Kurai Akuma | KNY • M!Reader

By DaRkChAoZlOrD

Having lost his memory at a young age, (Y/N) Kamado lived a carefree life with his family. However, when trag... More

BS | Shadow Breathing
BS | Dance of Ashes
2nd Sword | Demon Eater
3rd Sword | Return to Light
4th Sword | Demon Slayer
5th Sword | Mayhem in Town
6th Sword | Fealty for Tyranny
7th Sword | Devil's House
8th Sword | Calm Into the Storm
9th Sword | Mountain Brawl
10th Sword | Against the Rules
11th Sword | Shadow Pillar
12th Sword | Falling Ashes
13th Sword | Butterflies
14th Sword | Trainer from Hell
15th Sword | Desire
16th Sword | Our Bonds
17th Sword | Resonating Hearts
18th Sword | Reverie
19th Sword | The Unending Dream
20th Sword | The Dreamer Awakens
21st Sword | Shadow, Flames and Disorder
22nd Sword | A New Daybreak

1st Sword | Into the Shadows

25.5K 475 711
By DaRkChAoZlOrD

In a dark cave, illuminated only by the mysterious glow of a dark blue katana, the sounds of panting were heard as a young boy with (h/c) colored hair desperately weaved around the attacks of a shadow-like demon.

"I don't want to die...I don't want to die!" The (h/c) haired boy thought, fear clear in his eyes, his icy blue eyes shining even in the darkness.

Tears began pooling in his eyes, fear beginning to overtake this systems.

Barely being able to sense the incoming attack, the boy rolled to the right, falling to the floor.

"Why is this happening...? How did I get here...?" The boy thought desperately, attempting to recall the events of how he'd gotten here.

Before he could, however, he moved by pure instinct to the left, hearing the sound of an impact beside him. His eyesight was completely useless currently, the dark glow not being enough to light up the entire cave. He could barely see his own hands.

"Hahahahahaha! You dance well, boy! But let's see how long you can keep at it!" A distorted, cruel voice cackled from the darkness, the boy seeing a pair of red eyes glow menacingly in the darkness.

"It's been so long since I've had human flesh! I'm going to enjoy ripping you apart, I can't wait to hear how lovely your screams sound!" The distorted voice continued maniacally, the boy beginning to crawl away from where he'd heard its origin, whimpering slightly.

"P-p-please just le-leave me-me a-alone..." The boy whimpered in fear, crawling back while facing those terrifying red eyes.

"Leave you? But I want to hear your lovely screams! Don't you want to play with me?!" The distorted voice growled, it's glowing red eyes slowly approaching the fleeing boy.

"P-please j-j-just le-leave me alo-alone!" The boy stuttered, his icy blue eyes widening as he felt something wrap around his leg, picking him up. Following which, the boy released a bloodcurdling scream of fear, only getting the red eyes to widen in maniacal joy.

"YES! SCREAM! LET ME HEAR YOUR AGONY!" The distorted voice cackled in glee, and whatever it was that had grabbed the boy threw him towards the azure katana, crashing and indenting him into the cave wall behind it.

"How did this happen..." The boy thought helplessly, his eyes slowly losing their shine, reality beginning to set in that he was going to die.

"...Why...do I not want...to die...?" The boy thought helplessly, catching those red eyes getting slowly closer at the corner of his view.

All of a sudden, an image of two people appeared in his head. A burgundy haired boy, his gaze kind and gentle. And another, a black haired girl, her gaze warm and familiar.

"..Why did I...t come to t...his..." The boy thought, slowly closing his eyes, accepting his fate.

If only...if only this hadn't happened...if only...

~ Flashback ~

"(Y/N), your face is all black with dust. You too, Tanjiro." A motherly voice spoke, belonging to a black haired woman as she lovingly stroked the (h/c) haired boys' cheeks, wiping off some dust.

"It's dangerous with all this snow falling, you two. I understand if you both stay." The woman continued, only for the (h/c) haired boy to grin.

"I can take care of myself and Tanjiro, Mother." The boy smiled, only for his mother to giggle and pat his head lovingly.

"It's almost the New Year, mother. We want to make sure everyone can eat to their hearts content! Even still, we're only going to sell a little charcoal." Tanjiro reassured, (Y/N) nodding in agreement. The two had packs of charcoal on their backs, intent on selling them to the townspeople below.

"...Thank you." Their mother spoke gratefully, pulling both boys in for a hug.

"Nii-chan, you're going to the village today? Can I go with you both?"

"I want to go too!"

"Ehhhhhh?" The two brothers turned to look at their siblings, of whom approached the pair excitedly.

However, a clear contrast was shown between the family and (Y/N).

"No. You guys can't slow them down today. And they're busy carrying all that charcoal, so they can't give you rides to town today." Their mother quickly intervened, pulling the two younger siblings aside.

Seeing his family argue playfully, (Y/N) smiled deeply. He may not truly be one of them, but he loved them all as if they were his actual flesh and blood.

