THE DOMINO EFFECT

By mary4561

Meghan Adams is humiliated when her fiancé George Ricci stops their wedding to tell her. He's already marrie... More

Confusion
Italy
Making Sacrifies
New Start
Letter
The Press
Family
Truce
Naked
The One Night Stand
The Plant
Letter 2
The Gossip Monger
Revelations
Status Quo
Baby?
Normality
The Popeye's Incidence
Bait/Switch
The Hamptons
A Secret Told
Comfort
Letter 3(chapter25 on wordfolder)
Friends
Peace(wordchapter27)
New friends(Chapter 28)
Is This For Real?
Bonding
Regrets(31)
Sisters
The Reason/Letters
Changes
Strength(35)
Blissfully Happy
The Gynaecologist
Susan
Paris
Prelude
The Gala
The Aftermath
Family Tree
Sadness
Surprise(45)
Dna Results
Shock
The Twist(48)
News
The Final Letter
Bonus Chapter
April's story
Posting April's story
Meghan in April's Story
posting again

Negotiations

1.1K 17 3
By mary4561

George and Meghan discuss sleeping arrangements he was willing to sleep in a separate bedroom to her. She told him they would share her bedroom. It had his and hers closets and she wanted the staff to think this was a marriage of love.
Meghan was very aware magazines and newspapers were always trying to get a story on her. While her staff had signed non disclosures agreements. You never know what can happen when money and temptation came into play. 

Meghan wanted to protect her son Arthur as much as possible so she was determined to treat the staff even better than before. That way they weren't tempted to sell a story on her family.

"What do you mean you got married to George.  Meghan did you forget the humiliation of your wedding day. He has just lost his wife and to marry him so quickly it's shameful".

Meghan listened to her mother waffling on about her no good husband. She couldn't really defend George because most of what her mother said was true.

"Is dad there with you?"

"Yes honey".

"Please put me on speaker I need to tell you both something".

She tells them everything that happened from the phone call onwards.

"She had no right to steal from the both of you I hope you both are fully intending to sue the companies for giving your property away so freely. Do you believe George that he was forced to marry her?"

"I don't know mum for all I know they slept together and were a real couple".

"George grew in Italy he would've been taught family is everything .  I can believe he married her for the reasons he did", says her father.

"We're grandparents",  says her mother Susan. "I'm forty-mine years old and a grandmother".

"Are you upset about it?" Ask Meghan.

"Of course not sweetie I'm fuming about the way I became one though and I'm still young enough to not look like a grey hair grandmother stereotype".

Meghan hears noise onthe baby monitor, "I've  got to go Arthur is up".

At dinner that night George bought up the idea of a honeymoon.

"My parents would love to meet their grandson and it would be good for us to get out the country for a while. There is no way the press won't find out about our marriage".

She realises what he meant, "You want to tell them about it before we go away on our terms".

He nods, "I can work away from the office and I've already started the paperwork for Arthur's passport. If we go to the passport agency my lawyer said it should take eight days to a week to get one".

"That's fine, I'm unsure of flying with a baby so young but as we will be flying private I feel a bit better. I want that plane deep clean".

"It will be don't you worry".

"Have you told your family George about the circumstances of Arthur's  birth?"

"I have and I'm sorry.  I was a coward back then".

"You still are George  because nothing was stopping you from telling me the truth about your marriage after your divorce. You could have told me the truth instead you didn't".

"You and I both know you would have put the phone down the minute you heard my voice".

Meghan realised he spoke the truth but she was still angry and felt she had every right to be.

"You could have sent me a email or a letter if you really wanted me to know the truth".

He sighs because he realised she was right.

"The staff working here will think we have a happy marriage just like the people outside this house will. We are putting on a show for the cameras and the newspapers or at least I'll try to. They know all about my humiliation eight months ago. Don't forget some of those editors witnessed it first hand. We're working our way up to being acquaintances at this point then maybe to friends. We will have separate bedrooms in Italy".

George nods, "Of course and don't worry I get it we're putting on a show. All I ask is please be cordial to me when we're with my friends and family. The press will have a lot to say about us getting married so quickly. Especially, after for all they know my Ex-wife's death. I know we won't be pretending to be in love when we're with families since they know the truth about our marriage. I would like my wife to attend company functions with me and parties I get invited to".

