Stark And The Spider

By PjoMiraculousfangirl

(Peter Parker X READER) Some say Tony Stark is a conceited, egotistical, narcissistic jerk. But they have nev... More

My Story of Becoming a Stark
My Story of Becoming a Stark (part 2)
New School
New School (Part 2)
A Bit of Chemistry
Toxic
Connections
Pretty Face
Shawarma
Busted
Rain Drops and Tears
Safe Place
Sweet Dreams and a Rude Awakening
More Mystical Average-Kid Daily Wonders
Family Reunion.
Daydreamer.
Contagious
Make Mother Proud
G.N.O
Distracted
Busy
Party Girl
Drunk
Hangover
Delmar's
The Elephant in the Room
Press
Making It Up
Pumpkin Spice (And Everything Nice)
Prototype
Absence And Jealousy
Boredom
Realization.
Promise Me
Memory Lane
Halloween
Prototype: Take Two
Spider-Man pulls a Peter Parker
"Pool Party"
Avenger In Training
Voltage (Part 1)
Voltage (Part 2)
Redecorating (Voltage Part 2.5)
Voltage (Part 3)
Voltage (Part 4)
Voltage (Part 5)
Duo
Wing-Womaning, Crush Teasing, and a Whole Lot of Eye Rolling
Patrolling and Girl Advice
Car 'Accident'
Revealed (Part 1)
Revealed (Part 2)
Revealed (Part 3)
Revealed (Part 4)
Just Act Normal
Tense
Cuddles and Bloody Knuckles
Black Fingerless Gloves
Safe Place (II)
The Man In the Shadows and The Plan
I Should Have Known
Hindsight
Please ((Y/n)'s Really Really Bad Idea Part 1)
INTERVENE ((Y/n)'s Really Bad Idea Part 2)
Am I A Monster?
First Impressions/Don't Hold Back
I Don't Mind The Dark

Christmas Eve Party

54.1K 1.6K 6.9K
By PjoMiraculousfangirl

(A/n: Today is August 10th! (2019) Peter's birthday! What better way to celebrate than a 5000+ word update? Anyway, this is it. The chapter you've been waiting for. I hope you enjoy. P.S. brace yourself for multiple P.O.V. changes.)

I bounce my leg up and down as I get closer and closer to Peter's house. I didn't trust taking the subway with all the gifts I'm carrying, so I took a taxi instead.

The day is finally here.

Christmas Eve.

Lately, all my family has been doing is discussing ways to keep me safe, and discussing my dad's plan, which he has yet to tell me about. As much as I love my family, and as grateful I am of them protecting me, I really need this breather away from the constant threat. I really need to relax and forget about the sword hanging over my head. 

And I always seem to relax around Peter.

I glance at the red wrapped present on the seat beside me. I really had no clue what to get him, and I really hope he likes it anyways.

I mean, I don't know why he wouldn't like it. It's not like it's anything he doesn't like...

Unless he already has it...

You idiot! You should have checked to make sure he doesn't already have it.

I let out a sigh, resting my fidgeting hands in my lap. It's too late to go back now.

"Nervous?" The taxi driver asks, looking back at me from the rear-view mirror with her eyebrow raised. "Meeting your boyfriend's family for the first time?"

"I've already met them," I say. "I'm just worried he won't like my gift..."

I think about what she said again. "He's not my boyfriend though!"

She winks at me. "Sounds like there should be a 'yet' in that sentence somewhere."

I blush and look at my hands. "Why does everyone keep saying stuff like that..."

She laughs. "Well, I haven't even met him, and I can already tell. I can hardly imagine what it's like for the people who actually know the two of you."

I look back at the presents, not answering. But I can't help but wonder if maybe everyone saying that has a point.

We pull up in front of Peter's apartment and I step out into the snow. I curse under my breath as I struggle to balance all of the presents on top of each other in my arms.

"Need a hand?" My taxi driver, Charlene, asks as I pay her.

"Nah, I'll be fine. Thanks though."

"No problem. Have a fun night, kid. Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas."

I walk slowly into the apartment as the presents wobble in my arms. I manage to find the elevator and select the right floor, despite the presents blocking my face.

I am so glad I'm already familiar with the layout of this place.

