The Baby-Carrier ✔

By ThatIslaander

Bryce Hemsworth has everything he could ever want. The perfect parents and sibling. The perfect house. The pe... More

1| Wifey
2| check up
3| Figuration
4| Problems
5| Deal | Pt.1
6| Deal | Pt. 2
7| Reactions & Satisfactions
8 | WTF
9 | Splash & Crash
10 | Safe & Home
11 | Getting Along for Alyssa
12 | awkward
13 | Can't Resist
14 | That was close
15 | Evil Plan
16 | I want You
17 | DEAD
18 | Threats
19 | positive
20 | Confusion & Pain
21 | WHAT'S THIS?
22 | Lies
23 | RISA
24 | Caught In The Act
25 | Death
26 | Alyssa's Gang
27 | All for Alyssa
29 | Engagement
30 | Trash or Treasure
31 | Mine, Yours, Ours
You get to choose:
32 | Exchange
33 | Survivor
34 | Coma
35 | Evidence
36 | Ultra Sound
37 | He Knows
38 | Bryce The Saver
39 | Uninvited Guests
40 | Dead Body
41 | Amnesia
42 | A Second Chance
43 | She comes home
44 | Promises, Promises
45 | The Truth
46 | DON'T
47 | Memories
48 | Punishment
49 | Baby Girl
50 | The End
Help me choose:
2nd book?
2nd Book Coming Soon!
Good News!!

28 | Gone But Never Forgotten

10.6K 276 48
By ThatIslaander

             CLAIRE

             IT WAS 1AM when I sat up in my bed, wanting to drink water. Quietly, I get up, slipping my feet into my indoor slippers. I yawn, walking out my door. Tonight, I found it hard to go to bed. What happened earlier with my brother and Nico was a memory I'll never be able to forget. It was what had me up all night, just thinking. Not just thinking, but worried as well. I'm worried for Alyssa because I've been trying to call her but she hasn't picked up any of my calls. I told my brother to call her but he said she needs some time alone. Of course I wanted to judo his ass and finish him off for Nico, but I just nod at him.

    I hear giggles coming from the kitchen; coming into the room, I saw it was none other than my brother and well, Maria. I scan the counter to see it was a mess. I guess they were baking because Maria was craving some cupcakes. My brother seemed to be in a good mood as he playfully smeared her face with icing. They still had not noticed me standing in the doorway, to busy being in a trance to do so.

I didn't know what to think of the sight. Just a few months ago before all this mess, my brother and his wife Alyssa would be baking in here, but the look on Bryce's face is different from before. He looked so happy now than he was before.

He looks so in love with Maria right now. I really had no idea what to feel. I really didn't like the fact that Maria came and ruined such a good marriage. My sister in law, Alyssa, had done everything she could to make sure Maria was okay with the environment. She protected her, cared for her, and loved her like a true friend.

I just dont understand why she would do that to Alyssa.

"You make me the happiest, my love. I would die for you." I heard Bryce tell her and I couldn't stop myself...I laugh quietly which caught their attention, making them look over to me.

"How long have you been standing there and what's so funny?" Bryce scowls at me as I finally walk into the kitchen.

I shrug, thinking to myself....its just so funny. What he said was funny. I remember him saying that to Alyssa and now he's telling Maria....

"Oh long enough to get disgusted by all this sweetness, " I tell them, grabbing a water bottle from the refrigerator.

"One day, you'll meet someone and you'll be just like us." Bryce said, pointing a spoon at me.

"Ew, no thanks. I don't want to ever fall in love. " I sigh before taking a sip of my water.

"Why not?" Maria finally spoke up.

I look at both of them, saying honestly ," You guys are an example of why I don't want to."

   It was true. I used to believe in love. In a happy marriage. In a happy ever after. Those kind of stuff. But then my brother and his mistress are proof that a love between to people can be destroyed. A happy marriage can be broken...

I guess my answer wasn't what they expected because both of them stayed quiet. I let out a sigh, glancing at them on my way out,"Night."

            BRYCE

             THE NEXT MORNING, I woke up to Maria sleeping peach beside me. I've always wanted her here beside me and now she is, I'm so happy. She looks like an angel right now. I prop up on my elbow, moving closer to my lover. I caress those soft cheeks of hers. I chuckle when I notice there's still a bit of chocolate icing on her nose.

I keep looking at her angelic face. I can't believe this is happening.

I smile when her eyes flutter open, meeting mine.

"Good morning, " She smiles, still sleepy as she stretches.

I lean down, pecking her on the lips, "Good morning, babe."

I get up from the bed, staring down at her as she continues to sleep. I can't help but laugh at her. She's too cute. And she's carrying my baby. How wonderful is that?! I can't wait to hold our baby and spend the rest of my life with her.

I'll just divorce Alyssa and make Maria my wife.

I know I'm such an asshole for doing that or even thinking of that, but I just really want to be with Maria.

Alyssa deserves better.

"Babe, come on. Get up and get ready so we can go out for breakfast," I tell her.

She opens her eyes, smiling happily at me. "I'm hungry now."

I laugh at her, "Of course you are..now come on babe. Up. Up." I help her sit up and she gets up. "Let's take a shower together. "

She gives me a look.

"This is to save water," I chuckle.

She shakes her head, knowing that's not the truth but smiles anyway, "I'll see you in there." Then she gets up and walks into the bathroom.

           ***

         MARIA trudged down the stairs in a cute yellow dress. Her face was glowing. She looks so happy. So beautiful. I couldn't take my eyes off of her until she reached the car.

"You ready to go?" She snaps me out of my trance.

"Right, right." I laugh to myself, running to her side to open her door for her. "My lady..."