"Please come back quickly..."

"Be careful you two!"

The family quickly gave their see-you-laters, (Y/N) and Tanjiro turning around and beginning to walk away.

"Onii-chan." A melodic voice stopped the two, turning to see their last sister, Nezuko.

"Hey, Nez-chan." (Y/N) greeted, walking up to his sister. Tanjiro followed beside him.

"I just lulled Rokuta to sleep, he'd cause an uproar otherwise." Nezuko giggled, the three sharing a laugh, (Y/N) and Tanjiro nodding their heads.

"He's just lonely since Dad died." Tanjiro consoled, lightly patting his youngest brothers' head. Even in his sleep, his brother seemed to lean in to the action.

"Everyone is really attached to you two." Nezuko pointed out, causing (Y/N) to laugh lowly and Tanjiro to smile.

"I wouldn't have it any other way. I love being with you guys!" (Y/N) gave Tanjiro and Nezuko half-hugs, making sure not to disturb Rokuta's sleep.

"It's almost hard to believe it's been eight years since you came into our lives." Nezuko smiled, leaning in to her brothers' hug.

"Yeah. A lot of things have happened, but I still wouldn't change all that much. Even if it's not easy- I love things how they are now." (Y/N) smiled, his brother and sister mirroring the action.

"That's why we work as hard as we can to make sure Mom, Nezuko and the others have the most luxury possible." Tanjiro added in, making Nezuko giggle.

"You two have always been hard workers. Take care on your way down!" Nezuko bid the two farewell, walking inside their home with Rokuta. (Y/N) and Tanjiro waved at her, seeing her wave back.

"Alright, let's go Tanjiro." (Y/N) nodded, beginning to walk down the mountain.

"Hai, nii-chan." Tanjiro nodded, running up beside (Y/N), of whom cast him a glance.

If only I had know then...if only I had known the horrors that would come to pass. Every single second- I would've given my life for theirs at any second. Unfortunately...
Kami-sama didn't seem to favor my wish.

In a flash, the two found themselves within the town, walking down and greeting the people there, of whom had grown to know the two hardworking boys.

"(Y/N)-chan, Tanjiro-chan, you two really came down on a day like this? You'll both catch a cold!" An elder scolded the two lightly.

"Oooooi, I want to buy some charcoal!"

"Thanks for repairing my sliding door the other time!"

"Thanks for helping me with the kids last time!"

"I also want some charcoal!"

The various townfolk greeted the two, thanking and buying charcoal from the two.

Gratefully giving out the charcoal in return for payment, (Y/N) continued to do business with the townspeople, all the while having merry chatter with them.

After a little bout with Tanjiro needing to prove a boys' innocence, which he did with his extraordinary sense of smell, hours had past as the two helped around town, gaining any extra bit of supplies they could along the way.

"Tanjiro, let's go home. It's getting late!" (Y/N) called out to his brother.

"Got it, nii-chan!" Tanjiro replied back, getting up from his spot and joining his brother as the two walked.

"Well, I'd say today was quite successful for us, little brother." (Y/N) grinned, rubbing Tanjiro's head affectionately.

"Yeah, Mom and the others will definitely be able to have a feast for New Years! Although, it is getting late..." Tanjiro said worriedly, looking up at the darkening sky.

"Mmm...I've always preferred the dark. Though I suppose Mom and the others will get worried if we don't return soon, so let's-" (Y/N) began, only for a voice to interrupt him.

"Hey, (Y/N), Tanjiro? Are you boys returning to the mountain?" An elderly man's voice sounded out, prompting the two young boys to look at him.

"Yeah, Mr. Saburouji, we're just returning home. We've been gone for quite a while." (Y/N) waved, before turning to continue walking.

"You can't! Come here, I'll let you boys stay the night. It isn't safe- the akuma will appear." Mr. Saburouji spoke gravely, inviting the two to stay over. (So, I'm following the manga here, and it says "oni", but I prefer the translation as "akuma", which is basically the same thing, one means "Demon/monster" and the other means "Devil", so you can see my preference there.)

"Thanks for the offer, Mr Saburouji, but Nezuko and the others are waiting for us!" (Y/N) shouted back, only for Tanjiro to pull on his sleeve.

"We may as well stay. It is getting dark, and who knows if an actual akuma could appear." Tanjiro pointed out, (Y/N) looking at him for a few seconds before sighing, motioning to lead the way.

If only I had known then. If only I had known my family- what I had called my kin- would have been slaughtered while I slept, blissfully unaware of the solemn fate that befell them.

...

...

...

...

...

"..." Both (Y/N) and Tanjiro couldn't muster up any words, standing before their house, horror clouding both of their eyes as they laid eyes upon the two bodies laying in a pool of blood before the kicked-in door.

Before he'd even realized it, both (Y/N) and Tanjiro had arrived in front of the broken building, spotting the various mutilated bodies all around.

