Vamp Guards ✔️

By AllhailWritersBlock

"Who are we? Well for starters, this is my prince, my heart, the love of my undead life." "And this is Kai, m... More

[•••]
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y-O N E
T W E N T Y-T W O
T W E N T Y-T H R E E
T W E N T Y-F O U R
T W E N T Y-F I V E
T W E N T Y-S I X
T W E N T Y-S E V E N
T W E N T Y-E I G H T
T W E N T Y-N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y-O N E
T H I R T Y-T W O
T H I R T Y-T H R E E
T H I R T Y-F O U R
T H I R T Y-F I V E
T H I R T Y-S I X
T H I R T Y-S E V E N
T H I R T Y-E I G H T
T H I R T Y-N I N E
F O R T Y
F O R T Y-O N E
F O R T Y-T W O
F O R T Y-T H R E E
F O R T Y-F O U R
F O R T Y-F I V E
F O R T Y-S I X
F O R T Y-S E V E N
F O R T Y-E I G H T
F I F T Y
F I F T Y-O N E
F I F T Y-T W O
F I F T Y-T H R E E
F I F T Y -F O U R
F I F T Y-F I V E
F I F T Y-S I X
F I F T Y-S E V E N
F I F T Y-E I G H T
F I F T Y-N I N E
S I X T Y
S I X T Y-O N E
S I X T Y-T W O
S I X T Y-T H R E E
S I X T Y-F O U R
S I X T Y-F I V E
S I X T Y-S I X
S I X T Y-S E V E N
S I X T Y-E I G H T
S I X T Y-N I N E
S E V E N T Y
S E V E N T Y-O N E
S E V E N T Y-T W O
S E V E N T Y-T H R E E
S E V E N T Y-F O U R
E P I L O G U E
Fun Facts

F O R T Y-N I N E

3.2K 200 54
By AllhailWritersBlock

Kai crossed his arms to stop himself from fidgeting. He pressed his back against the wall close to the back door and silently tapped his index finger on his bicep. He didn't know if his hunch was correct, but from recent occurrences, he had little doubt he was wrong.

Ever since Iris and Kai's conversation, the one about Iris being able to talk to Kai whenever he pleased, well, a strange vibe stared following the vampire. Whenever the two were alone, or were supposed to be alone, Kai had the feeling that a pair of ears and eyes other than their own was near them. He didn't know what to think of it until he started putting one and one together.

While Kai waited by the door, Iris was in his study completing the work he was given once again. All Kai had to ask was of he could go checking something and Iris allowed him to leave.

So, Kai found himself standing patiently and eager.

A few minutes passed and the door opened, letting in a cold gust of air. Kai stood up straight and narrowed his eyes at the figure who walked in. They quickly shut the door, and since he stood a good distance away from the door, away from the sight of the person, he obviously went unnoticed.

Until he cleared his throat.

"I knew it."

The person froze at his low voice and turned around with a smile.

"Oh..hey, Kai." Sage waved once and squeezed her hands behind her back. Her smile and attitude was falsely innocent, too wide and giggly.

"You're stalking us," Kai said bluntly. He pushed himself off the wall and stood right in front of Sage. "Stop it."

"Stalking?" Sage cringed at the word and crossed her arms, offended. "I am doing no such thing."

"Liar. I feel you, I know you're around whenever me and Iris–the prince–talk. No one else can possibly be that nosey."

"I'm not being nosey. I told you we had to talk but you never came to talk to me, so–"

"That's because I've been busy." Kai gestured in a random direction and Sage scoffed.

"Yes, I see that."

"So you admit to stalking."

"I...admit to watching you two when I'm probably not supposed to."

"Stalking."

Sage sighed in defeat and lowered her head. "Fine. Yes, but in a harmless way."

Kai shook his head and stepped away from her. "We'll talk later, though I don't know what you expect to learn. There's nothing to tell."

Sage made a face of disagreement before patting Kai's shoulder. "Oh...but there is plenty."

With continued uncertainty and annoyance, Kai proceeded to step away from Sage until he was walking down the hall, away from her and towards Iris's study. Maybe they're was a lot to say; a lot of unspoken words to admit.

But that would come later. That did come later.

††

Autumn came with a chilly promise and left with roads peppered in rusty colored leaves, and naked branches. The sun returned from hiding behind light gray clouds and a golden color painted over the villages, over Vridora.

A new year was approaching, a mighty heat was regenerating, and the youth was blooming.

Many things happened during the passing months, but boring, repetitive days occurred more times that those exciting or anticipated.

Especially for Iris. As he got older, became more experienced, mature, and educated, work started piling up. Arlo didn't think he was ready for the tasks he had to do, but he gave Iris previews of what the work was like. Iris tried not to get overwhelmed, but that was part of the job.

Luckily he had Kai to keep him company during the straight hours of working.

Kai didn't mind, he was the one who suggested the idea. Iris glady agreed. The two hung out more than they had to, talked more than they used to, liked each other more than they should.

It was a friendly like; somewhere between respect and admiration. Kai respected Iris, if not as a prince than as a generally good person. Iris admired Kai for multiple reasons, and more reasons surfaced as they spent time together. Iris discovered more about his body guard and vise versa. About himself as well.

