Pelican ยป Zarry โœ…

By itsZaynAndhaRRY

(Book 3 to sHe) Life seems perfect until Zayn goes missing. It's up to Harry to bring him home. CEO Harry Sty... More

Pelican
๐Ÿ•ต O n e
๐Ÿ•ต T w o
๐Ÿ•ต T h r e e
๐Ÿ•ต F o u r
๐Ÿ•ต F i v e
๐Ÿ•ต S i x
๐Ÿ•ต S e v e n
๐Ÿ•ต E i g h t
๐Ÿ•ต T e n
๐Ÿ•ต E l e v e n
๐Ÿ•ต T w e l v e
๐Ÿ•ต T h i r t e e n
๐Ÿ•ต F o u r t e e n
๐Ÿ•ต F i f t e e n
๐Ÿ•ต S i x t e e n
๐Ÿ•ต S e v e n t e e n
๐Ÿ•ต E i g h t e e n
๐Ÿ•ต N i n t e e n
๐Ÿ•ต T w e n t y
๐Ÿ•ต T w e n t y O n e
๐Ÿ•ต T w e n t y T w o
๐Ÿ•ต T w e n t y T h r e e
๐Ÿ•ต T w e n t y F o u r
๐Ÿ•ต T w e n t y F i v e
๐Ÿ•ต T w e n t y S i x
๐Ÿ•ต T w e n t y S e v e n
Thank You. โ™ก

๐Ÿ•ต N i n e

666 55 17
By itsZaynAndhaRRY

The door to the shed opened and in walked kelly in a pink raincoat.

Zayn had been staring at the wall in front of him, listening to the rain and wondering if there was some way to break these cuffs and get out of here. This was no way to live. Not only was his arm so uncomfortable from being held up by cuffs, but he had been served plain scrambled eggs again which he puked up due to the sufficating humidity from the heat and rain. The sweat was pouring from his body and he was incredibly thirsty right now. He needed to get out of here but so far there was no way out. The only way out was the same way his kidnappers came in.

"I'm supposed to come and check on you." Kelly said quietly. "Do you need a bottle or jar?"

Zayn faced her. "No."

"How are you feeling? I mean... after you threw up everything you ate earlier."

"Hot and thirsty."

"Right. Well... okay."

When the silence became awkward, she just turned on her heels and left the shed. She didn't close the door or lock it behind her, but Zayn wasn't complaining. This was the most daylight he'd seen in a while and on top of that, a small breeze was blowing in.

After about ten minutes, Kelly came back again. But this time she wasn't empty handed. There was a paper cup in one hand and a packaged granola bar in the other hand.

"She sat that on the rolling table and wheeled it over to Zayn.

"Here."

Zayn was so confused. "What?"

"Here. Eat and a drink this. You need it."

She was gesturing at him but he did not make a move. What kind of game was she playing? Did Rod send her here to trick him?

"Why do you want me to eat that?" He asked curiously. "Is it poisoned?"

She shook her head. "No. It isn't poisoned. I just thought you would need something on your stomach after you threw up earlier."

Zayn was still confused. This didn't make any sense.

"But you're holding me captive."

"I know."

"So why are you being nice?"

She put her hands behind her back. "I still believe you shouldn't have to starve. So you should go on and eat and drink. Or else I'll have to take it back before I get in trouble."

When he heard those words, he thought about something she told him yesterday. She told him not to be afraid of her because she didn't want to hurt him. At the time, he didn't fully believe her. After all, how could it be possible not to want to hurt someone she'd kidnapped? But she backed it up by bringing him something to eat and drink today. Maybe she wasn't that sort of person.

He slowly sat up and opened the granola bar package with his teeth. There was a layer of chocolate on top and when he took one bite into it, a thought came to mind.

"Rod must not be here." He said quietly.

"Who?"

"Rod. The man who has the gun and makes the phone calls."

"Oh." She exhaled nervously. "He left to buy something at the store."

"Oh."

"But. He'll be back soon, so..."

Zayn ate that granola bar in three large bites. Then he chased it with water. He was shocked to find that the water was actually cold. It also wasn't tap water. It was clean, filtered water. And it was so refreshing.

"Do you know my family?" Zayn asked.

She shook her head. "Only from the magazines."

"You've read both of them?"

"Only one. The first one. When it was just you and Harry. No kids."

"Oh."

She picked up the cup and stuffed the granola package in it. "But I have heard about your family. How nice you are and how Harry has turned around."

"Yes. He has. Harry is very different from what he used to be."

She twisted her mouth sideways and Zayn furrowed his brow. "You seem like a really good girl, Kelly. Was this even your idea?"

She smiled sadly. "No. It was his idea."

