13

Y'all already know the drill- Thanks for 600 views!

You jumped on your bed face first, you had this weird feeling in your chest. Why? Why did you feel so happy?

Max being nice just... It destroyed you. You loved his soft side, why couldn't he show it more?

You sighed. You looked up  and take out your phone. You started scrolling through instagram as you felt butterflies in your stomach.

"Ugh! Why won't this feeling go away?!" You yell stuffing your face into your pillow.

The only thing on your mind was Max, what's happening to you?!

The memory of him walking you back to your house makes your cheeks flush red.

You groan. Immediately you pull out your phone and call Nerris.

"Nerris! Oh my god I need your help..." You yell as soon as she picks up. "God Y/n- what's up?"

"So like Max walked me home today because I-" "HE WHAT?!" Nerris yelled. "Let me finish!" you hear her hmph. "Basically he walked me home because I didn't have an umbrella and now my cheeks are heating up and he's all I can think about!"

"I thought you said you liked Neil?" She asked confused. "Huh? What do you mean- I do like Neil!" "Well the way you were describing it... Are the symptoms of liking someone." You froze. "S-Seriously?"

"Yeah, maybe you like both of them though. Do you get those feelings with Neil?" She asked. You thought for a moment. "W-Well no... But he's really sweet and I love spending time with him!"

"Y/n... I don't think you like Neil. I think you like the idea of liking Neil... You like Max."

You froze.

There's no way! After all he's done to me?! I like him?! He's so rude! I.. No- I can't like him. I can't!

"I can tell you need to take in a moment-... I'll see you tomorrow, Y/n."

She hung up on you and you just sat there. "I... I like Max." You mumble. You were honestly shocked. "Oh my god- Oh my god I like Max. I can't tell anyone... If Nikki finds out she'll- she'll kill me!"

You immediately start texting Neil.

:You
Hey neil! Umm... This is a
random question buuut

:You
What would Nikki do if
someone liked Max?

Neil:
Uhh that was random

Neil:
but- well some girl named Maddison liked him and she... Well Nikki kind of bullied her and beat her up- a.. A lot.

:You
holy shit

Neil;
Yeah... Um, why do you ask

:You
just curious

You sigh quietly, now you definitely now that you cannot tell anyone. Word will spread to Nikki! And Max!

You groan quietly to yourself and grit you teeth. "I just wish I could stop thinking about him!"

...

It was the next day, you were walking to school beside Neil. "So, what was the real reason you asked that?" Neil asked. You felt your face slowly beating up. "Um- aha! Again I was just curious." You stutter and laugh awkwardly. He glanced at you. "If you say so..."

You made it to school, Max was sitting against the tree- Wait, why did you care. He looked up and made eye contact with you. Both of your eyes widen and you broke eye contact. Walking away you made yourself over to Nerris.

"Nerris oh my god- Please don't hate me!" You yell. "Huh? Oh... Well, even though I don't like him... I support you. Whatever makes you happy, he just... Let's hope he doesn't break your heart." She states. You hug her. "Thank you." You whisper.

She smiles. "No problem." "Well- Let's go to class!" You smile now cheerful. "Aha, yeah let's go." You grab her hand and make yourself over to your classroom.

...

It was after lunch, you were on your way to science. There was barely anyone in the halls... Suddenly you felt yourself being push. "What the h-"

You were pushed into a locker, you gasp. "H-Hey! Let me out!" You yell, you push on the door but it was locked. "This- This isn't funny! Let me out!" You heard snickers. "P...Please."

Max, Nikki and Neil were standing in front of the locker. Max had pushed you in since Nikki dated him too. Honestly he didn't want to but the idea of you being mad just... Made him smirk.

"Or what?" He smirked. "M-Max??" You asked, you recognized his voice to well. Your eyes started to well. You sniffed. "I can't believe you'd do this." You whisper. "What are you talking about? I didn't." He stated.

"Stop lying! Just tell me the truth, Max! And no, not the 'truth'! I mean the real truth! I'm sick and tired of all your lies!" You yell.

Which took the trio off guard. Max felt his face heat up, he could just imagine the look you had on your face.

"Whatever, let's just go." Nikki states, the trio nod their heads and walk away. Neil feeling pity for the girl.

...

"Someone! Please!" You cried. The bell had rung for the end of the day and you were still stuck in the locker. Suddenly you heard someone unlocking it. "Y/n?"

You look at the figure, it was one of your teachers! David! "Thank you!" You yell and jump into his arms. "Wow- what happened? Why are you in here?" He asked. "I-" You paused. "I tripped and fell in it- it closed and locked..." You mumble. "Oh you poor soul- you should be heading home now, alright?" You nod your head and leave.

"Oh hey, she got out!" You turn around and see Max smirking at you.

You just glared at him, but your glare slowly turned into a sad look. You turn around and let your shoulders drop as you run away.