Dark Side

By talkatyourownrisk

Sophie is a vampire and has been since the 1500s. Her brothers and herself attend a local high school where s... More

Dark Side - Chapter One
Dark Side- Chapter Two
Dark Side- Chapter Three
Dark Side- Chapter Four
Dark Side- Chapter Five
Dark Side- Chapter Six
Dark Side- Chapter Seven
Dark Side- Chapter Eight
Dark Side-Chapter Eight (#2)
Dark Side- Chapter Nine
Dark Side- Chapter Ten
Dark Side- Chapter Eleven
Dark Side- Chapter Twelve
Dark Side- Chapter Thirteen
Dark Side- Chapter Fourteen
Dark Side- Chapter Fifteen
Dark Side- Chapter Sixteen
Dark Side- Chapter Seventeen
Dark Side- Chapter Eighteen
Dark Side- Chapter Nineteen
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty One
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Two
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Five
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Six
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Seven
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Eight
Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Nine
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty One
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Two
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Three
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Four
Dark Side -Chapter Thirty Five
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Six
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Seven
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Eight
Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Nine
Dark Side- Chapter Forty
Dark Side- Chapter Forty One
Dark Side- Chapter Forty Two
Dark Side- Chapter Forty Three
Dark Side- Epilogue

Dark Side- Chapter Twenty Three

707 18 0
By talkatyourownrisk

I walked up slowly to the big white three story house in front of me. Ringing the door bell I sighed, can't believe I'm doing this. A short and chubby woman answered the door, the bags Nader her eyes suggested no sleep while her pursed lips suggested I was not the normal visitor.

I peeked around her, "Is Wren home?" I asked my eyes falling back onto her.

"Why yes he is, come on in ill get him." She smiled, opening the door while motioning for me to enter.

There was something seriously off with her. A I stepped in she closed the door and went up the stairs slowly, pausing at the top to look back down at me. I glanced around the room, it was nice. I guess, not my kind of place. The roses on the table beside the door where dead, but the rest of the place eerily clean. I walked over to the flowers and felt for a tag on the vase, sure enough I pulled out a little card that read; Happy One year anniversary sweetie! Love Sophie.

As Wren came down the stairs I crumpled the note in my hand, putting on my serious face I spun around to face him. He paused, raising his eyebrow and looking back up the stairs. Like he was waiting for the punk'd crew to run out and tell him my being here was a joke.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as he came to the realization that I wasn't kidding.

"Step outside with me?" I nodded to the door, sticking my hands in my pockets so he wouldn't see them clench into fists. He followed me outside, closing the door behind him," I need your help." I admitted through clenched teeth.

He looked shocked, "With what?"

"Sophie." I answered and he was instantly on me. Grabbing the collar of my shirt and trying to lift me off the ground or something, I was getting pretty tired of this collar grabbing shit.

"If you hurt her I swear to god." He threatened.

"Why does everyone always assume I hurt her?! You know what Wren, don't worry about her, worry about yourself." I pushed him away.

"I do." He mumbled

I raised my eyebrow, "Did you not just walk out here with a perfect stranger? Hell you even closed the door behind you." I walked over to him, " What's to stop me from doing this?" And I punched him in the face.

I dragged his unconscious body with me through the forest and back to Sophie's house. When I reached the door I threw him over my shoulder again, he had started to fall off about half way here, but honestly that's when I stopped caring. I carried him up the stairs and to Sophie's bedroom, not caring about the multiple stares and questions I got from Darrin and Brian, I just wanted to get this over with. I wasn't going to deal with this freaky Sophie for much longer. I don't care if the blood will exist her system somehow or die down or whatever, I wanted the old her back now.

I kicked open her bedroom door and threw Wren down on the bed. Sophie looked at him then me again.

"Bon appetite." I smiled, leaving the room and closing the door behind me. This had to work.

*****Sophie's POV****

Wren flung on to my bed like a lifeless doll. I watched in some weird twisted feeling of happiness and horror as Ian left me with him. I stood before I realized what I was doing and walked over to Wren. The whole thing was like watching my life through a fog. I could only control myself for second then I was pushed back to watch in horror as my fangs grew. I wasn't going to eat Wren! Not the human that I've loved for so long, what the hell was Ian trying to do here? Get his enemies eliminated on the Sophie express?

I leaned down over Wren, taking in his intoxicating scent. I never knew he smelt so.... Good. I snapped out of it, I needed to stop this. This stupid blood crazed Sid elf me couldn't have control anymore. Why'd I even let it get this bad? Wren's eyes popped open and I hurled him stifle a scream. Well I was the one who muted it with my hand. He tried to push away, trying to get out of the bed, but I placed a hand on his chest to hold him down. I watched as I slowly moved towards his neck, my fangs pulsing with excitement.

