Star Crossed Lovers RagLak

By Live_Till_It_Hurts

RagLak Money. Brother. Power. Those were all he needed. Those were all he valued. But then...then came she... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter-V
Chapter-VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter-XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII

Chapter X

378 58 68
By Live_Till_It_Hurts

Good evening. 🌸
Won't chitchat much. Let's move on to the chapter.

Moving on...💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 10 - Asking for her Hand

'Breathe in, breathe out. Breath in, breathe out.' Laksh practiced, trying to calm himself. 'Breathe in, bre-'

"Hi!"

"Oh my goodness!" Laksh exclaimed, jumping out of his seat. "The heck Sanskar?! Why would you scare me like that?! You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Hahaha...! Sorry bro. But I couldn't resist." Sanskar patted his back. "Stop freaking out. You'll do great!"

"I don't know Sanskar. I'm so nervous. What if...what if I mess up?"

"You won't. Just eat yourself!"

"What if I stumble on the carpet?! What if I spill water when I drink? What if I laugh out too loud like a chihuahua?!"

"Chihuahua? Seriously bro?"

"What if my voice doesn't come outprooerly and I squeak like a chipmunk?"

"Well, I don't know about Ragini's mum. But I sure am getting irritated to the core by your irrational fears." Sanskar grit out. "Bhai, you've met her mother many a times. You've even visited their home! Then why are you so nervous? Only difference is that you're going to ask for Ragini's hand today, which is something we all know you would do one day or the other! Her mother knows it too!"

Laksh glared and pointed a finger at him. "I'll remember each and every word you said and repeat them when you'll go to ask Swara's hand. Mind my words!" Laksh huffed out and went to look himself once more in the mirror. "I can do this. I can do this. I'm a man! I'm a man!"

"Yes Laksh. That's the spirit!" Adarsh cheered, coming into the new apartment that Laksh and Sanskar were renting. It was their new home away from their gang's layer.

It had been a month since Laksh began his new business, while Sanskar continued with his studies in university.
With his contacts, Adarsh managed to get him into a firm. To say Laksh had good commercial and communication skills would be an understatement. He was a natural!

As time flew by, Laksh was getting used to living like a normal worker. It wasn't easy, but he was adjusting.

He was learing not to directly punch someone if they spoke rudely to him.

He was learning to use words instead of guns as immediate threat.

He was learning not to call people idiots directly to their faces, but show fake care.

All in all, he was doing good. There weren't much many people in the office that troubled him. He didn't face many problems which even old employees couldn't avoid. Maybe he was that adaptable that he was able to get along so smoothly with everyone.

Or maybe it was the fact that he had knocked out a guy who was trying to bully him with a punch on the first day of his work.

*flashback*

"Laksh! You shouldn't have done that!"

"And he can bully me? How's that fair?!"

"Laksh, that is an office. New employees are often demanded their names by the seniors. It's no big of a deal!"

"I don't know about you Adarsh, but it is to me. No one tries to con a conman."

"Ugh! From now on, you'll avoid going to such extremes.

"Extremes? I let him go easily. Good thing I didn't have my gun."

"YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ANYONE!"

"What about taking a gun to office just to scare them for fun?"

"No. Laksh. No!" Adarsh shouted. He thanked his year of training to be calm in hazardous situations for being able to avoid hiring Laksh. "Damn it! You'll give me grey hairs at this rate!" 😵

"Fine fine. Stop shouting! Do you have to shout so much? It's not like I proposed something so deadly."

Adarsh had to remind himself that Laksh was a friend so he didn't shoot him. "Laksh...you do realize you suggested taking a gun to office. For normal people, that is a midlife crisis!"

"Say, what about a knife to scare them than?"

"Somebody shoot this guy!"

*flashback end*

Adarsh sweat dropped. 'Somethings won't change I guess.' Adarsh shook himself of his thoughts.

Nevertheless, he could see that everything was going good for Laksh. Laksh was doing fine.

