Lies [✓]

By kenswriting

[Max X Reader]"Just tell me the truth, and no, not the 'truth' Max, I mean the REAL truth! I'm sick and tired... More

1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
Bloopers & extra scenes

2

6.1K 135 375
By kenswriting

School had just finished, you waved good bye to your friends and were about to walk home. When you heard someone call your name.

Turning around you walked a bit closer to where you heard someone call you name, you eventually found yourself back in front of the school. "Tina?" You asked confused.

"Oh, Y/n! There you are." She huffed. "Well remember when you fell?" She asked, you raised an eyebrow. "You saw that—?" "Yeah but that doesn't matter, I know who pushed you."

"Oh, it doesn't really matter." You said calmly. "Really? You looked so sad, I thought you really wanted to know..." Tina mumbled. "I was curious, yes, but it doesn't matter.. Buuut, who did push me, though? You got me curious again." You giggled.

Tina grinned.

"Max pushed you." Tina says. "It's expected, Max is a bully. An arrogant jerk if you ask me—" "Who's Max?" You ask curiously. "Oh, I didn't realize you didn't know their names. Well, Max was the one with black fluffy hair. Neil was the one with the yellow turtle neck, and Nikki was the one with green hair." She states.

"Wait, you mean to tell me Max was the one who said specifically said it wasn't him?" You said, a bit irritated. Tina nods her head. You close your eyes and grit your teeth for a second. You open your eyes again and frown.

"God, I hate people who lie. I don't see the point to not just own up to your mistakes." you mutter. "The only lies I see that are—atleast, okay, is the ones where you find that you don't like someone's cooking or something and say you do like it, as it doesn't do any wrong." You give an example.

"So like white lies?" Tina ask. You nod your head. "Precisely." You reply.

Tina nods her head. "I know what you mean." She states. "Max should be getting in trouble at the moment, as I told David." She shrugged. "David? Like the teacher, David?" You had met David earlier today, he was sweet and energetic. He was also your home room teacher.

"Yep!" This kind of set off a red flag for you, if you did anything wrong would she also tell a teacher? You shook your head and smiled at her.

"I should be going home now." "Me too, see you tomorrow Y/n!" "See you tomorrow." You reply, walking back home.

...

The next day had came, the birds were chirping and the sun was shinning.

You got up, and quickly got dressed. You wore a yellow sweater, with overalls. Brushing your hair you smiled to yourself, you were quite excited to school. Everyone so far seemed to be nice, well.. Everyone expect for that Max kid.

Walking into the kitchen you found a note on the fridge. "Sorry, my new job has a new schedule. I'll be going earlier and coming home later, sorry dear! I made you pancakes, I hope they're still hot when you eat them."

You smiled sadly to yourself, you glanced at the table and saw pancakes. You hated not being able to spend time with your father, but without his working you wouldn't have the big house you had at the moment.

Your mother on the other hand had died recently, two years ago actually. It was a sad moment for your family, and it made your father go through a bad depression. He's still sad about her death, but isn't going through that really bad depression anymore.

Moving on from the sad feels, You finished your pancakes. They weren't cold, but warm. Standing up you pushed in your chair, and rinsed off the plate, fork and knife.

You put them into the dish washer and walked over to the bathroom, brushing your teeth you gave yourself a smile in the mirror.

Once finished, you put on your bag and walked over to the door, you put on your checkered pattern vans and walked out the door. Ready to go to school.

Closing the door behind you, you smiled softly to yourself. You put in your earbuds and opened your phone, turning on Spotify you looked at your playlist.

[spotify link: https://open.spotify.com/user/candyeditzzz?si=k3zhi4vqRp-jFYZvEGPiag]

[playlist: Soft Playlist]

[You don't need to listen to it, but I have some really nice calm songs which I imagine the reader to be listing to. Anyways, back to the book]

Closing your eyes you started to walk, you knew the direction so didn't bother opening your eyes. Humming to the beet you skipped along the side walk.

Suddenly, you bumped into a taller figure.

"Ouch— Sorry!" You were really bad for bumping into people, I guess. Backing up you found yourself looking up at.. Neil, was it?