I kick the door of the Parkers' apartment as a way of knocking, since my hands are full.

I hear the door open, but I can't tell who opened it because of the presents blocking my face. "Trick or treat," I say jokingly.

I hear a familiar chuckle. "May! The Easter Bunny is here!" The voice--Peter--calls to his aunt.

"You guys need to sort out your holidays," I hear Ned say from somewhere in their home.

Peter takes the top few presents from my hands and helps me carry them inside.

I look around at all the Christmas decorations set up in the house. It was like a cheery winter wonderland. Like when they decorated for Halloween, there are handmade decorations everywhere, most of which were probably done by Peter when he was little. The ornaments on the tree are similar, with some of them being store-bought, but most being homemade.

MJ and Ned have already arrived, so I think that's everyone, unless the Parkers have some other family visiting.

Peter and I make our way over to the tree, holding the presents that I got for everyone. Peter looks at the name tags until he comes to the present wrapped in red.

A small laugh escapes my lips. "Peeking at your present, Peter Parker?"

I hear MJ laugh from the couch. "Say that five times fast."

Peter ignores her. "I wasn't peeking! I was just...looking."

"Mmhmm. Sure."

"I was!"

"Whatever you say," I say, my smile forming into a teasing smirk.

He sighs, smiling, and he nudges me with his shoulder. I grin at him as we set the presents down under the tree. Ned and MJ come up to the two of us as well.

I glance at the three of them and finally notice their sweaters. "...What'cha wearing?"

Peter is in a green homemade sweater, which would be normal, except for the 3D snowflakes and 3D snowman face attached to it. Ned was in a navy blue sweater with a sewn on Spock head and the words 'Trek the Halls'. MJ has a blue sweater with a Christmas tree sewn onto the side. Hers was the most normal of the three.

Peter looks down at his sweater and chuckles. "Parker family tradition," he explains. "May likes to knit us homemade ugly Christmas sweaters that we wear every Christmas Eve. She gives them out to all of our close family and friends." He notices me holding in a laugh. "I know that they aren't the most attractive looking, but a tradition is a tradition. Besides," he smirks, "I have a feeling that you'll be joining the ugly sweater club too."

I chuckle. "I think it looks adorable."

Peter starts to blush and is about to say something when May comes into the room. "(Y/n)! I'm so glad you made it! How was the weather outside?"

I smile at her, seeing her also in a homemade green sweater, hers with a Christmas tree on it. "It wasn't too bad getting here. It's snowing though."

She smiles, then looks to her nephew. "Peter, why don't you guys start some of the activities we planned, while I work on dinner, okay?"

Peter nods and May starts to walk back to the kitchen.

"Activities?" I ask.

Peter grins at me while raising an eyebrow. "Of course! Wouldn't be much of a party without anything to do, now would it?"

I shrug. "From what I've seen, parties are just a bunch of adults gathered around, talking, drinking..."

Plus a robot attack and the start of Ultron, but I'm guessing that isn't a normal party thing.

"Well, this party has activities, we're not adults, and there will be no more drinking for you." He says, shoving my shoulder teasingly.

The four of us sit down in the living room. MJ and I sitting on the couch, and Peter and Ned sitting on the floor beside us. Peter on my side, Ned on MJ's.

"Oh come on, I couldn't have been that bad," I argue.

Peter looks me dead in the eye and raises his eyebrows. "Believe me, you were."

"I'd believe you more if you actually told me what I did instead of turning into a tomato and changing the subject every time I ask."

He blushes still, but manages a cocky smirk. "Somethings are better left a mystery, (Y/n)."

I roll my eyes. "Whatever. What's the first activity?"

"Guess the Christmas Song," Peter says.

My eyebrows furrow. "What?"

Peter picks up a Santa hat from the table beside the couch. "May has been planning this one for a while. So basically, it's like charades. You pick a Christmas song from the hat, and then you have to try to act it out so the others can guess."

(A/n: fun fact, I actually did this with my friend at her Xmas party, so thanks to her for the idea!)

I smile. "Show us how it's done then."

"Why, Johnson? You don't know how to play charades either?" He teases.

I roll my eyes. "I'm not that clueless."

"Says the girl who didn't know how to play basketball."

"I figured it out!"

Peter laughs. "Alright, I'll go first then."

