Better Than You | ✔️

By brynnbunker

**FAIR WARNING: YOU WILL HAVE TO BE PATIENT WITH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, BUT IT IS THERE, AND WORTH THE READ... More

Playlist
1 | The High-Functioning Sociopath
2| A Porkchop Drowned in Cheetos
3| Much Needed Liquid Encouragement
4| Payback is a Strawberry Cheesecake Milkshake
5| Nitric Acid and Rubbing Alcohol Just Don't Mix
6| You're a Sadist, Logan Pierce
7| We All Wish we Could be Barbie Swan Lake
8| An Ice Pack For my $5 Foot Long
9| Logan Pierce and Everything Fierce!
10| You Punched Him in The WHERE?
11| A Temporary Alliance With The Devil
12| If You Break This Balloon, I Swear...
13| The Untouchable Logan Pierce
14| A Strawberry Cheesecake Shake For The Button
15| Spill The Tea, Miss Pierce
16| One Last Try
17| Platonic Frenemies?
18| Noah Locke, Devil Reincarnate
19| Another 2 Teenage Lovebirds
20| Is That Jonah?
21| Hannah Montana is The Cure For Everything
22| Things Just Fall Into Place
23| What's Up, Miss Sunshine?
24| Noah Has a Crush!
25| The Truth Will Be Revealed
26| A Two For One!
27| You've Gotta B Aggressive!
28| Hypothetically...
29| Our Little Secret
30| Shut up And Focus on Your Homework
31| Studying at a Fancy Restaurant With No Books in Sight
32| You Just Can't Top Cayden
33| I Hate You
34| Did Somebody Say... PORKCHOPS?
35| A Completely Useless Fling
36| Pizza or Calzone?
37| Love Is A Strong Word
38| What's so Special About Edward in Twilight?
39| Don't Run Away From The Truth
40| This is Noah, My Boyfriend
41| Why Would a Rubber Ducky be Considered Sexual?
42| Thanks, Locke
43| There's Somewhere Else We'd Rather Be!
44| Genevieve, The Bitch
45| The Big Ol' L-Word
46| You Did Not Just Call a Planner a Lovely Lady
47| The Stanford Scholarship
48| She is Beauty, She is Grace. She is Noah's Fantastic Cake.
49| Operation Get Caremy Back Together
50| Pleased With my Geniosity!
51| They Were Your Balls, Pierce
52| I Just Slapped You With a Closed Fist!
53| The One Direction Song Irresistible
54| How Many Times Can Logan Say The Word 'Goddamn' in One Run-on Sentence?
55| You Literally Win Everything, Pierce!
56| You Can Paint my Face Like The Mona Lisa?
57| I Just Had my First Kiss And it Was Gay
58| Who Ever Said a Porkchop Couldn't Dance?
60| Project Make Logan do Whatever we Want Even if She's Miserable
61| Don't Scold Me, Mr. Locke.
62| You're My Jeep Boy
63| I'm 50 Shades of Fucked-Up
64| Rosé Means You're a Part of the Family
65| I'm Better Than You, Logan Pierce
Epilogue Part One
Epilogue Part Two
Epilogue Part Three
1 Year Anniversary - Thank you🤍
CHAPTER 59 EXTENDED: Prom Night

59| You Complete Me, Pierce

49.1K 1.2K 3K
By brynnbunker

59| You Complete Me, Pierce

"TRUST me, you guys won't regret getting a ride from one of the world-renowned Grigio's," Sebastian said from behind the wheel of his car. And his car was... very interesting to say the least. It was a 1956 BMW Isetta as Sebastian had informed me. To say it was cramped would be the understatement of the year. Not to mention, the car was bright red. There was one thing slightly impressive about the car and that was the fact that they were super old and rare. Not to mention, super expensive to purchase since they were vintage. I wondered which one of Sebastian's parents' jobs could have afforded this...

"So, kids," Sebastian started, turning down the volume of the radio in his car (which only had AM and PM radio capabilities). "Where are we off to this fine night? Leaving prom early and all..."

"Just headed downtown, Sebastian," I said for the billionth time, looking at Logan and chuckling a bit. "I didn't know you were going to prom. Who did you go with?"

"Oh, I didn't actually go to prom. I was just waiting outside the venue for the first couple of the night to leave in need of a ride," Sebastian said. "Looks like it was you two..." And then he made a cat noise. I cringed.

Logan nervously laughed. "Yeah, well... here we are, I guess."

"Anywhere specific you kids need me to drop you off at?" Sebastian asked. "Perhaps a restaurant... a hotel?" Sebastian nudged my arm with his elbow.

"Uh, nope. Just downtown," I answered.

