Edogon

By LadyDestinysTragedy

Dune Quinn was brought to the future because of a prophecy that claimed he would be the one that would finall... More

Edogon Ch.1
Edogon Ch.2
Edogon Ch.4
Edogon Ch.5
Edogon Ch.6
Edogon Ch.7
Edogon Ch.8
Edogon Ch.9
Edogon Ch.10
Edogon Ch.11
Edogon Ch.12
Edogon Ch.13
Edogon Ch.14
Edogon Ch.15
Edogon Ch.16
Edogon Ch.17
Edogon Ch.18
Edogon Ch.19
Edogon Ch.20
Edogon Ch.21

Edogon Ch.3

92 2 0
By LadyDestinysTragedy

I Must Say, Avery Can Be Quite Fun To Write XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Three: Overblown

Avery Nickels Reporting for Duty

"Well that was fun." Melissa muttered as we headed back to our dorm in Fortenberry's hallway. Why I hadn't I noticed there was so many rooms before? That it took too long to get to our room before? Was it because I had never been drunk before? Ooo there goes another purple puppy!

"Avery!" Melissa yelled, I stopped pointing at the purple puppy and looked down at her. She sighed and pressed her thumb into the finger pad that unlocked our room, number 567. "God I swear as long as I am with you I will never let you drink again. How are you going to focus on tomorrow's exams and classes?" I laughed and stumbled into our room just as the door finished opening.

"Well I dunno maybe I'll just sleep it off!" I yelled, Melissa sighed and threw a plastic garbage can at me.

"Well you're going to be taking care of your own puke." Melissa said. I looked at the can as if it was some strange thing while setting it down by the edge of my bed.

"Okay." I said. Now feeling a little dizzy since I was sitting down I could tell why I had never drank alcohol before, because it was damn painful. It gave you a major headache after the buzz was gone and all you felt was sick. I tried pulling down the zipper on my combat suit but it got stuck halfway and I got frustrated so I had to get Melissa to finish pulling down the zipper for me. When that was done she disappeared into the bathroom and I stripped off the suit and moved onto my bra.

Knock, knock. Someone rapped on the door. I went to answer but became to dizzy and stumbled.

"Come in the door is unlocked for now." Melissa said. I wanted to yell, wait! I'm not even dressed fully here! But it was too late, the door was open and just as I stood up my bra fell off to expose my chest and there in the door way with their jaw on the ground stood Stark Welt. Lord of all the men to walk in on me at such an embarrassing time, why did it have to be Stark? Finally I was able to say something, and so was Stark.

"Ahhh!!" We screamed together Melissa ran out of the bathroom her pj's on. Well at least one of us was dressed! Seeing me Melissa's eyes went wide eyed and she ran over to me, handing me a bathrobe and shielding me from Stark's eyes as she turned her head to talk to him.

"So um Stark, what did you want?" Melissa asked. I tied the bathrobe together and tapped her arm, letting her know she could stop shielding me from Stark's eyes now. As she lowered her arm I hopped onto my bed and pressed the button that made my bed rise into the square attached to the ceiling that provided a dark, breathable sleeping area for us. Just before I couldn't see them anymore I pressed the stop button. I was shocked awake from being drunk now and I wanted to see what was going on. I caught Stark look up at my bed and then shake his head before sighing.

"Uh well that was...surprising." Stark muttered, Melissa bit her lip and she too looked up at my bed.

"I think for her that was mortifying, you two don't get along after all." Melissa said. Stark gave a shaky laugh and motioned to the only chair in our room. Melissa nodded and sat cross legged down on her own bed. Damn now in order to see them I'd need to open the window in the square box, but wait the window was made so only I could see out of it, this actually worked out perfectly. I pressed the rise button again and watched as they stared shocked at my bed.

"Sorry it got stuck. Night!" I yelled, knowing they had heard me I made a big deal of making it sound like I was getting under the covers and going to sleep. Melissa turned her head away from my square in the ceiling back to Stark.

"Right. Well what I wanted to talk about...ah yes! Well tomorrow morning we have library duty, you me and Avery. Loren told me that just this evening right before The Official's parties started for every dorm section." Stark said Melissa nodded and wrote down a reminder in her hologram touch screen.

"Thanks Stark you can go now, I'll be sure to tell Avery first thing when she wakes up tomorrow." Just by the tone of Melissa's voice I knew she knew that I wasn't actually sleeping. Sticking my tongue out at her through the window that she couldn't see into I put my head on my pillow and waited until I heard Stark leave and then Melissa head off to bed, the lights automatically going out. Had I forgot to mention I was part of the academy's student council? In fact I was the vice president. I was also two years younger than everyone in my grade, therefore graduating two years before I should be graduating. Beep. The little noise interrupted my thoughts and I looked over to the side of the square silver box to see the red light flashing. Sighing I pressed the intercom button that accepted Melissa's call.

