Renee's River | √

By lolalovessprite

"Does he know your name?" "Nope," I shook my head. "But hey, it was like love at first sight," I said dreamil... More

Aesthetics + Playlist
intro
1. clothe stores & idiots
2. spoilt dinners & résumés
3. logan & doritos
4. layers & creativity
5. new friendships & milkshakes
6. good impressions & cooling rooms
7. names & strange feelings
8. dunkin donuts & complicated science
9. embarrassing moments & frustrations
10. cancelled dates and hangouts
11. smoothies and hot names
12. threats & company
13. stolen ideas & giddy feelings
14. apologies & new developments
15. art galleries & interpretations
16. red velvet & sisters
17. confusions & bail outs
18. short tests & realizations
19. celebrations & first kisses
20. midnight talks and heart breaks
21. tears & second steps
22. spoiled plans & wings
23. promises & distances
24. annoyances and reconsiderations
25. ditched parties and third steps
26. instructions (filler)
27. progress & excitements
28. helpful workers & working plans
29. mom talks & rude girlfriends
30. board posts & unexpected texts
31. reunions & explanations
32. bad lies & clueless best friends
33. innuendos & fast bonds
34. sick days & sweet guys
35. surprises & needed visits
36. models & tics
37. ride backs & deep talks
38. unexpected meetings & bold moves
39. invitations & disappointments
40. more invitations & morning rides
please read
41. last straws & confessions
42. first trials & sugary turnouts
43. birthday parties & more introductions
44. queries & revealed secrets
45. revelations & explanations
47. banters & games
48. wins & rebels
49. forgotten birthdays & proper apologies
50. finished works & more meetings
51. birthdays & surprises
52. celebrations & gratitude
53. spent money & more gifts
54. reconciliations & break ups
55. family dinners & familiarities
56. bad moods & assurances
57. sick boyfriends & naps
58. party plans & busy weeks
59. apologies & dress fittings
60. late nights & little lies
61. unveilings & sweet endings
Renée's River + spin-off
i know you're waiting. i love you❤
Teaching Noah
Tara: A Baker's Adventure

46. appearances & sweet evenings

4.5K 289 38
By lolalovessprite

"You don't need to worry about making me crazy

'cos I'm way past that."

- Ariana Grande, Tattooed Heart.

Just as River had promised, he did make an appearance at the bakery. It was Thursday evening and my heart fluttered when I saw him walk into the bakery, a serious look that turned into a smile the moment he laid his eyes on me.

After speaking briefly, he suggested that we left the bakery and drive somewhere. I wasn't amazed when it turned out to be the same park in which we had kissed for the first time. Okay, maybe I was amazed. We both were, because River hadn't even remembered his way there before.

River

She looked really beautiful, but then, she always did. Even when she had been down with that flu and I went over to her house, I thought as the memory of that day came rushing in my head. This time, she laid on the grass, looking very comfortable even with the way the soft breeze messed with her hair. Sometimes I felt like she didn't know how beautiful she was. I remembered she said I was her first crush, so just maybe no guy had told her she way. Not that she needed a guy to feel beautiful, but she needed to hear it.

I sat beside her as I watched her, her eyes closed and even when her eyes fluttered open, I didn't take my eyes off her.

"You know, it's crazy that even with my eyes closed, I could feel your gaze," she said, a smile on her face.

I chuckled before saying it, "You're beautiful."

"I know," she looked away, turning a bit pink.

"Do you, really?" I cocked an eyebrow.

She then shrugged, "I mean, there are days I feel beautiful, and there are days I don't feel it and I just look in the mirror and say hell nah. But it's a girl thing, I guess. We don't feel cute all the time."

"Well, you're beautiful," I licked my lower lip in a swift motion.

"In that case, you're gorgeous. Have you met you?" She grinned.

"Shut up," I laughed.

"I'm serious, though," she playfully scowled.

"Well, thanks," I poked her cheek, causing her to giggle, "Stop."

I poked it again, "It's oddly satisfying to do," I repeated the action.

She laughed, "You know what would be oddly satisfying for me?"

"What?" I asked, poking her cheek again.

"Kicking you in the place where no guy prays to be kicked."

"Now, that's dangerous play," he said and we laughed.

She hummed, "How's the painting going?"

"It's going great. I'll be done soon, and I can't believe it."

"Why?" She looked at me.

"At first when Skylar contacted me for the job, I didn't think I could do it."

"How did you get "discovered"?" she smiled at her choice of words.

"Through Instagram," I ran my fingers through my hair. "Skylar texted me. Apparently, the person who was supposed to do it, came up with some story about how he couldn't do it anymore, so she found my page on Instagram and asked. It was going to be the biggest job I ever did so that scared me a little. But hey, the pay was reasonable so I agreed, and here I am."

