lying for love (h.potter)

By direwolf_2500

"i'm single" being a malfoy is hard enough but also being the secret girlfriend of harry potter that's hell d... More

cast
playlist
epigraph
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve

chapter seven

5.3K 142 39
By direwolf_2500

arabella pov

Today was the day the three school champions would be chosen.

The new schools were now settled in and were kind of weird in their own way.

The Durmstang students were alright cocky but alright.

But don't even get me started on Beauxbatons girls.

They think they are all that because some of them are veelas which automatically makes them think they are better than us Hogwarts girls.

This one time I was walking up to Draco to ask him a question and one of them stopped me.

"Um excuse me he is mine" She said in a snobby voice.

"Um excuse me I'm his sister" I answered back in a mocking voice before pushing the girl aside.

Now currently I was sitting in the Great Hall next to Draco and Elijah.

Once the plates had been wiped clean, Dumbledore stood up again.

A pleasant sort of tension seemed to fill the Hall now.

"The moment has come," said Dumbledore, smiling around at the sea of upturned faces.

"The Triwizard Tournament is about to start. I would like to say a few words of explanation before we bring in the casket just to clarify the procedure that we will be following this year. But first, let me introduce, for those who do not know them, Mr. Bartemius Crouch, Head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation and Mr. Ludo Bagman, Head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports."

There was a much louder round of applause for Bagman than for Crouch, perhaps because of his fame as a Beater, or simply because he looked so much more likable. He acknowledged it with a jovial wave of his hand. Bartemius Crouch did not smile or wave when his name was announced. I remembered him in his neat suit at the Quidditch World Cup when he was talking to father.

"Mr. Bagman and Mr. Crouch have worked tirelessly over the last few months on the arrangements for the Triwizard Tournament," Dumbledore continued, "and they will be joining myself, Professor Karkaroff, and Madame Maxime on the panel that will judge the champions' efforts."

At the mention of the word "champions," the attentiveness of the listening students seemed to sharpen. Perhaps Dumbledore had noticed their sudden stillness, for he smiled as he said, "The casket, then, if you please, Mr. Filch."

Filch, who had been lurking unnoticed in a far corner of the Hall, now approached Dumbledore carrying a great wooden chest encrusted with jewels. It looked extremely old.

A murmur of excited interest rose from the watching students; Dennis Creevey actually stood on his chair to see it properly, but, being so tiny, his head hardly rose above anyone else's.

"The instructions for the tasks the champions will face this year have already been examined by Mr. Crouch and Mr. Bagman," said Dumbledore as Filch placed the chest carefully on the table before him, "and they have made the necessary arrangements for each challenge. There will be three tasks, spaced throughout the school year, and they will test the champions in many different ways.. their magical prowess - their daring - their powers of deduction - and, of course, their ability to cope with danger."

At this last word, the Hall was filled with a silence so absolute that nobody seemed to be breathing.

"As you know, three champions compete in the tournament," Dumbledore went on calmly, "one from each of the participating schools. They will be marked on how well they perform each of the Tournament tasks and the champion with the highest total after task three will win the Triwizard Cup. The champions will be chosen by an impartial selector: the Goblet of Fire."

Dumbledore now took out his wand and tapped three times upon the top of the casket.

The lid creaked slowly open. Dumbledore reached inside it and pulled out a large, roughly hewn wooden cup. It would have been entirely unremarkable had it not been full to the brim with dancing blue-white flames.
Dumbledore closed the casket and placed the goblet carefully on top of it, where it would be clearly visible to everyone in the Hall.

"Anybody wishing to submit themselves as champion must write their name and school clearly upon a slip of parchment and drop it into the goblet," said Dumbledore. "Aspiring champions have twenty-four hours in which to put their names forward. Tomorrow night, Halloween, the goblet will return the names of the three it has judged most worthy to represent their schools. The goblet will be placed in the entrance hall tonight, where it will be freely accessible to all those wishing to compete.

"To ensure that no underage student yields to temptation," said Dumbledore, "I will be drawing an Age Line around the Goblet of Fire once it has been placed in the entrance hall. Nobody under the age of seventeen will be able to cross this line.

"Finally, I wish to impress upon any of you wishing to compete that this tournament is not to be entered into lightly. Once a champion has been selected by the Goblet of Fire, he or she is obliged to see the tournament through to the end. The placing of your name in the goblet constitutes a binding, magical contract. There can be no change of heart once you have become a champion. Please be very sure, therefore, that you are wholeheartedly prepared to play before you drop your name into the goblet. Now, I think it is time for bed. Good night to you all."