He reaches into the hat and pulls out a slip of paper. After he reads it, he starts to do an awkward little dance in a circle around the Christmas tree.

"Oh! Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree!" I yell.

"Yeah!" Peter grins and hands me the hat. "You're up, (Y/n)."

I take the hat from him and pull out my own slip of paper.

'Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer'

I chuckle, thinking of how I can act it out.

I place the paper down next to Peter's discarded one and use my hands to make antlers at the sides of my head. Then, I tap my nose. I repeat the two actions, waiting for them to guess.

Peter is too busy laughing to answer, Ned looks confused, and MJ finally sighs. "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer?"

I nod and toss her the hat. "You're up!"

We continue to play the game, and a few others, while May cooks dinner. Eventually, when she's finished, we all go into the kitchen to help her set the table. I'm in charge of silverware and plates while Ned, MJ, and Peter help bring in the food.

I walk to the dining table and start setting up the plates, forks, knives, and spoons (etc.). I finish setting up the five spots before noticing the sixth chair.

Is someone else coming?

I shrug. I mean, it makes sense for other people to be coming. The Parkers do know other people after all.

I finish setting up the sixth chair when there is a knock on the door.

"I've got it, May!" Peter calls from the kitchen. I laugh as he races from the kitchen around the corner and out of sight.

I start to hum Christmas songs to myself as I help May set up, before a familiar voice catches my attention.

"Oh! H-Hi, sir! I'm glad you could make it! I wasn't sure if you'd actually come..."

"Hey, kid."

I'm sorry, what the hell?

My eyebrows furrowed, I cautiously walk around the corner to the front door.

....................................................................................................................................
(Peter's P.O.V.)

I stand awkwardly to the side as Tony Stark steps into our tiny apartment. I mean, he's been here before, but I can't help but feel embarrassed by comparing it to the probably ginormous mansion that he's living in. But Tony doesn't look around the place as if he's disgusted by how poor we are (not that we're that poor, we just aren't anywhere as rich as him), he'd never do that. Instead, he looks around at all the homemade Christmas decorations with a smile.

But the smile fades as his eyes fix on something over my shoulder.

I turn around to see (Y/n), standing behind me in her ivory white sweater, looking confused as hell. Her furrowed eyebrows and eyes seem to scream 'what the hell are you doing here?' but it isn't me that she's looking at.

I look back and forth between Tony and (Y/n) as they seem to have some sort of mental conversation with each other. (Y/n)'s eyes narrow and Tony looks away.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion.

What's going on?

.................................................................................................................................
(3rd Person P.O.V. Past Tense)

Tony Stark sat hunched over with his head in his hands. He hadn't slept all weekend. Not at all, ever since what he heard on the news.

When he sent (Y/n) off to school on Monday morning, against his better judgement, he saw the fierce, determined look in her eyes. It was like fire. But past that, pushing past the brave front she put up to protect herself, he also saw the fear. Pure, unnerving fear. Fear of her secret being exposed after nine years of  comfort, by the man who traumatized her at six years old.

It was the fear in her eyes that made Tony see her, for a moment, as that scared little girl in the hospital, crying her eyes out after her mother's death and after being abandoned by her 'father'. The little girl who was remarkably smart for her age, and had a knack for inventing and building remarkable things, even at six years old. The little girl who looked up at him with the same fear in her eyes as she did, nine years later, when her biggest secret became exposed to the world.

The little girl that he had sworn to himself that he would risk everything for, and do everything in his power to protect, no matter what.

And even though (Y/n) was older now, and so much more mature and wise, he still couldn't help seeing that scared little girl that she tried so hard to bury within her. He couldn't help wanting to wrap her in this safe little bubble where the dangers and horrible people of the world couldn't hurt her. A little bubble where she would never have to feel scared. Where she would always be happy and carefree, being able to build and create whatever she wanted.

But he knew he couldn't. As much as he wanted to, she'd never let him. Because she was independent, and creative, and smart. She knew that she could handle herself, even if it hurt sometimes. And it was her fierce, determined, fiery look that made Tony believe her. That made him know that she could handle herself. Because he knew that she wasn't just that scared little girl that he had to protect anymore. She was her own person, insanely smart and resourceful. And above all else, she was determined.

