The Forced Marriage With The...

Autorstwa Mystery_Angel6

Daniel Rodriguez. Who would say that the once caring and fun loving playboy would turn into a heartless man... Więcej

Chapter 1. The Cross Connection
Chapter 2. Falling into the trap
Chapter 3. The Prince's Sister
Chapter 4. The Marriage
Chapter 5. Married
Chapter 6. The sight of heaven?
Chapter 7. Nightmare
Chapter 8. Comfort
Chapter 9. Mess?
Chapter 10. Hurt
Chapter 11. Abomination
Chapter 12. His Darkness
Chapter 13. Aftermath
Chapter 14. The Piano Room
Chapter 15. Bitter-Sweet Memories
Chapter 16. Breakfast together
Chapter 17. Having Fun
Chapter 18. Plotting
Chapter 20. Step-Sister
Chapter 21. Saving A Damsel In Distress
Chapter 22. Jealousy
Chapter 23. The Kiss
Chapter 24. Why did you do that?
Chapter 25. Kiana's Condition
Chapter 26. You're most precious to me
Chapter 27. The Truce
Chapter 28. The Heartbreak
Chapter 29. Goodbye, Daniel.
Chapter 30. "I know better than you."
Chapter 31. Anthony's Past
Chapter 32. Graveyard Visit
Chapter 33. Anthony's Secret
Chapter 34. Stupid Mate Bond
Chapter 35. Accidently Hearing The Truth
Chapter 36. Invitation
Chapter 37. Letting off the Hook
Chapter 38. Marked
Chapter 39. Can't keep my hands off you
Chapter 40. What really happened.
Chapter 41. Scheming Kiana
Chapter 42. You love her, don't you?
Chapter 43. Ari, you can't leave me.
Chapter 44. The Change
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Characters
Anthony's Story! (Completed)

Chapter 19. Funeral

46.5K 1.6K 291
Autorstwa Mystery_Angel6

It is both a blessing and a curse to feel everything so very deeply.

~d.j

Ariana's POV

My eyes took into my dark and gloomy surrounding; few people mourning in wallow, few standing with a sad face while they gave their condolences to the dead and there were the rest who looked like they either didn't want to be here or they just didn't know what was going on.

Sadly, I was one of them. Standing next to the wooden casket where a man named 'Duncan Caprielle' laid inside the wooden casket neatly dressed in a black tuxedo with his eyes closed. The man was a human and died of an accident at a young age. Such a pity. I didn't really know who he was or better yet what was going on.

Earlier when Daniel had said me to wear something formal and black, I had guessed we were attending a gothic party not a funeral ceremony.

The moment Daniel and I entered the graveyard, everyone had bowed their heads in respect to the prince before going back to looking sad or blank.

What worried me was how Daniel seemed sad as he stared at the dead man. Although he didn't show it out in front but the way he was clutching my hand so tightly it was almost painful. It was like holding my hand would make him feel better and that was enough for me to understand his dilemma. He had been holding my hand ever since we entered the graveyard. I don't know who this man meant to him but he must be really important to Daniel for him to hurt so much.

I squeezed his hand in reassurance -although I didn't know what the matter was- which seemed to work as his grip loosened on my hand but still not leaving them.

"Danny?" Came a feminine voice cutting the utter silence around us.

I felt Daniel stiffen beside me and the hold on my hand became tight once again. I took a glance at Daniel first who looked disturbed before I glanced towards the source of the sound.

There came a beautiful girl. Her raven hair cascading down her waist bounced left to right as she made her way to us. She was dressed in an expensive looking black dress paired with black killer heels stiletto. She looked every inch of a model, whether it'd be her porcelian doll like pale face or her bright grey eyes or her blood red lips.

For some reason, I couldn't help but think I've seen her somewhere.

"Kiana," Daniel's voice was cold and eerie as he addressed the woman.

Kiana

I have heard this name. My eyes widened as realisation dawned on me. It was the name of the woman from Daniel's diary. I'm sure this is her. I clearly remember her face now. The woman in that picture, she looked exactly like the woman in front of me.

"You're here, Danny. I thought you wouldn't come," Kiana's eyes were teary as she gazed at the dead man in the casket before looking back at Daniel.

Daniel clutched my hand tighter if that's even possible and gave the woman a steel cold look, "Why wouldn't I? Even after everything he did, he's still my friend."

"I always knew you had a good heart. That's why even when I left you, I couldn't entirely forget you. You were always on my mind-" Kiana was cut off harshly by a very rude Daniel.

