DOUBLE EDGED A Harper's Book...

By nikkihershell

King is struggling to find his place within the Harper Empire. Holding on to guilt over his parent's death ha... More

Who Am I?
Jet Lagged
Fake Stash
Rude Awakening
Wakey Wakey
Step Aside, the Queen is Back
Booked
Meet Frankie Knight
Swim Your Way Out Of This
String Of Hope
Listen Up!!
Just When I Think I'm Okay
The Gist Of It
You Again
I'm Here To Win
According To Plan
Guess Who's Back
Tipped Off
Spilling The Beans
Seen Too Much
Claimed And Don't Even Realize It
Pushing The Boundaries
Rearranging
The Missing Piece
Vivid
Pushed Away
The Hunt Just Got Real
Did It This Time
Making Changes
Running Into Wall's
Not Quick Enough
Eye's Wide Shut
So Many Backs, So Many Blades
Karma's Knocking
Queen Mother
Facing The Monster
Not Totally Convinced
Flames Of Despair
Heart, Body And Soul
Let The Healing Begin
Mermaid Hair, I Don't Care
Paper Trails
Giggly Powder
Poll Time
Friend Zone
The Big Reveal
Here Comes Trouble
Sink Or Swim
Black Sheep
Three To Tango
Being Bad Just Feels So Damn Good
Tid Bit (disregard. changes have been made)
Battle Of Love
Refusing The Heart
Razzle Dazzle
Surprise Guest
Yea, About That Mafia Life
The Past Comes Back To Bite
Well, I Didn't Expect That Reaction
Wildcard Up My Sleeve
Conversation Starter
Time To Go Back
Two Pink Lines
Changed
Poking The Bear
Small World
The Search
Making Of A Queen
She Means Business
Claiming What Is Mine
A Gift For You
The Queen Is On The Prowl
Risen
Put Some Stank On It
Witchery Trickery
Squander
Coming To Terms
And In They Came
Hear Me Roar
Unexpected Ally
What Doesn't Kill You...
Mess Of Messe
Silent Understanding
This Isn't A Game
Farming
Trouble Comes In Pairs
On The Way
Yea, This Didn't Go Over Well
Drive Me To Drink 1
Drive Me To Drinking 2
Drive Me To Drink 3
Drive Me To Drink 4
Drive Me To Drink 5
Violation
Pep Talk
My Queen Is Back
This Wasn't Supposed To Happen So Soon
Smoke Lines
Jumpers
Even The Shoes
Silence Is Deadly
She Caved
Technology Is Splendid
The Long Haul
It has begun!

Pick Pocket Fox

3.1K 260 23
By nikkihershell

What am I to do? That was the question that I continued to ask myself as I laid on the couch looking up at the ceiling. For two hour's now I've laid here trying to decide a plan to escape King and this mess I'm currently in and so far I haven't resolved a thing.

Talk about regrets. I regret stealing that money thinking that in some petty way I was hurting King and mending my shattered heart. I definitely regret spending it. Once again I lashed out thinking by spending King's money I was getting revenge. Yep, King was right... Jokes on me.

Now here I am possibly facing time and being held here by King. So what that he claims I'm here just until he can make this go away. So what that he claims he's some form of mafia king, which I highly doubt. I mean come on, be real. The mafia died ages ago. Yes, King has a temper but I've never seen any type of behavior that would link him to the mafia. Okay, so he did take me to that warehouse and scare the daylights out of me but to him it was a joke. If he really was the mafia King he claims to be I'm pretty certain I wouldn't be breathing right now. Isn't that how it happens in the movies? They get betrayed and make you swim with the fish?

No, King is a man with a alter ego. He's so young yet already a thriving businessman that has earned a lot of money. So what that he had counterfeit money. This is Vegas and fake bills flow like lava around these casino's. I guarantee that half of these casino owner's run the same scam. So I get it, because of all of his money and power at such a young age he feels like a God.

Tossing the blanket off of me, I sat up. I couldn't stay here. I had to get out and take care of these mess. I needed a lawyer. I needed to move my accounts around or else get busted for my own scams. One thing I have learned, from here on out I will always check the money I get off of these men.

