The Rampant Bond

By keyleehargis

After the sectors being demolished under the reign of Queen Scarlett and King Christian, Katherine Heights wa... More

Before You Read
Chapter One|| A little freedom never hurt nobody
Chapter Two|| Shelter
Chapter Three|| Curious
Chapter Four|| And thus they meet
Chapter Five|| What to do
Chapter Six|| Mates
Chapter Seven|| Moving In
Chapter Eight|| Stacy
Chapter Nine|| Just Friends
Chapter Ten|| Full Moons
Chapter Eleven|| I'm Sorry
Chapter Twelve|| Picking Sides
Chapter Thirteen|| Rudeness
Chapter Fourteen|| Whisper of lies
Chapter Fifteen|| Regret
Chapter Sixteen|| Mom's Guidance
Chapter Seventeen|| Talks
Chapter Eighteen|| Date Night
Chapter Nineteen|| Mommy & Daddy
Chapter Twenty|| The Marking
Chapter Twenty One|| Unknown Callers
Chapter Twenty Two|| Sneaky Plans
Chapter Twenty-Three|| Notes
Chapter Twenty-Four|| Mad Alphas
Chapter Twenty-Five|| Missing friends
Chapter Twenty-Six|| What to do
Chapter Twenty-Seven|| By the sea
Chapter Twenty-Eight|| Need a getaway
Chapter Twenty-Nine|| New Jersey
Chapter Thirty|| Tag
Chapter Thirty-One|| Breakdowns
Chapter Thirty-Two|| Plans
Chapter Thirty-Three|| Aftermath
Chapter Thirty-Four|| Preparing
Chapter Thirty-Five|| Heat
Chapter Thirty-Seven|| Trying
Thirty-Eight|| Positive
Chapter Thirty-Nine|| News
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty-Six|| The day after

23.2K 1.1K 32
By keyleehargis

{Katherine's POV}

The next morning I woke up with arms wrapped around me tightly. A smile instantly crossed my face as I slowly turned, trying not the wake the beautiful, sleeping man next to me.

Adrian laid there peacefully as I took his appearance him. His hair was a mess and he looked worn out. That makes two of us.

Without realizing, my hand trailed down his cheek and his eyes fluttered open seconds later. A grin crosses his face as he grabbed my wondering hand and brought it to his lips placing a kiss upon it.

"Good morning, beautiful." his husky voice drifted through my ears, warming me.

"Morning, handsome."

He let out a groan before turning and laying on his back to look at the clock next to him. "We slept in late," he stated.

"Could you blame us?" I joked and his head turned giving me a mischievous look.

"Not at all." I squealed as he charged at me in a flash, knocking me onto my back as he hovered over me.

"I say we stay in bed a little longer." he tempted and I rolled my eyes giving him a playful shove.

"Are you not satisfied for the time being?" I teased and he cocked an eyebrow.

"Are you kidding me? I don't think I ever want to let you leave bed now."

"Adrian!"

"I'm just being honest!" he grinned and leaned down placing a kiss on my lips.

He went to trail downwards but I grabbed the sides of his cheeks pulling him back up. "I think we need breakfast."

"I think you already know I could eat." I playfully smacked him causing him to belch out a laugh as he rolled to the side of me.

I stood, yanking the sheet off the bed and wrapping it around me. "I'm going to take a quick shower."

"Can I join?" he asked as I walked towards the bathroom and I turned to look at him and his classic smirk.

"No funny business," I warned and he let out a husky chuckle, standing up making his way to me.

"No funny business." he agreed but I knew that was a straight lie.

***

After a long, long shower later we finally went downstairs and cooked breakfast together. Apparently, I sucked at making omelets so he manned those while I fried the bacon.

Ivy wouldn't be back until lunch so we had plenty of time to ourselves. As we laughed and goofed around, I couldn't think about being happier. He was so amazing. Last night was...mind-blowing. I could still feel his hands roaming my body and his hungry kisses. I loved it all.

I haven't been this happy in a long time. I've always run from this: commitment. I didn't think I'd ever be able to settle down because I always feared the future. With Adrian, everything just felt so right. I guess that's how it is with your soulmate.