You slowly paused your song as you noticed Neil was talking. "Sorry, what was that?" You said, taking out your earbuds.

"O-Oh, I was just saying that it was fine." He mumbled. "Oh, okay! Well, you probably already know, but I'm Y/n, Y/n L/n!" You smile.

He was taken back by your kindness, you did see him beside Max, right?

"Oh.. Um.. I'm Neil." He mutters. "Well, Neil, how are you?" You said as you slowly started to start walking, he noticed you wanted him to follow you so he did.

"I'm doing well, surprisingly. And you?" He asked politely.

"I'm doing actually great!" You smile. "I slept well, and I already really love this school. There's so many nice people! Well, either than that kid your friends with... Max, right?" You mutter. "Wait, you knew his name?" He raised an eyebrow. "Aha, yep! Tina told me who he was and that he was the one who pushed me. I just can't believe he lied!" You mumbled angrily.

Neil saw the anger in your eyes. You huffed. "Sorry for lashing out like that, I just really hate when people lie. It's so dumb..." You sighed. "No worries, I see why you wouldn't like people who lie.. Also, about what Max did. Don't take it personally, he bothers everyone." Neil says.

"Does he bother you?" You asked.

Neil paused for a moment. "Well, yes. But not as much, you could say we're friends. The only people he's really friends with are Nikki and I. Though he'll never admit it, his pride is way too high up if you ask me." Neil shrugs. You giggled. "He seems tough to deal with."

"Sometimes, though he can be really funny at times too." He smiled. "I'm glad you're not like Max, you seem like a nice guy." You laughed quietly and Neil glanced at you, a bit shocked. He was never really called nice, since Neil was mostly an asshole.

"Oh, thank you. You seem like a nice person yourself—" "Y/nnnnnnn!!" Nerris yelled, jumping on you. You had just arrived to school.

Neil was taken back. "Nerris— aha, what do you need?" You smiled. "I can't say hi to my new best friend?" She grinned. "I alsooo wanted to show you something.." She whispers. "Well, I'll talk to you later Neil. Nerris needs to show me something." You say, pushing Nerris off you and looking at Neil.

You smiled

He smiled back

"I'll see you later then." I wave my arm, as Nerris takes my hand and drags me away to the group. "Soo~ you and Neil eh?" She grins. Harrison and Preston seemed intrigued. "Oh?" Preston smirked. "What? No! It's nothing like that, I just ran into him while walking to school." You sigh.

"That sounds how every anime girl falls in love with their love interest." Harrison states. "I bet you 10 dollars that Neil and Y/n will date by the time they graduate." Preston smirks at Harrison. "Hm..." He paused. Knowing Neil, he wouldn't like anyone. "Bet."

"And that's a bet Harrison is going to win..." You muttered. Then shook your head. "Wait, Neil is a sophomore?? He's so tall!" You protest. Harrison nodded. "Yeah, and his friend group too. We're all sophomores, expect for a couple people here." He stated. "So there's more sophomores than anything else this year?" You asked. He nodded.

"Huh, that's cool." You state, smiling. "I hear we're getting a lot of freshman next year though." He mumbled. "That's nice, I hope I can make friends with most people in the school." You smiles. "Thats a cute goal you have, though you probably won't achieve it.. I believe in you." Harrison grins.

"Thanks... I think?" You laugh. "Oh, also Nerris, you wanted to show me something?" You then remembered that Nerris had pulled you away from your new friend to show you something. "Nah, just wanted to ask you about Neil."

"Oh..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.5K 962 17
Not everyone is special enough to know exactly where the Underground's secret entrance is. Not everyone is so special as to accidentally fall into it...
326K 5.4K 10
.. As The Title Entails, This Is A OHSHC Seven Minutes In Heaven, No Lemon! Hope You Like It :3
1M 32.5K 78
"𝙾𝚑, 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖! 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚗𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜! 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚛𝚎...𝚍𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚕𝚐ä𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑...
2M 57.1K 95
On the twelfth hour of October 1st, 1989, 43 women gave birth. It was unusual as none of them had been pregnant since the first day they started. Sir...