It's Complicated

By kayla_gummy_bear

Jay lived in a seemingly perfect life. His parents were supportive of everything he did. He had friends. He h... More

Perfect Life
Wild Fires
New Classes Without Different Meanings
An Unusual Kind Of Storm
An Unspoken Knowledge
Shopping With Understanding...
Colors and Bonds
Words and Intentions
Dinner With The Smiths
Sleepovers and New Best Friends...
Monday's Dilemma
Feelings
New Relationship
Family Complications
Blackouts and Hospitals
Avoiding and Hiding
Back to School
The Office
New Beginnings
Cole, Wu, and Me
Alone with Nya
First Day On The Job Pt. 1
First Day On The Job Pt.2
New Found Fame And Annoyance
Get Out Of My Life
I Have Problems Too
Halloween
Lies
I'm Leaving
Stuck In A Limbo
Eye Before The Storm
Overworked
Visiting For The First Time
The Hidden Room Under The Stairs
Lesson 101: How To Hide A Body
I'm Fine
A New Member...
Break Apart
Take back
I Feel So Lonely
Confrontation
Admitting
Quiet Reunion
The First Argument
"Sick"
Welcome To My Abode
Dinner Talk
Dreams
Edna
Confessions
Trauma
Birthday Gone Wrong
Darkness
Heartbreak and Plans
The Gordian Knot- Part 1
Cameras
Tea Time
The Garmadons: Part 1
Restrained
The Gordian Knot- Part 2
The History Of Kidnappings Is A Long One...
Scapegoat (The Garmadons- Part 2)
Leverage
Monster
Another Thing Coming
Peekaboo
Where The Wind Blows
Everything They Know
Epilogue: Chasing Light

Befriending Cole

611 27 5
By kayla_gummy_bear

Jay POV

It has been about a month of endless training from Wu. I still couldn't control my lightning at all. I still had to wear the stupid cuffs with a long sleeved shirt because I could zap someone.

I felt Cole looking at me from across the hallway. I simply looked back at him, smiled and waved. Then, I went and put things down in my locker. It was then when I felt someone lifting me up from my shirt.

"What did I tell you?" Nadakhan whispered into my ear.

I struggled to get out of his grasp, but I had no success.

"He told you to stay away from Nya. Are you just so Stupid that you cannot follow simple directions? No wonder why your Parents hate you." Morro said as he watched Nadakhan hold me with one arm.

"You are lying. You cannot control other people's lives." I said as I looked at him straight in the face.

I didn't notice the crowds that started to gather around us.

Nadakhan punched me right in the face. Hard. He continued to do it in the same spot over and over and over again. I could feel myself become dizzy.

"ENOUGH NADAKHAN!!!" Cole yelled as he stood nose to nose with him, blocking him from me.

"What did you say to me, twerp?" Nadakhan threatened.

"I said to LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!" Cole yelled as he punched Nadakhan right back in the eye.

"You are gonna regret that Brookestone! Do you hear me?" Nadakhan yelled as Morro took him away.

As soon as both of them left, Cole came and checked on me.

"Jay, buddy, are you okay?" Cole asked me as he tried to pry my hand off of my face.

"Wu. I need to see Wu." I said as I kept trying to move while I kept my hand on my face.

"Jay. You need to let me see your face." Cole whispered as he once again tried to pry my hand off.

"You can see my face once I see Wu." I said as I held onto the locker for support.

"Fine." Cole told me as he helped me navigate my way to Wu's office.

"Thank you Cole." I told him while we waited for Wu to come back to his office.

"For what?" Cole asked in shock.

"For helping me with Nadakhan." I told him with a smile as I removed my hand from my face.

Cole gasped as he looked at my face.

"Your face Jay." Cole whispered.

"I've had worse." I said simply.

"Friends?" Cole asked me with a smile.

"More than friends. Brothers." I told him as he pulled me into a hug. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.4K 923 22
Hordak was sent to be conditioned. Conditioned. Has this happened before? No, yes, no...he cannot recall. In fact, Hordak cannot recall about anythin...
9.8K 150 5
The Kratt brothers were going on another creature adventure, except this time something went up. Chris felt under the weather and was secretly willin...
218K 4.6K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
15K 596 21
Theseus and NightCrawler are the 17th Districts most notorious vigilantes, having escaped the grip of capture on multiple occasions. But what happens...