Slowly I stood up and padded toward King's room where he had left the door open. Peeking in I could see the steady rise and fall of his chest. He was out cold which wasn't surprising considering how much he drank tonight. Another problem with him. Most of his nights are spent draining a bottle. Once I brought it up out of concern and he promptly kicked me out of his apartment. The topic was never brought up again. No doubt that he has some ghosts from his last that haunts him yet occasionally I see through his act. King comes off as this tough, uncaring, heartless jerk but underneath I see all the hurt and pain. I don't know what has happened to him to make him this way. Yes I've tried to pick it from him but like always be shuts down and sends me off.

Continuing to watch his sleeping pattern, I knew it was safe to make my disappearance. From all my nights spent sleeping in that bed with him I knew he was deeply asleep and my movement wouldn't disturb him. Glancing at the hallway clock I saw that it was three-twenty-two in the morning. When I was arrested earlier in the day I was taken in only my wearing my pajamas and silk robe, mind you no shoes. As of now I was sporting King's shirt that came to just above my knees. Oh well, I guess this will have to do.

Tip toeing to the door, I gently undid the locks and slowly opened the door. Easing my head out, I ensured that the hallway was empty. Within in seconds I ran to the elevator and to my luck I didn't have to wait for the shiny, steel doors to open. In moment's I was mall walking out of the lobby doors onto the vast Vegas strip. Finding a taxi was no problem and soon I was in the comfort of my own home.

However i knew my time was limited. King would wake and I'm certain continue his pursuit of me. Hiding was my best option. Even though I wanted to shower the jail cell stench from my body I had to wait. Yanking my suitcase from underneath my bed, I begin to stash clothes and other accessories into it. Quickly I changed into something more suitable, grabbed a few important paper's, my phone charger and my purse and made my way out. Thirty minutes later I was tucked away in a five star hotel not far from the city.

No, I wasn't leaving Vegas, I couldn't with the pending court date. If I were to split I would definitely look guilty. First thing in the morning I would begin my search for a good lawyer. Only the best would do so I made a rapid decision to pull off a quick scheme to soften the blow to my bank account. Having had enough of this day, I soothed my soul in a hot shower then wrapped up in the ferry cloth robe complimentary of the hotel. In no time I was sleeping like a baby.

My eye's cracked open at the sound of my phone buzzing. Checking the time and discovering that it was a quarter past nine, I viewed the screen. Shit, it's him. Clicking the button, I sent him to voicemail then swiftly blocked the number. Rising, I prepared for my day. As I munched on breakfast brought by room service, I scanned through a list of top name lawyers. One in paticular stood out. A man by the name of Carson Moss. Apparently he came highly recommended and has only lost around seven percent of his cases. I knew his price would be steep but if it kept me from behind bars and maintained my life as it was, it would be so worth it.

Soon I was off to meet with him. As I walked through the double doors of his freshly designed office, I knew I was here to win. A gorgeous blonde who was partially made of plastic sat behind a shiny, granite receiving desk. Greeting me with a fake smile, she chirped. "How may I help you?"

Clearing my throat I announced. "I'm Frankie Knight. I have a one oclock appointment with Mr. Moss".

This plastic doll glanced me up and down with a edge of contentment before glancing at the clock. "You're twenty minutes early. Please have a seat and Mr. Moss will be with you at your alotted time".

Nodding, I took a corner seat and I thought that Miss plastic must either be screwing her boss or has the hits for him. Obviously she saw me as a threat and that's why she reacted so shallow. Time seemed to slide by at a sloths pace but I didn't mind the extra time to replay what I would say to this man. As I was in deep thought a snappish voice brought me to attention. Miss Plastic peered at me. "I said Mr. Moss is ready to assist you".

Standing, she led me to his door and have a sweet little knock before opening it. "Mr. Moss, your one o'clock is ready" . Her voice sang angelic.

Stepping in, I was offered a seat before a huge mahogany desk. I had to stifle my smirk as I thought his office held a Sherlock Holmes vibe. It was decorated very old world and dark. Suddenly images of Inspector Gadget and the Pink Panther enveloped my mind. Then I laid eye's upon Mr. Moss and my thoughts were ripped to shreds. Now I understood why Miss Plastic acted the way she did. Mr. Moss was a very good-looking man. Tall, dark and handsome. The epitome of every females fantasy. Vibrant blue eye's sat underneath a stunning brow that represented power and command. His dusty blonde hair was styled to perfection and when he smiled at me dimples accentuated his kissable lips. Obviously he was younger than I presumed. Finally he spoke destroying the path my thoughts were taking. "Miss Frankie Knight. It's a pleasure. I understand that you didn't want to relay the circumstances over the phone. Could you please fill me in so I can see how I may be able to assist you?"