"Perhaps some Pinot Grigio to set the mood?" Sebastian offered.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "You have wine with you?"

"Oh no," Sebastian said. "I was talking about my sister."

Just then, Sebastian's sister Pinot emerged from the very back seat, making Logan scream and hold onto her heart. I covered my mouth and held back my amusement, although Logan could tell just how funny I thought it was. She glared at me.

"I think we're good, man," I said to Sebastian. "Here's perfect."

Sebastian pulled the car over and stopped it. I quickly got out of the car and helped Logan out as well as Sebastian continued trying to talk to us.

"Have fun kids! Not too much fun! Are you sure you don't want to set the mood-"

I quickly muttered thanks to Sebastian before shutting the car door and grabbing Logan's hand, leading her down the streets. Thankfully, Sebastian's car pulled away and went in the opposite direction of us. We were officially in the clear. I made eye contact with Logan as we walked and we both started laughing.

"That was definitely an interesting car ride," she said, facing forward.

"You're telling me," I said.

"So what's your plan, Locke?"

I shrugged. "I guess you'll just have to stick around with me to find out."

I lead Logan throughout Downtown Columbus which, for the most part, was pretty vacant. The streets had a few cars here and there and the restaurants were still crowded, but nearly no one was strolling down the sidewalks at this point. It was perfect, though. Except for the fact that every time we passed someone they would give us a weird look for being dressed up in our prom attire. It was probably the least casual thing we could've been wearing.

I knew exactly where I was taking Logan. Her night had been damaged by Genevieve's need to be the biggest bitch on the planet, but that didn't mean that it had to be completely ruined. I was going to make this prom night amazing even if we weren't actually at the dance. I needed tonight to be amazing for Logan. She didn't deserve to feel so shitty about everything. She deserved the world and I would give it to her if I could.

Logan and I walked down to the same spot I had taken her during the Christmas festival. The spot by the water that once had a giant Christmas tree. The tree was now gone, but the fairy lights surrounding the area were still there. It was still the perfect place by the water to be with Logan tonight and I knew exactly what I was doing.

"I remember the last time we were here," she said when we stopped walking, Logan facing out towards the water.

"Just as magical, I hope," I said.

"Just as magical."

I smiled to myself and pulled out my phone, opening up to Spotify. Yeah, your boy was really about to play music on his phone. I immediately clicked on One Direction's If I Could Fly and turned the volume up, setting my phone down on the concrete steps. I held my hand out towards Logan and she looked at me with her eyebrows raised.

"Oh my god, you're so cheesy," Logan said.

"Well, we never got to have our slow dance at prom. So we might as well have it now," I said, still with my hand reached out towards her. "What do you say, my queen? May I have this dance?"

Logan rolled her eyes and took my hand. "Of course, my king."

I smiled and pulled her in towards me, wrapping my arms around her waist while her arms moved up and around my neck. We swayed to the song and nothing was more perfect than this moment right here. Logan in my arms as we danced at my favorite spot. As cheesy as it was, I knew I would've rather been here with her than at prom any day.

I twirled her out for a moment before bringing her right back into me. Her eyes met mine and she just shook her head at me. I felt her thumbs tracing the back of my neck and got butterflies just because of it. "You really are perfect. Aren't you?" She said.

"Me? Perfect? Pssh... No way," I said. "I mean, I am pretty close, though."

"You're so humble, too. I wish other people could be as humble as you," she teased.

"Gosh, I know right."

I smiled down at her, pulling her in closer towards me. Being near her was everything I could have ever asked for. Any time I was with her I felt like I was on top of the world. The way she made me feel was beyond me.

"You're beautiful," I whispered. Logan blushed and I knew just how much she hated blushing. But I loved it. "And red... red is definitely your color."

"Oh shut up," Logan said.

"I was talking about the dress, you know?" I said. "But believe me, I don't mind the blushing, either."

"I hate you," Logan muttered, not once looking away from me. "But I also love you."

"And I love you, too. I don't know if you understand just how much I love you," I said.

"So tell me," Logan said. "Tell me just how much you love me."

"You know why I picked this song?" I asked. "Because when I'm without you, I'm not nearly the same as when I'm with you. Because when I'm with you, I shine in your eyes. It's always because of you. I'm not perfect. I have issues, too. But when I'm with you... I'm not afraid of anything. I'm not afraid of letting my guard down. And you're not afraid of letting yours down either. That's how I know that this is real."

She stayed silent and the song slowly faded out. I reached my hand up to touch the side of Logan's face, looking into her eyes.

"You complete me, Pierce. Your heart is mine and when you're gone... I'm only half a heart," I said. "And that is just how much I love you."

