Star Light

By GeekyChick0223

When Europa Gilbert gets the call that Jenna Sommers, her maternal aunt, had died from Sheriff Forbes, she ru... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter One: Welcome Home
Chapter Two: Settling In
Chapter Three: Big Bad Wolf
Chapter Four: Self Defense Class Works
Chapter Five: Gloria's Bar
Chapter Six: Suicide Is Not Easy
Chapter Seven: The Jig is Up
Chapter Eight: Cheeky Little Hybrid
Chapter Nine: Story Time, McDonald's
Chapter Ten: Forced Fear
Chapter Eleven: A Bloody Love Story
Chapter Twelve: The Sacrifice Play
Chapter Thirteen: Adulting to do
Chapter Fourteen: Europa Has Moved and Changed Her Name to Tiffany
Chapter Fifteen: Conspiring in the Classroom
Chapter Sixteen: Girls Night Out
Chapter Seventeen: Story Time, Originals
Chapter Eighteen: Reasoning Out of Compulsion
Chapter Nineteen: Witchy Shock Therapy
Chapter Twenty: Bye Bekah
Chapter Twenty-One: Here's Jeremy!
Chapter Twenty-Two: He's Terrifying Because I Trust Him
Chapter Twenty-Three: Psychopaths, the Lot of You
Chapter Twenty-Five: Tiffany's
Chapter Twenty-Six: Magical Brain Condition
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Plotting Against a Psychopath
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Keeping Up With the Supernaturals
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Romance Revenge
Chapter Thirty: Jealousy and Mother of the Year
Thirty-One: Too Far
Thirty-Two: Taken
Thirty-Three: Unlikely Alliance
Thirty-Four: Rescue
Thirty-Five: The Sheriff's Office
Thirty-Six: Two Ricks'
Thirty-Seven: Vulnerability
Thirty-Eight: Plot Under Plot Under Plot
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Dream or Reality?
Chapter Forty: Wanted, Dead or Alive
Chapter Forty-One: M.I.A
Chapter Forty-Two: Transition
Chapter Forty-Three: Fenrir
Chapter Forty-Four: Goodnight, Saigon
Sequel

Chapter Twenty-Four: Like I'm Gonna Lose You

24.8K 754 265
By GeekyChick0223

A/N: So, I considered waiting another day, but seeing as I have an entire complete chapter waiting after this, I figured why not post? Fair warning, things are intense in the beginning. 

When I stirred, I found myself in the backseat of a sports car. "What the fuck?" I mumbled tiredly.

In the front seat, Elena was passed out, and Stefan was driving. Too fast. Stefan was driving way too fast.

"No. No, no, no, no, no! No! Stefan! What are you doing? Stop it!" I shouted angrily, refraining myself from killing Stefan so that the car didn't crash.

The bastard laughed. "You like it? This was your idea, after all."

"You're fucking crazy! Stefan, stop the car! She won't forgive you for this! Stop the car!" I shouted angrily. Tears were racing down my cheeks.

Elena blinked awake in confusion. She saw my terrified face and that Stefan was driving. "What are you doing, Stefan?"

Elena's phone rang, and Stefan answered it, "Hello Damon, she's a little busy right now." He said with a fucking smirk.

I was surrounded by psychopaths. Great.

"I'm making my next move," Stefan answered whatever question Damon had asked, "Let me ask you something; what will Klaus do if he can't make any more hybrids?"

My face paled, and immediately I lunged for the gear shift, trying to force us into neutral and slow the car down. Instead, Stefan threw his elbow back and sent me flying back in my seat, my sternum definitely bruised.

"What!" Elena screamed in shock as she stared at Stefan, trying the door handle. It was locked.
Stefan rolled down his window and tossed Elena's phone. Which, by the way, is expensive. I would worry about that later, though. "What are you doing? Stefan, let me out of this car. Do you hear me? Let me out of the car!" Elena screamed.

"It's no use, Elena. He doesn't care about anything or anyone. Just revenge." I growled angrily. I briefly considered trying to kill Stefan and get control of the car. If it were just me, I would have, but I couldn't endanger my sister's life. No matter how angry I was with her, I couldn't let her die.

"So, what's the plan, Stefan? What's the big move you're making?" Elena asked spitefully. Both of us were trying to get out of this alive, neither coming up with anything.

The crazy vampire kept his eyes trained on the road. "I took Klaus's family to make him suffer. I'm not gonna let him make himself a new one."

"You're all insane!" I screamed, hitting Stefan but accomplishing nothing but an elbow to the face. Now my nose was broken. Again.

"So, what are you gonna do, huh? Are you gonna lock me in some cave and keep me hostage?" Elena hissed, staring out at the road.

I don't think she realized that the easiest way to ruin Klaus' plan was to kill her. But I did. I knew we would either die or become vampires very soon. "Maybe. Maybe, I'll just turn you into a vampire."

"Stop the car, Stefan!" My eyes slid shut, and I sat limply in the back. He wouldn't turn me to a vampire, he would want me dead so Klaus could never have me. Right now, I knew I was staring down a barrel of a gun with little to no hope of escape.

