chapter seven

arabella pov

arabella pov

Today was the day the three school champions would be chosen.

The new schools were now settled in and were kind of weird in their own way.

The Durmstang students were alright cocky but alright.

But don't even get me started on Beauxbatons girls.

They think they are all that because some of them are veelas which automatically makes them think they are better than us Hogwarts girls.

This one time I was walking up to Draco to ask him a question and one of them stopped me.

"Um excuse me he is mine" She said in a snobby voice.

"Um excuse me I'm his sister" I answered back in a mocking voice before pushing the girl aside.

Now currently I was sitting in the Great Hall next to Draco and Elijah.

Once the plates had been wiped clean, Dumbledore stood up again.

A pleasant sort of tension seemed to fill the Hall now.

"The moment has come," said Dumbledore, smiling around at the sea of upturned faces.

"The Triwizard Tournament is about to start. I would like to say a few words of explanation before we bring in the casket just to clarify the procedure that we will be following this year. But first, let me introduce, for those who do not know them, Mr. Bartemius Crouch, Head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation and Mr. Ludo Bagman, Head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports."

There was a much louder round of applause for Bagman than for Crouch, perhaps because of his fame as a Beater, or simply because he looked so much more likable. He acknowledged it with a jovial wave of his hand. Bartemius Crouch did not smile or wave when his name was announced. I remembered him in his neat suit at the Quidditch World Cup when he was talking to father.

"Mr. Bagman and Mr. Crouch have worked tirelessly over the last few months on the arrangements for the Triwizard Tournament," Dumbledore continued, "and they will be joining myself, Professor Karkaroff, and Madame Maxime on the panel that will judge the champions' efforts."

At the mention of the word "champions," the attentiveness of the listening students seemed to sharpen. Perhaps Dumbledore had noticed their sudden stillness, for he smiled as he said, "The casket, then, if you please, Mr. Filch."

Filch, who had been lurking unnoticed in a far corner of the Hall, now approached Dumbledore carrying a great wooden chest encrusted with jewels. It looked extremely old.

A murmur of excited interest rose from the watching students; Dennis Creevey actually stood on his chair to see it properly, but, being so tiny, his head hardly rose above anyone else's.