Difference

By garicksons

A story of teenager Adonis, living with post traumatic stress disorder, as well as a world of other issues in... More

Disclaimer
1. I like your shoes
2. Teen Connection Club
3. Skylar & Braheim
4. Guitar Playing
5. American Oven
6. The R Word
7. Facetime
8. Christmas Eve
9. Merry Chrithmath
10. Bad, but Fun.
11. CN Tower
12. Dread Head
13. Email
14. Bitch
15. Creative Writing
16. Keith
17. Party
18. Pineapples
19. Pills
20. Six Years Ago
21. I like you
22. Abstinence
23. Breathe
24. Micheal
PSA: dont do this
25. Ice Cubes *TW*
27. Frozen
backstory
28. Her
29. Ali-bi
30. Freaky
31. Sneak
32. Bruise
33. Loud
34. Swishers
35. Argument.
36. Back Home
37. Comfortable
38. Sidechick
39. Fight
40. Grow
41. Dinnertime
42. Advice
43. Drinks
44. Emotions
45. Sick
46. Abrasive
47. Meeting.
48. Family
49. ♡ Valentine ♡
50. ♡ Valentine pt 2 ♡
51. NYC (Final)
Epilogue: 5 years later
New Books
Q&A
Happy Fall ;)

26. Cookies

20.2K 1.5K 2.1K
By garicksons

in this chapter, we go deeper into Adonis' past and what spawned his PTSD. if you are sensitive the topic of sexual assault, maybe skip this chapter

or, read on until Adonis and his mother begin arguing. thanks!

Adonis»

Farrah ended up putting makeup over the hickeys on my neck, and after a while of talking, laughing, and more than a few kisses in her kitchen, my mom arrived.

Farrah checked me one more time to make sure my necked looked normal, and I left.

"How'd it go? Get any work done?" my mom asked me as I got into the car.

"Yeah I got some stuff done."

"Good, that's nice. I should let you know..Micah is at the house."

"Ok."

"So I w-"

"Wait. Where is Noel?"

"She's home too, relax."

"Mom you left her there alone? With him?"

"Adonis calm down, I know it seems like a big deal..considering what you've been through, but it's not. I trust Micah."

"That's your problem! Remember when you trusted-"

"Eden is gonna be home soon since you're so worried! And stop raising your voice at me! Who are you to tell me what my problem is? You've got a couple problems yourself Adonis."

I put my face in my hands to prevent myself from saying anything else. The words that wanted to come out of my mouth were things I shouldn't say.

"Don please..don't blame me for what happened to you. I got enough of that from your dad. I couldn't have predicted any of that happening, it was a mistake-"

"A mistake that you're making again?!"

"Noel is fine!" She yelled in frustration.

Just calm down, Adonis. You're overreacting. Noel is fine.

I kept my face in my hands, taking deep breaths. I thought of my dad, and he advice he'd give me right now. Never argue with your mother, you won't win.

"Adonis I'm sorry about what happened with Eleanor and that daughter of hers,"

I shuddered at the mention of them.

"There isn't a day it doesn't cross my mind, but I need you to trust that I wouldn't put Noel in danger, okay?"

"Okay."

"And Adonis? I only left you there because I thought you'd have a nice time. Let's not put the blame on anyone."

"I'm sorry." I said sincerely. My thoughts were no longer on the argument, instead my head swarmed with repressed memories I tried my hardest to forget.

[Eight years ago]

"Adonis, come with me." Eleanor spoke to the shy nine year old.

Eleanor had made good friends with Adonis' mother through church.

Eleanor had a daughter, Abby. Who despite being three years older than Adonis, found herself in the same grade as him.

A learning disability, her mother claimed.

Eleanor and Sade made the decision that their children would be friends, though neither of the children took much interest in each other.

Sade's reasoning was that she was desperate for her timid son to have a close friend, while Eleanor claimed her daughter Abby had the same problem.

And so, after a couple 'play dates' both Eleanor and Sade agreed that an impromptu sleepover would be a fun time for the two kids.

"Come with you? W-where?" A sleepy Adonis said, wiping his eyes.

It was past 1 am, the last thing Adonis expected was Eleanor randomly entering the room he was staying in to wake him up.

"Abby's playing a game. You want to play?"

"..game?" The young boy sat up in his bed.

"Yeah. Aren't you gonna come play? Abby's been begging me to come get you."

Adonis climbed out of his bed, still a bit disoriented. But with him being nothing but a child, he saw no harm in a game.

He followed behind the woman to what he knew as Abby's room. There was a smell emitting from Eleanor that Adonis couldn't explain, but he knew he didn't like it.

"Don!" The girl smiled, when she'd seen her mother return with him. "Mommy you can leave now."

"You two place nice, okay?" Eleanor said, leaving Adonis in the room and closing the door.

"Wh-what's the game?" Adonis asked, confused as to what was going on.

