Back To The Start (One Tree H...

By SimonaLisa8

"I wish you had been there [in high school] for real. My life would have been so much better." Brooke to Juli... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44

Chapter 30

101 0 0
By SimonaLisa8

Julian's POV

Although I had been reluctant to leave Brooke alone in her condition, it had also been important to me to look for my mother. At first, I called my father's office, who had just been in a meeting and couldn't answer my call. My next stop was the airport. But she hadn't been on the airport grounds or registered as a passenger on any of the airlines. I could have reported my car as stolen or missing, but I didn't want to involve the police. But if I wouldn't find her soon, I'd have to call them whether I liked it or not. Frustrated and tired, I sat back in Brooke's car and wondered where she might have gone. Finally I started the engine and drove off. I had no particular goal in mind when I turned onto the road that led to our former home. And there I saw my car, which was parked on the street and then my mother, who sat on the steps in front of the house, with her head lowered. I steered Brooke's car to the side, turned off the engine, and jumped out. She raised her head and looked at me startled as she recognized me. I quickened my pace to be with her faster. "Thank God I found you! Are you okay?" I gasped, pulling her up and hugging her when I had reached her.

"Julian, what... what are you doing here?" She stammered in surprise.

"I was looking for you," I said, hugging her again. "Brooke told me you just ran away. I was so worried!"

She took a step back and pointed to the house. "Did you know it's for sale?"

I followed her gaze with a frown, then shook my head. "No, I didn't know that."

"Your dad told me when he picked me up from the airport," she said quietly. "I called the estate agent right away and asked him to make a reservation for me. I wanted to buy it for you, because I thought Brooke's house would soon be too small for all of you."

"You wanted to give us the house as gift?" I asked, looking at her in disbelief. "Why?"

"Because I thought I could make up for what I did to you," she confessed softly and then lowered her head. "But I didn't know at the time how much Brooke hates me."

I shook my head. "She doesn't hate you. She is just... "

"Yes, she does, Julian," she interrupted. "She made that very clear today. And you know what? I'm not even mad. She has good reasons why she feels that way. I was just too selfish to see it."

I raised my head and looked at her surprised. That my mother admitted her faults was exceptional.

"Is it true what she told me?" She asked after a few seconds of silence.

"I don't know what Brooke told you," I said, frowning questioningly.

"She told me that you still have nightmares when you remember how you found me lifeless in the bathtub."

Shocked, I held my breath. I couldn't believe Brooke had told her that! That I didn't answer right away seemed to be proof enough for her.

"So it's true." She buried her face in her hands and groaned. "She was right about everything, wasn't she?"

I could see regret, guilt, and despair in her eyes as she looked at me, and I felt a stab in my heart. I knew Brooke had a reason to be mad. But seeing my mother so desperate almost broke my heart. I put my arms around her, pulling her closer. "You were sick back then," I said softly. "You said a lot of things when you were drunk and high on pills that you didn't mean."

"Yeah, you know that, but does Brooke know that too?" She asked desperately. "Believe me, Julian, I just came to help you. But maybe it will be better if I leave and go back to L.A."

I looked at her startled. "You want to leave Tree Hill again? But what about your wish to be closer to your family again? You wanted to become a part of our lives. You can't just leave!"

"Maybe you want me to become part of your life, but Brooke obviously doesn't want that," she said, smiling sadly.

"You two should talk. And that's what we're going to do now." I grabbed her hand and pulled her over to my car. "Give me the car keys!"

"What are you doing?" She asked suspiciously as she rummaged the keys out of her pocket.

"Get in!" I opened the door and waited for her to get in.

"Julian, where are we going?"

I could see how nervous she was. "We're going back to the hospital. You're going to talk to Brooke now. And in the meantime I'm standing at the door and wait until you and her have finished your discussion. I won't let you go until the two of you have talked."

"That's ridiculous!" She gasped, shaking her head. "What's the point of that? She made it clear that she doesn't wish to see me again."

I turned to her and looked at her with a serious expression. "I saw Brooke's reaction when she thought you could have hurt yourself. She was really scared. That's why she called me right away and asked me to look for you. I'm sorry for what she told you. It's probably the hormones." I rolled my eyes. "Normally she isn't that harsh and emotional. And she had regretted her words the moment you left the room. I wouldn't force the two of you to speak to each other again if I didn't believe that there is still hope for you to get along."

"You believe she can forgive me for what I did to her years ago?" She asked doubtfully.

I nodded. "Yes, I believe that. Can you forgive her?" For a moment, she looked at me thoughtfully.

