Snakes Say My Name

By VEAUNE

With two differnt lives that ran the streets, Draco and Kayla had finally met in the day of light. They never... More

A
B
C
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z

D

2.3K 90 13
By VEAUNE

Kayla

"Are you honestly sure about this?" Mari asked watching me change.

I pulled my shirt over my head, fully putting it on. "Girl, it's just university. You think I wanna be gambling money forever?"

I had told the girls about me going on and living in the university and their thoughts on it were alright.

China felt like I had somewhat betrayed her since she's been trying to get into school but had such terrible records that she knew they wouldn't let her in.

Honestly, majority of the girls felt this way. Like I had taken on a opportunity that they deserved, but it wasn't just fair for me to throw away my dreams just because they couldn't have theirs.

A lot of them complained about not having the money, and I honestly thought that was bullshit seeing that they make so much money from weed selling that they didn't mind spending on stupid shit.

The only one, after me, who was trying to do stuff with her life was Miko. Her intrest in technology helped her strive to want to learn more. She also wanted to meet her parents and had a special date set up for it.

"I'm  just saying," Trina came out the bathroom whipping her nose, "When you're gone doing your shit and living your best life- we have to pick up your slack."

I rolled my eyes at her comment. "I care about you guys, I really do, but I'm not going to live my whole life under a shadow and sell. I don't want that to be my future."

I walked over to the kitchen, built into my small apartment, as Mari followed me trying to keep me from my decision.

"I understand what you mean but, what about the rest of us? You have a whole scholarship and we have nothing. You're just gunna let us lay low on the streets?"

I opened the fridge taking out some yogurt. I didn't want to sound selfish, but it really wasn't my fault that they didn't get scholarships. "Listen, I love you guys. Don't get me wrong- but I have to do what I have to do."

I took a spoon, placing it in the yogurt then into my mouth.

"Whatever," Mari said throwing her hands up.

There was a hard knock at the door that made Trina and I share looks with each other.

"Who's there?" I yelled still slipping spoons of yogurt into my mouth.

"Police."

I rolled my eyes motioning for Mari to open the door.

I couldn't do it since my foot was in bad care. For a whole week I had been on crutches.

"How may we help you?" She asked leaning against the door.

"Is this the residence of Kayla Ridges?" His eyes wondered around the apartment.

"You don't look like an officer to me," Mari snickered leading herself to the other side of the door.

I continued on with my day as she talked the officer out of communicating with me. If it was one thing about Mari, it would be the fact that she was good at distracting.

I grabbed my back pack and waited until she returned.

"Since when did you get hickeys?" I asked with a furrowed brow.

She smilled and shewed me away with her hand. "I might just cuff the cop."

"What did he want?" I asked taking another bite.

"He wanted to know if we've seen, heard, or witnessed the stealings that happened not too long ago. He also wanted to know if we've seen any drug tradings."

I'm glad she spoke at the door for me because I wasn't the best at lying, especially to officers who could read faces like mine.

I could tell they were on their way out since masks were placed around their faces.

Trina  looked down at my foot and shook her head. "What even happend?"

I lifted my foot while leaning on one of the crutches. "Some idiot at walmart ran over my foot. The doctor said I should have these in a little longer."

"Wow," Mari glanced down at my foot. "Whoever did it was not playing."

                         ● ● ●

When I got to USH, I couldn't help but smile.

There were so many people here, but I felt intimidated since they weren't the people I was use to.

They weren't a fighting Zo and China, a Blasian baddie like Miko, a beautiful faced Rocky, and they were most defiantly not my bestfriends like Trina and Mari.

When I got to my first class, it was too packed. I made sure to just sit in the back so I would avoid any shenanigans up front.

My hair was in a slight bob, so It didn't get stuck between all the moving I was doing.

While everyone took their items out, and the teacher began speaking, a light skinned boy, followed by a fade, sat next to me.

"Everyone be seated please!" The professor spoke.

He looked like he had gotten burned from the sun- or at least attempted to get a tan. His skin was contemplating if it wanted to be pink or white. He had a large bald spot in the middle of his head followed by specs of hair on the circumference.

The boy looked at me for a moment, as if he were trying to figure me out, then he squinted.

"The fuck you lookin at?" I snapped at him.

He turned his eyes away then looked back at me.

Before making any movement, I took my time to observe his eyes. They were hazel and pretty. Maybe for a momment I thought it was the guy who tried to shoot me, but I quickly snapped myself out of that mindset. Miko had killed him.

I jerked my head at him only to be called out by the professor.

"Is there an issue?" He said while pulling his glasses off.

I shook my head noticing the silence.

"Okay, Now back to what I was saying about society's economics today..." the teacher continued on.

I couldn't stand niggas like that. Why would someone just look at me, just to LOOK? It was so annoying.

I wanted to pop this niggas eyes out his sockets with my crutches, make him blind like he was in his mamas womb, but I had to keep my shit straight.

Through out class he kept letting little glances at me, and I would look back.

The more he looked, the more puzzled his face grew.

When class ended I stood up and grabbed my things, quickly walking, more like wobbling, outside the door.

I waited for what seemed to be like 3 minutes until he walked out. And when he finally did, I stepped in front of him.

"Do I know you, do you know me?" I asked looking up.

It was a challenge to be intimidating when he was more than a few inches taller than me.

He looked me up and down a few times before catching my eyes again, and then he squinted once more. "Nah, I just have a staring issue."

I turned my head to the side. "I don't give a fuck about what kinda issue you have, look at me again and I might just let a bullet-" I stopped myself from talking.

No one knows what I do outside of school, and if I wanted to keep it that way, then I needed to shut the fuck up. I can't just go walking around talking about shooting people up, I'll grow suspect.

"Anyways," I said patting his chest," stop looking at me."

He looked down at my cruntches and laughed. "Lil girl, I look at whoever the fuck I want. If you really got a issue with it then make me stop."

Now, I was the one squinting my eyes. "Just because I'm crippled right now doesn't mean I won't fuck you up every moment I get. And that little starring issue you got? Yea, go ahead and keep looking.  I know I'm so pretty that people like you find it hard to look away."

I walked off feeling his eyes follow me.

"That ass is hard to look away from too," he shouted as I walked around the corner.

Some niggas.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 65.1K 58
"𝚃𝚘 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚝 𝚊 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚣𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚕...
170K 7.3K 32
Complete 4th written book
121K 4.4K 28
What you looking at". I say putting the plate in the dishwasher. "Nothing". She says handing me the last dish so I could but it in the dishwasher. I...
203K 6.2K 39
Just read PLEASE DONT BE GHOST READERS VOTE COMMENT THANK U