The Princess of Eurasia ✓

By Michaa66

Elle Smith, a beautiful princess that loses her mother due to a terrible accident, has to find a future King... More

:Prologue:
:Part One:
:Part Two:
:Part Three:
:Part Four:
:Part Six:
:Announcements:

:Part Five:

14 1 0
By Michaa66

I sit on my bed, writing everything that pops into my mind down. I smile at the thought of Erik going out of his way to confess to me. He seemed excited until I rejected my one and only love.

"ELLE!" Marc pounds on my door.

"What?" I yell.

"Frederick needs to see you. You better hurry!" Marc sounded worried.

I go on my balcony and notice the sun setting. It was time for the ball to begin. I quickly run back inside and head downstairs. Father was greeting people already. I stand beside him, helping him greet people.

"Where's Mia and Ali?" He whispers to me.

"They should be coming." I smile at the next people in line.

I curtsy, Father bows. We do this for a little bit until everyone arrives. I look at everyone and their spouses. I frown, wondering if I'll see Erik again. There's no way last night was a dream... Right?

Everyone dances and eats. I dance with Marc and Father near the end. We had a little bit until I give my speech.

"ELLE!" Wade yells, back hugging me.

"WADE! GABRIEL!" I laugh.

Gabriel was standing behind Wade. I roll my eyes.

"Where's Mia and Ali?" Gabriel looked around.

I was thinking the same exact thing. I bite my lip and look around. I ended up searching for Ali while the boys searched for Mia. I pouted at the thought of losing not only my love, but my best friends.

I suddenly hear Ali's voice. I peek my head around the corner and see her talking to her Fiance. I sigh with relief. I walk away, trying to find Mia now.

WAIT.

"Ali!" I run back.

"Elle?" She laughs.

"Where's Mia?" I ask, panting.

"I haven't seen her. Maybe she's with her Fiance?" Ali shrugs.

I groan and run back to who knows where. I keep an eye out for Mia and my ears focused on the announcement for my speech. I could feel myself begin to get upset.

"Elle?" Mia's voice enters the hall.

I turn to look at her. Wade and Gabriel were standing behind her. She runs up to me, hugging the life out of me. I hug her back.

"Where were you?!" I snap.

"I was with my Fiance and another person I barely know." She shrugs, looking away.

Wade and Gabriel laugh at Mia's lying. I wanted to knock some sense into her but I bet it has something to do with my surprise.

"Go up to your room. I think you need rest." Mia nods.

"I- That's random. I have a speech to speak though." I complain.

"We got it covered. Just go get rested." Mia smiles, pushing me away.

I run upstairs and go into my room. I take my hair down, letting the curls fall freely. I change out of my dress and into my nightgown. I put my robe on and walk out onto my balcony.

I could hear humming and I thought it was just the gardener. I shrug it off and then shake my head. Why would my gardener be out here at this time?

"Hello, Elle." HIS voice says.

I turn around and see Erik. He was on my balcony. I was kind of freaked out by the fact that he was here the whole time. I was also happy because HE WAS HERE the whole time.

"Erik!" I smile.

He holds his arms open and I run into them. His arms wrap around me. I take in his scent with a huge smile on my face. Music begins to play. His hands grab onto my waist.

"I could've sworn I saw you last night. I-I was searching for you and then the fireworks... and and then the dancing and kiss!" I was so nervous that I stuttered everything out.

"And you thought it was a dream?" He laughs.

"Was it?" I frown.

He leans in, his lips touching mine. He pulls away, staring back at me. He smiles at my reaction.

"I don't think it was a dream. I really did find you." I slap him. "WHERE THE HECK DID YOU GO?!"

"Home..." He sighs.

"Why?" I frown.

"Well, there was serious threats going on. I was trying to ignore it but I had to go. By the time I got there, everything was being handled..." He looks away, tears filling his eyes.

"How was it handled?" I ask, cupping his face into my hands.

"War." His voice goes dark and husky.

I slowly let my hands fall to his chest. He clears his throat and begins to sway to the music. He smiles down at me, ignoring the fact that he just said some things that were confidential.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"You could be killed for what you just said." I snobbishly say.

"Well, I don't think I'm supposed to hide things with the person I love. I promised I would tell her everything." He grins.

"Everything?" I give him a look.

"Everything." He places his forehead against mine.

We dance in complete silence... Well, except for the music. He holds me closer as the cold hair begins to settle in. I smile at such a perfect night. This night couldn't get any better...

"Erik," I look up at him.

"Yes?" He continues looking out into the distance.

"I love you, too." I answer honestly.

"You do?" He almost chokes.

"Yes. Why else would I be-" He interrupts me.

"Princess... I don't think this conversation needs to be continued. We have bigger matters on our hands." He pulls my hand.

We run downstairs, "WHAT'S GOING ON?!" I yell.

"Where's your father?!" He looks around with wide eyes.

"He's up on the balcony in the ballroom. But-" Interrupted again.

Screaming travels throughout the first floor. Erik's quick reflexes pull me to him and push me inside a closet.

"STAY HERE! DON'T MAKE A NOISE! I'LL BE BACK!" Erik shuts the closet door, running away.

I slide down the wall, crying. I hear swords crashing against each other, screaming, and men shouting orders. My breathing speeds up as someone sneakily walks to my closet. He opens the door.

"Come on. Now." He holds his hand out.

I take his hand and he quickly rushes us to a nearby room. He looks for something and then looks at me.