She was so much like him, and that was one of the things that scared him the most.

But he had to trust that she could handle herself. He had to let her handle herself. So she could grow. Into the person that she was destined to be.

Tony rubbed his tired eyes and sat up straighter. He'd figure out how to protect her. He just needed a plan.

That's when his phone started to ring.

He glanced at the caller ID before picking it up. "Hello?"

["Hey, Mr. Stark! I-It's Peter Parker. Um, well, I was just wondering if you would maybe like to, uh, come to a Christmas Eve party?"]

Tony's eyebrows raised in amusement. "A Christmas Eve party?"

["Yeah! Um, well, May throws one every year. On Christmas Eve, that is, but you probably already knew that...Anyways! Uhm, you're welcome to come if you'd like! Though I'd understand if you're busy or spending time with your, um, family..."]

Peter trailed off and Tony knew he had seen the news announcement about his secret daughter.

"Well..." Tony didn't want to hurt the poor kid's feelings. He really did care for him as if he were his son, and he wouldn't mind going to his party, but (Y/n) was going to be at this party, and he had already insisted that he didn't know a Peter Parker. Besides, he had much bigger things to worry about--

Then it clicked. Tony came up with his plan.

"...I'll see if I can make it kid, but I can't guarantee anything."

["Ok! No problem! The party starts around seven in case you can go!"]

"Alright, thanks for the invite, Pete."

["No problem! Bye, Mr. Stark!"]

Tony knew that he'd be risking a lot by going. He knew that his daughter would be there, and he knew how angry she would get once she found out that he had been lying, and that he had been lying about not lying. She'd be furious, and given the current circumstances, it might damper their relationship. She'd might not even forgive him. But if everything went according to his newly formed plan, then she would understand everything. She would understand why he lied, and she would be safe.

It was a risk he needed to take to protect her.

...........................................................................................................................
(Peter's P.O.V.)

Both (Y/n) and Tony stand stiff, not moving. Tony looks anywhere but (Y/n) while she glares at him.

Do the two of them have a bad history or something? I didn't know that they even knew each other...

"Hello," (Y/n) finally greets him. She turns to me. "I didn't know you guys knew each other well."

"Yeah...it's kind of a long story..." I say awkwardly, somewhat nervous under her intense stare. She has that look in her eyes again. The look she gets when she's trying to figure something--or someone--out. Not gonna lie, it's intimidating.

I clear my throat awkwardly. "(Y/n), this is Tony Stark. Mr. Stark, this is (Y/n) Johnson."

"I know who he is," she says. She sticks her hand out for him to shake, which he does, locking eyes with her. "Nice to meet you, Mr. Stark."

"Likewise, Ms. Johnson."

They lock eyes for a few more moments, their hand grip very tight, before letting go.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion.

What the hell?

(Y/n) turns back to me. "I'm going to go finish helping May set the table." She turns and leaves without saying goodbye to Mr. Stark, though I suppose she isn't technically leaving. Not really, at least.

I clear my throat again. "Come on in."

Mr. Stark follows me to the living room. 

"So...that's her, huh?" He says awkwardly.

"What?"

He nudges my shoulder. "The girl you were talking about. You know, the one you have a--"

"Oh!" I interrupt, before he can say anything else. I blush and look down. "Um, yeah. That's her. She doesn't usually act like that though. She was fine a minute ago, I don't know why she's being so weird now."

Tony looks away and shrugs. "Where should I put these?" He holds up a bag which I hadn't realized he was holding. "I have gifts inside..." He explains.

"You didn't have to get anyone anything, Mr. Stark!" I say. "I'm so sorry, we didn't know if you were coming, so no one got you anything! But I can swing over to the store really quick and pick something up--"

He laughs. "Peter, it's fine. I didn't expect you to get me anything." He notices the tree and sets the presents down at the base with the rest. When he turns back around to face me, he has a serious expression. "There is one thing you can do for me, though."

"Sure! Anything! What is it, Mr. Stark?" I ask.

"Well--"

"Dinner!" May calls, cutting off whatever Tony was about to say.

He gestures for me to go to the table. "Go on, kid. We can talk after dinner."

After introducing Mr. Stark to MJ and Ned, we all find our seats at the table. May is at one head of the table, and next to her on one side is MJ, then Ned. On her other side is (Y/n), then me. Finally, at the opposite head of the table is Tony.