"Then why did you bump into me at the coffee shop?"

It took her a moment to respond. "I was supposed to bump into you and start a conversation. Distract you. But... I messed it up. I left before I could even really start because I was so nervous."

Zayn didn't know why but even though he was the one who had been kidnapped, he felt sorry for her. She clearly had no idea what she was doing. Rod definitely had to be the one to put her up to that coffee shop accident.

"You know you can always do the right thing, don't you? You can let me go right now." He said. And he knew he was pushing it but those were limits he could test when he was dealing with someone who didn't want to hurt him.

"I can't."

"Of course you can. It's never too late to do the right thing. Imagine if you were me. Imagine if you were taken from your family, cuffed to a bed, then given eggs in the morning and rice at night along with two small cups of water to drink in this summer heat with no air. I'm dehydrated right now. And my arm is killing me."

She nodded. "I know."

"So let me go."

"No. I can't. I wasn't even supposed to give you the granola bar and water. I only did that to be nice. But letting you go... That's different and I can't do it. I'm sorry."

She pushed the table away from him, then left the shed. This time, she closed the door and locked it behind her.

Once again, Zayn was all alone in the dim room. He appreciated her kindness in bringing him a granola bar and something cold to drink. But if he had a choice, he would rather be out there starving and dehydrated than in here.

* * *

Amos and Harry walked in the door at exactly five past seven. Marie was gone but Hannah was obviously still there with the children.

"Let me get the kids in bed first. Then I'll be back there." Harry said.

"Sure."

While Amos went off to his bedroom with the yellow pad, Harry went in search of Hannah and the children. He found them in the playroom.

"Pa!" Charlie came running over to him.

"Hi. What are you up to?"

"Read."

"Oh yeah? That's fun." He picked him up and put him on his hip. He couldn't believe he was forcing a smile for his own children but he had to do it if he didn't want them to know how much he was hurting inside.

"They've already been fed." Hannah said as she put the book they were reading away.

"Thank you. I really appreciate it."

"You're welcome."

"And I'm sorry I'm a little late I thought I'd be back before seven but I guess not."

"That's fine. I didn't have any plans tonight anyway."

"Great. Well, I guess I'll see you monday?"

"Absolutely."

"And don't worry about cleaning up after them, I'll do it."

"You're sure?"

"Yes. I'm sure. You have a good night."

She was slightly confused by the way he was in a hurry to say that. It felt like he was rushing her out. But she didn't say anything. She only collected her things and left.

Fifty minutes later, Charlie and Nema were in bed and Harry and Amos were on the couch in his bedroom with the door locked again. They'd just finished going over the phone call precedure again, to refresh Harry's memory.

"You've got two minutes now. Take a deep breath and get your thoughts together."

Harry did. "I'm still nervous."

"I know. That's normal."

"I need Zayn back."

"I know that too."

Getting his thoughts together was helpful in calming him. But as soon as the phone rang, he tensed.

"Calm." Amos whisperd.

He answered the phone and put it on speaker. "Hello?"

"Hello, Harry. Have you got our money?"

"Yes but-"

"All of it?"

"Yes. All of it. But I'm not giving it to you until I talk to Zayn."

"Again?"

"Yes. I want to know that he's still alive."

"Fucking bullshit." He heard but then it was quiet again.

A moment later. Zayn's voice was heard.

"Harry."

"Zayn. I'm here, baby."

"I'm scared."

"I know. Me too. But I'm trying my best to get you back. I just have to make sure that it's you. Tell me something only you and I would know."

There was a short pause. "I got you coffee on Monday."

Harry frowned. "Zayn. I said tell me something I don't already know. Tell me something new."

"I got you coffee on Monday." He repeated.

"Zayn, I'm being serious. This is your life that's involved. Don't you understand?"

"I got you coffee, Harry."

"Zayn!"

There was no reply. Instead, the distorted male's voice returned. "Hey! He said he got you coffee!"

"But he already said that."

"Well he said it again. So that's it. You got your proof of life. Now here's what I want. Keep the money you already have safe. Tomorrow, the bank is closed. So you'll have to wait until Monday. On Monday, choose a different bank than the two previous banks and withdraw eight thousand three hundred in cash."

Once again, Harry was floored. "More money?"

"At exactly eight p.m. on Monday, you will receive another call for further instruction. Don't put your husband's life in danger by disobeying me."

"Are you serious?"

But the line disconnected right away. Harry jumped up from the couch.

"Is he fucking serious?!"

Amos had been adding up the numbers on the sheet. "Um..."

"How much money is that? How much would that be?!"

"Twenty four thousand, one hundred. Still not a whole number."

