Breaking the Barrier (Saitama...

By SpiritBloodDragon

Holy god I have horrible story descriptions forgive me Saitama and Tatsumaki: two completely different people... More

The encounter
Registration
First Hero Task
The Younger Sister, and the Crowd
The House of Evolution
Baldy Backstory
The Bang that went Boom
Thank y'all super duper much!
Haze
Seafood Situation
Holy Moly
Unity
First of Many?
Break
Slaughter
Rebellion
Prophecy
Resolution
Routine
The Ruffian's "Relaxing" Resort
The Eye Before
The Storm
Who Wanted to Be / Emotions
Quick apology
Does it even count as a date?
Influence
What is this?
Humility
Dueling Patience
Admittance
Hole
Questioning
Reveal?
The Hunt (You can skip this if you want cause it's literally only plot)
Discovery
Immoral
Reveal.
Honesty
Martial Arts...They Suck
Regret
Satisfaction
Preparation
Bit More Emotion
You gave them to me, you know
Plan?
Split
Deduction
What is a monster?
Boring Battle
Chief
Spark
Climb
Despair
Heroes
Villains
Three Words
Epilogue: And so, Life Goes On.

Mosquitoes Suck

9.2K 163 211
By SpiritBloodDragon

Disclaimer: I do not own One Punch Man. I wouldn't trust myself with that sort of an amazing story.

Side note: Again, I'm assuming that the reader (i.e, you) knows the specific details of certain characters, hence why I am only giving general descriptions.

Original release date: July 30, 2019

~~~

It had only been a day since the events of Vaccine Man terrorizing City Z until he was destroyed by Saitama. The city had been put under minimal repairs, only what was necessary as it was deemed a ghost city after large amounts of monsters began to inhabit it for whatever reason.

As Saitama turned on the small T.V in his apartment, he glanced at the news as he got dressed into his casual outfit; he didn't expect too much to occur today considering the amount of people overlooking the repair of City Z, even if the repair was minimal. At first, none of the news really mattered to him; little did, ever since he became overpowered. However, seeing a familiar flash of bright green hair caught his eye.

"And the corpse of the monster had been found by the S-Rank hero Tornado, who presumably had been the one to eliminate the monster," the reporter announced. "In addition, she had also rescued two people who happened to be nearby, one of which she claims, 'assisted her in defeating the monster,' though little else is known about this helper."

Saitama stared at the television, a gentle smile sneaking onto his face without him realizing it at the realization of Tornado benefiting from this encounter the two of them had. Yawning, he scratched his head as he had finally finished put on his casual outfit.

"On another note, those who live in City Z, it is advised you evacuate soon; it is reported that an incredibly large swarm of mosquitoes seem to be heading towards City Z. Stay inside and wait for further information until it is safe to exit your homes," the reporter finished. At that, Saitama turned off the television and walked onto his balcony to water his cactus.

As he watered his cactus idly, he couldn't help but be lost in thought and consequently, accidentally overwatering his cactus. The bald man was only knocked out of his train of thought by a mosquito landing on his arm.

Quickly smacking where the mosquito was, he was incredibly shocked to see that the mosquito had survived the attack. Wherever the mosquito moved, he tried to smack it into extinction, though the mosquito had evaded each and every blow, leading to an incredibly long battle between Saitama and the tiny mosquito.

~~~

A blonde, tall, skinny man exited the jewelry store with a large knapsack which seemed to be filled with stolen goods. He sported a shit-eating grin, accompanied by his lackluster appearance and clothing that would fit the being of a degenerate.

"Mosquito swarm, my ass," he exclaimed, guffawing. "Mosquito bites can't kill anyone! Who cares about losing a little blood if it means I get to steal all this!"

Just then, a quick wind blew by, nearly toppling him over. Looking around, he couldn't find anything nor anyone that could have pushed him like that.