She rolls her eyes at me while getting into the car. Once I got in, I tell her how beautiful she looks and then we were on our way. There's this beautiful diner I want to take her too.

We were on our way there when we had to slow down. There was an ambulance parked at the side of the road with police cars and some people. They were at the side of the road, looking down below. This area was not always crowded. This road wasn't always used because this area belongs to someone. Everyone usually takes the other road. This place is a dangerous place, not because it is owned by a dangerous person but its also because there are crocodiles below. I notice the side rail was broken...like a car had crashed into it.

Rolling my window down, I ask the question Maria and I both want to know, "What's the problem here officer?"

The officer, who was controlling the traffic, leaned down to be in level with me. "There's been an accident. A Lamborghini had crashed into the lake."

"Is the driver okay?" Maria asked worriedly.

"We can't find the body. Probably under water or in the crocodiles belly for all we know." The officer answers before walking off.

"Babe, let's go see." Maria pleads, making me sigh but nonetheless pull over. We walk over to where every one was and I hear Maria gasp loudly.

It was because it was Alyssa's car.

I didn't look at her, but I know she knows who that car belongs to...

                NICO

       I SAT in my chair behind my desk, just staring at the bottle of whiskey in hand. Its already 7:45 am and I've been in the same spot since last night. I couldn't go to sleep, not knowing where's my sister. If she's okay or not. If she's safe or not. I'm really worried because she has not picked up any of my calls. I really want to speak to her right now. I've send out my man to go look for her but they've all reported the same thing.

"Still no sign of her, boss." Lucas, my lackey, informs me.

I get up, throwing the bottle aside.

Where the fuck are you, Alyssa? Please come home sister. I thought to myself.

I look at the picture frame on my desk. It was of me, Alyssa, and my mother. If mother finds out about Alyssa, she'll be so worried....

Before I could order Lucas, the door slams open and Archie Adam's walks in. He is my spy, working in the Hemsworth's house. 

"Boss, we found Alyssa's car, but..." He drags off, angering me.

"BUT WHAT?!"

"...but we couldn't find her body, boss." Archie finally answered.

           ***

           A DAY LATER, I found myself standing in front of Alyssa's grave stone. No, we didn't bury her body. We never found her body. Investigators had said her body was devoured my the crocodiles in the lake. The day I found out my sister was gone was the fucking worst day of my life. I've never cried before...not even when my father left us.

As I stood there, my heart was slowly breaking apart. My sister- my only sister- is gone. I never got to talk to her one more time.

Alyssa, I miss you, sis.

    Can you imagine this? Me. Nicholas! The mafia boss crying... I'm known for being a ruthless, dangerous, heartless man...but, I couldn't even save my own sister. I hate myself.

When I brought mother over, she couldn't stop crying as well. She was saying all sorts of stuff and about how sorry she is for neglecting Alyssa. For how she ignored her own daughter because she was still stuck thinking of our father. But mom's at home now. She's probably still crying...but this time...the reason for her sadness is Alyssa.

I stood there in silence, tears no longer falling. My face was stone cold. I was angry now. Especially that now, it wasn't just me standing there.

Without looking, I knew Bryce and Maria were beside me.

"I'm sorry, Nico-" My hand swings against his jaw before he could finish.

Bryce stumbles back while Maria tries to keep him up. She looks at me angrily but doesn't say anything.

I point at them, not being able to control my anger anymore.

"You asshole!" I push Maria to the side, away from Bryce because I will kill him now. I swing my arm back before punch Bryce in the face. "You motherfucker!"

Maria runs over, trying to push me off but I was too strong for her. I push her away, and she falls on her butt. Weak ass.

"If you hadn't cheated on my sister, she wouldn't be dead. You shit! Look what have you done!!!!" I roared in anger before punching him in the face again. I keep punching him, breaking his face. This pretty boy's face will no longer be recognized after I'm done.

"Please stop!!!" Maria shouts at me. I stand up and bend down, grabbing Bryce by his shirt as he tried to push me away from him. I punch him again, sending him falling face flat in front of Alyssa's grave stone. I look at her picture on the stone. My beautiful sister didn't deserve this.

I grip his hair in my hand, forcing him to look at the gravestone.

"Nico, please stop!" Maria begs me. I ignore her, forcing Bryce to look at my sister's picture. That innocent angelic face.

"How could you do that to my sister?" I ask lowly.

"Nico," Bryce winces in pain, trying to escape me but only ends up failing, "I'm sorry. Please-"

"Sorry will never bring her back. This is your fault, Bryce. I will make you regret what you did." I tell him sternly before pushing his face into the grass. 

I start to walk away when Maria made me stop. I turn around to see her on her knees, tears rolling down her cheeks, saying, "please. We're sorry."

I didn't say anything, just walked away and got into my car, driving off.

LOL I HOPE YOU LOVED THIS CHAPTER! TELL ME WHAT U THINK IN THE COMMENTS. REMEMBER TO VOTE AND FOLLOW ME! THANK YOU!!!!! I really want to finish this book before school starts next weeks but ughhhhh, ahahaha there's this Chinese drama on YouTube that I just can't get enough of. It's called Untamed. Any of you like that? Goshhhh I love that drama!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86 1 10
what happen when A billionaire, the ceo of the knight incl. the girls fall on his feet, most of the people feared him met with a girl who is carefree...
11.7K 375 53
He is wealthy and she is poor, As children, he would always bully and mock her in front of her friends and schoolmates because she was fat, a nerd a...
1.3M 50.2K 33
Mira Owens had a perfect life: loving parents, her dream job and a handsome fiance, who was one of the most eligible bachelors in the world. Despite...
5.2M 176K 60
[This story is unedited and is full of mistakes. It will be edited in the future] Ethan Monroe, 26, not your average billionaire Playboy. Work and fa...