The Forced Marriage With The...

By Mystery_Angel6

Daniel Rodriguez. Who would say that the once caring and fun loving playboy would turn into a heartless man... More

Chapter 1. The Cross Connection
Chapter 2. Falling into the trap
Chapter 3. The Prince's Sister
Chapter 4. The Marriage
Chapter 5. Married
Chapter 6. The sight of heaven?
Chapter 7. Nightmare
Chapter 8. Comfort
Chapter 9. Mess?
Chapter 10. Hurt
Chapter 11. Abomination
Chapter 12. His Darkness
Chapter 13. Aftermath
Chapter 14. The Piano Room
Chapter 15. Bitter-Sweet Memories
Chapter 16. Breakfast together
Chapter 17. Having Fun
Chapter 18. Plotting
Chapter 19. Funeral
Chapter 21. Saving A Damsel In Distress
Chapter 22. Jealousy
Chapter 23. The Kiss
Chapter 24. Why did you do that?
Chapter 25. Kiana's Condition
Chapter 26. You're most precious to me
Chapter 27. The Truce
Chapter 28. The Heartbreak
Chapter 29. Goodbye, Daniel.
Chapter 30. "I know better than you."
Chapter 31. Anthony's Past
Chapter 32. Graveyard Visit
Chapter 33. Anthony's Secret
Chapter 34. Stupid Mate Bond
Chapter 35. Accidently Hearing The Truth
Chapter 36. Invitation
Chapter 37. Letting off the Hook
Chapter 38. Marked
Chapter 39. Can't keep my hands off you
Chapter 40. What really happened.
Chapter 41. Scheming Kiana
Chapter 42. You love her, don't you?
Chapter 43. Ari, you can't leave me.
Chapter 44. The Change
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Characters
Anthony's Story! (Completed)

Chapter 20. Step-Sister

44.8K 1.7K 251
By Mystery_Angel6

Ariana's POV

"Danny!" The girl squealed as she -thankfully- backed away from Daniel, prying her hands of off him.

Why do I sound like a jealous lover?

"When did you return back from Veneton, Carla?" Daniel asked with that sweet smile still intact on his face.

"Veneton? Uh...yeah! I returned back just now. You missed me, right? I knew it," the girl named Carla grinned wounding an arm around Daniel's shoulder.

I swear I'm feeling this raging fire inside my heart just looking at them both acting all lovey dovey. Wahh...I feel like crying. For the sake of Lord, I'm not the jealous type of woman.

On a closer note, why am I even jealous? It's not like Daniel and I have a real husband and wife relationship or whatever.

"My my, who is she...? Hang in there, I think I know," I didn't notice it earlier but Carla was now looking at me.

I'm taken by surprise when she immediately waddles over to me as she gives me a hug, squeezing the air out of me.

"She's beautiful!" Carla does a happy dance once she let's me go and holds my hand.

"So, tell me. How did you guys fall in love? When did Danny propose to you? The brute didnt even inform me about his wedding earlier. He got married just like that. I know my brother looks cold and all but he's really romantic. Maybe?" She keeps on blabberring and questioning me about the things I have no idea about. I give Daniel a -what-should-I-say- look.

Wait a second,

Did she just say 'Brother'?

Oh my...how could I forget?!

According to the tabloids and newspapers, the werewolf royal family had three siblings. Ariel and Daniel are the original heirs. The childrens of the original royalblood werewolf queen and king. While Carla must be the daughter of the King's second wife. Few years after the King's mysterious death, his second wife took over the throne. The replaced werewolf queen was killed by the vampire king Evan Davies because she was a black witch practising dark and forbidden magic. The former queen had created quite a havoc in the kingdoms back then.

Carla was rumoured to be a witch as well but the vampire king, Ariel and Daniel had cleared all the rumours cast on Carla's name since she was innocent and was just caught up in all her mother's mess. She's a half-royalblood werewolf though. Her mother, the former queen, Diana Rodriguez, was a heartless woman. She had killed her sisters and parents for the sake of powers then what better could she do to her daughter? Who knows she might have even killed her own daughter for powers.

All in all, Carla is Daniel's step-sister.

So all that feeling jealous thing was really worthless. I can't believe I was fuming few minutes ago seeing Carla hug her own brother.

What a big fool I am! Why was I even jealous in the first place?

"Hey! Are you still there?" Carla was waving her hand in front of my face making me snap out of my reverie.

I managed to put up a bright smile as I bought my attention back on her. She asked me a few questions to which I have no absolute answers.

Thankfully, Daniel interjected our conversation as he wound his right arm around mine and left arm around Carla's shoulder, standing between the both of us.

"Carla, didn't you say you just arrived? You should go freshen up. You can do the talking later maybe?" Daniel said to which Carla nodded her head as if listening to the major commander.

I bit back a laugh at the mental picture. Daniel would really suit for the role of a strict and rude major commander.

"Okay, I get it. You both want some alone time to get cozy and do whatever couples do. Yup, I must be a third wheel. I should go freshen up while you guys do whatever you have to do. Do it quick okay," she quickly scurried away from us and practically ran towards her room giving a wink to the both of us over her shoulder.