"Shouldn't you be sitting here, Peter?" He jokes as he sits down. "You're the man of the house after all."

I smile sadly and glance at May before looking down. "Yeah, well...I didn't use to be. This has been where I've sat since I was six years old. That has always been my Uncle Ben's spot." I gesture to Tony's seat. (Y/n) places a reassuring hand on my knee under the table.

Tony's teasing smile drops immediately. "I'm sorry, Pete. I didn't know. I can sit somewhere else if you want--" 

"No, no, it's totally okay! Don't worry! I just meant that I prefer sitting here, is all."

We all sit in awkwardly for a bit before May clears the silence. "Well? Dig in!"

We start to fill our plates with the turkey, potatoes, stuffing, and everything that May made. Surprisingly, they don't actually taste that awful, but I suspect that's because MJ kept briefly going into the kitchen to help May while we were doing the party games.

As I sit in between (Y/n) and Mr. Stark, I can't help but notice an odd tension in the room.

After dinner, May and I clean up everyone's plates and utensils. (Y/n) tried to convince us to let her help, but we waved her off.

After putting the last of the dishes in the dishwasher, I stand up straight and stretch. Turning around, I notice (Y/n) and Tony talking. Or at least, I think they're talking. They're sitting at opposite ends of the couch away from everyone else. They sit as far away from each other as possible, and they stay extremely stiff, not looking at each other, but I can see their lips moving. They must be talking really quietly though, because even with my heightened senses, I can still barely make out what they're saying from the other room. Not that I want to eavesdrop anyway.

(Y/n) watches as Tony stands up and walks over to me, her face emotionless.

"Hey, Pete. Can we talk now?" He asks in a hushed tone as he reaches me.

"Sure," I say. "Is this a conversation that needs to be discussed somewhere private? Or..."

"That would be best, yeah."

I nod and lead him down the hall into my room. I take a seat in my computer chair as he starts to pace. I watch him silently, waiting patiently for him to start speaking. Finally, he stops pacing and turns to face me.

"Have you seen the news?"

I nod, knowing what he means. "Is it...um...is it true?"

He stays still before finally giving a nod that's more like a twitch. "...I need your help. I have this...plan. More of just an idea, really."

I listen intently as he starts to briefly explain the current situation and then his plan in full detail. When he's done, I take my time to process and think.

"I know it's asking a lot, Peter. I don't want you to feel pressured into agreeing. If you aren't comfortable, we'll find another way, don't worry. I haven't even brought up this plan to my daughter yet."

 I nod to acknowledge that I heard him, but my head still spins.

The plan would involve her knowing who I am. Could I really reveal my identity to a total stranger? But I suppose she'd be doing the same to me.

"Can I think about it?"

Tony smiles, but it seems forced. "Of course. Now, go enjoy your party."

We walk back out of my room to join everyone.

Mr. Stark goes to talk to May, the only other adult, and Ned grabs my arm and yanks it.

"Dude, what the heck?" I ask as he continues to drag me through the living room.

Finally he stops, and shoves me into someone, knocking them backwards. I quickly grab (Y/n)'s elbow and wrap my arm around her waist to keep her from falling. "Ned, what the hell?"

But Ned merely giggles and points up. (Y/n) and I look up to see what he's pointing at, where we see MJ standing on the couch, holding a sprig of mistletoe above our heads. She smirks down at us. "Pucker up, Parker."

My face goes tomato red and (Y/n) blushes too, but she laughs it off. I look back down at her to see her coming up on her tip-toes as she softly kisses my cheek. If it's possible for my face to turn anymore red, mine does.

She pulls away, smiling up at me. "Merry Christmas, Peter."

"Aww!" We both turn to see Tony and May looking at us, with May absolutely beaming. I immediately let go of (Y/n) and she steps away.

"That was adorable," May says. "But (Y/n), you missed his lips by a couple inches." She winks.

Satisfied with our red faces, May claps her hands. "Present time!"

We gather around the tree. MJ, Ned, (Y/n) and I sit on the floor while Tony and May sit on the couch. "Who wants to go first?"