"We're here to give condolences to the dead. Not to reminisce the past. It would be disrespectful for you to speak about another man in front of your dead husband's grave. It wasn't good meeting you, Kiana. You still haven't changed."

My mouth hanged agape at Daniel's harsh words but I quickly shut it so I didn't look like a fish.

"Let's go, Ariana," Daniel dragged me along with him while he made his way out of the graveyard.

Giving an apologising look over my shoulder to the stunned woman, I trailed behind a fast-striding Daniel.

The moment we were out of the graveyard, away from prying eyes into the huge expansive forest of Iris, Daniel let go of my hand and stared at me with something in his eyes.

"How can you be so rude-"

My words stopped as Daniel brought his arms around my body pulling me into his warm embrace. I was shocked for a moment.

What is he doing?

"Just let me hold you for a while," my heart clenched at his heartbroken voice.

Without a thought, I raised my hands from my sides and wrapped them around Daniel's torso. I felt his chin rest on top of my head as he pulled me closer to his body tightening his arms around me.

We stayed that way under the dark clouds even when it started raining lightly.

Author's POV

Kiana's eyebrows knitted into a frown as she gazed at the pair in front of her hugging each other. She had followed Daniel here to apologise to him about everything she had done and mend back their broken relationship now that she regretted everything she did to him years ago and didn't have anyone of rich status by her side but what did she find? Him hugging another woman.

Kiana gritted her teeth in anger. Just who was this woman? Earlier, she had blatantly ignored the woman despite the fact that Daniel was holding her hand but now it was clear, the woman in his arms wasn't just a prostitute and maybe she meant more than Kiana to him and the thought itself angered her more.

How is that petite looking woman even a comparison to what she is?

"Long time no see, gorgeous," came a man's voice to which Kiana just ignored like she always did but the man was adamant on continue speaking, "I smell jealousy."

"Get the heck out of here, Anthony," Kiana hissed.

Kiana couldn't bear the presence of this man for even a minute. Years ago, when she was still with Daniel, this man had tried every means possible to break their relationship. She didnt know what it was but the alpha had a serious grudge with her mate. She could swear that this man would've been the happiest when she chose Duncan over Daniel.

Today, although she didn't wanted to invite him, she had to because he's an alpha and it was an obligation to invite all the alphas to any ceremony within the kingdom.

As the rain started getting heavier, Anthony opened his black umbrella that he had carried all the way here and raised it above his head, "I must admit, I'm a bit surprised to see the arrogant werewolf prince Daniel Rodriguez, holding my mate in his arms."

The last sentence piqued Kiana's interest. Her head snapped to the side, "Your mate?"

"Finally got your attention, huh?" A sly smirk made it's way on Anthony's lips.

Kiana gave him an icy glare which resulted his smirk to grow wider.

"What a beauty! Daniel doesn't have eyes, does he? What is he doing with my boring mate instead of claiming his own sexy and stunning mate?" His index finger trailed down Kiana's beautiful face.

"Get your hands off me, Anthony," she swatted away his hand in annoyance, "And what the heck is your mate doing with mine? Shouldn't she be next to you, not Daniel."

By now, Kiana didn't care if she sounded as much jealous as she was. She was furious. How could Daniel forget her so easily? Didn't he claim to love her more than his life then what is he doing now? And that too with that woman who wasn't even a comparison.

"Oh, my mate is Daniel Rodriguez's wife. He married her because I didn't accept the truce of peace between vamps and wolf's and what not bullshit. He thought it would be best to manipulate me through my mate and make me agree the truce. Idiot doesn't know I really don't care whatever the heck he does with that woman. She's not my type. You're more like my type," Anthony winked at her.

Kiana averted her gaze away from this perverted man back to her mate and that simple looking woman.

Daniel and Ariana backed away from each other's embrace.

"Are you okay now?"

Daniel's eyes scanned Ariana's worried face and a small smile grew on his face, "I'm glad you're here."

Ariana looked stunned for a minute but before she could utter even a single word, Daniel clasped her hand in his and started tugging her along with him towards the carriage.

"Do you want to get drenched again? I sure don't want to. It's raining silly," Daniel blaberred pulling a shocked Ariana along with him.

Kiana clenched her fists in anger as she looked at the pair. She wanted to be back on Daniel's side and in his good books. With this woman, her plan would surely fail. She had to get rid of her.

"What do you say, Anthony? What about we make a deal?" Kiana suggested her lips twisting into a sardonic smile as she stared at the alpha, "You accept the truce and take back your mate. In return, I'll do whatever you ask."

"Accepting the truce means negotiating with my revenge. Do you think I'll settle on a meek compensation?"