By the time her words sinked into my head, I felt my cheeks heat up. Oh my, did she just imply....

"Come on, Ari. Let's go and do what couples do," Daniel whispered right next to my ears, his voice sending a shrill down my spine.

I almost choked on my spit when I heard his words. Despite the fast thumping of my heart, I turned my head to the side and sent Daniel a frosty glare.

He was staring at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes. I rolled my eyes before walking past him.

"Hey, wait! Let's do what couples do!" He shouted making me halt on my steps abruptly.

Just what the hell is wrong with him?

Complete and utter shock passed on the face of the maid who was cleaning a vase and she accidently dropped the vase in shock.

Talk about being embarrassed.

I gave the maid an apologetic look and stomped over to Daniel. Giving him a dont-you-dare-speak-anything look, I grabbed his hand and pulled him along with me to our room.

Shutting the door behind me with a thud once we were inside the room, I rested my back against the door and folded my arms across my chest as I glared at him vehemently.

"Can't you keep your mouth shut? What was that stunt you pulled there?" I breathed through my nose in anger.

I don't know what's up with his sudden change in demeanor. I mean, Daniel's never been so sarcastic and sly before. Not to forget such a conceited idiot to say something like that in front of other people.

"What? I was talking about getting to know each other. Isn't that what couples do? Get to know each other," He dared to act innocent when a few minutes ago, he was smirking with mischievousness in his eyes.

"We're not couples." I mumbled matter-of-factly with a blank face.

When I attempted to walk past him, he blocked my action by placing his hands on either sides of my head thus caging me in between.

"But we're married and that makes us couple, right?" Daniel arched an imaculate eyebrow emphasising his words.

"Couples as in, couples who like each other, care for each other. Couples who hold hands and kiss each other. Not like us. We are just sticking around with each other because of a mere truce." Well, the last sentence sort of hurts.

"The truce can go to hell. About couples. Every person cares for another. Atleast for the sake of humanity. As for liking each other," Daniel tucks a wayward strand of my hair behind my ear, "Do you like me, Ari?"

Huh?

His question took me off guard and all I could do was stare at his face that was inching closer to mine.

Do I like this greek god-like man?

I don't know. Maybe....

"By the way your blushing, I'll consider it a yes," he gave me a cheshire cat grin.

I'm blushing?!

Now that he said, I could feel the scorching heat rush through my face to my ears making me feel hot all over. The funniest thing was, I couldn't utter a single word while he continued speaking.

"We had held hands already. As for the kiss..." his voice trailed as he leaned closer. Daniel held my face with one of his palm while his other hand still rested on the door behind me. He was inching closer and closer...

Thump. Thump. Thump.

There my heart started to beat it's melancholy again.

I felt as if I have been rooted to the spot or better yet I didn't want to move. What in the world is wrong with me?

Daniel's face was deatly close to mine. Our bodies pressed up against each other. His lips barely brushed against mine when I heard a loud knock behind me making me snap out of my haze as I pushed Daniel away from me. Even he seemed to be shocked as if he couldn't believe what he was about to do. Glad to know, I wasn't the only one who got carried away in the spur of the moment.

Looking anywhere but me, Daniel gently scurried me away from the door all the while avoiding eye-contact and twisted the door handle to receive the person on the other side.

"What?!" I flinched at the the high-pitched tone of his voice as well as the maid who knocked on the door looked as if she would cry in fear.

"Mas-master... Queen Ariel and her family are back and you- have- a visitor who...wishes to speak to you," the poor soul stuttered while Daniel continued giving her a hard look.

"Who the heck is the person?" He inquired the maid with a scathing voice. His mood seemed to be really gloomy.

I rolled my eyes at his sudden mood swing. Daniel's really unpredictable. Just a few seconds ago he was flirting and acting all cocky and now he's rude again?

Wait, we were about to...

I placed my hands on cheeks as I feel them heating up again. If the maid wouldn't have interrupted, would we....

I don't know whether to be happy or sad about the interruption....

Are you out of your mind, Ariana?! What are you thinking?! You're nuts, seriously!

Even Daniel seemed surprised by what he did then why are you floating in the air?

My train of thoughts vanished out of the window when the maid said the visitor's name.

"Alpha Anthony Gonzalez, your highness."

Why is he here?

Daniel gave a single nod, "I'll be there in a moment. Until then, keep an eye on him."

Giving one last bow, the maid rushed away as if her soul depended on that. I stood rooted to the spot as Daniel shut the door.

Suddenly, it felt really awkward to look him in the eye. I stared at the tiled floor as if it was the most interesting thing on the planet. I heard Daniel clear his throat before speaking,

"Carla doesn't know the truth about our marriage. She believes we married because we like each other. I would appreciate it if you let it be that way. I don't want her to be involved in the kingdom's conflicts. She's still young and naive. I and Ariel have the royal powers as a protection but Carla is a half-royalblood so she isn't as powerful as us. On a closer note, I didn't wanted her to worry about all this. She had already gone through a lot after her mother's deceit and betrayal. She's changed tremendously for the better since then. I and Ariel thought it would be best to keep her away from the court matters where people would search for chances to stoop her low. So, I just want you to act out like we're close in front of Carla. I'll tell her the truth when the time is right."