Conjuring my Oscar winning actress forward, the one I used many time's to nab my man, I begin. "I've been wrongly accused. A very despicable injustice has been tossed at me. You see, I work hard for my money and so I occasionally like to spoil myself. I mean what woman doesnt ? I recently went on a small shopping spree due to stress and a bad ex trying to re-enter my life. Little did I know that I would be arrested later that night for shopping. I was practically ripped from my bed in the wee hour's of the morning, cuffed and toted out in only my pajamas. I was forced to walk around in my nasty jail cell barefooted. Can you imagine my horror? I mean, all the germs... I just can't. So, to get to the humiliating part now, I was accused of using counterfeit money to make my purchases. Me, using counterfeit money is just absurd. I'm not a criminal. I work hard and earn everything I have. Naturally they don't believe me and I'm heading to court to defend my innocence."

Mr. Moss took a second to digest my tale before speaking. "What proof do they have?"

" I was spotted on camera making the purchases and what I had left was seized from my apartment ".

" and how much are we talking about? "

I hung my head and mumbled. "One million in all".

Mr. Moss's eyes buldged. "How does someone just come by that amount of counterfeit money?"

" I don't know. I don't inspect my money, I just spend it". I snapped.

Giving off a deep sigh, I changed my demeanor. "Look, I know how this looks but I'm a honest person. I'm just as baffled over this. My only assumption is that somehow the money filtered through my bank. That's all I have."

" Who bailed you out? "

"My ex but it's not necessary to get him involved" .

"If I do decide to take your case on, you do understand that I'm not a cheap lawyer?"

I nodded my head eagerly. "I did my research and reviewed your stats. I must say that I was impressed and that's why I chose you. Plus I'm willing to double your fee".

A egotistical smile creased his lips at hearing my praise but I also could detect something unlawful about him. Either way, I need this man right now. "I need your back statements from the last three year's ASAP. We will build from there".

After a few more minor details I was in my way. My first stop was the bank to relocate some of my assets and get the information Mr. Moss required.

At the end of the week Mr. Moss had all the Intel he needed and I was about to make a quick payday. I needed to replace the green I had lost. Dressing in a skin tight black dress and short, pixie style black wig, I made my way to a well known casino for the high rollers. After mingling a bit, I spotted my next target. He was a balding, round man in his forties. Currently he was winning high so I eased my way up to the table beside of him. "Need a lucky charm?" I purred.

The man looked at me and lust fueled his eye's. "Get in over here sugar".

For the next hour I stroked this man's ego, cheered him own flirted heavily and blew his dice before every roll. At the end he was walking away with five hundred thousand crisp one's. Following him up to his hotel room, my nerves begin to talk. Never had I pulled a quick one like this off so I didn't know exactly what I was doing.

Once in his room the man begin to strip as a slimy smile filled his face. As he stood there in his boxer's, he swirled his hips around and motioned me over. "Come here my little charm and give daddy the grand prize".

Holding back my vomit I managed to say. "What I've got to give you will take time. You can't rush perfection. Why don't you go to the bathroom and freshen up while I slip out of this dress. I promise when you return this room will portray your fantasy" .

Grinning, he wiggled his stubby finger at me. "Oh, you're going to give it to me good huh?"

Smiling seductively, I nearly choked on the word's. "I'm going to drain you dry".

Sstisfied, he trotted off to the bathroom. As soon as I heard the water running, I dove into action. Grabbing his pants, I fished his wallet from his back pocket. Making a beeline to the door, I yanked it open and sped out but was stopped by a huge force that sent me sailing to the floor. Peering up I saw none other than King glaring down at me and he wasn't happy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123 1 33
Pasha Allen is back. And she's on a mission. To uncover the names of her attackers who played a brutal role in her abduction and vicious assault over...
646K 15.3K 27
Arianna Mitchell has always been the pack's most hated werewolf. Everyone picked on her, everyone hated her. Ever since her mother's accident, her fa...
704K 15.8K 37
19 year old werewolf, Madeline Night has never had life handed to her. When her parents left her at the young age of 7 she learned quickly that she w...