"Do you know how to fight?" Erik asks.

"I... I've never learned!" I admit.

He nods and hands me a sword anyways. He looks out in the distance.

"DUCK!" He yells.

I duck and I hear a loud thump. I turn to look at what the noise was. It was a head that has been cut off by Erik.

"Can you please explain to me what's going on?" I ask, impatiently.

"Let's just say the men who fought my Kingdom are also after yours." He says.

Pause.

"Listen to me," Erik frowns. "Stay behind me and fight. You understand?"

I nod. He walks out of our room and I follow closely. He sneakily walks past a room of fighting men. We run into a little battle.

"FIGHT!" Erik yells.

I begin to swing my sword at whoever charges after me. We fight and fight until all enemies are killed. We never give up.

We sit up against the wall, all bloody and sweaty. Mia, Ali, Wade, Gabriel, the fiance's, and Father walk out from the safe room. I run up to them, hugging everyone.

"Why are you all bloody?" Mia asks.

"She fought." Erik says, panting.

Everyone catches up until we hear a sound. Erik quickly turns around, grabbing the guy's neck. He pushes him against the wall.

"WHY ARE YOU AFTER THE PEOPLE I ADORE?!" Erik yells.

Choking sounds.

"Son, he can't speak if you keep choking him." Father speaks up.

Erik loosens his grip.

"You don't deserve all of the love and fame. You're nothing but a traitor!" The man spits in his face.

"Traitor?" I look at Erik.

"Guys." I hear Mia say.

"ERIK, WHAT DOES HE MEAN?!" I yell.

He looks at me, "This doesn't concern you." He snaps.

"Guys!" Mia yells.

We snap a look at her.

"Where's Marc?" She asks, still looking around.

"I thought he was with you guys." Erik looked at Father.

He shakes his head. I grab the dagger, walk over to Erik and the man, and stab the man in the side. Erik looks at me with confusion. I shrug and yank the dagger out.

"I'm going to look for Marc." I sigh.

"You're not going alone." Erik laughs, obviously in a sarcastic way.

"Leave me alone." I growl and walk away from the others.

I look around the bloody and trashed halls. There was no Marc to be found. I begin to wonder if Marc made it out of the castle. I was about to turn around until I hear his voice.

"Marc!" I run towards his voice.

I tiptoe over to where he was. There was a man with him. I hold the dagger tightly. I watch them with fury.

"You were supposed to kill the King." The man walks around a kneeled down Marc.

"I-I got distracted." Marc says.

"You made a blood oath saying you wouldn't get distracted or back away from the task. You idiot. I should've hired the old man that killed Elle's mother." The man snaps.

"John, listen... I-" He was interrupted.

"Shush. Someone's here." John says.

I hold my breath and back against the wall. I hold the dagger to my chest. I pray that he wouldn't come out here. I pray that he wouldn't kill Marc as much as I hated him right at this moment.

Someone puts their hand over my mouth. I gasp inside, trying to keep it low. He puts his other hand over my stomach, keeping me closer to him.

"Listen," Erik whispers. "I need you to get Marc out as soon as I distract the leader. You've got to be quick."

"What- No! I'm not leaving you to be bait." I whisper loudly.

Erik puts his hand back over my mouth, rolling his eyes.

"Trust me." He snaps.

Erik lets me go and walks by the room, making loud foot noises. I go around the corner, hiding. John exits the room... I go inside.

Or so I thought John was the one who left.

"Elle." John smirks.

"John?" I say even though I just learned his name.

"Such a shame we had to meet under such circumstances." John laughs.

"Who are you?" I ask, shaking.

"Oh, your father never told you? I'm your uncle." He shrugs, smirking.

"You killed my mother?" I watch John walk closer to me.

"I demanded for it to be done. I didn't necessarily do it." He sighs. "Shame."

I look down, realizing that Erik took my dagger. I started to freak out. I was watching John walk closer and closer. I walk back into a wall.

John reaches me. He puts his hand under my chin, making me look up at him.

"Gosh, they created a beautiful child." John shakes his head. "I'll just end you also. It's just... I guess we got to do this the hard way."

I look down and notice that he had no weapons on him. I gulp and watch his hand come up to my neck. He wraps his hand around my neck, slightly lifting me off the ground with the hold.

"Let... me go." I choke out.

John's grip tightens. He stares deeply into my soul, looking for something. I try to kick him but it doesn't work out too well. His grip tightens once more.

"Let her go." Erik says.

"Why should I, Erik?" John snickers. "Don't I recall you wanting to kill the King also to retrieve your rightful spot?"

I could see darkness begin to take over. I barely see a hand with a dagger appear at John's throat.

"I did but I fell in love." Erik says, slitting John's throat.

John's grip loosens finally. I fall into Erik's arms. I was too weak to ask any questions. I black out in Erik's arms as soon as I feel a small pinch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 139K 40
Her presence was once one that enamoured the masses. A beautiful young princess whose destiny seemed to be set in a life of royal balls and princes. ...
1.5M 70.5K 69
"What do you even need me for?" She asked , speaking into the darkness where she thought he was. "I do not need you." He answered her darkly. Even th...
19.3K 648 14
Princess Ariana has been in love with her best friend Coby since they were little children. The only problem is, he has always loved her as a sister...
269K 4.9K 96
***Sequel to Summer in Scotland (Prince Harry #1)*** After spending the summer in Scotland and a summer with a certain prince, Meredith returns to he...