"Her only sin was falling in love with my son," she said quietly. "And I'm really happy about it." She smiled suddenly. "I couldn't have wished for a better woman for you. Brooke is not only pretty, but also intelligent, confident and courageous. I wouldn't have had the courage to face my mother-in-law in the past. But I know why she did it." She took a deep breath. "She did it out of love for you. And since we love you both, maybe we should try to get along with each other, than argue."

Her words had affected me, and I struggled to hold back tears. Was it really possible that the two women I loved most in this world would come to an agreement?

"Julian? Are you dreaming? I thought we wanted to drive to the hospital."

I blinked a few times to get a clear view again and then started the engine and drove off.

Brooke's POV

In the hospital

The wait was unnerving. Julian had promised to call me immediately when he had found his mother. But hours had passed since then, without receiving any message from him. Gradually, I had become really worried. I blamed myself for what had happened. If something bad had happened to Sylvia, Julian would never forgive me. I picked up the phone again and called his cell phone. But even as the few times before, I only got his voicemail. "Damn, Julian," I said loudly into the room. "Where the hell are you and why don't you answer my calls?" As if through transmission of thought, the door suddenly opened and he stood in front of me. I had to force myself to stay in bed, even though I wanted nothing more than to jump out of it and throw myself into his arms. "Where have you been?" I exclaimed. "You wanted to call me. Did you find your mother?"

"Oh yes, I forgot there is someone who wants to visit you," he said, scratching his head thoughtfully as he walked back to the door and opened it again.

I couldn't stay in bed anymore when I saw who my visitor was. I threw back the blanket, cautiously got out of bed and took a few steps towards her. We just looked at each other for a moment before I put my arms around her. And I was relieved when I noticed that she hugged me back. For a moment, we forgot about the quarrel we had before. And as she pulled me closer, I let it go and leaned my head against her shoulder. "I... I'm so sorry," I stammered. "What I said was unfair and cruel. I know that you would do nothing that could harm Julian. He told me how sick you were back then."

"It's okay," she said quietly, taking a step back. "I'm not blaming you. It was your right to be mad at me. I said a lot and did many things that I feel sorry for today. I gave a shit of other people's feelings, especially Julian's. I wanted to bind him to me because I was afraid to be alone. That's why I forced my son to go to L.A with me. He was the only one left. And I didn't realize how much he suffered." She looked at Julian. "I am so sorry! I would like to make amends if you let me."

That was my keyword. I cleared my throat. "You can help us," I said, quickly exchanging glances with Julian. "You can move in with us and take care of me." I had to smile when I saw her surprised expression. "That's why you came here in the first place, didn't you?"

She nodded. "And you're really sure that you want me to live with you?" She asked skeptically.

"Absolutely." I went to Julian and snuggled into his arms. "We both want it. And you were right, I can't do it alone when I'm on bed rest. I need help."

"Apropos 'bed rest'," Julian interjected, shoving me gently back to the bed while he looked at me with raised eyebrows. "Who allowed you to get up? I remember the doctor said something about 'strict bed rest'."

I crawled back into my bed and rolled my eyes. "That was only a few minutes," I defended myself.

"Everything settled between the two of you?" Julian asked, frowning.

I looked at Sylvia and then nodded as she smiled encouragingly. "Yes, we have clarified everything. You can go home now. "

"Oh, Julian, can we pass by the estate agent before we get the other car?"

I looked at my mother-in-law puzzled. "Estate agent?" I echoed confused and looked quickly at Julian, who shrugged.

"And at the fashion store?"

"She wants to buy new sheets," Julian said with a chuckle.

"O-kay?" I frowned in confusion. "Could you then pick up Justin from Haley? I think he was with her long enough now. And since I'm out of the hospital tomorrow, he should be home then."

Julian nodded. "Will be done. Anything else?"

"No, that was it for now." As he bent down to me, kissing me goodbye, I closed my eyes. "I love you," I whispered to him and then looked at Sylvia. "And we'll see each other at home," I said, smiling. When both had left, I sat back in my pillow. How things sometimes sort itself out, like puzzle pieces that fit together. I was really happy that we had found a solution that pleased all of us, and I couldn't wait to get home to start my new life with Sylvia, Julian and Justin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 874 44
After a terrible freshman year, Ally moves for two years and returns to her old high school to finish her senior year as Brooke and maybe face her fe...
117K 3.1K 46
What would happen if your mate was someone you knew you couldn't and shouldn't be with? Would you go through all obstacles to be together, would you...
22.5K 598 53
Brent never wanted to get married as a child and still feels that way as a high school student, but then he meets Pierson.... © 2021 - 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐫𝐬𝗼...
311 12 23
My High School Essays from 9-12 grades. Stories 1-5: Freshman Year Stories 6- 12 Sophomore Year Stories 13 - 18 Junior Year Stories 19 - 23 Senior Ye...