The uncertainty between them, between their relationship, slowly but surely shriveled down to something understandable. Something lucid. They became comfortable with one another. Along with that came jokes and laughter and plenty of smiles. The reluctance Kai felt had disappeared, and Iris no longer questioned his feelings.

Hid them, suppressed them, yes, but he knew clearly how he felt. He did his best not to let it get in the way of the building friendship him and Kai started. Though sometimes his heart was close to giving his emotions away.

It was the smallest of things, too. Like when their fingers brushed together, when Kai chuckled, when he smirked or teased him. But he learned to push his feelings aside.

While they grew comfortable with each other's presence, they subconsciously started craving it as well. They didn't vocalize this, but the eagerness was there. It was an unspoken thing. They had a lot of them, but nothing too grand for the closure to turn awkward.

At first glance, they were just a prince and a body guard, nothing more and nothing less. However, if one were to look deeper into their displayed affection, they'd see much more. They'd see a boy who enjoyes being around a vampire, which was an oddity in their time. They'd see a friendship that sprouted unexpectedly, but was strengthening by the days. It was safe to say they had more than a professional-based relationship.

There were times when their bickering became excessive or they had to step away to keep their composure, but they always came back with a smile or an apology.

The stable status they have would definitely grow as time moved on. If they were to look back, their development was sure to shock them.

And it did.

Because they thought at some point their relationship would take a step back. When in reality, it never stopped moving forward.

††

Present Day

"Five, Kai! Five meetings! My brain isn't big enough to handle all their fancy words." Iris groaned with tiredness as he fell face first on his bed. The bed dipped next to him and he heard a deep chuckle.

"You poor thing. However did you manage?"

Iris turned his head and glared at Kai. He wore a smirk but his eyes did show a pint of empathy. Iris sat up and reached over, once his hand found a pillow he chucked it at Kai.

Even though he saw it coming, Kai let it hit him before it fell to his lap, which just annoyed Iris more.

"You can't visit me anymore."

Kai laughed and watched as Iris stood up and attempt to walk away. He quickly tossed the pillow to the side and jumped up to lay his hands on the prince's shoulders. He turned him around but Iris continued to avoid eye contact.

"Iris," Kai said his name gently. "You know I'm kidding."

Iris let out a heavy sigh and ran his hands down his face. "Yeah, well, you know I'm tired. And annoyed, and frustrated, and–" While he babbled on, Kai slowly pulled him forward till their chests touched. He wrapped his arms around Iris's shoulders and laid his chin on his head.

"And...and.." Iris paused and lowered his hands from his face. He didn't realize his head was angled and resting on Kai's shoulder, nor did he realize the hand softly rubbing his back. He blinked in confusion. Mainly because the action was unusual, and foreign.

"Kai."

"Hm?"

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing."

Iris frowned and wanted to lift his head up, but Kai's chin was still laying on it and in all honesty he was too comfortable to move. Warmth hugged him like a blanket and the closeness made even more heat rise between them. With a small sigh, Iris snaked his arms down and around Kai's waist. He nuzzled his face in the vampire's neck, the coldness of his collar pressed against his forehead, and he sighed again.

Kai kissed Iris's temple before turning his head so he was resting on the side of his face rather than his chin. He pulled Iris closer and in return for the kiss, Iris placed his own on Kai's cheek before he laid his head back down.

Content, relaxed, and pleased, the two decided to stay in that position for a while longer. They talked further later on; they laid on Iris's bed, Kai was on his back talking with his eyes fixed on the canopy, and Iris lounged sideways. He propped his elbow on the bed to hold his head up, and he used his other hand to draw random patterns on Kai's skin. He'd trail his finger across his jawline, doodle swirls down his neck, and then felt his collar.

It took a lot–emphasize a lot–to not drag his fingers down Kai's chest, which was exposed because he had unbuttoned his shirt. Iris's eyes constantly flickered down to the pale skin, and he always returned his gaze with flustered cheeks. He blushed even harder when he looked back at Kai, only to see him smirking; so he did get caught.

But he kept doing it.

Eventually Iris grew tired and they slipped under the covers. With the comforting warmth, it didn't take long for the prince to fall alseep, but Kai stayed awake. Waiting, listening, and reflecting.

††

I'm so so so so so sorry for the late update!! I know I haven't been doing very well on updates, there's just a lot going on personally right now.

But ANYWAYS the history is over and we're now back to the present!! In all honesty I did rush their "back story" and if you think I did, too, I'm sorry. The plot has been all over the place, and I decided I needed to focus a bit more on the plot than the characters :')

Again, I apologize!!!

-Nikki

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 1.5K 20
All characters belong to their prospective owners. I am only writing this story for fun. I am not making any money or profit off of it Plot: Arthit...
35.4K 1K 43
Kai Summers is a Afro-Caribbean born immigrant to the US. Kai is humble and one of the sweetest persons you will ever meet although his living situat...
257K 13.7K 47
To those of you who once read this story from a few years ago, will now be able to read it again, in this newly updated version where it is hopefully...
91.9K 4.7K 23
Arthit and Kongpob had been the perfect couple in the eyes of everyone around them including friends and family. People admired them. People were jea...