Flaming ↬ [Todoroki Shoto x R...

Od todorokishoto4869

You have a fire quirk, the exact same as Shoto's. How will he react when he first sees you? What will you say... Více

Chapter 1: First Day of School & Quirk Assessment
Chapter 2
Chapter 3: Battle of Trials!
Chapter 4: USJ Battle
Chapter 5: USJ Battle (Part 2)
Chapter 6: Sports Festival (Race)
Chapter 7: Sports Festival (Cavalry Battle)
Chapter 8: Sports Festival (One vs. One)
Chapter 9: Coaching Starts!
Chapter 10: Hero Names!
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14: Written Exam
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 12: Internships

24.6K 709 2.8K
Od todorokishoto4869

"Mom, I'm just going to have a glass of milk for breakfast!" I tell her. "I should be fine, but I don't want to risk running late for my internship with Endeavour."

"But will that be enough? Here I'll put a slice of toast in an extra lunch box so you can eat on the train," she says. "You're probably going to have a long day today, can't skip the most important meal!"

That was a thing my mom says often. 'Breakfasts are the most important meal of the day.' she would say. 'Many people think that dinner is, but really, its breakfast. Breakfast starts your day, it makes sure you stay energized,' I'm often put in situations that make me skip it, but my mom will almost never let me. Because of her, this habit will probably stick to me even when I'm older.

"Okay, thanks a lot Mom," I say, "Love you!"

"Okay, I'll see you tonight!" she calls out to me.

"Yeah," I say, "Make sure you have a warm huge dinner ready for me once I get back!"

She laughs. "I will,"

I laugh back and run out the door. I'm heading to my internship with Endeavour and I'm feeling absolutely terrified. Not because it's Endeavour and I'm already scared of his hellish training. Not because it's Endeavour's Agency I'm going to this time and not Todoroki's house. But because I'm 110% sure that Shoto will be there too and I haven't been able to think of one good excuse to be there yet. 'What will he think if he finds me there even after I know about his childhood? Would he think I'm heartless and I don't care about what happened to him? Would he think I still like Endeavour?' I think. 'Yeah, he would. He definitely would. I need an excuse...'

I get off 4 or 5 stations later and start walking to Endeavour's Agency. And I still don't have an excuse. I sigh. What do I do...

Okay, this is actually bad. I'm at Endeavour's agency and I don't have an excuse. 'Well RIP me! Nothing I can do now!' I think. and walk into the building with strides filled with confidence.

'It's okay, (Y/n) you may just be overthinking things, Shoto might not even be there!' I think and see an elevator about to close.

"Please wait! I'm getting on too!" I call out and run towards the elevator. Shoto is inside the Elevator. "Uh, actually I may not need to get on..."

"Hey."

"Yes," I say with my head lowered as Shoto pulled me into the elevator. 'He sounds mad...' I think, 'I guess it's only natural...'

"You came here too?" he asks.

"Yeah,"

"That's really cool, I'll get to work with you for the whole week," he says.

"WHAT?"

"Yes?"

"You're not mad?" I say in pure confusion and my head flicks up.

"Why would I be mad at you?"

"Because you think I'm heartless for coming here even though I know about your childhood and you think I still like Endeavour after actually knowing him and and and..." I say.

"I mean I was really surprised when I saw you just now but I was more worried about you than I was mad. I guess it's only natural Dad would want you at his internship. You have the same quirk as him and your performance was incredible at the sports festival,"

"Thank you..." I say, "Worried? About what?"

"About you having to train so much. His training is hellish. I'm used to it, but I don't want you to have to go through that too," he says, "To be honest, my body may be getting numb. I haven't been training with him since the Sports Festival. Oh, but that's a secret, okay? I think he forgot about my training, so I don't need anyone reminding him,"

I'm so happy but at the same time, it makes me want to work harder for him. I really need to make sure he doesn't find out about any of my training with Endeavour or my plan. Especially not my plan.

We walk into his office and he gets up to talk to us.

"Okay, you're both here," he says.

"Hello, (L/n) (Y/n). It's nice to meet you, I'll be working with you for this whole week," Endeavour says as if we've never met. I'm super thankful, I asked him to make it seem like it's our first time meeting in front of Shoto beforehand.

"Hello, Endeavour. Thank you so much for giving me an offer. It's really an honour," I say.

We both change into our hero costumes and start to patrol around Hosu city.

"Hey (Y/n)," he says, "I always wanted to ask you but... uh, why does your sports uniform never burn up?"

