Book 2- 1966 (Michael Jackson)

By MusicAndMeMJ

COMPLETED ... Yes. It's book 2. I decided to go on with a sequel to '1965'. This is gonna be a heck of a long... More

Chapter 1- New Years Day
Chapter 2- Behind Their Backs
Chapter 3- Audition Tape Response
Chapter 4- Against His Wishes
Chapter 5- Into The Windy City
Chapter 6- Tensions
Chapter 7- Meet Lischia
Chapter 8- A Little History Lesson
Chapter 9- More Tensions
Chapter 10- Forgiven
Chapter 11- Light... Bulb!
Chapter 12- That Was My Mother's!
Chapter 13- Patterns
Chapter 14- Regular
Chapter 15- The Dangers Of Gary
Chapter 16- Can You Remember?
Chapter 17- Daydream Flashes
Chapter 18- Sign Us Up
Chapter 19- Lischia's 'Lessons'
Chapter 20- Seven, At Last
Chapter 21- Roosevelt High Talent Show
Chapter 22- Cars Are Not My Friends
Chapter 23- Tom Cruise Comes Back!
Chapter 24- Explanation, Please?
Chapter 25- Janet
Chapter 26- The Strange Stranger In No Strangers' Land
Chapter 27- The JoeMonster At The Window
Chapter 28- The Stranger Is Unveiled
Chapter 29- Two Plus One
Chapter 30- A Day In The (New) Life
Chapter 31- Christopher
Chapter 32- I Wanna Be Part, Too!
Chapter 33- Goodbye, Ms. Simms
Chapter 34- Off And On
Chapter 35- The Past, Long Forgotten
Chapter 36- Doctor's Dis-Appointment
Chapter 37- Neighborhood Stars
Chapter 38- It Isn't Fair To Them
Chapter 39- Mrs. Parker, Room 111
Chapter 40- Little Body, Big Arguments
Chapter 41- Chewed Out
Chapter 42- Marlon's Experiment
Chapter 43- That's Just My Mommy
Chapter 44- That's IT!
Chapter 45- Our Kids Are Liars
Chapter 47- Sniffles
Temporary A/N
Chapter 48- Curiouser and Curiouser
Chapter 49- Christmas? Hanukkah? Kwanzaa?
Chapter 50- Printed In The Paper
A/N From GotToBeThereMJ

Chapter 46- Cafeteria Pie

416 34 8
By MusicAndMeMJ

                                                             Chapter 46- Cafeteria Pie

                                                   Date: Wednesday, November 2, 1966

                                                                    Time: 11:41AM

                                                                     KAYLA'S POV

My eyes traveled across the lunchroom as I bit into my apple. I searched around, hoping that someone would sit next to me. Michael was sitting next to Alicia. The only other girl who talked to me was out sick for the day. As for the last kid... he's with his other friend.

I folded my legs, trying to make myself seem sophisticated. However, I quickly unfolded them. If anyone caught sight of me like this, they would most likely deem me as snooty or something of that nature. After all, I'm the different kid. I'm not a nerd, to be honest. I'm more of a... maybe a dork. 

Yeah, a dork. I had that weak sense of humor, just like a dork. I could still make friends, but it was difficult. My awful social skills didn't help, either. I had to face it: I was not a popular kid by any means. 

Well, it wasn't that I wanted to be popular, per se... I just wanted to get along with everyone as easily as the others kid. Why did I have to be so awkward when I engaged in conversation? Honestly, there were only about five people in the school that I could really talk to. Three were Jermaine, Marlon, and Michael. One was Alicia, and the other was Mrs. Parker.

Speaking of which, I learned quite a few things about Mrs. Parker this year. For one thing, she was very anal about the way we greeted her. When we were outside of the classroom, we always had to say 'Mrs. Parker: Room 111'. Otherwise, we would get in trouble. And inside of class, we had to call her either 'Mrs.' or 'Natalie'. She would get mad if we said anything else.

Mrs. Parker also loved pears. The stereotypical teacher would relish in receiving an apple, but the case was much different for Mrs. Parker. If you handed her a pear before class, she would munch on it while teaching the lesson. 

I made a mental note to buy canned pears over the year, just for her. 

Suddenly, I felt someone bump into my side. I toppled over onto the ground from the impact, landing with a thud!

When I looked up to see who shoved me, I saw Michael. "Oh!" he exclaimed. He held a hand out. "Sorry, Kayla. I didn't mean for that to happen. It's just that- well, um- I mean... Oh, look at that!" Michael's finger pointed above Jeremy's head.

My eyes followed Michael's finger and skimmed the walls until they reached the ceiling. I proceeded from there, trying to find what Michael had been all googly-eyed about. I almost asked him for what he was looking at when I noticed it.

There was some triangular thing attached to the ceiling. And it was green. After a couple moments of stufying the grotesque object, I noticed that it was a slice of key lime pie... stuck to the ceiling.

Gross.

My nose wrinkled in disgust. "Ewwww," I whined, "that's gross! How long has it been there?"

Michael merely shrugged. "I dunno. I don't spend most of lunch staring at the ceiling."

I turned over to him. "Okay, smart-alec," I retorted, putting my hands on my hips. "You know what I had meant."

Michael giggled playfully. "I sure did."

I shook my head, trying not to grin. "Tsk, tsk..."

"So... um," Michael fumbled, "wanna talk about pie?"

Well... in the end, at least I got to talk to someone for the lunch period, no matter how disgusting it was. Just count my blessings...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 71 29
Everyone knew not to mess with the past, but what if we could have another shot at life? To make the choices we weren't able to in our first? ~ Micha...
207K 13.6K 54
[BOOK 1] After a war over a century ago, there have been several laws set in place to restrain the rights of individuals with special abilities-most...
2.1K 81 30
So, my parents are high-ed rich business woman and business man who runs one of the most successful firm in the world; and there goes Bianca, the mis...
976K 72.2K 49
"I love how this book is turning out!😍 Not cliche at all!" - i_hatecliche "We might live next door to each other," Haley said, "but we don't live in...