Crush or Be Crushed (EDITING)

By xCorruptedSocietyx

Alexandra Smith... She's one of those girls who hates being late to class and always abides by the rules. Ale... More

A/N
Chapter 1: First Day of School
Chapter 2: Meeting Mr. Bad Boy
Chapter 3: Date?
Chapter 4: Brother Trouble
Chapter 5: The Science Project
Chapter 6: The Devil is Evil
Chapter 7: The First Meet
Chapter 8: Best Friend Say What?
Chapter 9: Who's Ready to Party?
Chapter 10: War with Mr. Noodle Arms
Chapter 11: Dad
Chapter 12: It's Raining Pink Lemonade
Chapter 13: Who Tagged You Along?
Chapter 14: Batman Stuffed Toys and Memories
Chapter 15: Trust Issues
Chapter 16: Dodgeball Massacre
Chapter 18: Little Miss Johns
Chapter 19: What Are We?
Chapter 20: Legally Illegal
Chapter 21: Gobble Gobble
Chapter 22: Gimme My Money
Chapter 23: Parties and Games
Chapter 24: Drunk in Love
Chapter 25: Murry Christmas
Chapter 26: Falling Into a Black Abyss
Chapter 27: You Can't Escape The Past
Chapter 28: Microwave Problems
Chapter 29: The Science Fair
Chapter 30: A Happy Valentine's Day?
Chapter 31: An Even Bigger Confession
Chapter 32: Alex Gone Missing
Chapter 33: A Crushed Heart
Chapter 34: Colorless Walls and Weeping Women
Chapter 35: Thinking Back
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 17: The Bad Boy's Death Lair

370 19 0
By xCorruptedSocietyx

CS
~ La La Land ~
By: Demi Lovato

"La da dee la da da la da da!" I sing as I skip down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Morning mommy-o. Morning daddy-o. Morning Aar- Wait where's Aaron?" I ask looking around for Aaron. 

"He and his friends went somewhere this morning. They had something important to do." My mom answers.

"Oh." I say as I walk over to the dining tabe and sit down. I begin to eat me cereal and then ask her. "What are they doing that's so important?"

She shrugs. "I don't know. Basketball or something. Anyway I have to go. Ready hun?" Mom asks as she turns to dad who is washing the dishes.

"Yup. Let's go. We'll see you later, Alex." He finishes up and grabs his stuff. 

Before they reached the door, I ask, "Wait! Do I have to walk to school today?" 

"Yes I'm sorry, sweetie. We have to go now bye!" Mom says as they hurry outside.

I sigh and finish up my breakfast.

~

I walk down the sidewalk listening to my iPod. "La La Land" by Demi Lovato starts to play and I sing along.

"I am confident but I still have my moments. 
Baby, that's just me.
I'm not a supermodel, I still eat McDonalds.
Baby, that's just me.
Well, some they say I need to be afraid of losing everything.
Because of where I had my start and where I made my name.
Well, everything's the same.
In the la-la land machine..."

Just then, I hear a loud honk coming from beside me. I whip my head around only to see the one and only Derek in his fancy, grey convertable. He says something, but I couldn't quite hear him. I pause my music, unplug my earphones, and say, "What?"

Derek sighs and repeats, "Do you want a ride to school? You look lonely."

I shake my head as I continued walking down the sidewalk with him slowly cruising beside me. "No thank you. Besides, I'm always lonely so thanks for the reminder."

I hear him chuckle and say, "Come on. If you want to get to school on time, you're going to have to ride with me."

"No can do, mister. I'm fine right here on the sidewalk."

"Come on, Alex."

"Nope."

"Please?"

"Nope."

"Pleeeaassee?"

"Nope."

Derek grunts at my stuborness and I hold my head up high in victory due to winning the arguement. I pop my earphones back on and continue the song as I sing along.

"Who said I can't wear my converse with my dress?
Well, baby, that's just me.
And who said I can't be single?
And I have to go out and mingle.
Baby, that's not me, no, no, no."

My song didn't go onto the next verse because I was suddenly lifted off the ground. My earphones where pulled out of my ears obviously not by me but by Derek. "H-hey! Put me down!" I yell as I pounded his back with my fists.

"No can do, cutie." He says mocking me from earlier. I groan and hit him harder this time. "Ow! What the hell?"

"Put me down!" I yell again.

"Okay." Once he said that, he plopped me onto the passenger's seat. "There you go." He rushes over to the driver's side and gets in. 

"UGH! Are you serious?!? This is an act of kidnapping!" I say as he starts to drive.

"Well, I'm sorry I broke the law, officer." Derek rolls his eyes.

I slump down in my seat, cross my arms over my chest, and pout.

"Oh. Giving me the silent treatment now?"

I don't answer him and I turn to face the window.

"Fine, but I'll keep talking just so you know."

I huff. Why can't he just leave me alone?

"By the way, you're really good at singing."

At that, I turn to face him. "Stop lying. It's not very nice."

"Aye! She speaks!" He says as I roll my eyes. "No, I mean it. You can sing." 

"Pfft. I can't sing. I sound like a dying goat if you ask me."