"Wind?" He questioned, slightly concerned. Before he could utter much more, a swarm of mosquitoes flooded him, covering every square millimeter of his body. There was no escape for him. The blonde man could feel every drop of his blood being sucked out of him; from his eyes, his nose, the mosquitoes were everywhere on his body, inside and out. The man was being dried out, such as a raisin would be. The screams of agony were drowned out by the buzzing of the mosquitoes' wings, his terror unheard, and his cries for help in vain.

Once there were no screams left, not that any were heard, the mosquitoes flew away all at once as if they were a hive mind, leaving the blonde man a literal shell of his former self. Collapsing, nearly breaking from the impact of the fall, his head just so happened to land near the bag of stolen goods he carried.

As the swarm of mosquitoes flew back to their leader, a lone cyborg walked to the corpse. He squatted down for a closer examination, his eyes focusing on certain parts, attempting to determine why the mosquitoes may have targeted him, or if it was a natural cause.

The blonde cyborg having a fully mechanical body, including his face which looked normal though was made of an artificial skin material. His sharp eyes had a black sclera with yellow irises to match his spiky hair. He sported a sleeveless white hoodie, his eyes watching the mosquitoes fly straight towards the source.

The mosquitoes gathered around what seemed to be the provocative mother mosquito, the queen of her pawns. She grinned maniacally, clearly pleased with the amount of blood her workers had accumulated for her. Despite being part insect, it seemed most of her body was an endoskeleton, black and white patterns being the only discernable colors other than her eyes, which was a light purple. It also appeared that she seemed humanoid other than her mosquito-like heritage.

Opening her mouth, she begun to speak, though her words were interrupted by multiple signals of distress flooding her brain. Quickly turning around, she noticed the cyborg eyeing her swarm. A smirk grew onto her face.

Gesturing to the cyborg, she commanded, "There's more dinner! Suck him dry!"

The cyborg's stoic expression was unchanged while the swarm flew towards him, as he uttered, "I see. You have swarms of mosquitoes at your bidding, collecting blood to harvest for yourself. Assuming you are the one controlling them, eliminating you, their master, would surely either return the mosquitoes to their natural state, or cause further havoc due to the swarm's newfound confusion and lack of guidance.

"Therefore, I must eliminate either the mosquitoes first, or both at the same time." Bringing up his hand, which revealed an orange glow within his mechanical palm, he aimed his hand towards the swarm of mosquitoes, waiting for them to close in on him.

Once the mosquitoes circled him in a dome-like shape, it was clear that they were all waiting their turn, filling each one up then leaving room for another to take their place. As they attempted to pierce his body, the cyborg was unbothered by the futile attack.

"Incinerate." Instantly, a bright orange glow filled the air as the flames began to spread throughout the dome of mosquitoes, each of them eventually being burnt to a crisp. As the swarm disappeared, the cyborg stared at the queen, who had made eye contact back with him. Her smirk was replaced with a scowl, knowing that the blood that part of the swarm had was plentiful.