"It can't be..." (Y/N) said, disbelief and despair beginning to cloud his eyes.

"Mother, Hanako, Takeo, Shigeru, Nezuko, Rokuta...h-how could this happen?!" Tanjiro yelled in disbelief, seeing all the dead bodies of his family.

"Tanjiro, wait here! I need to check on the others!" (Y/N) instructed his brother, jumping into the busted house, quickly checking for a pulse on any of the bodies inside.

"Dead..." (Y/N) muttered, his eyes widened in shock and disbelief, his hands only having felt the cold touch of his families' skin.

"W-wait! Nii-chan! Nezuko is still warm!" Tanjiro shouted, prompting (Y/N) into action as he rushed outside, checking Nezuko's body.

And sure enough, he felt a hint of warmth. It was faint, but it was there.

"Let's go! If we can get her to a hospital, they might be able to save her!" (Y/N) shouted, bolstering Nezuko onto his back and beginning to run, Tanjiro stepping into the house and grabbing the fire axe before joining him.

How did it happen? How was my entire family taken from me in a single night? Could I have done anything to prevent it? If I had stayed behind, could I have avoided this fate for my family?

"It's so painful to even breath...the frozen air hurts...but I can't give up here! Move! Move one more step, then another, and another! As long as there's even the smallest chance of saving her, I need to keep moving forward!" (Y/N) thought with conviction, glancing at Tanjiro, who had caught up with him.

"What could've done this?! Is it a wild bear?! Maybe a bear that couldn't hibernate?!" Tanjiro gasped out, still running beside (Y/N).

(Y/N) only remained silent, having no real answer to the question.

"It isn't safe- the akuma will appear." It couldn't be, right? There's no way an akuma would show up here! Why would there be an akuma here?!

I was a fool. I tried desperately to see anything but the obvious. I grasped at anything other than an akuma. I wanted so badly for my families' killer to have just been some wild animal. There was just no way I could've accepted an akuma had killed my family. I just couldn't.

"I need to go faster...the village is still far away! I won't let Nezuko die! I refuse to let her die! Don't worry, Nez-chan! Your big brother will definitely save you!" (Y/N) thought, an image of the smiling Nezuko from yesterday popping up in his head. On his back, Nezuko's hand twitched as she looked up.

"Gahhhhghhhh!" Nezuko growled on (Y/N)'s back, revealing the pair of fangs now grown in her mouth.

"Nezuko?!" (Y/N) suddenly stopped, his foot bending slightly.

"Oh crap!" (Y/N) thought, feeling both him and Nezuko falling off the mountain.

"Nii-chan!" Tanjiro yelled, attempting to reach towards (Y/N) before he fell, barely missing him.

Immediately jumping into action, Tanjiro used the fire axe to scale his way down of a nearby tree, joining his brother at the bottom.

"(Y/N)-nii! Wake up! Come on!" Tanjiro shook (Y/N), attempting to wake him up.

"Ugh...what happened...wait, where's Nezuko?!" (Y/N) asked in alarm, looking around quickly.

Seeing her, relief flooded (Y/N) as he stood up, running towards her with Tanjiro's help.

"Nezuko! We've got you! You don't have to walk, I'll carry you!" Tanjiro shouted at his sister, approaching her as (Y/N) limped slightly towards the two.

"Tch...it seems my leg took a bit of damage from that fall...should be gone in a few minutes though..." (Y/N) scowled slightly, inwardly cursing his legs' frail nature.

"Nezuko?" (Y/N) heard Tanjiro mutter in confusion, looking up to see her glaring at the boy, her eyes an unnatural pink color.

"Gahhh!" Nezuko growled, jumping and trying to bite at Tanjiro.

"Nezuko, stop!" (Y/N) yelled in fear, ignoring his own pain and rushing forward, pulling Nezuko off of Tanjiro.

"Grahhhhh!" Nezuko roared at (Y/N), attempting to shake his grip off, but he remained with an iron grip as he held her down.

"Get a hold of yourself Nezuko! Fight it! Fight it!" (Y/N) yelled at her, Tanjiro running up beside him and helping to push her down.

"Nii-chan! There's another smell, one that isn't Nezuko's! Even if she's an akuma now, she didn't kill the others!" Tanjiro yelled at (Y/N), the ice blue eyed boy's eyes widening at this.

"An...akuma? No...she can't be! She's our precious Nezuko! She's human, just like us!" (Y/N) yelled in denial, Tanjiro only biting his lip.

How cruel reality could be. Before that very moment, I'd believed I lived quite the blessed life. I thought: is this my karma? Was I enjoying life too much? Was this Kami-sama's way of punishing me? What had I done wrong?

"Come on Nezuko! Pull yourself together! Your big brothers believe in you!" (Y/N) encouraged, his eyes widening slightly as he realized Nezuko was getting stronger.

