His Only x. Lucifer Morningst...

By lgbthczier

Lucifer didn't fall in love, never. He was the Devil for crying out loud! But that changed moment ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ walk... More

cast.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
an
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
AUTHORS NOTE
22.
23.
24.
AN
25.
26.

6.

18.1K 460 121
By lgbthczier

6: the date

☆☆

"Holy shit," Delilah breathed out, taking in the appearance of Lux. The lighting was dim, as it normally was, and a soft melody played through hidden speakers. Delilah recognized it as Slow Dancing in the Dark by Joji.

"I hope you don't mind the music choice. I had limited time to prepare a set so I found one on Spotify," Lucifer said, placing a hand on the small of Delilah's back to push her into the penthouse.

"I actually really like this song," Delilah told him, spinning around to face him. "So like, you just live here? This is your home."

"Why yes, dear. Of course," Lucifer said nonchalantly.

"My apartment only had one bedroom when I moved in. We had to turn a closet into a bedroom," Delilah joked, taking in the room once more.

This time, she noticed a table set out on the balcony covered by a black table cloth. Two chairs sat on either side with a vase containing one single orchid in it.

"Normally I'd go with a rose but I noticed the flower in your office."

Delilah was shocked at the effort he had put into this dinner. Maybe it truly did mean something to him.

No, it couldn't have. She was just another girl he was trying to woo over.

"Shall we, love?" Lucifer asked, moving towards the table.

Delilah followed slowly, eyes widening at the view he had. It was a beautiful sunset in Los Angeles and he had set the date to happen just as the sun began to dip below the horizon. "This is...beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you, my dear."

Her cheeks blushed once again and she wondered how many times they were going to do that tonight.

Lucifer pulled out the chair for Delilah, to which she accepted, and pushed her in before taking his own seat.

"I remember you told me you don't drink alcohol so I switched out the wine for some sparkling cider," Lucifer told Delilah, pulling out the bottle lodged in the ice.

"I really appreciate that, Lucifer," Delilah thanked him, a grateful smile plastered on her face.

Lucifer took the silver tops off of the trays, revealing perfectly cooked steak paired with garlic, hasselback potatoes and a buttered croissant.

"Lucifer, this looks amazing," Delilah breathed out, taking in the scent of the food. "Did you make this yourself?"

"Of course I did, love. Why wouldn't I?"

"I didn't take you as a cooking your own dinner person," Delilah joked.

Lucifer poured the two of them a glass of cider. "I do enjoy cooking, Delilah. I've had plenty of time to perfect recipes."

"By the way, what's up with the name Lucifer Morningstar? Your parents enjoy the irony?" Delilah joked before grabbing the utensils and digging into her food.

"Quite so, dear. So much in fact that he kicked he banned his favorite son out of Heaven. That son being me."

"So you're the Devil?" Delilah asked, chuckling.

"Yes I am, Delilah. Do you not believe me?" Lucifer said with a smug grin.

Delilah was sure he couldn't be the Devil. She was a strong atheist and believed in science. I mean, she did have degrees in biology and chemistry. But there was something about the way Lucifer spoke of being the devil that had a truth to it.

No, it's impossible.

"I'm an atheist, Lucifer. So, sorry, I don't," Delilah joked.

"Believe what you want, dear."

The two of them continued to eat, Lucifer asking her questions about college, work, her personal life, etc. Delilah didn't care to answer his questions, if anything, it made her a little happy that he cared so much about her and wanted to learn more.

"What are your hobbies, love?" Lucifer asked Delilah. By then, their food was eaten and they had just been sitting on his balcony, talking with the other.

"My hobbies? I draw sometimes. I like to bake occasionally. I sing sometimes," Delilah told him.

"Sing?"

"Yeah, I was on choir from 5th grade to my senior year of high school."

"Care to show me?" Lucifer asked.

"Maybe not tonight, Luci."

Lucifer raised his eyebrows at the new nickname she had given him but replaced the expression with a smile. Cold air blew in, sending goosebumps up Delilah's arms.

"Are you cold, dear?" Lucifer asked, noticing the small shiver she had.

"A little bit, yes."

Lucifer stood up from his chair and extended a hand to Delilah. She repeated the action and held onto Lucifer's hand. She went to pull away but to her surprise, Lucifer interlocked their fingers.

She couldn't help blush at the gesture.

Lucifer led Delilah to the couch and sat down, moving the hand holding Delilah's hand to her waist. Her heart rate sped up, a slight panic forming as she realized the closeness.

Lucifer drew Delilah closer, oblivious to the nervousness she felt. With a simple movement, he whispered in Delilah's ear. "Warm now, doll?"

The action sent shivers down Delilah's spine as her breathing picked up. When Lucifer pressed a lingering kiss to her temple, she jumped up.

"I-I..I can't do this. I-I-I'm sorry," she said shakily, running her hands through her hair. "I-I have to g-go."

Lucifer stood up, perplexed by Delilah's change in mood. Had she just rejected him? That never happened.

Before Lucifer could protest, the ME practically ran to the elevator, hurriedly pressing the 'close door' button.

The last thing she saw was Lucifer, standing in his penthouse with the most confused look on his face. With shaky fingers, Delilah pulled out her phone, desperately hoping Taylor wasn't busy.

She quickly typed in the number and held the phone to her hand, attempting to calm her breathing. The elevator took Delilah down to the first floor where she could escape the horrid place.

"Dil? What's wrong?" Taylor asked, panic lacing her voice. Taylor told Delilah to call her if anything bad happened so she only expected the worst.

"I-I freaked out, Tay. I h-had to leave," Delilah answered, rushing out of the elevator once the doors opened.

"Hey, hey, Dil, it's okay. Just come on home. Breathe with me, you're okay."

She knew her best friend well and also knew that this happened kind of frequently.

Later that night, when Delilah made her way home, surprisingly crash free, Taylor pulled her best friend into a tight hug.

"It's okay, Dil. Breathe."

♡♡

any thoughts as to why Delilah panicked when Lucifer got close to her?

anyways, this was a really poorly written chapter.

I rly apologize.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

404 12 13
Lucifer x ________ whoever Smut Fluff Scenarios Dates All the good stuff
3.6K 208 15
This a story about when lucifer just went back to hell. Will he come back? How is chloe reacting with his leaving and the final anwer do they love e...
124 3 1
Chloe is lonely, and Lucifer wants to offer her his companionship, but she doesn't know he's the Devil. Will she ever be able to accept his true self?
61.3K 972 11
A Deckerstar Fanfiction. After realizing he is slowly becoming mortal, Lucifer Morningstar has discovered a new penchant for pain. The threat of dang...