"Sophie?" He mumbled, "Sophie don't please, I don't even know how I got here."

I froze, he sounded so innocent. So loveable. That's why I love him. Hs innocence, his humanity, all the traits that I lost. Even the hungry part of me stopped, just froze with my head beside his neck.

"I love you." He added, turning his head to look at me.

I took control back, pushing any crazy part of me back into the very corner of my brain, it wouldn't be back anytime soon. I turned my head towards Wren's, fangs retracting, eyes going back to normal and I smiled.

"Thank you." I whispered.

He smiled back at me, the nicest smile I've ever seen, "Anytime."

He mov his head closer, his mouth meeting mine in a surprising, gross way. The kiss to me wasn't what it was to him. I only thought of Ian, of the little twinge of pain he felt in his chest when Wren kissed me. I pulled back, trying to hide any sign of how disgusted I was. Smiling I went over to the door, thinking of Ian, I have a issue I need to talk to him about.

Storming down the hall, I heard my brothers laugh as I turned the corner and went to Ian's door. I opened it, barging in and slamming it behind me.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I yelled at him as he sat on the bed. He looked a little wide eyed at first but a smile quickly spread across his face.

"Welcome back." He chuckled, jumping off the bed and walking over to me.

I stepped back, "Don't touch me."

"Why?" He sighed, stepping close to me again.

I stepped back until I met the wall, "Because you tried to get me to kill Wren!"

He laughed, "I wish."

"What?" I rubbed my head, god this was confusing.

"I knew you wouldn't kill him, he would snap you out of your crazy blood sucking thing. I couldn't do it, you wouldn't hurt me, you'd rather do other things...." He explained.

"Other things?" I asked before I could think about it. I couldn't remember doing anything to him.

He chuckled, shaking his head, "Yeah you blocked my path and walked towards me twirling your hair." He walked towards me, playing with my hair

I tried to shy away but there was a wall, and both his arms on either side of me. He smiled wider, "But the way you looked at me, you looked like you wanted me so bad. That was the real killer." He sighed, suddenly sad.

I frowned as he dropped his head to look at his feet then dropped his arms. Walking away from me like he did before. He sat on the bed, "And you know I believed it for a second, but then I remembered that you weren't you."

I walked over to him, he looked so heart broken. What was with him and being depressing all of a sudden? I liked him mad, it was better than whoever he was now. I sighed and sat beside him, I do want him. I want him so bad. I didn't need to convince myself, I didn't need to think about it. I wanted him. I needed him. If he didn't see that he was delusional. I don't understand how Ian, cocky, smart, sexy Ian could do this. Could be so down and so sad. It made me mad, it made my heart ache. I didn't want this.

"Ian?" I asked, making sure I had his attention before I continued. I put my hands on his cheeks, making sure he was looking at me, "I want you, I need you. Everyday when I know you're sitting in this room just down the way, all I want to do is be in here. All I want is to... Do things I'm not proud of thinking about, the blood didn't make me act out. It made me reveal things I wouldn't have before. When you kiss me I feel like I'm floating, when you touch me I could melt. When you look at me, really look at me, I want nothing more than to have you."

"That's hot." He mumbled.

I laughed shaking my head a little, "Just shut up and kiss me."

He laughed, but listened. Our lips met, the kiss starting off slow and sweet but went south pretty fast. I could barely breath as he kissed me, but I was smiling all over. This was something I've been waiting for. I didn't even know how bad I wanted him until now. The best part of it was that I could feel he wanted me too, all doubt that had ever clouded my mind was gone. It was perfect.

Then everything happened. Like every other moment in my life, something goes right then something goes terribly wrong. The sound that we heard was loud. It was blood curtailing. It was tear worthy. It made us jump back, panting and glancing around. At first it was a short shriek, the one that made us jump. Then it continued. The sound filled the house, bounced of the walls. It even bounced in my ears, making Ian and I cringe as we moved towards the door. The sound that we heard, the terrible, loud, blood curtailing thing. It was Wren.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10M 211K 27
"Karma..." He muttered. I looked over at him as he smiled to himself. "Is a bitch. And so are you!" I joked. Aiden glanced up at me and glared before...
14.7K 127 27
Unlike most werewolves Ariel isn't looking forward to meeting her mate. To her, mating would mean giving up her most important possession: her freedo...
143 1 17
He saved her from a terrible car accident when she was a just kid but she still lost her parents. She has no memory of that night but when he comes b...
2.5M 24.7K 39
Michelle doesn't want to think about her parents divorce. No more, then she already has. Michelle swears she will never let herself forget what her...