Despite her previous appearance, tears began to appear on Nezuko's face, slowly drifting down her face, momentarily stunning Tanjiro and (Y/N), but Nezuko did nothing to break out of their grip.

"N...ii...ch...an..." Nezuko rasped out, her tears only intensifying as she cried.

"It's ok Nez-chan! I'm here!" (Y/N) comforted, his voice soothing.

"Yeah, we're both here Nezuko!" Tanjiro smiled, though he kept his grip.

Seeing a glint of blue steel, (Y/N)'s eyes widened as he rapidly pulled Nezuko towards himself, the sudden action slamming her into him and surprising the attacker.

"Nii-chan!" Tanjiro yelled, immediately going over to his brother and sister.

"Who is he...?" (Y/N) thought, laying eyes upon the stoic gaze of the attacker, holding a blackish-blue blade.

"Why did you protect it?" The boy's gaze was stoic, though a hint of surprise surfaced in his face as he asked.

"I'm not gonna just let you kill my younger sister!" (Y/N) scowled, pulling Nezuko closer to him, even if she was getting stronger and slowly breaking out of his grip.

"You call that thing your sister?" The man asked again, a hint of pity surfacing on his face.

"She isn't a "thing!" She's our younger sister!" Tanjiro joined up with (Y/N), facing down the mysterious boy with the fire axe.

Without anymore words, the robed boy suddenly rushed at (Y/N), grabbing at Nezuko.

"I don't think so!" (Y/N) growled slightly, rolling over with Nezuko and effectively dodging the boys' grip. This surprised Tanjiro slightly, who barely had time to react since the boys' approach was ridiculously fast.

"Oh?" The boy thought curiously, seeing that (Y/N) was able to react to his approach, a feat that not many could pull off.

Of course, that didn't stop him. Grabbing again, the boy ripped Nezuko off of (Y/N)'s arms, gaining some distance as he held both her arms with one of his, the other resting on the hilt of his katana.

"Nezuko!!!" Both Tanjiro and (Y/N) screamed in rage and horror, seeing their sister restrained by this strange boy.

"Don't move." The boy warned the two, his gaze stoic.

"My job is to kill akuma. Of course, I'm going to decapitate your sister as she became one." The boy continued, pointing his katana at Nezuko.

"Please wait! She hasn't killed anyone or done anything wrong! Even at our house, someone else did it! It wasn't Nezuko's scent!" Tanjiro pleaded desperately for his sisters' life. Fear was clearly spread all over the burgundy haired boys' face.

"Don't touch her!" (Y/N) growled at the man, grabbing Tanjiro's axe and charging at him, surprising even himself as he appeared before him in just a second, despite the sizeable distance that separated them previously.

However, the boy didn't seem too surprised as he parried the axe with the hilt of his katana, knocking the axe back to Tanjiro and (Y/N) to the floor.

"Please don't hurt them! I don't know why Nezuko's acting that way, but she's different!" Tanjiro pleaded, grabbing at the axe. However, seeing as (Y/N) was still down, he didn't make any movements.

"It's simple. If you bathe an open wound in akuma blood you become an akuma yourself. This is how they continuously increase their numbers." The man's stoic gaze didn't change in the least, giving the piece of news.

"Nezuko hasn't eaten any people!" Tanjiro denied, refusing to give up on his sister.

"How dare you say that! Just now, she attempted to strike at you!" The boy scoffed, showing the first bit of emotion.

"That's wrong! You can't know for sure she was going to attack me! I wouldn't let her injure anyone! We'll find a way to turn Nezuko back into a human! We'll definitely cure her!" Tanjiro shouted, not caring at all how impossible the very task would be.

"There is no cure. There is no way to turn an akuma back into a human." The stoic boy replied, his gaze not changing.

"We'll search for one! I'll certainly find a method, so please don't kill her! I'll also find the one who killed our family! I'll take care of everything! So please...please...!" Tanjiro pleaded desperately, the fear of losing his remaining family beginning to cloud his face.

"Please stop!" Tanjiro shouted as he saw the boys' blade slowly approach Nezuko.

Almost everything was taken from me. All I had left we're Nezuko an Tanjiro...there's no way in hell I'll just watch them die!

"Please stop...whatever you do, please don't kill my brother or sister...I beg of you...I beg of you." Tanjiro kowtowed, tears beginning to pool in his eyes as the fear began to overwhelm him.

Seeing this, however, a seemingly strange rage covered the stoic' boy's face.