"Why don't you just tell Stark that you like him already?" Melissa's voice rang through the intercom. I pressed the reply button down hard.

"Because he would never accept me as his girlfriend or anything as a matter of fact also he hates me remember? Now goodnight Melissa." I muttered, releasing the reply button I turned onto my side and faced the other way, pulling my blankets up past my shoulders.

"Okay but I've seen the way he looks at you Avery and that isn't hate, its love girl." Melissa said. Her words struck me but I didn't want to acknowledge them, so as soon as her voice left my intercom I banged my hand on the stop call button and went to sleep not wanting to think about such things when there was the fact that not less than four almost three days from now I'd probably be separated from Stark for a very long time.

~

"Miss Avery Nickels you are late for combat class, please explain." Yohun asked me when I arrived to my fourth period class. Sadly it was already this late in the day because the library had taken longer to clean up and organize than all three of us had expected. Even with the help of today's modern technology.

"I was doing student council duties that took longer than expected sorry." I said as I took my seat before the mats. Yohun nodded in understanding and then went back to explaining what today's class would be about. Today we got to pick our own partners he explained and then Yohun finished with saying that we'd practice a combo with at least two punches, two kicks and some kind of shove. Stretching as I got up I made my way over to find Melissa when someone tapped me on the shoulder when I turned around to see who it was I immdetly blushed.

"Wanna be my partner?" Stark asked me. I bit my lip, remembering last night, he'd seen much more than I had wanted him to for a long time. But it'd probably be best if I pretended that since I had been drunk I didn't remember anything about last night.

"Sure." I answered walking with Stark to the edge of one of the millions of mats now spread out around the gym. There were only two mats when exams went on, but when it came to class there was millions.

Stark got into position as he waited for my attack. Breathing in deeply I focused on which move I would do in my head and when I opened my eyes I knew exactly how I wanted it to pan out. Running as fast as I could, I turned to make it look like I was gonna do a flying cocktail punch, and just as Stark got in position to block that I stopped mid turn and pivoted the other way, grabbed him by the neck and held him in between my armpit and punched him with my other hand. One part complete, one more punch, two kicks, and a shove left. Assuming my next position I spun on the spot and when ready car wheeled over to Stark, he reached out to grab my legs but I quickly pulled them down and while he still tried to grab my legs I kicked him hard in the shins. Stark resisted his body's natural urge to stumble back and bit his lip as he tried to not notice the pain. Biting my own lip I got up and got ready for my next move.

I waited until Stark was standing upright though. When Stark was ready I faked a left and did another spin, but this time I would do a roundhouse kick, shove him back a little bit and in the last second punch him in order to finish him off. As Stark moved to go back to where I was I kicked him right in the back and brought down my leg, moving to shove him, successfully shoving him I punched him in the gut because that was the only place available and watched as he finally stumbled. Squealing with excitement over my defeat I failed to notice Stark looking at my chest until I reached out my hand to help him up.

"Stark..." I started; he looked up at me and just gaped at me, searching for words in his useless little head.

"Uh I have to go somewhere...student council duties..." Stark muttered and then he got up, pushing my hand aside and left me standing their mouth wide open in shock.

~

Lunch time came and I didn't have the appetite to eat, I was always like this when Stark blew me off. I picked at the food on my plate with a fork and spun my spaghetti around the fork quite a few times. And before I knew it all of my spaghetti was on my fork and all that was left on the plate was meatballs and some sauce.

"Look Avery don't let it get to you. He probably just got nervous because you caught him staring at your boobs... I mean who wouldn't blame him after last night...but the point is her probably just got all nervous and worried about you noticing and he felt bad so he left so he could collect his thoughts. Don't take it into consideration too much." Melissa told me as she grabbed a hold of my fork and stopped me from going and trying to stab the meatballs. Did I forget to tell the lunch lady I hate meatballs? Sighing I let go of the fork and let Melissa use my knife to put the spaghetti back onto the plate.

"I know it's just, I was pretending I didn't remember anything from last night using the fact that I was drunk to cover it up, couldn't he have just done the same?" I asked desperateness in my voice. Melissa laughed and gave me back my fork.

"Honey, no matter if you were drunk or not that image will stay in Stark's head until the day he dies and unexpectedly he'll keep revisiting it just because he's a man. It's impossible for him not to think about it and pretend it never happened." Melissa explained. I sighed once again and picked up my fork to actually start eating.

"I guess you're right." I mumbled. Melissa gave a satisfaction like purr and the stopped when she looked up, I looked behind me to see her half African half Canadian boyfriend Corbin coming towards us, and for once someone was with him, he wasn't alone. It was probably his buddy that he always talked about, the one that always left him alone at lunch to go flirt and make out with other girls. The one who he feared would never ever settle down.

Melissa rose out of her seat to greet her 5 foot 9 boyfriend, raising up onto her tip toes and kissing him before barring her head in his chest and talking to him. Sometimes I wished I could do that with someone, any guy would do right now since Stark was being so weird. I only turned away from looking at them when I heard the chair next to me be pulled out, the metal legs scratching against the silver floor also made of metal.