"Fine. So that's how you want to play it?" The mosquito queen asked rhetorically. "Then, I'll play it your way!" In an instant, she charged the blonde cyborg to begin their duel.

~~~

"Let me in, Baldy!" A familiar voice, though muffled, made its way to Saitama's ears. He had spent the last half hour trying to kill the mosquito, trapping it in his home so that it was trapped in a confined space, doomed to be killed one day.

"Huh?" He questioned momentarily, before it clicked that Tatsumaki had indeed told him that they would meet up to talk about his becoming a hero. However, it had only clicked when he realized that somebody had once again remarked his lack of hair, his largest pet peeve.

Keeping an eye on the mosquito, making sure that there was no way it could escape, he walked over to the door and opened it. At first, he forgot the girl was much shorter than him, and thus, took him a moment to look down to make eye contact with the emerald-eyed girl, who had been annoyed by it, though less than normal.

"Oh, hey, Tatsu," he greeted with a short wave.

"Hey, Saitama," she politely replied. Though she was normally rude and acted in a holier-than-thou way, even she knew when she should be polite and thankful to somebody. For some reason, she felt that it shouldn't be natural to be nice, but it did. She had been polite to others before, but not nice.

"Ready to go?"

She only nodded in response, and the two of them began their walk to the nearest hero association building to officially register Saitama as a hero. The two of them walked side-by-side down the stairs, which were inhumanely rusty. She found it odd that a person this strong could be living in a dump in City Z, even though it would require unrelenting power to survive through all the monsters that inhabit the city.

There are a lot of weird things about him, Tornado mused. Strong as shit, but doesn't care? How does he even live here? Why was he so bored with killing Vaccine Man? Does he just do that? She didn't even realize that she had lost herself in thought until Saitama tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hey, Tatsu, you alright?" He questioned, furrowing his eyebrows in concern.

"Y-Yeah! Why wouldn't I be?!" She answered with a question. She had a bright blush on her face, from which both of them assumed to be from her being flustered and embarrassed to be caught off guard. Despite that blush, the conversation was quickly interrupted when both of them caught sight of a bright orange dome in the distance.

Tornado rolled her eyes, muttering, "Guess we gotta deal with that first," with Saitama nodding in agreement. The two of them quickly began to make their way to the source of the danger.

As they arrived at the scene, a strange sight met them: a huge, humanoid mosquito with severed legs fighting a blonde cyborg, who had one of his arms chopped off. And at the same time, they weren't sure which one was causing more harm, or at least had the intent to cause it.

Considering how Tatsumaki had never watched the news, she didn't make the connection of who the mosquito was. On the other hand, it took Saitama a few moments to connect the dots, remembering the alert of a huge mosquito swarm in City Z.

"Oh, so that's what caused the mosquitoes," he realized, confusing Tatsumaki.

"Wait, what, Baldy?" She questioned, incredulous, doubting that something that seemed so weak would have that power.

"Yeah, there was a report that there was a huge swarm of mosquitoes that's supposed to be demon-level or something."

Tornado could only sigh, as the bald man didn't even tell her about this despite the apparent threat. She gulped a bit, a tiny bit concerned due to her arrogance almost leading to her death before, though pushed it back to her mind. She kept her annoyed front up, groaning partially at the bald man and partially at the mosquito lady.

Just then, the humanoid mosquito cackled and spat at the cyborg, "You...you think you can eliminate me?!"

Gesturing to the skies, she called out, "My pawns! Serve your queen! Empty your blood into me~" In an instant, a gigantic swarm of mosquitoes came out of nowhere, larger than any flame the cyborg could emit. And in an instant, they all began supplying the blood they collecting into the mosquito queen, changing her form.

It appears that she is transforming, the cyborg thought. I must stand guard. He took a defensive stance, arming his weaponry for a powerful attack.

Tornado only watched from a sideline, slightly interested in what the cyborg could bring to the table. Despite his severed mechanical arm, he it seemed he had fared well so far. This was the same for Saitama, though his reason for watching was from fear of seeing all these mosquitoes.

If one took me more than half an hour, how long will this take me?! He frantically thought, incredibly concerned. I might not be able to make it to the supermarket at this rate! Just then, the mosquitoes began to disperse, spreading out to presumably find more prey to collect blood from.

As the last of the swarm left, the mosquito queen had transformed into a wicked witch. Her previous elegant appearance had a certain allure to it, though her new look just screamed terror and primal instinct. Her claws had grown longer, and her hair had grown too, flowing as if it was pure magic. Her black and white had turned to various shades of red, only going darker instead of any sort of a light shade.

"Well, well, well," the mosquito queen spoke sadistically, seeing the cyborg as nothing more than prey now. "I guess I won't need the mosquitoes anymore; kill them if you want." She shrugged her shoulders, smirking, bloodlust in her eyes.

"Why would I need them when..."

She spoke no more, only flying behind the cyborg at a speed that he could not comprehend. This earned an eyebrow raise from both Tornado and Saitama, a bit curious as to her true power. The cyborg's eyes widened when he realized that he was behind him, too late to turn around before she attacked.

One of her claws tore right through him, nearly chopping him in half. Throwing up in the air, she cackled wildly, chasing him to further torture the cyborg. She slashed and slashed through him, only further damaging his body. Her eyes were filled with bloodlust, a smirk plastered on her face.

I did not account for this, the cyborg thought in sorrow. I have no chance. I must self-destruct. He began to glow in a brilliant blue, his core glowing brighter. He scowled, frustrated with his own weakness.

