Trying to impress Matt

By xxitunes22

Rain is desperate for Matt to see her as something more than his best friends little sister. Though, she woul... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40

chapter 5

268K 2.1K 133
By xxitunes22

heyy guys...this is another 1...thnx 4 the support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I kind of wish I listened to my dad when he told me that sitting in the proceedings was going to be boring. It’s not like the movies, where there is always something to watch out for. In reality, it’s just really posh, arrogant bustards that look like they are asleep more time than defending and or prosecuting the prosecutor or defendant, depending on which way you look at it.

I’m not always sitting in the same case as my father, but at least with his presence there, it is kind of bearable. And, everyone looks at you like they are better than you. Oh, how I wish they knew I was the judge’s daughter.

At the moment, I’m sitting in a petty case, where the defendant attempted to steal money from a local corner shop. He just turned eighteen, by the looks of it, seeing as his trial is being held in a criminal court, and he has a tattoo on the back of his neck. I knew it led elsewhere, but he was wearing a closed in black suit which stopped wandering eyes from seeing where it led.

“My client would like to say something before you make a decision.” His lawyer stated, waiting for the judge to nod her head. I liked this judge. She seemed to be a good character of judgement and made really well formed decisions.

“I am inclined to hear what Mr Cooper has to say.” She responded shortly after, which in turn, caused his lawyer to sit down. I could tell his lawyer was giving him some sort of lecture of prep talk, but it didn’t last too long. Well, at least something interesting is going to come out of this case.

“I would just like to say that if you could look at my mitigating circumstances, you could understand why I did what I did. Also, I wasn’t going to steal everything in the register, I was just going to borrow a few bucks to buy a meal to eat. Soon enough, I would have returned the cash I borrowed and left the shop.” He sat down then, saying something to his lawyer, while the judge nodded her head.

“Thank you Mr Cooper. Would everyone please leave the proceeding room whilst I converse with the lawyers and come up with a decision?” The judge asked, making everyone, including myself, stand up and walk out of the room. Well, that was an interesting case. I wonder what punishment she is going to give him.

All of a sudden, I felt my phone vibrate violently in my bag, which caused a few bystanders to look at me with disgust. Oh God! It’s just a phone. Geez, don’t have to look at me like that. I thought angrily, pushing my way past these people, and into the nearest bathroom.

I quickly found my phone and answered it without looking who was calling on the screen. “What?” I asked quietly, though, I don’t think anyone was in the bathroom right now.

“Bad time?” Joe asked sounding highly amused.

“As a matter of fact, it is. Do you know how many people gave me looks of pure hatred for having my phone on vibrate?” I asked, though I was calming down a bit.

“Well, you’re at the Courts. It’s filled with arrogant people. Listen sis, I need a favour.” Oh no. What did he do now?

“No.” I stated simply, plopping my bag on the counter, and pulling out an eyeliner to fix my eye make-up.

“But you didn’t even hear what it is yet.” I could hear him getting angry which brought a smile to my face.

“I don’t care.” I responded flatly, putting him on speaker while I continue to fix my make-up.

“You’re such a bitch...” Just then, two elderly ladies walked in and I thought I was going to die. If I thought the looks I was receiving earlier today were bad, I don’t know what these looks were. I felt so humiliated and embarrassed.

“Ah, Joe, just message me what you want me to do, I gotta go.” I pushed the end button on my phone, and put it in my bag, quickly moving out of the way so I could get out of the bathroom. Today is just not my day.

I quickly walked around the building, not really knowing where I was going, while taking out my phone that was in my bag. I saw that I had one new text, so I opened it quickly. ‘Could u plz pick up Matt from school and take him to the pub. Take dad’s car, he won’t care.’ Is he freaking serious? I sent him a text back asking him why he couldn’t pick him up, but as soon as I went to read his reply, I ran into something, or rather someone.

“I’m so sorry. I wasn’t looking where I was going.” I apologised, looking into a pair of dark blue eyes. I noticed it belonged to the same guy which was being tried earlier. He was actually really handsome up close, but I knew he was a bad boy, so I should just try to stay out of his way.

“It’s okay. I get it. A cute girl texting her boyfriend and didn’t notice where she was going.” He smirked slightly, which caused me to blush slightly.

“Actually, I was texting my brother.” I stated smugly, causing him to smirk wider. I nodded my head slightly, walking away from him, but that didn’t last too long.