Everything about me was different now. I was marked, mated, and completely in love. I could see me starting a family with him and have little children running around and just being completely content with my life.

For once in my life, I didn't want to run. It was a weird feeling and it was silly to think I ever used to be so scared like I had been.

"Kate,"

I quickly looked at Adrian as his voice brought me from my thoughts. "Yeah?"

"You zoned out there for a minute. I was asking if you'd pass the butter." I nodded handing it to him with a sheepish smile on my lips.

"Sorry, I was just thinking about us."

"Yeah? Good thoughts I hope."

"Only the best. I'm just...so happy." I stated and saw him push the pan off the burner.

He walked over to me, pulling me to him. His eyes never left mine as he just stared at me, causing my cheeks to heat us. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I giggled, looking away.

"What? I can't look at how beautiful my mate is? To be honest, the exact thought that actually just crossed my mind was 'damn, how lucky am I' because...I'm complete, madly in love with you Katherine Heights and I'd have it no other way." his words warmed my heart.

"I love you too."

"I know," he replied with a soft smile as he placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Can I admit something?" he asked and I gave him a confused look.

"Of course?"

"I can't wait for you to bear my pups. Honestly, the quicker I can get you knocked up, the better." he mused and I couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"What if I don't want to be pregnant right now?" I mused and he raised a brow.

"Do you not want to be? I can always wait, no pressure."

"No, I do." I giggled and he chuckled.

"Thought so."

"But what about me becoming luna? Don't I have to be luna first?"

"Not really, but technically you're already considered their luna since we mated, but we can still do the ritual to accept you as luna and into the pack at once. It can be stressful, but you'll be fine."

"I can take it."

"That's my girl." He grinned.

Okay, this is happening. He wants to start trying for a kid and wants me to be luna.

I'm fine.

Everything's fine.

"Let's eat, I'm starved. We can discuss this later," he spoke picking up our plates and I nodded, smiling.

***

"He wants to start trying?!" Stephanie squealed and I grinned nodding as we sat on her couch.

Adrian wanted to take Ivy out just him and her so I told him I would just come chill with Stephanie for the afternoon. I think he wanted to try and talk to Ivy about some stuff with us, but I knew that was going to be a challenge explaining life-changing plans to a kid.

"O M G! That is so exciting. Ugh! I'm so jealous of you!" she stated and I let out a giggle.

"I know! I just...I'm so ready for this and he is too! You should have seen his face this morning, he just looked so happy."

"Duh, Katherine! You're his whole world, girl! He's completely smitten with you just as you are with him. I cannot wait for little Katherines and Adrians to be running around. You better let me babysit them! Ivy is only going to be little for so long." she countered and I laughed, shaking my head.

"Of course you can watch them. I wouldn't trust them with anyone else." I winked.

"Better." she pointed her finger at me.

"Girl, what if you get pregnant like in a few weeks?!"

"I honestly don't know. I'll be happy with whatever."

"You need to go see your doctor and see when the best time would be to try."

"Already ahead of you " I mused. "I called before I came over here. She is gonna do some test and stuff to make sure everything looks good and will be good futuristic wise."

"That's good. Goddess! I'm so happy for you Katherine! And I'm just glad that I'll no longer have to wake up with you on my couch from running from some date."

"Hey!" I whined and she snorted.

"I'm just saying...It's good to see you leave behind old habits."

"Tell me about it."

"I love you, Kate and I'm so excited for you."

"Thanks, Steph, I love you too!"

"Oh, bring it in!" she said and I giggled launching myself into her arms as we fell backwards onto the couch in a fit of laughter just like the old days.

Goddess, I was so happy.

______________________________

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6M 153K 38
-COMPLETED- Audrey Allen had lived her entire life in the Dark Root pack, and every minute of it had been dreadful. Well, perhaps not every minute of...
401K 14.7K 48
*contains mature content* "Your mate was the last piece to the puzzle. I sent my men there to kill her while you were busy fighting with the alphas...
169K 3.4K 26
Wait he kissed me. What the hell was this? Who was this? And why did it feel so great? It took all my strength to push this guy off of me. He really...
3.9M 172K 49
Book three in 'The Bond Series' This book is Ryker and his mate's perspective of the war and past that:) ---------------------------- In a time of u...