Derek chuckles. "Oh really? I'd like to hear that. Sing."

I freeze. "W-what?"

"You heard me. Sing for me."

"No. I don't want to."

"Come on. Please just this once. Do it for me." Derek pleads with puppy eyes. God he looks so cute. Wait what?

"Ugh fine. I'll do it since you're annoying me."

"Yay!" He celebrates like a three year old. How childish...

I gulp and start. 

"Well, some they say I need to be afraid of losing everything.
Because of where I had my start and where I made my name.
Well, everything's the same.
In the la-la land machine."

I finish and look over at the gaping Derek. "So?"

He smirks. "Yup. You definitely can sing...and I mean it."

I narrow my eyes at him and scoff. "Nah. Still lying."

"Would you believe me if I kissed you right now?"

HUH?!? Oh god...butterflies are swarming around my stomach. Make it stop!

"WHAT?" I stare wide eyed at him.

Derek laughs and says, "Just messing with you. Don't get your panties in a wad."

Somehow that hurt. I ignore the pang in my heart and nod. We finally reach the school and we hop out of the car. "Oh! Let's meet up for our science project again. We only have like a month left and we still need to build the volcano."

"Okay. Let's meet at-"

"My place."

"Wha-"

"Let's go to a hardware store first after school to get supplies then we can head over to my place. Meet me at my car when school ends. See ya!" With that he darts into the school building.

Well then...I guess I'm going to the bad boy's death lair.

~

"If a equals the denominator of and c squared equals the numerator of d to the ninth power, then x to the fifth power equals what?"

I inwardly groan as the math teacher goes on and on about math. Oh! Ten more seconds on the clock! 

Ten

Nine

Eight

Seven

Six

Five

Four

Three

Two 

One

BRRRRRIIIIINNNNGGGG!!!!

Finally...it's officially the end of the day.

"Okay, class. Let's wrap this up and have a great afternoon." The math teacher announces.

I gather my stuff and walk out. When I reach my locker, a thought hits me. Oh God...I'm going home with Derek...

~

"So how was your day today?" Derek asks me as we drive on over to a supplies store.

"You sound like my mom..."

"Oh really?"

"Really."

"I was hoping to sound more like your boyfriend." 

I whip my head around to stare at him. "Pfft. You wish." I mumble.

He starts to laugh. "Yeah I do."

I don't know. Is it just me or is Derek flirting with me in a way that doesn't seem like flirting? He keeps on talking about boyfriends and kissing. I'm starting to get curious.

@ Derek's P.O.V. @

I can't help but glance at her every now and then. She's distracting me. I also get this feeling deep down that's somewhat nice and really irritating. I don't know, sometimes the feeling gradually grows more and makes me feel like barfing. 

We pull into the parking lot of a supplies store and we get out.

I hold the door open for Alex and say, "Milady." She rolls her eyes and steps inside with me trailing behind. "So...where to?" I ask.

"We need to find a flat, medium-size board for the base, strong stable wire for the structure of our model, air-drying clay of some sort, a scientific testing tube, baking soda, vinegar, and red food coloring. For decoration we'll need some kind of artificial grass to put on the board, brown and red paint for the volcano, and some other things we could find." She lists as we walk down isle after isle grabbing whatever she says. After a long hour of gathering our supplies, we head home.

I park on the driveway in front of a two-story beige house. We hop out and head up to the front door.

"So, this is your place?" Alex asks as I fish for my keys in my pocket.

"Yup." I grab them and unlock the door. We enter and I could hear a faint gasp from Alex.

I grin and she says, "You have a lovely home."

"Don't say that. It makes me sound gay." I huff jokingly. She chuckles and after a moment of silence, I say, "So...wanna head to my room so we can start." Alex nods and we make our way up the stairs to my room. We enter and I hear yet another gasp from her.

I chuckle. "Can't help  yourself but gasp, huh?"

"Yeah...your room is neater than I expected." She says looking around.

"What can I say? I love surprising the ladies." I mock as she rolls her eyes. 

"Derek?!? Are you home?" A loud voice echoes through the house.

"Who was that?" Alex asks. Just then, a girl walks into my room.

"Derek! You're home! And who's this?" She asks looking over to Alex.

"That's Alexandra." I say as I look over to Alex. 

The girl extends her hand toward Alex and says, "Oh. Hi Alexandra. Nice to meet you. I'm Miley, Derek's sister."

Hellur! Hope you liked this chapter. (I don't know what else to say) Well, it's Halloween tomorrow and....yeah... Anyway, remember to...

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

Love you! :D <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 85.4K 46
Ariana Jacobs and her mom are struggling to make ends meet everyday because of the death of her father, which is how she starts working as a maid for...
20.5K 607 30
Alexandra "Alex" Martin. She has the popularity, the fortune, the cold and ruthless look, and the brains. She had everything a teenager could ask for...
1.3K 12 23
I walked down the hallway quickly as I tried to get to class. Suddenly, a hand was classed over my mouth and I was pulled into a dark closet. I kicke...
86.1K 3.1K 42
Emma Carpenter is a classic example of a nerd. She does her homework, gets straight A's, reads all the time, and never gets in trouble. Then one day...