The guy was tall, taller than Corbin, but probably only by an inch making him 6 feet exactly. His shirt revealed biceps, many other muscles and scars down his arms that looked very old. He had light skin like me and Melissa, meaning he too was probably an original Canadian. My eyes traveled up to his face where blonde hair sat upon his head, thrown all over in a way that looked messy, but wasn't because you could still see some of the style that had been there before one of his classes, probably combat. He had the 5'o clock shadow that most men had, but it suited him really well. I continued my search, looking at his eyes they were a remarkable brown and he had very defined chiselled looks, almost as if he had been made out of marble. He was the kind of guy it took books pages to describe. I wanted to ravish over his looks as long as a book would take to tell you about him, but when he turned to look at me I felt embarrassed for ogling him.

"Hey there, my name's Dune Quinn, Corbin's best friend and roommate." Dune said, extending his hand across the table. Oh my god those were real man's hands, not like the soft kind that felt nice to hold, but his were rough and also bared scars, what had this man been through?

"A-Avery Nickels." I said, grabbing his hand and shaking it, actually feeling his hand despite it looking rough and very scared it was smooth...yet kind of rough.

"Nice to finally meet you Avery Nickels." Dune said, taking my hand that still held his and raising it to his lips, I watched his eyes as he gently kissed my hand. My heart fluttered and I wished that my hand was my mouth instead of my well my hand. Wait what had I gotten into? What was happening to me? I liked Stark not Dune, Stark... But I might not ever see Stark again for a long time well then again I may never see Dune again for a very long time... Ah what was I getting into here?! I was just running around in circles inside of my head. I've got to get a hold of myself here.

"And it's nice to finally meet Corbin's mysterious lady's man friend, Dune Quinn." I said. Dune laughed and let go of my hand, I quickly pulled it back into safety, secretly vowing never to wash it again.

"Yeah well what can I saw to that? But I do regret not meeting you earlier; you seem like a nice practical girl." Dune said leaning in, I laughed nervously.

"Well let's eat shall we?" Melissa asked as she pulled her chair back and sat down across from me once again. Corbin gave Dune a glare before he sat down beside Melissa and put his arm across the back of her chair. And I couldn't help but wonder why Corbin had glared at his best friend.

Lunch was quiet and...Well quite awkward that afternoon to be honest. Dune tried to make conversation but for whatever reason Corbin always shot down whatever he started to say as if what Dune wanted to talk about wasn't of any importance. And Melissa oddly enough helped Corbin do so.

It was nearing the end of lunch when it started to become loud.

"Dune!" I heard a high pitched voice-higher than Melissa's-scream, I turned around at the same time as Dune to see a tall red head standing behind my chair. And when her eyes turned to me there was hatred, jealousy and anger in them. God what had I done that I didn't know about?

"Candace what can I do for you girl?" Dune asked turning his chair around and giving Candace his full attention. Now that she knew Dune's attention was on her Candace stopped glaring at me and tapped the behind of my chair with her fingers and smiled at Dune.

"Come Dune, all the girls are waiting for you, we're so bored without you! Plus it's my turn and it's not fair if you run out on me!" Candace squealed, I saw Corbin sigh out of the corner of my eye and Melissa just cross her arms as they watched what Candace and Dune were talking about. Dune chuckled and got up out of his chair, taking Candace's hand into his and bringing it up to his lips. Wha? He did that to every girl?

"Alright I won't, let's go. See you three later?" Dune said. Corbin hmphed and Melissa just muttered words that I couldn't hear. I continued to watch as Dune walked across the lunchroom to where at least ten girls sat, and brought Candace towards him and made a big show of kissing her before sitting down. All the other girls squealed with jealousy and I knew right then and there that I didn't and never would have respect for Dune Quinn. All I would ever have for him was disgust and hatred, how he was able to play so many girls and charm them into the palm of his hand before breaking their hearts. I felt humiliated and stupid for vowing to never wash my hand again, as soon as I could I was washing every bit of the disgusting Dune Quinn off of me forever.

Did Dune Just Loose Fans? =O

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

395K 9.8K 51
[COMPLETED] #Ranks : #14 on 30/11/18 (category : Ex) #17 on 29/6/19 ( category : adultromance) #57 on 29/6/19 ( category: Suspense) Excerpt : "I can...
15.1K 2.3K 48
❝ I love to hate you; because if I don't, then I will hate to love you. ❞ (PLEASE note that this was my first work and is unedited. I've greatly matu...
164K 2.8K 100
!Book one out of four! There is a part two to this book you don't have to read it but if you would like to it's called "My princess to the Black Wido...
35 19 16
After the passing of the only matriarchal figure she ever had, Dierdre's life becomes nothing short of a nightmare. As if her foster father's grief-d...