That is until Ragini asked him to talk to her mother about their marriage.

Thus, here he was, standing in front of the mirror trying to calm his nerves.

Laksh smiled at his reflection in confidence. However, it soon deflated. "No no no. I can't do it."

"Yes you can. You're a man!"

"No, I'm only a boy. I'm only a boy. I'm still yet to be a real man!"

"Ahaha...male pride crash and burned!" Sanskar guffawed at his brother's antics.

Adarsh shook his head in disbelief. "Never in my whole entire life did I think there would be a day when I would see the great don Laksh Maheshwari cower like a new born kitten." Adarsh came forward and pulled Laksh away by the ear.

"Ow! Ow! Hey let go! I demand you let go of my ear! Adarsh?! Adarsh! Come on please let go!"

"I'm dropping you at Ragini's house where you will ask for Ragini's hand to her mum. Then, you'll marry her after a week and bring bhabi home."

"Wait a minute! A week?"

"Yep! I already talked with the pandit for a good date."

"But...but..."

"Stop stuttering out 'but's. If you don't quit your irrational fear, then Ragini will eventually get bored of you and leave for another. Someone who doesn't become a kitten in front of her mother."

"What?!"

Adarsh smirked at his horrified face. "Yes. Maybe her mother is even searching for better grooms since you're taking ages to ask for Ragini's hand."

"No! She's mine!"

"Then make up your damn mind!"

"Fine. I'll ask for her hand today." Laksh spoke with a determined face. "I will. Even if..." he gulped. "Even if it's the last thing I do on earth."

Adarsh rolled his eyes. "You're going to ask Ragini's hand for marriage. Not to fight World War III."

"Yeah well...shut up!" Laksh huffed out.

Sanskar chuckled and followed them outside. 'I hope he doesn't end up doing something idiotic. More than that I hope I don't end up like him when I ask Swara's hand.'

As they got inside the car, Laksh could feel his heart's 'ba-bump's in his ears out of fear.

"Laksh, your face looks like its constipated. Hahaha...!" Sanskar joked, getting inside the car and seating himself in the back seat.

"Don't worry so much. We'll be right there sitting beside as you talk to Ragini and her mom." Adarsh consoled, starting the car.

Sanskar chuckled. "Yeah bro. We'll be right there to laugh at every clumsy you make. Maybe Swara will even join in our laughter session."

"Mark my words Sanskar. I'll remember everything you're putting me through when you'll go to ask for Swara's hand. Mark my words!"

And so, he went to Shramishtha to ask Ragini's hand for marriage.

Later...

Both he and Ragini held their breaths as Shramishtha kept looking from one to another with a grim face. Laksh had just finished his confession and asked for Ragini's hand in marriage the most 'gentlemanly' way possible.

Laksh had half a mind to shout at Shramishtha. He was sweating profusely. 'Break the suspense already! I'm freaking dying from anxiety!'

Finally, she nodded and smiled at them. "I don't think I can ever get a better son-in-law than Laksh. Of course I'm willing to give my daughter's hand in yours." Shramishtha stood up and brought Ragini closer to Laksh.

At once, Ragini and Laksh's face broke out into bright smiles. They couldn't be more happy.

Swara and Sanskar gave each other a thumbs up in the background. Finally, their siblings were going to get married.

Laksh stood up and looked at Shramishtha gratefully. "Shramishtha Maa, I promise you. I'll never make you regret your decision. I'll always keep Ragini happy. I'll value her more than my own life!"

"That's all I ask beta." Shramishtha spoke as she blessed them while they bent to touch her feet.

"Congratulations!" Sanskar exclaimed, unable to contain his excitement any longer. "This calls for a celebration. Swara, let's get sweets from the kitchen!"

"Yes! Let's!"

Swara and Sanskar ran towards the kitchen like overjoyed kids.

The rest of them shook their heads at the youngest ones and sat down to discuss the dates and preparations.