"First you have to sit down." The twelve year old girl said to him, patting the floor.

Adonis sat in front of her.

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

"No." Adonis laughed. At this age girls were still 'gross' and girlfriends were something he had no interest in.

"Well..can I be your girlfriend?" Abby asked him.

"Hmm. No thank you." Adonis replied politely.

"B-But I like you. And my mom said you can be my boyfriend."

"But I don't..want to.."

"Mommy!!!" She screamed, startling Adonis.

Eleanor rushed into the room, standing over the two.

"What's going on?"

"Mom Adonis said no. Tell him he has to be my boyfriend."

"Adonis, please be nice to Abby. She isn't blessed like you, she doesn't have two parents or siblings. She just wants a friend."

"I am her friend Mrs. Eleanor."

"Then why won't you be my boyfriend?!" Abby yelled.

Adonis now felt pressured, and afraid. He didn't wanna hurt Abby, and he definitely didn't want to be in trouble with her mother.

"Ok..I'm sorry. I- I will."

Abby cheered. She asked her mother to leave the room again, so she could spend time alone with her new 'boyfriend'.

Adonis sat quietly, as Abby explained the things 'couples' do. He was severely uncomfortable, but he didn't know what to do..so he sat there.

Things progressed, she bragged to him about the adult things she knew how to do, and that she'd show him how to do the same. He assured her he had no interest in that, but she insisted.

Eventually, her mother re-entered the room this time staying. The two took turns physically 'teaching' Adonis how to do different things he really, really didn't care to learn.

[present day]

We got home, and were greeted by Noel running up to us smiling.

"Hey Adonis!!!"

"Hi, Noel."

"Me and Micah made cookies, do you want one?" She said tugging on my arm.

"No thank you, I'm gonna go to bed."

"Adonis, pleasure seeing you again." Micah said coming out of the kitchen.

"Mhm." I said, continuing on my path upstairs.

"See Don, I told you.." my mother began, before I tuned her out.

I went straight into my room and closed my door.

I cleared my mind of the argument in the car, I cleared my mind Eleanor and Abby, and thought of something that would make me happy.

Farrah.

I decided to call her, to avoid letting my thoughts consume me.

"Hey Adonis." She answered.

"Hey Farrah..you have a minute?"

"I always do. You okay?"

"I'm okay...I just was rude to my mom. Really rude."

"Don, knowing her I-"

"Usually it's her fault, but this..this on me. She left Noel alone with her boyfriend, he didn't do anything but make cookies..but I was so worried because...you know."

"I understand."

"I was so angry at her.  But when I was talking to her I...never mind."

I didn't wanna dump all my problems on Farrah, she's not a therapist and I can't expect that from her.

"You can talk to me Adonis, I know it's hard to talk to other people..but either way you can't keep it inside. It's okay to be angry."

"I gotta stop being so mean to her, she wants what's best for me."

"Are you sure about that?"

Our conversation was interrupted by Eden walking in my room.

"I'm sorry Farrah, I'll call you right back." I said to her, not knowing what type of stupid thing Eden would say.

"Cool, I'll be up." She said chuckling. We hung up, and Eden stood there.

"Mom is mad at you."

"I know." I shrugged.

"I like that you don't care. I see you're growing into yourself..at first it was intimidating, but you seem happy."

"I am happy."

He stared at me for a second, folding his arms.

"You and Farrah fucked?"

"Wh- no."

"No? Not at all?"

"No. Why?"

"Just had the feeling y'all would, you seem to be getting pretty close. Anyway, give me my condom back..I got somewhere to be tonight."

I rolled my eyes, digging in my pocket for the condom. Empty.

"Uh...."

"Adonis. Where's the condom I gave you?" He laughed.

"I don't know- I-"

"If you're having sex you could have told me. I'm not a snitch."

"I didn't have sex with her, I mean it. I don't know where the condom is Eden."

"Aww shit. Why would you put it in your pocket? That shit can be anywhere. Check mom's car, and you better hope it's not at Farrah's house. She's gonna think you were there to fuck."

"What do I do??"

"I don't know man. You better call and do damage control before she finds it herself."

Fuck.

a/n:
so at the beginning of this month, this book had around 9k reads. IF that.

Now we're at 26k lol. Idk why we growing like this but it's appreciated!!!!!! That you!!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 55 56
A young girl rises to stardom and finds true love amidst battling mental issues caused by a traumatic past. **DISCLAIMER** This is in no way reflecti...
94.9K 3K 45
*UNDER EDITING* In the intricate web of high school, Coen and Serenity shared a close friendship, until life took its toll. Then, out of the blue, a...
282 27 30
COMPLETED- Angela has suffered from mental depression and disorientation ever since her mum died, she is constantly abandoned and nobody is ever ther...
1.8K 251 82
Two kids with horrible school experiences despite being from different backgrounds are admitted towards the ultimate high school experience, and have...