"That's true, yours does right?" I laugh, "I ordered mine to be fireproof. All my clothes are fireproof so I don't strip naked every time I use it,"

"You can do that?" he asks, "I should've ordered mine that way too..."

I do a few arm-stretches in the air and Shoto spots the scar on my left arm.

"What's that?!" he asks in surprise.

"Oh, this?" I ask and pull up my sleeve, showing my full scar that goes the length of my whole forearm. I can see him frown from the corner of my eye.

"I'm sort of weird so my quirk manifested when I was born instead of when I was 3 or 4. The first time my quirk activated was on this arm and it left a really bad scar," I say and then I pause for a few seconds debating if I should continue. I haven't told anyone, not even my parents and yet I felt like telling him, "There was one time when my scar started to bleed from overwork. I go to the doctor for a monthly checkup but they don't really know what's actually wrong with it. Speaking of which, my checkup is coming up. It's on the day after the practical exam."

Shoto is frozen. I can tell he doesn't know what he should say.

"I'm fine right now, it doesn't hurt or anything," I say, "Don't make such a worried face,"

He smiles back, "Okay if you say so,"

I have to look away. He shouldn't be allowed to smile, he looks too good. "Oh, and I would appreciate if you don't tell anyone about what happens when I overwork. Honestly, I haven't even told my parents," I say sheepishly.

"Shouldn't you though?" He asks, really concerned.

"Y-yeah, my doctor keeps telling me to, but I don't want to put any more stress on my mom. She spends half her life worrying about me already..." I say.

"That must be nice," he says, "to have such nice parents."

I was about to deny it and tell him to forget about it but instead, I say; "Yeah. I'm really lucky," and smile.

Todoroki POV

I see her smile and it warms up my insides. I like her a lot. I like her so much. And I decide to confess. I decide that this is the right moment to confess.

"(Y/n), would you listen to what I have to say?"

"Yeah of course," she says. "What is it?"

"(Y/n), I like you. I like you a lot. Will you please be my girlfriend?" I ask and I feel my face flush red.

She blushes too and I can tell she's flustered. Then her phone rings.

"Oh, go ahead," I tell her.

"Thank you," she says and picks up the call. In a split second, all the colour in her face drains out.

"Endeavour, I'm sorry during an internship, but would you please excuse me?" she says, her face looking dead, "I'll be back as soon as possible,"

I think my Dad notices that something is up and he lets her go. "Okay, give me a call if you need any help," he says.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Nothing, it's completely fine. Don't worry," she says with a smile. But I've known her enough, I've watched her enough to be able to tell that that was a forced smile. But if she, the happiest person I know, is forcing a smile, I have to let it go.

I try to run after her, but my phone buzzes. "Midoriya?" I mumble out loud. 'Is this where she went?' I wonder and decide to go to the location. "Once you're done dealing with the villains and patrolling, please come to this alleyway," I say and send him the location too.

'What happened to (Y/n)? Is this really just it? I doubt it, but this is the closest thing to what I can find right now,' I think. 'Damn, I'm not able to do anything for her,'

(Y/n) POV

The person on the other side of my call only said a few things. I didn't know the number, but I picked it up anyways. I didn't have a chance to say anything back, but I heard enough.

"Hello? Is this (Y/n) (L/n) I'm talking to? From UA? Well, I hope it is. Anyways, I have your mother and I think you should come to the address I send you if you want to save her. By the way, I'm a villain." he said, "I'm a villain that found your quirk, very intriguing."

I get a location sent from 'unknown' (A/N Mystic Messenger anyone?)

It's a small alleyway and it's pretty hard to find but I run full speed. My phone buzzes again and I stop to look at it. Unknown has sent me something

Unknown has sent me a picture

Unknown has sent me a picture of my mom tied up, blindfolded, and covered in blood. Most likely her blood.

I don't think I've ever run faster. After about a minute, I reach the location.

"MOM!" I yell.

"(Y/n)? Why are you here? Why did you come?" she says, not looking up because she can't see from the blindfold anyways.

"I'm here to save you," I say.

"What do I have to do?" I ask the villain. He's filled with stitches and he has bright blue eyes.

He lights up his arm with blue flames. "As you can see, I have a fire quirk as well. I've taken an immense liking to your quirk and I would like you to join me. Become a villain. I've become even more interested ever since I found out you've been training with Endeavour,"

"How did you know?" I ask in pure shock.

"Oh come on, us villains do a lot of research, you know? Way more than you darn heroes think," he says, "Not to mention, Endeavour is my father after all."