Logan reached her own hand up to touch mine that was placed on her face. She ran her thumb along the top of my hand and smiled. "I love you," she breathed out. "Would you just kiss me already?"

With no hesitation, I moved forward to press my lips against hers. It wasn't as gentle as it had been earlier. It was hungry and desperate like we needed to kiss each other if it was the last thing we did. We breathlessly pulled away keeping our foreheads pressed up against each other.

"I think we need to get out of here," I said.

"And where exactly are we gonna go?" Logan asked.

"You'll love it. Don't worry," I said, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead before pulling away.

✯ ✯ ✯

My family owned a rather large condo just 30 minutes outside of Columbus. It had been my plan to take Logan there regardless of how tonight went. But now I was even more determined to bring her there in order to make her night better and hopefully help her forget about her sister. I also wanted this night to be perfect. Or, as perfect as I could make it.

I had called us a cab to take us to the condo, still keeping it a secret from Logan as to where we were going. The entire ride to the condo, Logan had laid with her head rested on my shoulder, our hands interlocked and resting on my right thigh. When we finally pulled up to the condo building, I paid the man before getting out of the car, helping Logan out. She was still carrying her heels, refusing to put them on because of how uncomfortable they were. Apparently, wearing them was Porkchop's idea. Of course it was.

I held onto Logan's hand as I led her through the lobby of the building and towards the elevator, pressing the up button.

"Let me guess. You have a condo here," Logan said and I smiled down at her.

"You're a good guesser," I said.

The elevator arrived and the doors opened. I pulled Logan inside, pressing the button for the penthouse suite and watching the doors close. Once they closed, I smirked at Logan and couldn't resist myself. I pushed her up against the elevator hungrily kissing her. I nibbled lightly at her bottom lip, causing a small moan to escape her mouth as she wrapped her hands in my hair to deepen the kiss.

The ding went off and I pulled away right as the doors were opening, smiling as I tugged Logan into the penthouse. "You're a tease," Logan muttered from behind me and I just chuckled. I watched as she slowly walked around the giant suite, taking in every feature. "You seriously have a penthouse?"

"I seriously do," I said, smiling at her.

The floors of the penthouse suite were marble and the room opened directly up into the kitchen, which was huge. The countertops were marble, as well and the walls were painted a light grey color. There was a large entertaining area with a huge black sofa and a giant TV. The bedroom was off to the right as well as the bathroom, but Logan's attention was immediately focused on the balcony.

"Wow," Logan said, looking out of the floor-to-ceiling windows at the large balcony.

I walked beside her, grabbing her hands and spinning her to face me. I leaned forward and planted a small kiss on her lips. "I have a change of clothes for you in the bedroom," I said.

"You were planning this?" She asked and I nodded. "Wow. You really are perfect."

"I know," I joked. "I'd like to get out of this suit and I'm sure you'd like to get out of that dress. The bedroom is the first door on your right. I'll meet you on the balcony after?"

Logan smiled and leaned forward to kiss me quickly. "Okay," she agreed before heading off towards the bedroom. I smiled to myself and walked over towards the second bedroom in the suite where my own change of clothes was.

I shut the bedroom door behind me, leaning with my back against the door and grinning. "You're the man, Noah. You're the man," I muttered to myself. I was mentally giving myself a pep-talk. I was going to make this night perfect and I knew it.

I changed out of my suit and into a black t-shirt and some shorts. Leaving the room, I could see that Logan was already standing outside on the balcony. She was wearing the oversized t-shirt I had given her to wear and she was leaning forward onto the railing. I felt my heart start to flutter just seeing her out there waiting for me. How was it possible that someone could make you feel so indescribable?

There was one thing I knew for sure and it was that love was the most powerful drug in the world. When you're in love, it's undeniable. And once you start to feel it, you really feel it. The feeling of being in love could make you addicted so quickly. It's as if the world stops. Everything else fades away; every sensation, every feeling, every emotion. It all fades out and everything becomes new again. It changes things in an instant, but in the best way possible. I knew that I loved Logan.

I wanted to tell it to the world that I was in love with Logan Pierce and I would always be in love with her. Every morning I woke up remembering that I was in love, feeling as light as a feather. As if nothing could turn my day bad. Even when Logan was angry or sad or upset with me, I still loved her and nothing could change that. I craved her presence, to be near her.

My life had never been too hard and I didn't have that many scars, but still, I knew that Logan had changed my life forever. She was undoubtedly the type of person that only came around once in a lifetime. I would take any moment I could get with her.

I sucked in a deep breath before heading towards the double-doors, opening them and going out to the balcony. Logan stayed where she was and I walked over to her, wrapping my arms around her and kissing her cheek. My head rested on her shoulder and I could sense her smile.