"YOU CAN'T GRASP AUTHORITY OVER SOMEONE ELSE'S LIFE AND DEATH! STOP THAT MISERABLE LOOKING SQUAT! IF YOU TRY TO PASS OF THAT KIND OF THING, YOUR FAMILY WOULDN'T BE DEAD! TAKEN AWAY? IN THE TIME THAT THEY COULD BE TAKEN AWAY, YOU WERE WEAK AND COULDN'T TAKE THE INITIATIVE! CURE YOUR SISTER?! SEARCH FOR THE ENEMY?! ITS JUST SO...RIDICULOUS! FOR THE WEAK THERE ARE NO RIGHT OR OTHER CHOICES! ENTIRELY WITH FORCE, THE STRONG CAN MAKE OTHERS SURRENDER, MAYBE THE AKUMA KNOW OF A WAY TO CURE YOUR SISTER, HOWEVER...I DON'T THINK THE AKUMA WOULD BE WILLING TO SIMPLY RESPECT YOUR REQUEST BECAUSE YOU ASKED NICELY! OF COURSE, I DON'T RESPECT THEM EITHER. THIS IS REALITY. Why just now, you were almost fallen upon by your sister. How do you plan to protect her when she's trying to kill you?! Why did you show me your back?! Why didn't you swing your axe?! While failing like that, how do you plan to take back your sister!?!" The stoic boy snapped, pointing his katana angrily at the distant shocked Tanjiro.

"By relying on his big brother!" (Y/N) roared as he stood up, tackling the stoic boy and holding his sword arm down in an impressive feat of strength, forcing him to let go of Nezuko.

"TANJIRO! TAKE NEZUKO AND GET OUT OF HERE!" (Y/N) ordered his little brother, fiercely glaring at the boy below him.

"In that time I took saying all that...he was already planning on holding me down as they got away!" The stoic boys' gaze widened in surprise, slightly impressed at the feat of strength, actually struggling slightly to get out of his grip.

However, before Nezuko could get very far, and just as Tanjiro arrived beside her, (Y/N) was kicked off of the boy, having much superior strength compared to (Y/N).

Almost in sync, Tanjiro and Nezuko growled, running up beside (Y/N), the boy slowly recovering as he focused his cold glare on the stoic boy.

Seeing the three siblings, two human and one an akuma, the stoic boys' eyes widened.

"She's...helping those two? Is she really different?" The boy thought, shocked as he watched Nezuko and Tanjiro help (Y/N) up, standing against him.

Suddenly, the three charged at him, flanking him as Tanjiro approached from the left with his fire axe, (Y/N) head on with his almost supernatural strength, and Nezuko from the right with her superhuman abilities.

"Maybe...just maybe..." The stoic boy thought, his watery blue eyes softening ever so slightly as he sheathed his katana.

"These three could really be different..." The boy thought, dodging (Y/N)'s grasp and slamming down on his neck, knocking him unconscious. He then repeated the action with the other two, dodging their first attack then knocking them out.

I hadn't even known how much time had passed. Just like that, all three of us were at his mercy. He could've killed Nezuko and gotten away with it, neither Tanjiro nor I could've done anything to stop him. But...for some reason- he listened to our pleas.

"Nezuko! Tanjiro!" (Y/N) shot awake, looking around in alarm as he tried to find his siblings.

"Hmm...Nii-chan?" Tanjiro asked as he got up swiftly, looking around just like (Y/N) had done.

"I'm here...so is Nezuko." (Y/N) sighed in relief, seeing his brother and sister were both fine.

"You two are awake?" The stoic boys' voice reminded the two of their current situation, both boys shielding Nezuko from his view. Even if they couldn't defeat him, there's no way in hell they'd go down without a fight!

"Visit the Elder named Urokodaki Sakonji living at the foot of the Misty Mountain. Tell him that Tomioka Giyuu sent you both." The boy instructed, before he began walking away.

"Because the light isn't increasing you should be able to move for a bit now. Don't take your sister out under the sun, though. She may burn up and die, akuma cannot handle the sun." The now named Giyuu walked away, and in one light step he turned into a mere blur and disappeared.

"T-that speed...he wasn't even taking us seriously..." (Y/N) gulped, a trickle of sweat going down his head. If Giyuu really wanted to have killed Nezuko...he would've been powerless to do anything.

Looking at the sleeping Nezuko, Tanjiro let out a sigh of relief as Giyuu sped away.

"We survived..." Tanjiro muttered, relief flooding his systems.

"For now..." (Y/N) added in, before a smile covered his face.

"At least it seems like at the end there Nezuko was able to go back to her usual self...if what Mr. Saburouji said is correct, that all akuma attack people mindlessly...then that means Nezuko can still be saved! If she was able to control herself, then that means she's fighting the transformation. Essentially, we still have a chance to save her!" (Y/N) clenched his fist, resolve beginning to swell within his eyes.

"Then we can still save her..." Tanjiro's eyes lit up, hope reflecting in his eyes.

"Yeah...let's go bury the others. We can't leave them like they were before..." (Y/N) sighed, placing Nezuko on his back.

"Hai, nii-chan!" Tanjiro agreed, and off the two boys set on their trip back to their ruined home, burying their dead family members and paying their respects.

But...it wasn't there that I got to my current problem...how did that happen again? How did I get into this dark pit, illuminated only by this dark blue katana?

"Let's go..." (Y/N) trailed off, glancing back at the gravesite for the rest of his family.