"You don't know how talented you are, River," she stated. "I know you're going to get recognized a lot more than this. That's how good you are."

I looked back at her, not saying anything. This was one of the things that drew me to her. She had this belief in me that pushed me. The way she was supportive and concerned about my work and what I did. Renée was someone I never wanted to lose.

"That means a lot," I smiled, poking her cheek again, earning a glare from her. I laughed softly at her reaction.

"So, when does everyone get to see what you've been working on?" She asked.

"As soon as I wrap everything up. I'll hand it in by next week hopefully. Anytime from then, most likely."

"I can't wait to see everything you're putting together for the bakery," she said in excitement. Her excitement made me excited, and for that reason, I was determined to hand everything I'd been working on by next week.

I was about to poke her cheek when she said, "If you do what you're about to do, River Jenson, you'll regret it. You really don't like your stuff, do you?"

"Too violent," I laughed. "You know, the weirdest thing happened today."

Renée

"You know, the weirdest thing happened today."

"What happened?" I sat up, hunching my knees up as I hugged them to my chest.

"So, I was at the store getting more art supplies when this girl I've never seen before walked up to me and introduced herself. Next thing, she was inviting me to a party and asking for my number. When I turned her down, she gave me her phone number instead, kissed my cheek and left."

I cocked an eyebrow, "How pushy. What did she say her name was?"

"I don't even remember," he chuckled. "And I gave her number to the security dude by the door."

I chuckled, "See? I'm not the only one who sees how gorgeous you are. The day you dropped me off at school, you were the talk of the school that morning."

"How popular does that make me?" He teased.

"You're a goof," I joked, but I didn't know how to feel. There was no doubt that River was very attractive, and being that way I knew that he could have any girl he wanted.

I heard him draw in a breath, "Remember Chloe?"

I swallowed, looking up at him, "Your ex?"

"Yep," he nodded. "She came over to my house today."

"Oh?" I tucked my hair behind my ear and tried to act like what he just said didn't bother me. "W- What did she come for?"

He shrugged, pinching the bridge of his nose, "She wanted to get back. Said she wants us to try again and stuff."

My heart raced as I nodded slowly, "Do you... maybe still like her?"

He looked at me instantly, "No. No way. Heck, the only way I can feel that way for her is if unicorns start falling from the sky."

I felt so much relief at his response and let out a breath I didn't realize I'd been holding.

"Did you think I was going to get back with her?"

I sighed, "I'm sorry. I just thought... she was your first love and..." My voice trailed off.

"Yes, I really did like her, but I wasn't happy with her. It got to a point where being with her gave me a headache, and I mean that literally." He was quiet for a while. "Besides, I really like you, Renée, and I want you."

He turned to fully look at me when I looked at him. "You've kept me grounded and happy."

"I have? No, River, you've kept me grounded and happy. I don't even flunk my tests-"

He chuckled, "Shush, and listen," he paused, "You're somewhat impatient and caring. You're supportive, thoughtful and you make sacrifices. Not to forget your contagious laughter, your kicking ass in video games, plus my mom and sister love you, and then all those little bonuses that drive me crazy," he said, never breaking eye contact, "I've thought this through and through and I want this so bad. I want you to be mine and-"

"Stop talking. You're being like me right now, rambling and all that," I chuckled before looking into his eyes, "Yes, I will, River."

"Yeah?" His face lit up in that adorable smile of his, his eyes never leaving mine as he inched his face closer to mine as I nodded. His gaze dropped to my lips and I couldn't wait for what was coming. I was so eager, but River pulled back quickly, "Wait, before I do that. Xavier has a football game on Saturday. He asked me to invite you, plus I'll be there and I want you to come too."

"I'd love to," I smiled like an idiot.

"Great," he said against my lips before pressing his lips on mine to which I reciprocated immediately.

I couldn't believe this was happening.

I couldn't believe I was finally River's girlfriend.

*

Authors Note

FINALLY!

What was your favorite part of the chapter?

Let me know what you think!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 2.8K 31
Done with high school, Holly decides to stay with her father at Sang Royal Academy, a french school for rich families. A college campus for boys only...
4.5K 51 17
The little bell chimes as I walk through the door, everyone's eyes diverting to me. There's a girl, around my age, maybe younger, wiping down the cou...
Clueless By Ash:)

Teen Fiction

393K 10.4K 30
He runs up behind you, picking you up and spinning you around. You laugh and blush the whole time. He finally sets you down and kisses your forehead...
21.7K 2K 34
"You. Have. A. Crush?" one of my best friends looked at me like I was some kind of an alien from outer space. The shock on her face made me regret te...