Ned gives out his presents first. He got a new video game for me, a good set of pencil crayons for MJ, a mug for May, and a hat for (Y/n) that says 'I speak fluent sarcasm.

Next, MJ gives out her presents. She had painted a portrait for each of us, which she gives out shyly, but we all love them. They look so realistic.

(Y/n) gives out her presents next. She got a sketchbook for MJ, a Star Wars themed video game controller for Ned, and a green dress for May.

She slides the red wrapped present over to me. "Go on, then. Open it!" She grins excitedly.

Smiling back at her, I start to carefully unwrap the present.

"Oh come on, Peter! Just rip it open!"

Chuckling to myself at her giddiness, I start to rip the wrapping paper open to find an old movie and the Millennium Falcon lego set.

I grin up at her. "This is so awesome! I've been wanting this for months! Thanks, (Y/n)!"

"You like it then?" She asks nervously. "I wasn't sure if you already had it, or--"

"Of course I like it," I cut her off. "It's perfect, I love it. And I can't wait to watch this." I hold up the old movie Aliens that she also got me.

She grins.

"Time for everyone to open my presents, I think." May says.

She got everyone, including Tony, some homemade candy cane fudge, and (Y/n) got something else with it.

(Y/n) carefully holds up the ugly Christmas sweater that May made her. It was white with a 3D mistletoe sewn on to it. I look over at Ned and we smirk, preparing for (Y/n)'s embarrassment, but instead she stands up and hugs May.

"I love it, May. Thank you so much." She smiles one of her brightest smiles.

"Of course, dear. You're part of our little family too now."

(Y/n) hugs her tighter.

After (Y/n) sits back down I announce, "okay! Time for everyone to open their presents from me!"

I hand everyone their present, which are all wrapped in a box. They all open them at the same time, but I watch (Y/n), waiting for her reaction.

Her box is significantly smaller than the rest, wrapped in violet wrapping paper. She eagerly rips it open, and then carefully opens the box.

She stares at what is inside in shock for a few moments, and I practically hold my breath waiting for her reaction. Then she slowly starts to smile, before breaking into a full-on grin. She looks up at me and leans over the pile of presents and wrapping paper to hug me. Her arms wrap around me and she holds tightly. I hug her back gently.

The rest of the room turns quiet around us, and I can faintly hear the clicking sound of someone taking a picture with their phone, but I don't care. I could stay in this moment forever and I wouldn't mind.

Finally, (Y/n) pulls back. "It's beautiful," she says in awe.

"What is it?" MJ asks.

(Y/n) carefully holds up the circular silver locket. It flashes as the light hits it, and she smiles, looking at the engraving.

You're
safe
with me

"You like it then?" I ask nervously. I wasn't sure if she'd think I'm weird for getting her it.

"Like it?" She asks. "Peter, I absolutely love it! It's gorgeous!" She continues to rub her thumb over the engraving. "It's the sweetest thing ever."

I smile.

She stands up and holds the locket out to me. Confused, I take it as she holds her hair up.

"I need your help putting it on," she clarifies with a laugh as she sees my confusion.

"Oh. Right." I quickly stand up and unclasp it, wrapping the chain around her neck. I fumble with the clasp, blushing, as she waits patiently. I hear another click of a camera. Finally, I manage to clasp it together and she lets her hair back down.

She turns around to face me, beaming. I can't help blushing more as I smile back. "You look beautiful," I whisper.

She starts to blush slightly too. "Thank you." 

She looks down at her necklace and opens it, seeing the pictures inside. On one side was a picture of the four of us from Halloween, and on the other side was a picture of (Y/n) and I. In the photo, (Y/n) was laughing at something I said, and I was blushing while smiling at her. MJ sent it to me. It was a bit of an embarrassing photo for me, but I liked it nonetheless.

We sit back down with (Y/n) beside me instead of across from me. After Tony hands out his presents (gift cards) we all talk for the rest of the evening before it's late.

MJ and Ned's parents came to pick them up, and (Y/n) was gathering up her stuff to go. 

"Are you sure your dad can't pick you up, (Y/n)?" May asks. "I'm not sure how safe it is to try to hail a cab at this time of night."

"I'll be alright, really."

"I can give her a ride home," Tony says, standing up.

"That's okay, Mr. Stark. You really don't have to do that," she says somewhat bitterly.

