Difference

By garicksons

A story of teenager Adonis, living with post traumatic stress disorder, as well as a world of other issues in... More

Disclaimer
1. I like your shoes
2. Teen Connection Club
3. Skylar & Braheim
4. Guitar Playing
5. American Oven
6. The R Word
7. Facetime
8. Christmas Eve
9. Merry Chrithmath
10. Bad, but Fun.
11. CN Tower
12. Dread Head
13. Email
14. Bitch
15. Creative Writing
16. Keith
17. Party
18. Pineapples
19. Pills
20. Six Years Ago
21. I like you
22. Abstinence
23. Breathe
24. Micheal
PSA: dont do this
25. Ice Cubes *TW*
26. Cookies
27. Frozen
backstory
28. Her
30. Freaky
31. Sneak
32. Bruise
33. Loud
34. Swishers
35. Argument.
36. Back Home
37. Comfortable
38. Sidechick
39. Fight
40. Grow
41. Dinnertime
42. Advice
43. Drinks
44. Emotions
45. Sick
46. Abrasive
47. Meeting.
48. Family
49. ♡ Valentine ♡
50. ♡ Valentine pt 2 ♡
51. NYC (Final)
Epilogue: 5 years later
New Books
Q&A
Happy Fall ;)

29. Ali-bi

20K 1.6K 2.5K
By garicksons

alibi
verb INFORMAL
1.
offer an excuse or defense for (someone), especially by providing an account of their whereabouts at the time of an alleged act.
"her friend agreed to alibi her"

Farrah»

"Let me guess. You ran off with some boy?" My mom asked me over the phone.

"He needs me right now, mom."

"Alright alright. There won't be much food whenever you get back though, don't do anything dumb. Love you."

"Love you too, bye."

Adonis and I had been out walking for almost an hour, I figured I should call my mom to let her know.

"Can I ask you something Farrah?"

"Yeah."

"Is it....okay to tell people you're my girlfriend? I don't want to embarrass you."

"Why would that embarrass me?"

"I don't know...people laugh at me a lot. I don't want you to get laughed at too."

"If they laugh, fuck them."

"Yeah..I don't care about what they say." He chuckled. "....okay I do."

"That's okay, its easy to care. Just remember that no one has anything to do with us, but us. So ignore them."

Adonis»

It had been around two hours of Farrah and I wandering around the dark park. Our conversations spanning vast topics.

By now though, I needed to get home..and so did she.

I called Eden yo get us from the park, in which he annoyedly agreed to.

After waiting for about a half hour, Eden pulled up by the bench Farrah and I were sitting. I noticed there was another guy in the car with him, so Farrah and I climbed in the backseat.

"Aight kids, this my boy Adam. Imma drop Farrah off first, then him, then Don I'll take you home."

"Okay." I shrugged.

-

Within no time, we pulled up in front of Farrah's house.

"I'm sorry today went like this. Tell me if you need something, okay?"

"Okay..."

"Text me when you get home." She said, kissing my cheek and getting out the car.

"Oooohhhh shit. I see you, I see you." Eden laughed, as we pulled off.

"That's your girl?" His friend asked.

"Yeah..."

"Lil nigga low key took her from me. I ain't tripping though." Eden told his friend.

I guess this guy's house was far, because we ended up driving around for pretty long. After almost forty five minutes, I began to doze off.

As I was falling asleep, I heard quiet talking between Eden and his friend.

I felt the car stop, indicating we had finally arrived to this guys house.

My eyes opened slightly, observing the two, who were speaking quietly.

"I had fun today." The guy chuckled.

"Yeah, me too. Go on inside, your mom is waiting."

"Do you think she suspects-"

"Shh, Adam damn. My little brother is still in the car."

"Man he been sleep. It's cool." The guy said, leaning closer to Eden.

"Go. Inside." Eden said sternly.

I'm not supposed to see this.

"Okay Eden. I guess I'll talk to you later..?"

"Yeah."

Adam leaned even closer to him, before Eden pushed him away.

"Adam. Now's really not the time."

He sighed, before getting out the car, slamming the door.