I nodded my head in understanding finally mustering the courage to look up at him. There he was avoiding gazes just like me. His gaze landed on mine for a fraction of minute before he quickly looked away.

I get it. He's concerned about his sister. Even if Carla is Daniel's step-sister, he still cares for her as much he cares for Ariel. The fact itself makes my heart warm. He really has a good and loving heart.

Then why does he even act so cold in front of others?

"I understand," I said since he didn't see me nodding.

"Very well. I...have a few things to look after. Until then, suit yourself. Okay, bye," he said all to quickly and exited the room. The door closing with a thud behind him.

I stared at the closed mahagony door for a while and sighed. How did things turn out so awkward between us all of a sudden?

Daniel's POV

Ugh....

What was I thinking?!

How could I let my walls down so much that I didn't have any control of what I was doing? She seemed so shocked.

I must have lost it back then. How could I get carried away so much that I was about to kiss her. And this is not the first time.

Oddly so, I don't even regret it.

This is stupid. Very very stupid.

"What's wrong with you, Daniel?!" I groaned raking a hand through my messy hair.

I didn't realise, I was already in front of the study door where Anthony was waiting. I glanced around and saw few of the servants and maids staring at me like I'm the clown in a circus.

"What are you looking at?! Do your work!" I commanded harshly before opening the door to the study and striding in.

My eyes observed the people in front of me. Ariel smiled sweetly the moment she spotted me. I smiled back and my sight glided over to the other person who was already observing me with his calculating eyes.

Alpha Anthony Gonzalez.

The man had his own sinister smile plastered on his face. The type of smile that holds hundreds of secrets within them. He was sitting regally on the couch dressed in a crisp black suit as he took a puff of the cigar he held between his index finger and middle finger. Something about this man never seemed right to me. It must be that evil glint in his eyes or the way he spoke. He doesn't give me good vibes is all.

"Long time no see, Daniel Rodriguez -oh sorry- your highness," Anthony spoke breaking the ice.

"Good evening to you too, Anthony. How do I own the pleasure of meeting you? Or have you decided to accept the truce already?" I asked hitting the nail.

I didn't enjoy this man's presence to the least. It would be best if we get over with this so called meeting the sooner the better.

"You know me well, my prince. I wanted to let you know I'll be accepting the truce in front of the court by the end of the month that is a week from now," he concluded with that same sinister smile.

"Very well. I'm glad you've finally realised your mistake."

An evil smirk made it's way onto his lips, "What should say, I never regret anything. As for the truce, I hope you know the other conditions."

Other conditions?

What is he talking about?

Anthony got up from the couch and walked over to Ariel. Taking Ariel by surprise, Anthony bowed down a bit, took hold of her hand and kissed the back of her hand.

"You're always so pretty, my queen. I'll take my leave now that we're settled with the matter," he says stepping back while I clench my fists in anger.

How dare he touch my sister!

"Say my hello to princess Carla. I heard she's back." Anthony gives a smirk before walking towards me.

Just as he's beside me, he places a hand on my shoulder. I want to pry his hands of off me but I hold back my will. These kind of people just want to get a reaction out of you so that later they can stab you in your back. It's best if you act like you don't care.

Giving my shoulder a squeeze, he whispers, "You have beautiful sisters, Daniel. Take care of them. You never know who'll be the prey to others games."

Before I could break his neck for even mentioning my sisters, he backed away and strided out of the study. Coward!

My jaw set in a firm line as I clenched my fists tighter.

Who the hell does he think he is?

"He doesn't give me good vibes," Ariel muttered.

I released my clenched fists and looked at her, "The feeling's mutual."

Ariel smiled at my reply before a frown settled on her face, "Danny?"

"Yes."

"You know what he means by other conditions, right?"

I tilted my head in confusion. What other conditions? However her next words made me frozen to the spot.

"You have to let Ariana go back to Anthony."

_________

Boring chapter? I know.

The next chapter will be updated on Thursday or Friday^^

By the way, there's a party on the hook. You might even meet few of 'The Vampire King's Mate's cast;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 33.5K 37
A N A M A Z O N B E S T S E L L E R ORIGINALLY 27.2M READS ON WATTPAD! SAMPLE OF DRAFT MANUSCRIPT - 70%. OFFICIALLY PUBLISHED: 20th November...
19K 953 32
Book 6 -: Royal Monsters Series ─━━━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━━━─ Born as a Mafia Princess, raised by a hard-hearted brother , I've never seen happiness for real...
497K 13.3K 42
The fate of a not so human king and a definitely human girl became entangled in a single meeting. A teenage girl from the 21st century somehow ended...
14.9K 671 33
What happens when a vampire princess is mated to an Alpha Werewolf? Many things could go wrong, many secrets could be revealed, and everyone knows...