"Yeah..." Tanjiro nodded, grabbing Nezuko's hand and leading his little sister.

"From now on...we can only rely on ourselves, Tanjiro..." (Y/N) ran, Tanjiro and Nezuko running beside him.

"Yeah...but we have to live on. For the others who died there...we still need to figure out who killed them..." Tanjiro nodded, his gaze slightly downcast.

And so they went on. Resting in the day, and traveling in the night. The siblings proceeded forward, avoiding the akuma as best they could. After all, they still didn't have the means to kill one. And if they did find one, the simply fought it off until daybreak, when it would either be forced to retreat or perish.

"Let's go...Tanjiro, Nezuko." (Y/N) glanced at his two siblings, his icy blue eyes softening ever so slightly.

Grabbing Nezuko's hand, Tanjiro nodded as the three set off from a small cave they'd found, having used it as temporary shelter for Nezuko during the day.

Minutes passed as the three walked in silence, trying their best to avoid attracting any unwanted attention.

Unfortunately, the gods were not on their side.

"GRAHHHH!" Simultaneously, three voices yelled as three different akuma jumped out from the forest around the three.

Reacting quickly, (Y/N) grabbed both Tanjiro and Nezuko and ran. He didn't know where, he just ran. Ran forward, ever forward.

"We're not losing them!" (Y/N) growled slightly as he heard Tanjiro say this, before he grit his teeth slightly.

"Tanjiro, I trust you. Take care of Nezuko for me, alright?" (Y/N) asked as he slowed down, placing both Tanjiro and Nezuko behind a bush, hoping to mask their presences.

"Nii-chan?!" Tanjiro asked confused, a feeling of dread beginning to creep up on him.

"If it were one or two we could've handled it, but we can't fight three of them at the same time right now. So, promise me, Tanjiro!" (Y/N)'s eyes, which were naturally soft towards his family, were currently strict as he looked at his little brother.

"Promise me you'll protect Nezuko! Live on, both of you, for me. If you can do that, I'd be eternally grateful." (Y/N) pulled in both of his siblings for a hug, tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

"N-no! Nii-chan, don't!" Tanjiro's eyes widened in fear as he realized what (Y/N) was going to try to do.

"I don't want to have to say goodbye to you, nii-chan!" Tanjiro cried, tears staining his eyes for the first time in a long time.

Similarly, Nezuko's eyes became slightly watery as she witnessed the scene, seeming to understand what was happening.

"This isn't goodbye. Think of it as a..."see you later."" (Y/N) smiled warmly, patting both of their heads affectionately.

"Nii-chan..." Tanjiro whispered, his eyes wide in fear. He didn't want to accept it!

"Be strong...for me, and for yourselves. We'll meet again sometime in the future, I promise you that!" (Y/N) grinned brightly, before he hid the two in the bush, taking a deep breath and making sure their scents were covered, a handy skill he'd picked up while they avoided akuma.

I always hated lying. It was the worst feeling- especially when that lie related to a promise that I knew I couldn't keep. I'd told them and myself that it was just a "see-you-later"..., but we all knew the truth.

"It's my job as their older brother...I'm 16, they're both 13 and 12...It's my job to bear the burden of ensuring they live on!" (Y/N) thought as a fire began burning in his eyes, a scorching determination unlike he'd ever felt before empowering him.

"Even if they're not really my siblings...even if we're not related by blood...the times we spent together we're the best of my life! Even if I had my memories from before I'd been brought into the Kamado family...I wouldn't trade them for anything!" (Y/N) thought as he took a stance, the three akuma having caught up and staring at (Y/N) hungrily, as if predators staring at their prey.

"I'll see you later...Tanjiro, Nezuko. Don't worry...one of these days, big brother is coming home..." (Y/N) whispered, wiping his eyes and the tears that threatened to fall, taking a deep breath as he sprinted away, leaving a gust of wind behind. He was going fast, but not fast enough to completely lose the demons. That wasn't his intention in the first place.

"Come on! Follow me! Aren't I the one you want! What's wrong? Can't keep up with little ol' me?" (Y/N) taunted the demons, drawing their attentions to him as they ran at him, screeching at the top of their lungs.

"I'll see you later, little brother, little sister..." (Y/N) bid his final farewell, running away from his siblings and bringing the akuma with him. Even if they'd just escaped...it would all be worth it a hundred times over.

Arriving before a giant chasm, (Y/N) clicked his tongue in annoyance when he realized the demons had him surrounded. However, glancing back, a smirk slowly formed on his face.

"If I'm going down...you're all coming with me!" (Y/N) claimed as the first demon rushed at him, clawing at his face.

Not one to be outdone, (Y/N) sidestepped the claw and grasped the demon's wrist, placing its arm over his shoulder as he used the demon's own power against it, launching it over his shoulder and into the chasm.

"One down...two to go!" (Y/N) breathed in, adrenaline boosting his abilities.