I'm sorry, Doctor Kuseno, he thought, hoping he would eventually get the message. It was only a few seconds until his self-destruct, and he was waiting for the mosquito to end. He stared at the mosquito queen as she charged him for the last time.

However, before she could make contact, a sole hand came out of nowhere, making contact with the cyborg's assailant. In an instant, her body was splattered over a nearby building, red covering that side of it. The mere shockwave nearly sent the building tumbling, until a bright green glow surrounded it, preventing it from falling.

The cyborg's eyes widened, his jaw dropping. He turned to his saviors and saw a bald man wearing a casual outfit, and a shorter, emerald-haired woman who wore a long black dress. The man seemed to have a bright smile on his face, finally glad the mosquito was gone, while the woman was mildly bothered by the inconvenience.

"Mosquitoes...suck!" Saitama proclaimed, putting two hands on his hips. "Well, Tatsu, ready to go to the Hero whatchamacallit?" In response, Tornado put her hands on her hips in response, glaring sharply at the bald hero.

"Don't you remember, dimwit?! The cyborg?!" She gestured towards the aforementioned cyborg, baffled at the short attention span of her companion.

The aforementioned cyborg called out to them, "Wait!"

"I am Genos!" He proclaimed. "I must get stronger! What is your name!"

"Oh?" Saitama questioned. "It's Saitama."

"Take me as your disciple!" He requested, though with his emotion, it was nearly a demand, as if he needed it.

Tornado was baffled by the gall of this cyborg. He met Saitama 20 seconds ago, and now he was pledging allegiance to the bald man. Even though he was in the depths of destruction and on the verge of death, he still had the gall to say these things.

"Why would he take YOU as his disciple? Look at him!" She spat coldly, annoyed with his nerve. Saitama, on the other hand, didn't feel the same animosity towards the blonde cyborg.

"Sure."

"Wait, what?" She questioned Saitama in a considerably calmer, softer tone. Even though this cyborg was practically yelling at him, begging for him to take him as a disciple, Saitama had just taken it as if it were an average day.

"Yeah, I'll take him as a student or whatever," Saitama agreed nonchalantly, walking up to the cyborg. "Anyways, is there anywhere we can take you for repairs?"

"Doctor Kuseno can repair me. I could show you there if you would take me, Saitama and...I apologize, but who are you? His spouse, perhaps?" Genos questioned, wondering who was with his future teacher.

"Tornado," the emerald-haired woman introduced herself harshly. "I was going with him to the hero association to help him register into the S-Class, where I am. And for your information, I am NOT WITH THE BALDY!" She turned to the aforementioned bald man to see his reaction, though his attention was at the mosquito queen, proud of the fact that he finally eliminated the mosquitoes.

"I am not with him, and I will never be with him, got that?!" Tornado exclaimed. "I'm not his spouse, nor girlfriend, nor will I be!" This day had just been a rollercoaster of signals that were clearly messing with her. She could just feel the fact that God himself was cursing her in this day.

After getting the introductions out of the way, the group headed to Doctor Kuseno's laboratory, which seemed like an observatory more than anything else. Located in City X, Saitama and Tornado ran and flew there respectively, with Tornado lifting the damaged cyborg telekinetically to carry along. Knocking on the metal door, a scanner appeared above the door, peering at the three who had come. After a few moments, the door unlocked, automatically opening.

As the three walked in, Genos called out, "Doctor Kuseno?"

The doctor had been working on an experiment, and turned to the cyborg's voice. He had a hunch, presumably from his old age. With a nose longer than Pinocchio's, the only thing that was more ridiculous to Saitama was the scientist's hair. It looked as if the man was a mushroom on a human's body with the way his hair was shaped.

"Ah, Genos, you've returned. And it appears you've brought company," Doctor Kuseno remarked. "Doctor Kuseno. I've heard of you, Tornado. And you, young man?"

"Saitama."

"Thank you for bringing Genos to me. I can repair him soon. So, what brought you to my place? Was the mechanical prowess of my handiwork amazing enough to catch even Tornado's eye?" Kuseno remarked humorously, quietly chuckling. As Saitama set Genos down to where Kuseno guided, Tornado responded.

"Well, I'm helping him out," she gestured to Saitama, "hanging out and helping him register into the S-Class." She always had a respect for the elderly, especially those still working hard at what they were passionate about. Deep down in her heart, she still had that compassion for the elderly, and tried to show it.

"Never thought you to be somebody to hang out with people," Kuseno said lightheartedly. "Could it be something else about him?" He joked, causing a tint of blush to appear on Tatsumaki's face, shaking her head, slightly embarrassed at the older man's antics.

Why does everybody joke about that? He's just a bald man who's strong! Nothing else! Tornado thought angrily. There's no way I'd be with THAT mess!

Before she could respond, Genos interrupted, "Doctor Kuseno, I forgot to inform you. Saitama is my mentor, to which he agreed before we came here. I promise I will become stronger, and I will find the cyborg and avenge my village."

Kuseno raised his eyebrow, intrigued, "...Very well. If it allows you to become stronger, and you find some tutelage within him as his student, I see no harm. However," his eyes became sharp, "do not let this stray you from your path. You may wish to avenge your village, but do not let your anger consume you." In response, Genos simply nodded.

He turned his head to Saitama and Tatsumaki and spoke, "I may need to stay here for the remainder of the day. May I meet you tomorrow and speak with you there, potentially joining this 'Hero Association' you speak of?"

Saitama nodded, turning to Tornado, "That cool with you, Tats?"

In response, the emerald-eyed woman reluctantly nodded with a frown. "Sure. It's getting late anyways. See you, cyborg," she spoke harshly.

As she went to the exit, she said to Saitama in a calmer tone, "I'll see you tomorrow, Baldy?"

"Sure, Tats. Meet up tomorrow."