With that said all students rushed to their common rooms are where they were staying buzzing with excitement for the tournament.

time skip

The next day a lot of people had entered the competition.

Almost all of Durmstrang had entered and some from Beauxbatons and Hogwarts had entered as well.

I was currently walking down the hall with Alex who was buzzing with excitement.

"Ooh what if Hogwarts wins!" She exclaimed. "Oh what if we know the champion wouldn't that be amazing, I heard Diggory was going to join you remember him right."

Cedric Diggory was always an annoying git to me at least.

Everyone saw him as the picture perfect Hogwarts student good grade good looks but to me he was a bastard.

Cedric had been trying to get me on a date for the past year.

I turned to Alex after we finally stopped.

"Oh wouldn't that be great" I sarcastically answered.

Alex rolled her eyes.

"He's sweet" Alex said.

"It's creepy" I answered.

We left it off at that and walked into the Great Hall.

I saw old men laying on the ground and was confused and then I realized who it was.

I giggled turning to Alec and whispered
"It's the Weasley twins"

Alex giggled as well as we sat down at the bleachers that now resides in the Great Hall.

We turned once we heard a voice.

"I did warn you," said Professor Dumbledore coming out of the Great Hall.

He surveyed the twins his eyes twinkling. "I suggest you both go up to Madam Pomfrey. She is already tending to Miss Fawcett, of Ravenclaw, and Mr. Summers, of Hufflepuff, both of whom decided to age themselves up a little too. Though I must say, neither of their beards is anything like as fine as yours."

We giggled as the Weasley twins ran out of the Hall.

Elijah came in and when he saw us ran towards us.

"Warrington joined" He whispered.

I chocked on my water.

"The one that looks like a sloth" i whispered shocked.

He nodded as he sat down all of us sitting there before Alex broke the silence.

"He would be to slow" She said as we all laughed.

time skip

By now it was the Halloween feats and almost all the students from the three schools old enough had entered.

"Well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision," said Dumbledore. "I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber" - he indicated the door behind the staff table - "where they will be receiving their first instructions."

We all waited patiently as Dumbledore walked up to the goblet waiting for it to announce the champions.

The flames inside the goblet turned suddenly red again. Sparks began to fly from it. Next moment, a tongue of flame shot into the air, a charred piece of parchment fluttered out of it - the whole room gasped.

Dumbledore caught the piece of parchment and held it at arm's length, so that he could read it by the light of the flames, which had turned back to blue-white.

"The champion for Durmstrang," he read, in a strong, clear voice, "will be Viktor Krum."

"Bravo, Viktor!" boomed Karkaroff, so loudly that everyone could hear him, even over all the applause. "Knew you had it in you!"

The clapping and chatting died down. Now everyone's attention was focused again on the goblet, which, seconds later, turned red once more. A second piece of parchment shot out of it, propelled by the flames.

"The champion for Beauxbatons," said Dumbledore, "is Fleur Delacour!"

Everyone clapped and I could see Ron cheering extra loud which made me roll my eyes.

Finally it was time for the Hogwarts Champion.

And the Goblet of Fire turned red once more; sparks showered out of it; the tongue of flame shot high into the air, and from its tip Dumbledore pulled the third piece of parchment.

"The Hogwarts champion," he called, "is Cedric Diggory!"

With that said my jaw dropped and I did an annoyed slow clap.

If course he had been chosen of course.

Everyone buzzing with their own different excitement went to go leave when the goblet glowed once again.

Automatically, it seemed, Dumbledore reached out a long hand and seized the
parchment. He held it out and stared at the name written upon it. There was a long pause, during which Dumbledore stared at the slip in his hands, and everyone in the room stared at Dumbledore. And then Dumbledore cleared his throat and read out - "Harry Potter."

And with that my boyfriend had his world turned upside down.

(I didn't follow the exact story line and changed a few parts but I hope you still enjoyed it. Also many of the words I use are the exact words from the book so I give that credit to j.k Rowling)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 3.1K 20
the sister Arabella Malfoy, the girl who lived, Draco Malfoy's twin sister. Kept away from the magical world for 14 years. She is then brought home...
207K 5.7K 69
"I will always want you." --- Kelly Rivera is a simple girl - a warm hearted, pureblood Slytherin who also happens to be the best friend of Draco...
808K 17.8K 23
Ivy Evans, Slytherin, 6th Year, Harry Potter's twin sister, little to her and Harry's knowledge. After Ivy's adoptive muggle parents die, Professor...
3.5K 113 40
we were too scared to leave and too broken to stay but we found love in the hurt we felt. - a draco malfoy story most impressive ranks #1 in ilovedr...