“So, where you off too?” He asked, joining my side as we somehow continued to walk towards my father’s court room together.

“It isn’t any of your business. So if you don’t mind...” I motioned for him to move out of my way, while I entered my dad’s room. He didn’t seem to be busy, but when he noticed me he motioned for me to wait a while. In the meantime, I looked at my phone and realised that Joe never responded to my text. He is such an idiot and he owes me big.

“You working for him?” That same guy asked from behind me, nodding his head in my father’s direction.

“Are you following me?” I asked him back, not bothering to answer his question.

“No, I’m just bored and like I said earlier, you’re cute so I’m just getting to know you a bit better.” Okay, this guy is officially creepy.

“Why don’t you go back to your court case and listen to what punishment you’re going to receive?” I spat bitterly.

He chucked softly, which caused the hairs on the back of my neck to stand on edge. “I already received my punishment.” He said it in such a carefree tone that I was speechless. “Relax darling, I only received five months of community service helping some loser kids sing at some rich, preppy school.” I stood very still, trying not to listen to him while waiting very patiently for my dad to call me over. “Oh, I get it! You’re one of those preppy girls aren’t you?” He asked funnily.

Finally, my dad motioned me over which I was only too happy to do. “What’s wrong?” He asked, a frown forming on his face.

“I need your car for about an hour.” I waited patiently for him to hand me his keys but he didn’t. “Think of it as an early break.” I whispered loud enough for him to hear me only.

“Okay but be back in an hour. Call me if something happens.” I nodded my head and then he gave me his keys. “Oh and Rain...good job at ignoring that delinquent.” I smiled proudly, and then I ran off to the elevator, but not before Mr Cooper decided to beat me first.

“Oh if it isn’t Mrs Preppy herself.” He smirked as I glared. “Such a cute face to be wasted on frowns.” I rolled my eyes, waiting for the elevator doors to open.

“Could you just go home?” I asked bitterly. “It’s not like you’re waiting around to be heard in another case are you?” I asked it seriously, because you don’t know how many repetitive offenders’ I’ve had to see over the last week.

“No. I’m not waiting around to sit on another case.” He stated, while I sighed deeply. Finally, the elevator doors opened, which I gladly stepped in, only to find that he stepped in with me. “What floor you off too?” He asked.

“Underground.” I said harshly.

“Shit! I guess I need to walk you to your car then Miss..?” He asked but I ignored him. However, he smiled wickedly. “Well then, wouldn’t want a cute little girl like you walking alone in an underground car-park.” I froze slightly. Was he some serial killer or rapist?

I pretended to get my phone out of bag, but really, I got out my eyeliner stick and kept it in my hand. As soon as the elevator doors opened, I quickly walked out but because I knew he was going to follow after me, I dropped the stick to the floor, hoping he would trip over it. It worked!

I heard him grunt, which caused me to continue to run towards my dad’s car. I unlocked it quickly, starting up the car and then I locked the car from the inside as soon as I secured myself in the car.

As fast as I could, I put the car in drive and sped off towards the exit, but I noticed a little bit of blood splattered on the road as I past the elevator. “Shit!” I whispered, feeling totally responsible. I hope he is okay, even though he is creepy.

I continued to drive out of the complex and onto the main road, following signs that led towards my school, to pick up Matt. I swear, Joe owes me for this.

After driving for about 15 minutes, I finally parked in the student parking lot but stayed in the car to check out how I looked. My hair was pulled up in a pony tail, but I didn’t like it so I took it out. It flowed past my shoulders in waves, and I liked it better that way. My make-up seemed fine, but I re-applied clear lip-gloss just because I wanted to look good for Matt, even though I know it’s completely useless.

Walking out of the car, I noticed that many of the seniors were walking out of the school to go home. It’s about 2 o clock, so most of them get to leave because they have a free period. I knew Matt had football practice but he should be just about finished, so I made my way over to the gym.

Once I got closer to the gym, I noticed the halls were vastly quiet. I received some strange looks from a few students but they either ignored me or moved out of my way.

Once I was outside the doors to the gym, I opened it quietly, but because all the boys were sitting down on the floor, listening to Coach Butler, it actually sounded quite loud, causing all the boys, including the coach to look my way. I blushed profusely and nodded me head slightly.

“Rain, what are you doing here?” The coach asked as I noticed most of the guys checking me out. Shit! I forgot I was in a black skirt and white top which definitely outlined my body fairly well.

