive it into the head of the worm. The worm points it's head up in pain, so I pull down on the spear. The spear begins splitting the worm in half, falling down the length of the beast with me along with it. I hear the creature roar loudly, beginning to fall to the ground. I throw the spear back up to the woman and she catches it, plunging it into another worm. I shift back into a bird, flying down to the ground. I return to my human form and watch as the worm hits the ground with a loud thud, crushing eighty creatures at once.

I look over and find Bucky and Alex starring at me a few yards away. I make my way towards them, finding Bucky's eyes filled with pride and Alex's filled with jealously.

As I reach them he shakes his head, muttering to himself. "Alright, you win. That was way cooler than what I did earlier."

"It wasn't a competition."

Alex scoffs. "It's always a competition."

I look back at the hoard still coming after us, sending a playful smile their way. "You boys gonna help or what?"

Alex rolls his eyes at me, running towards the fray. Bucky wraps an arm around my waist and kisses me on the temple, before running after Alex.

I let out a sigh and shift into a wolf, growling loudly and slashing into the chest of one of the creatures. I push off their body to sink my teeth into the neck of another. Bucky guards my back and shoots down the creatures that get too close to me.

As we continue to fight I worry about Carol, because she's nowhere in sight. My worry increases as I hear a loud crash come from the east side of the field. A large wave of energy blows our way, knocking everyone down to the ground. I loose concentration and shift back into a human, feeling my body get flown into Bucky's. I once again find myself having fallen on top of him, and this time I hit my head against his.

Rubbing at my forehead I let out a groan. "I'm so sorry."

He shakes his head, grabbing onto my arms and helping us onto our knees. "What was that?"

The wave that hit us looked very familiar, with its blue and orange hint to it. I realize with a sinking feeling in my stomach that Thanos must have destroyed the time portal.

"The van." I tell him.

He nods to me, and we both begin to sprint towards the east side of the battlefield where the van used to be. I have no doubt that's where I'll find Carol and Thanos.

As we grow closer to them, I see Carol has been knocked out, lying down next to a broken ship. Tony tries to get the gauntlet that's lying on the ground, but Thanos sends him flying backwards.

Thor flies in, hitting Thanos with his axe and trying to hold him off along with Steve, who jumps onto Thanos's back. I shift into a leopard, running towards them at high speeds, shifting back into a wolf as I launch myself at Thanos, sinking my claws into his chest. He lets out a groan of pain, but this doesn't seem to do much to him. He headbutts Thor, sending him backwards. He then grabs onto my throat and sends me flying back several yards. When Bucky sees me he tries to catch me, but it sends him flying backwards as well. I feel my head hit something hard and something else land on top of me, but my eyes fall shut before I can register what happened.

When I start to come to, I feel a painful ache in my head. I peel my eyes open and absentmindedly touch where my head hurts, finding blood on my fingers. I turn my head sideways, finding that I hit my head on what used to be a door. I let out a moan of pain, trying to get up, but there's something heavy on top of me. Bucky is the heavy thing on top of me; his body draped sideways over me.

I pat on his back, trying to get him to wake up. "Bucky. Bucky! Buck, wake up!"

He stirs, his eyes fluttering open and locking into me. His eyes trail down my body to where he lies draped over me. He pushes himself off, falling to the ground beside me. His hand searches the ground between us until he finds my hand, gripping it tightly.

"We need a vacation."

I squeeze his hand back, forcing myself to stand up. I grab hold of his arms and help him up also. When I look around, I let out a gasp.

Thanos's army are starting to disappear, turning into dust in the wind just like everyone did five years ago. I feel fear flow through me, instantly grabbing hold of Bucky. I slowly realize that only Thanos's creatures are disappearing, none of ours.

I look over to find Thanos sitting down on a broken piece of furniture, bowing his head before turning into dust as well.

Feeling relief, happiness, and every positive feeling imaginable glow through me, I wrap my arms around Bucky's neck and let out a laugh. He holds me back, spinning me around kissing my face several times, both of us feeling our victory to the fullest.

When Bucky places me back on the ground, I look over to find Tony with the Infinity Stones on his hand. My joy dies in my mouth as Tony collapses to the ground.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 1.1K 46
A cage is still a cage. No matter how golden. For some people, the taste of freedom lingers on their tongue from when they're born. At times, Melora...
361K 5.5K 64
This book is a continuation of the previous one.. literally starting right where the other one left off!! Self-insert ๐Ÿฅฐ You are a former Black Widow...
84.4K 3.3K 45
โ แด›สœแด‡ส แดแด€ส แด…แด‡า“แด‡แด€แด› สแดแดœ, ส™แดœส€ษด สแดแดœ, ษชษดsแดœสŸแด› สแดแดœ, ษชษดแดŠแดœส€แด‡ สแดแดœ, แด€ษดแด… แด€ส™แด€ษดแด…แดษด สแดแดœ. ส™แดœแด› แด›สœแด‡ส แดกษชสŸสŸ ษดแดแด›, sสœแด€สŸสŸ ษดแดแด›, แด€ษดแด… แด„แด€ษดษดแดแด› แด…แด‡sแด›ส€แดส สแดแดœ, า“แดส€ สแดแดœ, สŸษชแด‹แด‡ ส€...
100K 2.9K 81
Friends since childhood, separated by tragedy. Can you seem to find each other again? Can you save each other? A Bucky x Reader story. Romance / Angs...