Harry angrily paced the room now. "I don't believe this! Money, money and more money!"

"To be fair, I did say their demand was odd, Harry. Perhaps they're prolonging Zayn's kidnapping by asking for it in chunks until they reach their total."

"And what is their total?! One hundred thousand? Five hundred thousand? Two million?" He pulled at the hair on his head. "I've pissed off no one. I haven't made anyone angry. Why torture me and Zayn? Why not ask for it all at once and give me my husband back? They know I've got it! Eight thousand here, six thousand here. At this rate, it could take months to get him back! I'm going to eventually run out of banks to visit!"

Suddenly, Amos stood up from the couch looking as if he'd just gotten an idea. "That's it."

He stopped pacing to look at him. "What?"

"You're right. That is the question."

"What is the question?"

"Why not ask for it all at once? Why go through all of this and prolong it?" He waved a finger at him. "It's simple. It's all about the bank withdrawals."

"What?"

"Listen. Whenever you make large cash withdrawals over ten thousand, you usually get a letter in the mail asking for an explanation on why you needed so much money. For security purposes, you know."

"Okay."

"As long as he keeps your cash withdrawals under ten thousand, he doesn't run the risk of you having to explain the reason for them. It's also why he keeps sending you to different banks each time. If you continue going to the same bank and making large cash withdrawals, the tellers there might get suspicious. This just confirms everything I've been saying. You're dealing with someone who knows what he's doing."

"Like that he's done this before?"

"No. I'm saying he's done his homework on every part of this scheme."

Harry scoffed and shook his head. "So let's say he does want anywhere from one hundred thousand to a million. Does this mean I have to put on this facade for my friends and family for the next one to five months and expect them to actually believe it?"

Amos answered honestly. "I don't know."

"You don't know?"

"No. I told you. We don't ever know everything and on top of that, this situation is rare. Kidnapping people for roughly eight thousand a day? It's unheard of."

"Until now!"

"Well yes."

"So what does it mean for Zayn's chances? What are the kidnappers intentions after all of this is over if it ever is over?! What about my husband?! Give me some answers!"

"I'm trying! There is only so much I can do without an official investigation!"

"But we can't do that and you know why!"

Amos raised his hands up and let them fall. "Yes, I know why. And I'm doing the best I can. But we don't have anything to go on. Nothing. And I can't do anything more than suggest you follow their instructions and buy us time."

"Time for what?!"

"To get to Zayn. Maybe we'll figure out where they're keeping him before he gets all his money. You never know."

Harry covered his eyes and started to cry. After a moment, he shook his head in shame. "I'm sorry."

"Why?"

"Because I know I'm putting a lot of pressure on you. I don't mean to holler at you. I'm just stressed. The last time I cried like this, it was when my mom died. And I don't mean to compare the two. But not having him feels just like it. And I don't like it."

Amos came over and pulled him into a hug. "Hey. It's okay. You don't have to apologize or explain what you feel. I'm not upset. I understand why you feel you have to do this. That's why I'm helping you. And I will continue to help you because you're my friend."

Harry reached up and squeezed Amos' shoulder. "Will you stay?"

"Stay? What do you mean?"

"Stay here. Tonight and maybe a few more nights. With me and the kids."

"Harry... I don't have any clothes. I can't stay tonight."

"So go and get them and come back."

Amos made Harry stand up and look at him now. "Harry. Listen to me."

"What?"

He really wanted to tell him he couldn't stay and make Zayn's absence look even more suspicious. But that pitiful look and those puffy eyes made it almost impossible to reject him. "Fine. I'll bring a few sets of clothes and stay for a few days. Till this weekend is up. After that, I have to go back to work on Monday. So I'm going home again.

"That's fine."

"Good." He tossed the yellow pad down on Harry's bed. "Choose one of your guest bedrooms for me to sleep in and I'll be back in an hour."

"Okay."

When Amos left, Harry rushed to his children's rooms to see if they were sleeping. They were. They had no idea what their fathers were going through. And if Harry could keep it that way, that was exactly what he wanted to do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.2K 857 53
"Just let me go!" She screamed as the cold chains dug into her skin. "No can do princess, you're in our world now." Zayn said darkly with a evil smir...
4.1K 248 20
Liam Payne and Zayn Malik are paid to kidnap people for their boss Niall Horan. Their adopted son Louis wasn't meant to be a part of it, until Niall...
158K 4.1K 61
He was all seven of the deadly sins Harry Styles, a father of two twin girls, runs the most dangerous, well-known cartel, respected by many. Feeling...
6.6K 45 33
~COMPLETE~ A girl gets kidnapped. 5years later she gets out of there. But, Who does she run into? Who saves her? Who are her new best friends? What i...