Seeing the first Demon fail, another one ran forward, this time though it used its legs as it kicked at (Y/N), forcing the boy to step back. However, the Demon followed it up with a claw attack, before using its other leg to kick at (Y/N).

Using his forearm to parry the claw attack, (Y/N) used his other hand to grab the demon's leg, holstering up its body and he swung it around, using the demons weight to his advantage as he shot it into the chasm.

"Grahh..." The last Demon growled lowly, seeing the other two be thrown into the seemingly bottomless pit.

"Come on, don't tell me you're scared of a lil' ol' human." (Y/N) sneered, his icy blue eyes seemingly mocking the demon.

Growling, the demon lunged for the boy, only for him to sidestep its lunge.

"I'm guessing out of the three, you ain't the sharpest tool in the shed." (Y/N) remarked, watching the demon glide by him and into the chasm.

"!!!" However, what (Y/N) didn't expect was for the demon to grab at his leg, taking (Y/N) off balance and dragging him with it into the chasm.

"Gah!" (Y/N) growled, before realization set in as he realized he was stuck falling with this bloodthirsty demon...

"If I survive this, I immediately win at LIFE. Alright then...here goes nothing!" (Y/N) thought as he kicked at the demon, freeing his leg and sending it sprawling a bit away as the two fell freely. However, rather than letting himself get turned into a pancake, (Y/N) grabbed at the demon below him, preparing to use it as a shield.

"How to go out...ah I got it!"

Then a stupidly loud shout of- "LEEEEEEEEEROY JENNNNNNKINS!" reverberated throughout the chasm as (Y/N) denied physics, jumping off the demons back and grabbing onto a small ledge, watching the demon disappear into the darkness below.

"Huh...I survived." (Y/N) thought nonchalantly, looking at the endless black below him.

"That's quite the fall..." (Y/N) whistled as he squinted his eyes, attempting to see if he could survive the fall.

"It's either wait here and starve to death or jump down and potentially die..." (Y/N) narrowed his eyes, seeing that the platform he'd landed on had no other ways than down.

Deciding to give it some time first for those demons to hopefully wander off, since he knew that simply falling wouldn't kill them, (Y/N) spent a few minutes preparing himself to jump. And soon, he jumped into the black abyss...

After falling for what he assumed was around an hour, (Y/N) felt intense pain as he collided with the surface of a liquid, slowly sinking down and fighting the urge to pass out from the pain.

"Gah...that hurt...so much..." (Y/N) groaned as he walked out of the water, taking off his shirt and attempting to dry it a bit, before repeating the same action with the rest of his clothes.

Seeing a distant glow, (Y/N) saw a dark blueish-black katana, which gave off the glow. However, just as he was going to take another step, a sense of dread formed within him, freezing him up as he watched a pair of red eyes turn to his location...

~ Flashback End ~

"That's right...that was almost three hours ago..." (Y/N) slowly realized as he raised his eyes, summoning the last of his strength.

"Let's hear you scream again~! Come on, I want to memorize your screams! After all, it's been such an awfully long time since any human has come down here~!" The distorted demon's voice sickeningly cackled, the maniacal glint in its eyes not one bit hidden.

"Would you...shut up..." (Y/N) thought as he glanced at the dark blueish-black katana, getting his first real glimpse at it from the close proximity.

"Even it's sheath is here too..." (Y/N) thought as his tired eyes gazed upon the blade. He had dodged the darkness demon for hours already...he was surprised he hadn't already dropped out of exhaustion.

"Hey~ hey~, don't go passing out now~! I still want to see you suffer some more~!" The voice cackled, the red eyes getting ever close to (Y/N).

"..." (Y/N) looked at the katana, a small flame igniting in his eyes.

"That's right...I hate lying...especially to my family!" (Y/N) thought as he slowly forced himself out from the wall, landing on his knees and arms as he panted in exhaustion.

"I'll make that promise true...Tanjiro, Nezuko...I swear to you! I WON'T DIE HERE!" (Y/N) thought as he shakingly stood up on his feet, his icy blue eyes focused on the katana.

"I'll survive in this hell-hole...I'll get to see you both again...I swear to you...I won't die that easily!" (Y/N) thought as flames of conviction burned in his eyes, the boy summoning all of his available strength as he sprinted at the sword.

"Hahahhahaha! That sword has been there for decades! I've killed countless people who've tried to wield it! Go on, I can't wait to watch your face contort in despair!" The demonic, distorted voice giggled maniacally, the red eyes seemingly widening in glee.

"I don't care what it takes...if this sword will let me survive...then...I'LL CONQUER IT!" (Y/N) thought, his icy blue eyes narrowing in concentration as he focused all of his strength, placing both of his hands on the hilt of the katana.

However, seconds passed as (Y/N) pulled with all his might, and yet, the sword didn't budge a single bit.