~~~

Chapter 2, done! I wasn't sure how to end the chapter, and I didn't exactly know what he would say and I feel like it's a rushed line that doesn't exactly deliver on it.

Anyways, I hoped you guys enjoyed the chapter, and I still love writing this stuff. Personally, the amount of views I get isn't all too much for me, but I just hope that whoever does read it enjoys it, and that they could enjoy the stuff I write. I hope that the chapter was decent enough, and I'm still being functional with this 1-week release stuff and I hope it goes well.

If there are any errors or things you think I should fix on each character, I'd love to fix it if it helps. Hate, love, I'll take it all into consideration. Anyways, I'll see y'all at the next chapter!

Sincerely,

SpiritBloodDragon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 3.4K 20
(Y/n) is a C class hero who takes care of the people that had been hurt during an attack. She isn't a good fighter so she decided to use her medicine...
13.9K 423 20
Saro is a Hero who has the power to copy and enhance the powers of other heros and even some monsters. In a world of Heros and Monsters constant clas...
9.7K 373 14
(Reader) = your name - (Reader) had been feeling ill for a while. Her urge to vomit on random occasions had become common for her and it was to the p...
43.9K 738 14
(AU) Tatsumaki, not willing to accept anyone stronger than her, dons a disguise to catch Saitama off guard. All is planned out, but another step appe...