Meghan stop eating ,"Don't worry I will play the part of the dutiful wife. I realised as you were talking my original suggestion of putting on a show outside of this house was never really going to work. I don't want when Arthur is older he sees pictures of his parents looking like they hate each other".

"I thought after we visited my family in Italy we could go somewhere else for a week just us and Arthur."

"A real honeymoon you mean".

"I messed up eight month ago it's true but Meghan I prayed after the wedding to get a second chance with you and one day to even have children with you. I can't say I'm not happy with our current situation. I've the family I've always wanted finally with you as my wife. It's as if god answered my prayer. Yes I want us to go on honeymoon we're a married couple after all. You pick where you want to go and don't forget you're married to a billionaire".

"Don't forget I have my own money and my family is just as rich as yours".

"Let me paid for our honeymoon cara it's important to me".

Meghan takes a sip of her drink, "Okay I'll consent to the second week of our honeymoon. I want us to go to the Seychelles. Hopefully by the time we come back here things wouldn't be so awkward between us".

The trip to Italy at first was slightly awkward since the last time Meghan saw most of George's family. They were staring at her in shock on her first wedding day. Now she was spending a week with them.

George pulls up to his family's mansion and Meghan couldn't help but remember the last time she was there. Just how happy they all were talking about the wedding and George's cousins teasing him about stealing Meghan away from them.

As she walks through the foyer of the mansion Meghan looks around at the marble entrance way.

She sees George's mother Maria she was a tall thin elegant looking women in her late fifties. Her brown hair was tied in a bun. Next to her was Antonio, George's father a grey haired man slightly smaller than his six foot one son. They both smile at Meghan and look at Arthur in her arms unsure of what to do.

"Hello Maria, Antonio  it's nice to see you both again. I hope you're both well."

George's parents were visibly relieve Meghan was speaking to them without any anger in her voice. "Madre(mother), padre(father) you remember my wife Meghan. And this is our son Arthur Davide(David)".

Maria and Antonio walk to where Meghan was, "Thank you for giving my boy another chance and for allowing us to be grandparents. But most importantly allowing my son to be a father I know this isn't easy for you.  It's been betrayal after betrayal. Just know my husband and I will do our best to make sure your week here is pleasant".

"Thank you María for those kind words", says Meghan. "Can you show me somewhere Arthur and I can freshen up please".

"Of course dear follow me I've put a crib in your room but there is also a nursery made up for the little one. His room is between yours and George's".

Meghan follows Maria up the stairs holding on to Arthur very carefully. When she get to her room she was open mouthed it was so beautiful. The room was painted in a light gray colour, a large chandelier was hanging in the room. There was a kingside bed frame in a lighter grey colour than what was on the walls. There were table lamps on either side of the bed which was decorated with white pillows cases and grey sheets with a pink throw.

There was a large pink ottoman at the end of the bed Meghan was touched she remembers having a conversation with Maria.  Where she her that her ideal bedroom was one with different shades of greys with white and pink accents. She looks at the light grey curtains and starts to weep.

She places Arthur in his crib and Maria hugs her, "I 've pictured coming here a year ago in the future with my husband and child. Then walking into this room and my wish has come through except my marriage isn't a love marriage and we're only together for the sake of our son".

"You have a chance to change that last part of your statement but it's up to you to make the change. It will take time but remember you both loved each other once upon a time".

"I can't talk about that now right now because the baby has bought everything back up. I don't know if I can forgive George".

"Why don't you go have a shower and I'll take care of my grandson. In the meantime I'll go tell George to bring your suitcases up".

Meghan goes to the bathroom undresses and have a shower. When she walk back into her bedroom she sees George stroking a sleeping Arthur.

He turns at the sound of the bathroom door opening and sees Meghan dripping wet clad only in a towel.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 3K 64
It has always been Rose and Will. Although they hate each other, they can't deny the pull towards each other that they've had since they were 6. The...
31.2K 279 31
There's a long history between Connie and Alex. They met when Alex lived in Essex before he 'took a fated trip across the ocean', and Connie moved to...
461K 13.3K 36
Have you ever heard of being hired because you were honest? Well, this is a first! Emma: a proud, sarcastic but honest girl who gets hired because s...
43.7K 771 31
(NOT FULLY EDITED) Madison has dealt with abuse and heart ache her whole life thinking that it was what she deserved. First her parents then her boyf...