"You're Shoto's brother?!" I ask.

"Oh, you know Shoto too? That's incredible. Incredibly useful," he says and takes out his phone and does something, "And enough talking, are you coming or not?"

"Don't (Y/n), don't!" my mom calls out.

"What will you do to my mom if I refuse?" I ask.

"Hmm," he says, "I'll kill her,"

I gulp.

"(Y/n), don't! You've worked towards becoming a hero for all your life! Don't throw it away because of me," she says. "If you do it for me, I'll never be able to forgive myself,"

I slowly move in until I'm right in front of her. I make sure she's behind me and the villain is in front of me. He looks super strong, but I'm going to protect both my mom and my future. Yeah, I'm greedy. I'm not taking sides. I want both, I want all.

"I'M NOT BECOMING A VILLAIN," I yell, as loud as I can, probably to give myself as much mental strength as possible. I get into a fighting stance and face the villain.

His face turns into a frown. "Are you really sure about that?"

"YES!" I say. 'How can I take my mom and r--' I think but I'm cut off. I'm cut off by the sound of blood splattering. The weight of my mom against my back. And the last whispers my mom tells me, "I wish... I was able to see you grow up," she says her voice so faint I have to strain my ears to hear her. "These days, you looked so happy, you looked like you were in love. I wanted to see you happy for a little bit longer. Do me one favour, (Y/n). Stay happy, for me. Oh and (Y/n)? Your father and I knew about the problem with your scar. You tend to keep important things to yourself so I asked the doctor. From now on, don't try to keep it in. Be independent, but ask for help when you need it. You can rely on people more, (Y/n). Be happ--" and that's the last thing I hear from my mom.

At that moment, many feelings fell upon me. I couldn't hear anything around me. I felt nothing inside of me.

I felt like half my body dispersed. I felt like half my heart had stopped working. But the tears don't come. I don't have the right to cry. I don't have the right to grief.

I hear a voice saying my name really softly. It's Shoto's.

Todoroki POV

I got a text from an unknown number and a picture of (Y/n) and I ran here as fast as possible, but I didn't make it. I wasn't able to help her in a single way.

Her mom is covered in blood and most likely dead. I couldn't do anything. Not one single thing. But she's not crying. Her face is showing shock and I can tell that she feels responsible. I don't know what to say to her. I can't say anything to her.

Soon after, the villain leaves, the pro heroes arrive and (Y/n) finally stands up from her mom's side.

The ambulance takes her body and (Y/n) walks past me. Then she turns back and says with a voice that sounds empty, "Shoto, do you mind if I give you your reply a little later?"

"Yeah," I say. 'Is that all I can say? Am I that pathetic? Talking to her about a confession a few minutes after her mom passed away?'

"Thanks. I appreciate it," she says and walks on.

I regret letting her walk past me later on. The next time I see her is in about 2 weeks.

(Y/n) POV

I go home. I just go home. I call dad, and I wait for him at home.

He knocks on the door in about half an hour and I open it.

The first thing I get is a slap right across my face. I guess it's only natural. He just lost his wife because of his stupid kid.

At that moment, I thought that that slap hurt pretty badly, but I was naive. I was naive about everything. I thought that living life was easy. That it was fun.

Things escalated quickly. It got worse every day. It went from slaps to hits. From hits to kicks. From kicks to throwing things. From throwing things to a drunk angry.

This continued for a good 2 weeks. The whole week through internships and 1 week of school that I missed.

And even through all of this, I can't remember one time I've shed a tear so far.

(A/N Thank you for reading this chapter. Writing this chapter was really depressing, I really like (Y/n)'s mom that I built up. This chapter was pretty long, 2654 words. Thank you so much for reading it to the end. I hope you enjoyed it or found it interesting and I hope to see you next chapter! PLUS ULTRA!!!)

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

64.9K 4.6K 60
MOST NOTABLE RANKINGS SO FAR: #1 in Todoroki #1 in Shoto #3 in mha #2 in Shouto Todoroki #12 in anime "Your job...is to make him likable." Amidst a...
130K 3.2K 16
DISCONTINUED In a universe where each person is born knowing an original melody, a song that no one else knows but their soulmate. Y/N L/N is a girl...
88.4K 2.8K 19
(Y/n) has been born with a weak body and has been childhood friends with Todoroki. They help each other up and they seem perfect together, but deep i...
357 4 37
This is a continuation of Blossoms of the Dark. Not a new story, but it progresses the story after Chapter 195. Chapter 196 and future chapters will...