Seeing this, as it's gaze had long since fully adapted to the dark surroundings, the demon laughed wildly, seeing (Y/N)'s eyes slowly fall into despair as he realized he couldn't get the sword out.

"No...I won't give up...I'll conquer this sword!" (Y/N) thought as he placed his hands on the hilt again, this time the temperature dropping by a bit in the area...

"I'll conquer these shadows of my fears...! I'll return to Tanjiro and Nezuko...! I'm their big brother! I can't afford to fall here, I can't ever afford to fall!" (Y/N) thought as he pulled on the sword with all his might, hearing the sound of a slight crack.

"Huh? That's impossible! There's no way a mere kid could pull that sword out!" The shadowy demon growled, seeing (Y/N) begin to wedge the sword free.

"If what this sword represents is my inner darkness...then I'll delve as deep as I need to! If this sword can give me the power to save myself and protect Tanjiro and Nezuko...! THEN I'LL GO AND ASSERT MY MIGHT- EVEN IF IT'S TOWARDS A SIMPLE BLADE!" (Y/N) yelled as he pulled at the sword, seeing streams of blue light begin flooding the room.

"I...WON'T...BE...DENIED!" (Y/N) growled his determination, before finally pulling with all his might, sending himself, the sheath and the katana flying towards the wall.

"Gah!" (Y/N) gasped, a bit of blood trickling out of his mouth as he felt the full impact.

Quickly recovering, (Y/N) looked at the sword in his hands tiredly. Slowly, adrenaline began to pump through his veins as he realized...he now had a fighting chance!

"Grrr! Don't think you're so tough just because you got a new toy, human!" The distorted voice growled menacingly, (Y/N) hearing the sounds of a massive body shuffling towards him.

"I think...I've given you...enough time to be...the hunter...now...it's my turn!" (Y/N) managed to get out, before he grasped at the hilt with both hands.

"Come on...I'll show you a hell...worse than death!" (Y/N) threatened, though it wasn't all that effective due to his shaking form and labored breaths.

However, the demon charged at (Y/N).

"I won't retreat here...! In this one strike...I'll slice this demon down and survive!" (Y/N) thought, a seemingly forlorn emotion bubbling inside him. Hope.

"DDDDDIIIIIEEEEE!"

"Haaaaaaaaah!"

(Y/N) and the demon charged at each other, the former relying on his senses to tell the demon's location.

"Breath of Shadows - First Form: Crescent Moon Slash!" (Y/N) unknowingly spoke, his hands moving on their own as he swung his katana in a crescent arc, leaving behind a momentary arc.

"Gaaah!" The demon yelled out in shock, feeling multiple of its arms being severed by the sword strike.

However, as (Y/N) was about to celebrate, a heavy impact knocked both him and his katana back, and subsequently...(Y/N) felt himself begin falling once again...before it all went black...
————————————————————————
Well, I honestly can't wait to get this story going. I've been loving Kimetsu No Yaiba and this story was just a must for me- and I've got quite a few things planned for this.

First of all: the pairing. Let's keep the pairing straight fellas: so currently I've got a few options here. Don't know if you guys want harem or a single girl, so I'll leave that up to voting.

Currently, your choices are:

Nezuko Kamado(Trust me it'll be hammered into y'all that you ain't related- I have serious plans regarding (Y/N)'s heritage.)

Shinobu Kocho (Whether or not she's chosen relates to whether she lives or dies, just saying.)

Kanao Tsuyuri

Mitsuri Kanroji

If you guys have anyone else to suggest- leave a comment and I'll see what I can do about it.

Secondly- Breath of Shadows will be (Y/N)'s main breathing form.

It has a total of 10 Forms that will be revealed as the story goes on, and as you've seen, Form 1 is the simplest version.

BUT- I'm a nice guy. So I'll put all the forms at the end of the chapter- just in case y'all need some reminders! Of course, I'll only put in the ones you know so far- no spoilers!

Breath of Shadows:

(P.S, credit and thanks to AliceInWond for the idea of the Gif Forms :D)

First Form: Crescent Moon Slash

Striking in front of them with a crescent strike, the user slices in front of them with enough power to directly sever almost anything.

And more to come~!

If you guys have any questions regarding the story- feel free to ask- and as long as it doesn't give out major spoilers- I'll be sure to answer!

~ Chaoz has logged out. ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

336 19 7
"The pain of losing you is something I will never recover from. I am begging you, please pull back," he pleaded, his voice hoarse and desperate. Tear...
505 11 6
This is a story based of of Kimitsu No Yiaba (also known as demon slayer) This story doesn't exactly follow the cannon storyline as we know it, but...
249K 6.5K 15
Young (Y/n) Kamado and Nezuko Kamado are both turned into demons, whilst their family was slaughtered. Young Tanjiro Kamado, the eldest brother, must...
31.9K 892 74
The Kamado siblings are just like any other set of siblings. The level-headed eldest sister, the workhorse second-eldest brother, and the loveable yo...