"Pierce," I mumbled into her neck, planting small kisses all the way up to her jaw.

"You're killing me," she muttered.

"I know. I can feel your pulse, you know," I said, smirking. Logan spun around to face me and I kept my arms wrapped around her waist.

"Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me," I said.

"But I want to," Logan said. "Thank you for everything. For sticking around through my crazy moments and all. And for making tonight amazing."

"I couldn't leave you if I tried," I muttered.

"Even if you might want to sometimes..." Logan drawled.

I shook my head and lifted my hand up, moving a strand of hair behind her ear. I was mesmerized by her beauty. I couldn't look away from her bright eyes. "I've never wanted to leave you, Logan. Not once."

"Not even when I told my parents that we weren't going to last?" She asked, cracking a smile.

I smiled, too. "Not even then. Even though that was a serious bitch move."

Logan sighed. "Yeah, I know. I was a total bitch. Sometimes I still am."

"You're not."

"I am," she said, shaking her head. "You are... the most perfect person I've ever met, Noah. You've been patient with me, you've... showed me the most love in the entire world and I don't even remotely deserve it."

"You deserve the world," I whispered, lacing our hands together.

"You've helped me realize everything about my life that I was unsure about. Everything just becomes so much clearer when you're around. Like you know exactly what to say and how to say it perfectly. How do you do that?" Logan asked, shaking her head at me.

I smiled before leaning forward, pressing our foreheads together, eyes closed, and our lips hovering inches away from each other. "Maybe because I'm a God at psychology."

Logan scoffed and lightly pushed me away. "You did not just say that."

I shrugged. "I may have said it."

"You totally just ruined the moment," she said, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Come on."

"I'm serious. The moment is completely ruined."

"I bet I can make up for it," I said, reaching forward and cupping Logan's chin in my hand, letting my lips fall down to her neck. Her head tilted away, allowing my lips easier access to her neck. I smirked on her skin. "Is the moment still ruined?"

"Yes."

I grinned and kept my lips moving along her neck. I moved to where her neck met her shoulder and gently sucked, nibbling a bit before releasing. Looking up at Logan, she was turned away from me. But even in the darkness, I could sense her blush.

"How about now?" I asked.

"Y-yes," she stuttered, her voice shaky. I knew exactly how I was making her feel. She could keep denying it all she wanted, but I knew the truth.

I chuckled a bit before moving my lips to gently press against hers, but not enough to satisfy her. I pulled away and smirked at her while she glared at me.

"I'm sorry, I just don't feel comfortable kissing you now that you say I've ruined the moment," I joked.

Logan rolled her eyes. "You're such a tease."

In an instant, Logan's arms were wrapped around my neck and her lips crashed onto mine. Yeah, I had definitely done a good job making her want me. Our lips moved perfectly in sync as I reached down, letting Logan wrap her legs around me as I carried her inside the penthouse suite. Not once breaking the kiss, I gently set Logan down on the bed in the master room of the suite. Logan smiled as she sat up, helping me lift off my shirt before I leaned down to continue the kiss.

"Do you want to stop?" I asked as she pulled away, her hand pressing up onto my bare chest.

Logan smiled. "No," she said. "I think I may have just figured it out."

"Figured what out?"

"My dream," Logan said.

"And what's that?" I asked.

"We'll talk later," was all she said, still smiling at me.

I smiled back before leaning down, kissing her again. It didn't matter to me where our intimacy would end up taking us. It only mattered to me that tonight, Logan and I were here together and right now, the moment was beyond perfect.

We hadn't even needed any Pinot Grigio to set the mood.

✯ ✯ ✯

NO ONE CAN TELL ME OTHERWISE: THEY ARE PERFECT TOGETHER.

Finally, after all of the drama, we get a break. A cuteness break. Like, damn. We needed this moment. We got a slow dance at the spot where they kissed during a Christmas time. We got a cute little condo moment. We got it all, folks. They. Are. Perfect.

I don't think I made up their ship name ever. Omg, who am I? Someone needs to make a ship name. I love them UGH.

Okay. While this was a nice break from drama... we will jump straight back into it next chapter. Prepare yourselves.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.4K 1.7K 81
Good grades, affluence, and opportunities, Sophia Parrish has everything a 17-year old girl could possibly want. That is, until a summer vacation wit...
51.5K 1.9K 44
Ellie Reed is not just your average teenage girl. She is popular because of her twin brother, Elliot. Also, the fact that she is almost friends with...
2.3M 40.9K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...
472K 9.1K 51
She made a promise. One that she didn't realize would be so hard to keep. ...