Guilt filled my body. I felt like I was spying, and eavesdropping. It was confirmed I wasn't supposed to hear or see that, I guess I should just pretend I didn't?

"Adonis." Eden spoke.

I stayed quiet.

"Adonis." He spoke a bit louder.

"..yeah?" I said, as if I just woke up.

"You was sleep?" He asked, glancing at me in the rear view mirror.

"Yeah."

"Oh..did you have a good time with Farrah?"

"I guess."

"How was the dinner thing?"

"I didn't go."

"Hm." He said, not questioning me as to why. "Maybe we'll get some food on the way home."

"Cool." I replied.

"Hey Don.....you can keep a secret, right?"

Farrah»

When I got inside, my parents, Braheim, and his girlfriend were sitting in the living room.

"Farrah. Nice to see you apart of the family." My dad joked.

"Haha." I said, on my way upstairs.

"Do you wanna come in here with us? We were about to play uno."

"I don't really feel well." I said continuing upstairs.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Abigail stand up. As I was halfway up the stairs, I heard her voice.

"Farrah..right?" She said quietly.

"What?"

"Could we talk?"

"Look, I don't-"

"Just for a second, please." She pleaded.

"Come up here." I said, and she walked up to where I was.

We took a seat on the top step, away from where my family could hear us.

"Did he tell you?" Her voice already shaky.

"No." I replied simply.

"I-I understand him reacting that way. And I'm..I'm sorry for saying I didn't know him..that was just..a lot. For both him and I."

"Ok.."

"I know he probably doesn't want to ever hear from me. But..he's your boyfriend and..I'm sure you see him often. Could you tell him..that I live with what I did everyday of my life since it happened. I left home, dropped out of school, I tried to leave everything behind, but I still live with it. And that..I'm sorry for the child my mother created."

It felt like less of a message to relay to Adonis, and more of her getting something out. Something that's been in for a long time.

I had zero context of this situation, but I found myself feeling hurt for her. At the same time, Adonis was at the back of my mind. She hurt him in some way.

"I'll uh..talk to him about it. If he's comfortable." I told Abigail, who by now had tears running down her face.

"Is he doing better now?" She asked me, looking me in my eyes for the first time during this conversation.

"Yeah..he's alright."

"Good. That's good." She said, wiping her face."I'm sorry for fucking up your day. If you never want me around again, I'll understand that."

"No..you're with Braheim. I don't want- just..it's fine. Okay? Adonis is fine, I'm fine, just go back downstairs."

"I'm really sorry, Farrah. And..tell Adonis the same thing?"

"Alright.."

Adonis»

"You don't have to pretend you didn't see it." Eden chuckled, speaking up about it for the first time since we entered the diner.

"I- I didn't see anything."

"You did. I know you did. And I know you feel weird...which is okay. I'd feel weird if I were you."

"You two were just talking." I shrugged.

"You and I both know it was more than that."

We both stayed quiet.

"So...are you gay, Eden?"

"You know I'm not gay. I like girls." He said, like it was obvious.

"But-"

"Liking one don't necessarily mean you can't like the other. So no, I'm not gay."

"So..you're b-"

"Look Don, I'm just me. I don't want a label on it, I'm me. And not everyone knows, so between you and me, okay?"

"Okay.."

"For real, you and I have been getting closer lately..but don't be fooled. If you tell mom, I can and will fuck you up."

"I won't, I promise."

"I'm trusting you then. If mom asks, I was with you."

a/n:
short update cause I'm not having a great day, I'll update again sometime this weekend, however my birthday is Sunday.

does Abigail deserve a second chance?

see y'all later, thanks for reading (ps, did y'all peep the title? WORDPLAY BIH)
••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 15.1K 24
typical highschool love story
3K 55 56
A young girl rises to stardom and finds true love amidst battling mental issues caused by a traumatic past. **DISCLAIMER** This is in no way reflecti...
48.6K 2.2K 21
(n.) the phobia of losing someone you love . FEBRUARY 2021 1K APRIL 25, 2021 5K JUNE 7, 2021 10K JULY 26, 2021
1.6M 24.3K 76
Love. As 'beautiful' as love can be it hurts and bleeds. If you're unlucky you may even love the very person you know you can't have. The best friend...