"I insist."

She locks eyes with him for a moment before sighing. "Fine." She turns to May and I and wraps us in a hug. "Enjoy your Christmas."

"You too."

She huffs. "I'll try, but my dad has been a bit of a pain in the ass, lately," she says slightly louder. I hear Tony sigh from the front door.

"...Everything okay at home?" I ask her, hesitantly. 

She starts to play with the locket around her neck. "Yeah, everything is fine, I promise." She smiles. "Enjoy the rest of your holiday, Peter. Thank you both, again."

"You are very welcome. Feel free to drop by again sometime this holiday, (Y/n). We love having you over," May says. I nod in agreement. 

She smiles at us. "Have a good night," she says, before following Mr. Stark out the door.

...................................................................................................................................

(Stark's [(Y/n) to be clear] P.O.V.)

I follow my dad out to his car without saying a word. I settle into the passenger seat and I stare out the window, fiddling with the locket.

My dad clears his throat awkwardly. "I thought I said no kissing under mistletoe," he teases, trying to ease the tension.

"I thought you said you didn't know Peter Parker," I snap back.

He sighs and rubs his face tiredly. "I didn't mean to spoil your night, (Y/n). I really didn't. I just--"

"I'm not mad at you for 'spoiling my night'." I cut him off angrily. "I'm mad at you for lying to me. You promised that you didn't know Peter Parker, even though I knew you did. And then you promised that you weren't lying! But you did! And you expect me to just act like that never happened? To act like everything is okay?"

"(Y/n), I'm sorry I lied. I really am. I didn't want to--"

"Then why did you?" I cut him off again, raising my voice. "What difference does it make whether you know Peter already or not?! So what if he had an internship with you?! Why is that something you need to lie about to your own daughter to hide?! What's the big deal?! What's the reason to lie?!" I glare at him. "You are so hypocritical! You get so mad at me for keeping secrets and lying to you, and then you go and do the exact same thing! It's no wonder I hack your files since it's clearly the only way I can get any information!"

"(Y/n), I promise it will all make sense soon. I promise. You'll understand why I did everything."

I turn away from him, clutching the locket in my hand. "Yeah, well, we all know how well you keep your promises."

"...I'm sorry, (Y/n)."

The rest of the car ride is in silence.

After what seems like hours, we pull up to the familiar building. The Avengers Facility. We considered going home for Christmas, back to our mansion, but Dad decided it wasn't safe. So now we're spending Christmas here. 

"(Y/N)," he calls as I step out of the car, slamming the door behind me. "Don't let this ruin Christmas, please?"

I turn around and glare at him. He continues. "I promise I have reasons for what I did, and I will explain them to you when I can, but I just can't yet. After Christmas, you can be as mad at as me for as long as you want, but for our family, just one more good day, okay?"

I glare at him before sighing. "Fine," I spit out. "But I'm doing this for them. Not for you."

"Thank you."

......................................................................................................................................................

(3rd Person P.O.V.)

After many hours of tossing and turning, (Y/n) Stark finally falls asleep, clutching on to the locket that Peter gave her, as if it might protect her from the nightmares that she knows will come. The nightmares that have been haunting her dreams for the past few weeks.

Tony Stark sits awake, not able to fall asleep either. Not wanting to give in to his nightmares.

His phone rings from his nightstand. He quickly picks it up, not wanting to wake up Pepper, who was peacefully asleep beside him. He walks out into the hall to answer.

"Hello?"

["Hey, Mr. Stark, it's Peter..."]

"What's wrong, kid?"

He hears Peter take a deep breath before answering.

["I'll do it."]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 26.2K 33
"I just want to protect you," Peter told me. *slowburn* Y/N Stark is the daughter of Tony Stark. When she finally convinces him to go to a real schoo...
169K 4.5K 23
You are a young 18 years old girl, in your last year of high school. Because of your father's work, you constantly had to move to other cities and ch...
102K 2.9K 41
Y/N Stark... Daughter of the famous Tony Stark that everyone knows as Iron Man. Y/N hid a secret from the world. The fact that she have ability beyo...
42.9K 978 11
(book 1) y/n stark is really not here for this european school vacation because in this post-endgame world, she's mourning the loss of her dad. but o...