Laksh smiled as he saw everyone's happy faces. Seeing all his loved ones happy is all he asks for.

However, he noticed in alarm that Adarsh was missing.

Laksh looked around for him and spotted him outside. He seemed to be talking to someone. "Um...excuse me please." Laksh excused himself and headed towards the front porch. As he neared Adarsh, he could hear a tension in his voice.

"But that's risky! When did...what?! And you didn't inform me?! Why couldn't...no! Don't involve Laksh in this. He's out of all this!"

"Involve me in what?"

Adarsh's eyes widened as he heard Laksh's voice. Abruptly he cut the call and looked back. "Laksh, what are you doing here? You should be inside asking Shramishtha aun-"

"I did. She said yes."

A big smile broke on Adarsh's face. "Congratulations Laksh!" Adarsh came forward to hug him.

Laksh hugged him back, but quivkly broke it. Adarsh tried to pat him on the arm, but Laksh stopped him. "First tell me why did you cut the call when you heard me approach? And why did you sound so troubled?"

Adarsh tried to smile like nothing was wrong. "It's nothing Laksh. Just some small arguments among gangs. Leave it."

"No! You aren't someone to get irked so easily. This is big."

"It's nothing dude. Let go!"

"I'm still your boss, no matter what! Tell me."

Adarsh placed a hand on his shoulder, looking at him in apology. "I won't tell you, I'm sorry. You're out of the criminal world Laksh. You've got to worry about Ragini and a future with her. Not to mention a better future for Sanskar and his higher studies. Heed my advice. Please stay out of this. You're out. Now don't come back into this web."

Laksh smacked off his hand in anger. "So what?! You and my gang members are still family to me! I can't and won't stand here without helping while all of you are in trouble!"

"Lak-"

"Don't even try to talk me out of this! I'm not backing down!"

"Arre...what ate your both doing outside? Your brother will finish everything if you don't come in soon." Shramishtha informed, coming near.

Adarsh took the interruption as an opportunity to escape from Laksh's unending questions. "That bhukar Sanskar! I'm coming aunty!"

"Adarsh! Adarsh?!" before Laksh could stop him, he ran inside without looking back.

"Laksh, come on. Let's go join them. You'll like the food I made. I'm sure."

"Coming Maa." Laksh smiled to hide his worry and came near her. "Thank you for agreeing to let Ragini marry me."

"Why wouldn't I? I'm lucky to get such a cultured and well-mannered gentleman as my Ragini's future husband and my son-in-law."

Laksh faked a grin, but he felt utterly guilty in his heart. Laksh hated lying to Ragini and her family about his truth. However, he consoled himself with the thought that it won't matter in the end. He had already left the criminal world of dons and has changed for the better.

'I'm a changed man now. My past is just that...my past. I need not tell Ragini about it since I won't get back to that life.' nodding to himself, he headed inside with a genuine smile.

However, he should have known that no one can escape from their past.

What you do in the past will come back to haunt you one day or the other.

One may try to hide it, forget it, try to bury it under a mountain and throw it into the ocean.

However, it will come and find one in the most unexpected of times.

In this world, no matter how much you try to run from the truth, it always reveals itself...sometimes in the most bitter way possible.

**********************************
To be continued...

Votes and comments much appreciated.
~ 🌹 Mona 🌹

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 6.6K 40
A raglak Fanfiction based on swaragini serial track ( Fake love). If laksh left ragini after faking his love. how ragini lived and where? He didn...
57.7K 2.1K 28
Well Friends as I am unable to write and post My FFs so i thought to post my one of Best Friend's FF here......The whole credit of this FF goes to My...
89.1K 4.5K 29
A business marriage of RagLak, reveals secrets around Ragini's family. How the love of a man can change the life of an unfortunate woman
195K 6.4K 29
This is a swasan story It starts from the 6 month leap when laksh returned But there is twist in tale that is Sanskar never forgive Swara and decided...