“I’m just waiting for Matt because I’m his ride after he is finished here.” I heard most of the guys say catty remarks, some even going as far to whistle which caused me to blush a little.

“Well, just sit over on that seat.” The coach pointed to a chair which was leant against the wall, adjacent to him. I nodded my head, walking in the direction of the chair, while the loud sound of my heels clicked away until I sat down carefully on the chair, willing my skirt not to rise any higher so the boys don’t get a good view. Once again, Joe owes me one. “My eyes are up here, not down Rain’s skirt!” The coach yelled, causing the guys to swiftly move their hideous stares from me to the coach. I smirked slightly, but it only increased when I saw that Matt was still staring at my legs.

“I like that plan.” Someone said, causing a few of the others to agree with him.

“Well then, it’s final. Get up boys and go take a shower. I’m surprised Rain didn’t leave because you guys smell disgusting.” I laughed along with the coach and some of the boys growled towards us. “Oh relax, you guys still have a chance with her after your showers, ain’t that right Rain?” I saw the old man wink in my direction which caused me to smile.

“A girl does love a guy that smells nice.” I quipped. I looked around the room, spotting Matt’s eyes instantly and he smirked at me. I turned scarlet as my heart raced a little bit, so I diverted my gaze away from him and onto some of the other jocks who were winking at me.

“Alright boys, go take your showers!” One by one, the boys walked into the locker-room to take their showers. I spoke to the coach for a while, helping him pack away some of the sports equipment and eventually I listened into his game plan for the boys. It was really smart, but I couldn’t help but think that something even more genius could work. Nonetheless, I kept my mouth shut and nodded when he looked at me.

“Let’s go!” Matt whispered from behind me. Why does he always do that for? Doesn’t he know that when he whispers against my neck, it makes me go totally insane? Of course he doesn’t.

“Sorry coach. We got to go now! Good luck with the game plan.” He smiled broadly at Matt and I, and then I left with Matt.

“Honestly, what do you really think of the game plan?” Matt asked, walking by my side to my dad’s car.

“It’s great.” I said enthusiastically, causing Matt to roll his eyes at me.

“Honestly?” He asked while I unlocked my dad’s car.

When we both settled in our seats, I started the car and drove out of the school. “Why do you care?” I asked, changing lanes quickly because the guy in front of us was driving like an old grandma.

“I don’t know. I just want to know what you really think of it.” He said and I smiled.

“Well, I was just thinking about this youtube video I saw the other day where a guy literally walked past the opposing team, then sprinted the rest of the way towards the goal and scored. I don’t know if it’s a legal move, but it could totally work.” I said really quickly.

“Really? You got to show me that video because if it’s a real legal move, that could work just as good as coaches plan.” I just nodded my head, scrunching up my face in confusion as I lost my direction.

“Shit!” I whispered.

“What’s wrong?” Matt asked.

“I don’t know where I’m going. Do you know how to get to the pub?” I asked.

“Yeah...just take a left turn at the lights and the second street on the right.” I nodded my head and followed his direction. “Did Joe tell you to take me here?” He asked.

“Yep and he owes me big.” I smiled happily as I thought about all the things he could do to owe me. I might have to call Lia to help me on that. I parked the car easily on the side of the kerb, waiting for Matt to say bye or something.

“She won’t do a pregnancy test.” He told me eventually.

“She’s not pregnant Matt. I overheard a couple of the cheerleaders saying that Holly is going to be working as a model in a few months. How many models do they let in that are pregnant?” I rhetorically asked.

He seemed to be taking in all the information I just told him, so I turned off the car. It’s going to waste too much petrol (gas) anyway. “But she could still be...”

“Look Matt! She is a freaking cheerleader. The last thing she needs is a baby to ruin her position at the top. Trust me when I say that she will get rid of the baby if she is pregnant.” I know I am being harsh right now, but I didn’t want him to think that he made a kid with another woman. I know, I have issues and I will deal with them eventually.

“Okay Rain. I trust that you’re right.” He smiled at me and then gave me a side hug which was kind of awkward but I melted into his arm anyways. “Thanks!”

“You seem to be thanking me a lot these days.” I teased which caused him to ruffle my hair. Okay, so not the reaction I was looking for.

“I’ll catch you later.” He said, removing his hands from shoulders and opening the handle for the door. I watched him leave until he entered the pub and then I sighed dramatically. I really needed him to find me more attractive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

heyy remember to comment/vote thnx

Continue Reading