Stefan called someone, probably Klaus. I couldn't convince myself to care at the moment. "Stefan, how nice to hear your voice." I heard Klaus through the speakerphone. A soft sob left my lips.

"Tell your hybrids to get out of town, Klaus," Stefan demanded, I looked out the window, recognizing the road we were on.

We were heading for Wickery Bridge. Immediately, I moved, wrapping my arms around Elena, "Whatever happens, you have to live." I whispered to her softly. "I love you, Light, it'll be okay. Everything will be okay."

"Well, that's not gonna happen until I get my coffins back." Klaus denied immediately

Stefan grinned manically, "Okay, well then I'm gonna drive your blood source and her big sister off Wickery Bridge."

Elena sobbed lightly, "I'm sorry, Europa, I'm so sorry. This is all my fault, I'm so sorry."

"It'll be okay. I love you so much. Don't be sad about this. It'll be okay." I assured her.

If I was going to die, I wasn't going to die letting my last words to my sister telling her to get with the program or get out. She was my sister. Of course, I loved her.

Klaus seemed hesitant, "I don't believe you, Stefan. You won't kill her. If you kill Europa, Elena will never forgive you."

Stefan bit his wrist. Immediately my hand went to cover Elena's mouth, my other fighting his wrist off. Instead, he grabbed my hands, snapped them in one hand. I screamed in pain, distantly hearing a growl. Stefan forced his blood down Elena's throat, and I was helpless to save her.

"No! No! No! What are you doing?"

I wrapped my arms around Elena tighter. I was not going to let her die on impact. She would live, she would get out of this bloody car if it was the last thing I did, and she would not become a vampire.

"What's going on?" Klaus shouted through the phone.

Stefan wasted no time in answering, he was so proud of himself. "I just fed her my blood. No more hybrids if she's a vampire. Didn't give Europa any though, she'll die in this car."

"You won't do it." Klaus remained certain.

What I wouldn't give to be back at MIT right now.

"Really? Try me, because your coffins are next to go. Say goodbye to your family Klaus."

Stefan hit the gas, and we went even faster. Tears raced down my cheeks, and a scream left my lips. Fuck dignity, I was going to beg for my life. "Stefan! Stefan, please don't do this! Please! She's only eighteen! Please! I don't want to die! Don't turn her! Please, Stefan!"

Elena's screams joined mine. Both of us were terrified, and he wasn't relenting. "Stefan, slow down! Stefan! Stefan, stop it!"

"Fine, I'll send them away. You win."

The blood drained from my face, we weren't slowing. "Stefan! Stefan, stop!" My sister screamed.

"Stop the car, Stefan!" Klaus shouted into the phone.

The brakes skidded, and we stopped just before we hit the railing.

Klaus hung up, and Elena got out of the car like it was on fire. Stefan followed as I tried to take in deep breaths. I wasn't dead, that was good.

Shakily, I got out of the car as Stefan and Elena were fighting.

Both of them looked over at me as I started backing away. "I'm-" I choked and looked around, "I'm going to walk home. I need air. And space. And time. And something else. Don't know what yet, but I'll figure it out."

Elena was gasping and crying. As I passed, I reached out and hugged her. "I wouldn't have let you become a vampire, Lena. And I do love you. And I didn't really mean what I said. I'm not kicking you out. I love you. See you at home."

"By Europa," She cried lightly.

I kissed her forehead and walked away.

I don't know where I was, or for how long I had been walking. I knew I should have stayed with Elena, caught a ride with whoever ended up picking her up, but I needed this. 

Maybe not the lost bit, but the solidarity and the quiet. 

Definitely the quiet. 

I finally stopped moving and just sat down. Everything hurt. My nose was broken, my chest hurt from Stefan elbowing me, my wrists were very, very broken. I just wanted to cry, which I had been doing since I started walking, and that is why I now have a headache because of dehydration. 

Then, before I could stop myself, I was crying again. 

I talked big back when I was yelling at everyone, but I knew that some of this was my fault. I should have never made Jenna watch Elena and Jeremy; at the very least she would still be alive, but I also know I would have been more vigilant with how Elena was acting and made sure she knew the consequences. 

Which isn't a hit on Jenna and her parenting, it's just I knew about the supernatural community. 

But even if I hadn't, I know I needed to spend more time with Elena and Jeremy, make sure that they knew they could lean on me and that I was a support system they had. I should have focused on reversing the bad habits formed, tried anything to get them to realize that there were healthier ways to deal with problems. 

It could even go back to the start when mom and dad asked me to stay home, and I refused. If I had stayed home, I would have driven to get Elena that night, I would have died and not my parents. If my parents weren't dead, they could have taken some of the harder decisions off her hands. They would have helped her learn to mourn my death and move on. Elena would have never been found by Elijah, Klaus would have never come to town, everyone would be happier. 

All of this, everything that happened. It's on me. 

I've never felt a weight so crushing before in my life. 