"You'll get whatever you want. Just take that bitch away from my Daniel."

"Very well then."Anthony's own lips twisted into an evil smirk.

Now that he saw it from his own eyes, he was sure that Ariana meant more to Daniel than what he displayed. And what was better than snatching away his enemy's happiness?

He would use this trade to it's full advantage.

Ariana's POV

The ride to the castle was silent. Daniel didn't utter a word the whole way. We both are still partly drenched due to standing in the rain.

When the carriage halted in front of the castle, Daniel descended down the carriage and extended his hand towards me.

Still seated inside the carriage, I stared at his outstretched arm. Why is he standing like a coachman whose supposed to help a lady down the carriage?

Daniel rolled his eyes when I didn't make any movement, "You know my hand is still hanging here. If you don't know, you're supposed to place your hand on mine and get down."

My cheeks flushed in embarrassment. Why do I always make a fool out of myself?

I hesitantly placed my cold hand on his warm ones. He's still so warm even after getting drenched.

Without a prior notice, Daniel tugged me ahead and I, who wasn't paying a least bit attention, stumbled on my steps and felt face front on top of Daniel.

Even he seemed to be surprised and unprepared by the sudden action as he stumbled on his footing. Daniel's hand wrapped around my waist instictively and he fell down on his back with me on top of him and my hands gripping his shoulders firmly for support.

As I slowly raised my head and our eyes met, mine widened in surprise as to how close we were while his eyes contorted with amusement.

It wasn't until he spoke did I realise that I had fallen on top of him and he's the one who had gotten the full effect of the fall.

"You're so clumsy, Ari," my eyes widened further more when he called me 'Ari'.

I dare not say my nickname didn't sound really nice coming out of his mouth.

I was speechless staring at his greek god-like face while he stared back with a smile playing on his lips. I'm happy he's finally smiling. I thought he'd be back to his cold self since he looked really upset after the funeral.

"I know I'm handsome but are you going to stare me the whole day?" Daniel smirked making me snap out of my stupor but when I tried to get up, I realised his arms are basically still wound around my waist and there he was blaberring and joking around.

I must say, I really love Daniel's playful side though.

"It's a bit uncomfortable laying on the rocky ground you know. How would you know? You're on top of me but I really don't mind if you want to stay there. It kinda feels good," he winked at me making me more shocked than I already am.

Despite the grin threatening to fall on my lips, I narrowed my eyes at him. Warding off his arms from around my waist which he finally let go, I got up from top of him.

Daniel still didn't get up instead laid there with his hands folded behind his head and a huge grin on his face.

I ignored him and walked towards the exit but when I didn't hear any footsteps following, I turned around and stomped towards him again.

"Aren't you coming in?" I huffed while he continued giving me that cheshire cat grin.

"Can't a poor man get a little help?" Okay, I love when he's playful but right now he's annoying me.

I know very well he can get up on his own then why is he acting the victim here?

Nevertheless, I outstretched my hand for him to take which he did quite gleefully taking my hand and then dragged me towards the castle's main door once he was up on his footing like all along he wasn't the one lazing about.

Once we entered the mansion, the voice of heels clicking against the floor were the first thing I heard.

The next moment, a blonde haired woman with beautiful grey eyes wearing an elegant yet tacky attire came rushing towards us and practically pounced on Daniel pulling him in a bone-crushing hug.

The surprising element was that, Daniel didn't cringe or push her away arrogantly instead accepted her hug with a lovely smile on his face.

Just who is this woman?

_______

Any guesses on who this woman might be?

The ones who read 'The Vampire King's Mate'. Don't you think you're forgetting someone? A family member maybe...

Anyways, I'll try to update as soon as possible. I might update tomorrow if I complete the chapter or else I'll update on Monday.

Until then, bubye:)

Hope you liked the chapter^^

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

35.4K 771 51
Book One in the Mafia's Flower series THIS IS A DARK ROMANCE MEANT FOR MATURE AUDIENCES TRIGGERS ARE LISTED ON THE FIRST PAGE As the daughter of a Do...
6.2K 320 30
(Editing grammar and sentence structure) Losing your parents at three years of age and having to grow up too soon to rule the most feared pack in the...
23.5K 1.1K 32
Book 6 -: Royal Monsters Series ─━━━━━━⊱✿⊰━━━━━━─ Born as a Mafia Princess, raised by a hard-hearted brother , I've never seen happiness for real...
1.5M 38K 32
When Cari can no longer contain the pain of her mate being with someone else her pack falls apart. For ten years Carissa Mason has had to endure the...