Sobs tumbled out of my mouth; I dropped my head to my hands, unsure as to how to move forward. That's when I felt something touch my shoulder. 

A scream left my lips, and I jumped up, backing away as I turned to see who or what was behind me. 

Apart of me felt sick to see none other than Klaus standing there, hands up in surrender and to show that he meant no harm. Another part, a more significant part of me, felt overwhelming relief at seeing him. Immediately, my tears slowed, and my shaking stopped. 

I felt safe. 

"Klaus," I said softly, tears springing to my eyes again. God, I was such a baby.

"Come here, I know," He told me, opening his arms. 

I stumbled forward, and Klaus caught me by my upper arms, looking at my face and body with barely concealed rage. I was sure I looked like a mess. My eyes were probably black, I definitely had a swollen nose that was bruised and red. Tear tracks stained my cheeks, and my hands hung limply at my sides. 

I tried not to look at them because they looked like someone implanted softballs into my wrist it was so bad. 

"I can heal your pain if you want me too," Klaus said softly. 

I was shocked; usually, he just did without asking. Then again, most of the time, I was dying, so he made an executive decision. Shrugging I looked down at the ground, "I don't really feel it right now, but yeah. That's probably a good idea." I said softly with a nod. 

Not a second later, Klaus had his wrist against my mouth, my back pressed into his chest as I drank his blood. 

My physical pain subsided, but I didn't feel any better. I started to cry all over again as I let Klaus hold me up, relying on his strength when my own failed me. "I'm a horrible person! I'm a terrible sister! I could have died today, and my siblings' last memory of me would have been a fight! It wasn't worth it! Elena almost died, I gave Stefan that idea! All of this is my fault!" I whimpered into Klaus' chest as he held me. 

"I should have never gone to MIT. I should have stayed in Mystic Falls, and when Elena called that night needing a ride, she should have called me. If I died, then my parents would still be alive, Jenna would be alive, none of this would have happened! Elena probably would have never had the chance to love Stefan because my parents would have killed him." 

Then I stopped, and my newly healed hand flew to my mouth. "Oh my god, I'm a terrible person! I just wished for Stefan's death! I was just angry over them playing with lives, and I just said it would have been better if Stefan died! What is wrong with me?" 

Klaus didn't say anything, he just held me. His presence alone began to soothe me until I was only whimpering softly, not sobbing. Once I was done crying, I let him scoop me up in his arms and take me home. To my home this time, not his.

Alaric, Elena, Jeremy, Caroline, and Liz were all standing on the porch, and all of them looked worried. 

"It looks like you have a search party forming, love," Klaus joked with a smile. He sped out of the car and opened my door for me, helping me out of the vehicle. 

Once I was out, I was embraced by Caroline and Elena tightly. "Oh my god, we were so worried! We thought you had been eaten or met an animal in the woods!" Caroline cried into my shoulder softly, "Which I guess you did," 

Klaus laughed good-naturedly at the jibe and shook his head.

Alaric, Jeremy, and Liz came down from the porch. All of them wary. "This is the second time in a day that he's driven you home from you being missing. Do we need to worry?" Alaric asked me, only partially joking. 

"No, I haven't compelled her or anything, just given her much needed breaks from being super-sister. You're welcome, by the way." Grumbled Klaus, obviously more than a little offended but not doing anything drastic. I liked to believe it was because I was there, but that's just my opinion. 

"I'm fine guys. Klaus found me in the middle of nowhere and got me home safely. I owe him a great deal." 

At that, the fanged puppy grinned, "I like you owing me." He said cheekily. 

My eyebrow cocked. "Yeah, we're even for you kidnapping me for a week. Mainly because you did a lot of saving my life that week, you still owe me for killing a few members of my family, trying to kill Jeremy, and killing Rick." 

"Rick's alive darling," Klaus pointed out the one flaw in my statement. 

My arms crossed, "He still died. Then almost died again, so still counts." I said smugly. When he rolled his eyes and shoved his hands in his pockets though, I swallowed my pride. Which I seem to be doing a lot of around him. "Thank you, though. For everything today." 

"You're welcome, Europa." Then he took my hand, kissed it before getting in his car, and speeding away. 

A/N: Okay, so heavy front part of the chapter but the second half is cute, and I reconciled Elena and Europa. Slight tidbit, while editing this chapter, deleting, adding, you know the usual, I looked at my words typed and saw this glaring down at me:

WTF! Why does the universe hate me? I am a massive Iron Man fan, so this kinda hit me in the feels. The final product isn't exactly 3000 words, it ended at around 2500 ish but still! Just thought I would share that with you all. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 576 45
One kiss changed everything. After defeating Dahlia thanks to the devious minds of Jessica Gilbert and Klaus Mikaelson, Jessica was excited to finall...
231K 8.7K 24
☽ 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 ☾ ...
92.4K 2.6K 44
𝐋𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞, A girl turned weapon, obtaining an insatiable desire of knowledge. Desperate to hold the worlds secrets in the palm of...
5.3K 239 12
TVD SEASON 2 TO TBD KLAUS MIKAELSON X OC